Hela vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falamu
Who might win, if the two fought? Yeah, I know that Hela can kill Asgardians with one touch, but Thor once defeated her and ripped off her cloak, leaving her powerless. If she and her father, Loki, fought, considering all factors, who do you think would win?

JakeTheBank
All factors considered, I believe Loki would have planned/manipulated things in his favor.

Sin I AM
good one..............id have to think about this, but im leaning towards Hela

Falamu
Yeah, I know...but, still, DARWIN, a mere mutant, was able to rip off her cloak and take her powers through draining them when she touched him...and this was in her own realm. So Darwin became Lord of Death, not Hela. This was in a recent issue of X-Factor, I think...

Still, if you want to use Handbook stats, Hela is rated 7 in Durability, more than both Thor and Loki, and 7 in Strength (lifting 100+ tons), more than Loki and on par with Thor. Loki is more intelligent, as a genius-level manipulator, though, so...

Falamu
Any new thoughts on this?

Angel Watching
Hela keeps millions in her realm in check every day. Loki sits alone most days. I practically call her a hell lord or minor god. Hela wins in straight up confrontation

SquallX
Originally posted by Falamu
Yeah, I know...but, still, DARWIN, a mere mutant, was able to rip off her cloak and take her powers through draining them when she touched him...and this was in her own realm. So Darwin became Lord of Death, not Hela. This was in a recent issue of X-Factor, I think...

Still, if you want to use Handbook stats, Hela is rated 7 in Durability, more than both Thor and Loki, and 7 in Strength (lifting 100+ tons), more than Loki and on par with Thor. Loki is more intelligent, as a genius-level manipulator, though, so...

But PIS happens all the time in comics. This Darwin character, does he have a streak of beating powerful beings in Hela's league.

Now by all means I'm not denying the feat, nor am i downplaying it, but it's just that in comics, there's always a characters that walks around with PIS as there little *****.

Q99
Yea, I go with Hela here. She has a few odd losses but is generally pretty uber.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, the Darwin feat was by far his greatest feat to date from what I can tell. I'd have argued strongly that it's beyond him until I saw it. Hela touched him, and he jumped like two tiers up in power to survive, then ripped off her cloak. Mutant Potential!!!!

For all the complaining people do about Gods or whatever being powerful, mutants are ridiculously overpowered in current Marvel imo. I don't understand the obsession writers have with unstable powerful characters. And yes, from what I last read, Darwin seemed to be undergoing a major change in personality. I wonder if his crazy currently; hopefully PAD wouldn't do something that cliche.

SquallX
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, the Darwin feat was by far his greatest feat to date from what I can tell. I'd have argued strongly that it's beyond him until I saw it. Hela touched him, and he jumped like two tiers up in power to survive, then ripped off her cloak. Mutant Potential!!!!

For all the complaining people do about Gods or whatever being powerful, mutants are ridiculously overpowered in current Marvel imo. I don't understand the obsession writers have with unstable powerful characters. And yes, from what I last read, Darwin seemed to be undergoing a major change in personality. I wonder if his crazy currently; hopefully PAD wouldn't do something that cliche.

Thanks for the info.

Next time Galactus wants to destroy the Earth, they just sick Darwin on him. smokin'

quanchi112
Hela wins.

Falamu
Wait, didn't Loki defeat and even kill (some) the Disir, while Hela was very nearly overwhelmed by them, and had her arm sliced off and all? Besides, where does Hela's power come from, exactly? It is mystical in nature, surely, and no doubt considerable by all means, and yet, it is unlikely she studied spellcraft and sorcery as her father and Amora did...

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Which makes WWH all the more bullshit

SasuOna
Loki is her father so he wins

Q99
Wait, didn't Loki defeat and even kill (some) the Disir, while Hela was very nearly overwhelmed by them, and had her arm sliced off and all? Besides, where does Hela's power come from, exactly? It is mystical in nature, surely, and no doubt considerable by all means, and yet, it is unlikely she studied spellcraft and sorcery as her father and Amora did...

She's far more tied to her realm and gains specific powers as a result, I think. That tends to be how things normally work with gods- they develop great power over a specific portfolio. And in her case, that's Death, which is a pretty uber power to have.

DarkOdin
Wait, didn't Loki defeat and even kill (some) the Disir, while Hela was very nearly overwhelmed by them, and had her arm sliced off and all? Besides, where does Hela's power come from, exactly? It is mystical in nature, surely, and no doubt considerable by all means, and yet, it is unlikely she studied spellcraft and sorcery as her father and Amora did... Once again Loki the king of prep came ahead. the only thing that could kill the disir was a sword loki forged. The Disir also planned a trapp on hela to get the sword so more prep yet again.

Falamu
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Once again Loki the king of prep came ahead. the only thing that could kill the disir was a sword loki forged. The Disir also planned a trapp on hela to get the sword so more prep yet again.

So what you're saying is, if Loki had time to prepare, he would stand a chance against Hela?

DarkOdin
So what you're saying is, if Loki had time to prepare, he would stand a chance against Hela? Yup Loki with prep against must people would win.

Falamu
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Yup Loki with prep against must people would win.

Interesting...but in reality, how do you think Loki might try to win against Hela, then? Would he use some kind of spell to drain her powers or something?

DarkOdin
Interesting...but in reality, how do you think Loki might try to win against Hela, then? Would he use some kind of spell to drain her powers or something? With prep Loki would go the indirect route. Trick Thor or Odin to confront Hela, use some plot device weapon or wait until Hela is in some sort of weak state and attack here. Look how loki used Bor against Thor or the time he took over Odin's body etc.... In a head 2 head battle i give hela the edge in raw people not too mention on touch and loki is dust

Hyperion Prime
Seeing as how Loki has tricked Odin into adopting him....has had his child self meet his dead self and numerous other tricks he is one of the trickiest people in all of comics. I think he could outsmart her. I am sure her power output is greater, but Loki is on another level.

Falamu
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Seeing as how Loki has tricked Odin into adopting him....has had his child self meet his dead self and numerous other tricks he is one of the trickiest people in all of comics. I think he could outsmart her. I am sure her power output is greater, but Loki is on another level.

But it's not like Loki could KILL Hela. What could be the worst he could do to her?

Hyperion Prime
But it's not like Loki could KILL Hela. What could be the worst he could do to her?

You are probablly right. The only way he could win would be if he had prep. On a chance encounter he loses 8/10

Uriel005
I see this like a fight between Loki and Fenris. Loki's children in general surpass his battleprowess and I'd give it to them in a straight fight. On panel or with prep I'd give it to Loki as it's all in the plan with that man/woman god thing...

Falamu
Originally posted by Uriel005
I see this like a fight between Loki and Fenris. Loki's children in general surpass his battleprowess and I'd give it to them in a straight fight. On panel or with prep I'd give it to Loki as it's all in the plan with that man/woman god thing...

If Hela's just the daughter of a Giant, how did she come to rule Hel?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You can never really be sure with the Gods.

Originally posted by Uriel005

Loki and Hela would be a great fight. She'd probably edge it out. Loki would take down Fenris however.

quanchi112
Hela wins.

long pig
I'm pretty sure Loki has been shown to be more than hesitant to have any dealings with Hela. She's a tough cookie. Sans bad writing, she should dominate.

Falamu
If Loki was able to take on Thor thousands of time head-on and very nearly triumph in so many cases, wouldn't Hela be little different? I mean, Thor's faced Hela and done pretty well most instances, right? And Thor has neither Loki's genius nor his vast mystical lore...

Falamu
Could Loki kill Hela, under the right circumstances? I mean, Odin did once, and Loki's threatened ODIN plenty of times...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.