what marvel earth character can beat galactus with prep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
they get 24h of prep

iron man
thor
dr doom
reed richard
High Evolutionary
silver surfer
cho
odin/destroyer

who can do it. feel free to name your own

inimalist
assuming a big G who isn't starving to death

iron man - not with only 24h (CIS-current IM is broke and salvaging his armor for parts)
thor - unlikely
dr doom - time machine + magic = something esoteric, he can do it
reed richard - probably
High Evolutionary - not sure
silver surfer - no
cho - not sure, lean to no
odin/destroyer - I'm not so knowledgeable about Asgardians, but doesn't Odin beat Galactus even without prep?

Write ins:

Strange, Shaman, or really any of the top tier magic users

Black bolt z
Originally posted by inimalist
odin/destroyer - I'm not so knowledgeable about Asgardians, but doesn't Odin beat Galactus even without prep?

No. Not even close.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can anyone tell me why Reed Richards has a Ultimate Nullifier hidden in a closet in #588? If he built one, that's crazy. Even more impressive than being able to casually build Cosmic Cubes as seen in the WWH's mini.

Odin, Reed and to a lesser extent, Doom are the only sure bets on a forum. After that, the most likely ones are Thor and Evolutionary.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can anyone tell me why Reed Richards has a Ultimate Nullifier hidden in a closet in #588? If he built one, that's crazy. Even more impressive than being able to casually build Cosmic Cubes as seen in the WWH's mini.

Odin, Reed and to a lesser extent, Doom are the only sure bets on a forum. After that, the most likely ones are Thor and Evolutionary. How would thor beat galactus?

The Nuul
Originally posted by Black bolt z
How would thor beat galactus?

It's Rage, you are really asking him that question?

inimalist
No. Not even close.

huh..

I'm remembering something from back in the day where Odin was able to get Galactus to leave Asgard though?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin chased Galactus out of Asgard off panel IIRC so I wouldn't count it.

How would thor beat galactus?

If he uses more extreme methods? Grab the Twilight Sword, Norn Stones, and the Destroyer armor. Wrap the belt of strength around Mjolnir and wait until he sees Galactus on the horizon.

Not going to happen in a comic of course, but whatever. That makes a win a certainty.

bagsikdangal101

If he uses more extreme methods? Grab the Twilight Sword, Norn Stones, and the Destroyer armor. Wrap the belt of strength around Mjolnir and wait until he sees Galactus on the horizon.

Not going to happen in a comic of course, but whatever. That makes a win a certainty.

The thread did say with prep.So that counts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's a bit....fanboyish, but whatever it's a forum.

Colossus-Big C
can thor even get the sword from surtur?

GRIMNIR
I think Galactus should be above all other characters in Marvel Universe except for the few entities higher than himself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
can thor even get the sword from surtur?

He gave it to Heimdall to hide it for all time or some such. He could easily ask for it.

inimalist
would he be able to retrieve it in 24h? wink

BullwinkleMoose
Squirrel GIrl could and would not even need the Prep. Plus she has expereince fighting Galactus.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
I think Galactus should be above all other characters in Marvel Universe except for the few entities higher than himself. why?

Rage.Of.Olympus
would he be able to retrieve it in 24h? wink

I don't see why not. Especially looking at Thor's teleportation capabilities.

The Nuul
Thor can match Living T with prep.

Black bolt z

Not going to happen in a comic of course, but whatever. That makes a win a certainty. I guess that might work. Sounds kinda....stupid and unreliable. but it works.

Omega Vision
huh..

I'm remembering something from back in the day where Odin was able to get Galactus to leave Asgard though?
Prolly a weakened Galactus.

Or maybe one of those "Sentry stalemated Galactus" things.

Tazer
Yo.

Johnny Storm did this very thing not too long ago..........

Tazer

inimalist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Prolly a weakened Galactus.

Or maybe one of those "Sentry stalemated Galactus" things.

I may have read 5 Thor comics in my life, so tbh, no idea where to place Odin or anyone. I know Odin did make Galactus retreat at some point, but ya, it could have been for any number of reasons.

I really have no idea of what Odin's feat list would be like

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess that might work. Sounds kinda....stupid and unreliable. but it works.

It would work.

Why is it stupid and unreliable? It's unlikely in a comic, but that's it.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man: 24 hours? Given his connections, it's possible, if not probable.
Thor: If he gets all of Asgard's exotic weapons and arms himself to the teeth, it's possible.
Dr. Doom: Yes.
Reed Richards: Yes.
High Evolutionary: Possible, I suppose.
Silver Surfer: Highly unlikely.
Cho: I doubt it.
Odin/Destroyer: I think he could do it.

Mindset

Not going to happen in a comic of course, but whatever. That makes a win a certainty. Galan nullifies Odin's weapons.

inimalist
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Iron Man: 24 hours? Given his connections, it's possible, if not probable.

if Tony was left to himself (ie, could call up his connections), do you think he would be able to do it?

JakeTheBank
if Tony was left to himself (ie, could call up his connections), do you think he would be able to do it?

Tony with his connections? Depending on Galactus' state, I certainly think it's possible. I wouldn't feel extremely strongly about it, but Tony at his prime (or just with the Reality Gem he had until this week), could pull out a win, imo.

Mindset
Tony would end up wrecking the universe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
Galan nullifies Odin's weapons.

I doubt it.

Mindset
I doubt it. I don't.

JakeTheBank
But we all agree Doom makes Galactus his *****, right?

Mindset
Right.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't.

But your opinion doesn't count.

Mindset
But your opinion doesn't count. And yours even less.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Disagreed.

Mindset
I doubt it.

Black bolt z
It would work.

Why is it stupid and unreliable? It's unlikely in a comic, but that's it. It'd be like thanos calling in his armada of ships in a forums fight or Iron man calling in help from thor or reed going to get the ultimate nullifier.

Just cuz have the ability to get help from somewhere doesn't make it likely or in this case really even possible in a forum fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It'd be like thanos calling in his armada of ships in a forums fight or Iron man calling in help from thor or reed going to get the ultimate nullifier.

Just cuz have the ability to get help from somewhere doesn't make it likely or in this case really even possible in a forum fight.

This is a thread with prep and I listed items only that Thor has direct access too.

Did I say it was likely in a comic? No. In fact, I said the opposite. It is however most definitely possible. Especially in a forum fight.

The Destroyer Armor, the Twilight Sword etc. would only take moments for Thor to get.

Edit: I listed the Norn Stones. I don't remember what happened to them.

Did the Asgardians collect them for the armory?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Nuul
It's Rage, you are really asking him that question? i lol'd

Utrigita
huh..

From what I've read and gathered it's generally as well supported as Galactus being said to have the power to destroy the universe ten times over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.