For Those Who Want To Know.!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonardEdgar
In the fourth century A.D. the Roman emperor Constantine formed a council of historians and scholars. What would later be known as the Council of Nice Fulfilled the directive of its charter and recommended that at least 25 documents be modified or removed from the collection of texts. The committee found many of the works under consideration to be redundant, with overlapping stories and repeated parables. Other manuscripts were so abstract and in some cases so mystical that they were believed to be beyond any practical value. Additionally, another twenty supporting documents were removed, held in reserve for privilege researchers and select scholars. The remaining books were condensed and rearranged, to give them greater meaning and make them more accessible to the common reader. Each of these decisions contributed to further confusing the mystery of our purpose, possibilities, and relationship to one another. Following the accomplishment of their task, the council produced a single document in A.D. 325. The result of their labor remains with us as perhaps one of the most controversial texts of sacred history. It is known today as the Holy Bible.

Five hundred years before the birth of Christ a mysterious groups of scholars formed communities to honor the ancient teachings that began before history as we know it. They were known as the Essenes, Nazarenes, and Ebionites. The Roman and Jewish scholars referred to the Essenes as a race by themselves. and their traditions are found in ancient writings such as the Sumerian glyphs, dating to 4000 B.C. Elements of nearly every major world belief system existing today may be traced back to this major world belief system existing today by the lineage of wisdom, including those of China, Tibet, Egypt, India, Palestine, Greece, and the American Southwest, also, the Freemasons, Gnostic's, Christians, and Kabalist. They were known as the "Elect, and the Chosen Ones."

The Vatican manuscripts, held for ever 1,500 years, were key in the documents or the scrolls found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Both in Nag Hammadi and Qumran...It was confirmed that the scriptures in the Holy Bible were infact edited from the original scrolls. whole books such as Isaiah held many different views that were edited out of the cannon. Teachings such as vegetarian, reincarnation, Father in Heaven and Mother Earth, we are all connected to each other and to all living things, For the spirit of the Son of Man was created from the spirit of the Heavenly Father, and his body from the body of the Earthy Mother. Our Heavenly Father is the masculine and the Mother Earth is our Feminine and we are composed of both.

Taken from the Book, The Isaiah Effect..by Gregg Braden

Thought you might want to discuss this.

King Kandy
Guy sounds like a nut.

alltoomany
Originally posted by King Kandy
Guy sounds like a nut.

that's not nice

anaconda
still a nut..........that constatine only if he knew what trouble he bread

Deja~vu
If aliens actually did communicate with us and told us that there are other planets just like us that didn't understand how things really were and that those civilizations did just what we did and invented fables that were passed along to make understanding of it all, and they showed us all the proof we asked for. Would we feel silly to know that the books written forever ago still be important? OR would people wake up and see that we are just one little planet amongst many that may be very young or even advanced.

Kinda like a Star Track episode. Or would we still have ignorant people that would believe aliens were all demons to mislead us away from Heaven...destining us for Hell?

Me personally, I think that religious people would say it's a satanic trick...Hahahahha...

When does ignorance and bliss stop holding hands as a happily married couple....

TacDavey
Originally posted by Deja~vu
If aliens actually did communicate with us and told us that there are other planets just like us that didn't understand how things really were and that those civilizations did just what we did and invented fables that were passed along to make understanding of it all, and they showed us all the proof we asked for. Would we feel silly to know that the books written forever ago still be important? OR would people wake up and see that we are just one little planet amongst many that may be very young or even advanced.

Kinda like a Star Track episode. Or would we still have ignorant people that would believe aliens were all demons to mislead us away from Heaven...destining us for Hell?

Me personally, I think that religious people would say it's a satanic trick...Hahahahha...

When does ignorance and bliss stop holding hands as a happily married couple....

Personally, if we found an alien race with religious views similar to ours, I would consider it evidence supporting belief in God, not the other way around.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by LeonardEdgar
In the fourth century A.D. the Roman emperor Constantine formed a council of historians and scholars. What would later be known as the Council of Nice......

I thought it was the council of nicaea, Or is that old talk for Nice?

socool8520
Originally posted by TacDavey
Personally, if we found an alien race with religious views similar to ours, I would consider it evidence supporting belief in God, not the other way around.

You say similar to ours. But even within our own population, we all have different beliefs. I assume it would be the same for any intelligent species.

Shakyamunison

So, if we found aliens that had no belief in god (natural atheism), then that would be proof there is no god?

socool8520
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, if we found aliens that had no belief in god (natural atheism), then that would be proof there is no god?

Using the previous logic he stated, then yeah, that is valid.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by socool8520

I'm sure Christians will find some how to rationalizing that away.

socool8520
But again, I don't see how they could when the human race itsel has hundreds of different belief systems.

Shakyamunison
But again, I don't see how they could when the human race itsel has hundreds of different belief systems.

They don't see differences like we do. They see their belief (correct belief), and everyone else's belief (incorrect belief). Therefore, there are only two.

Consider the following; why are we the only animal the worships a god (in any way)?

Deja~vu
Because we are the most easily influenced? Sheeple?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Because we are the most easily influenced? Sheeple?

Then sheep should be praying. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by LeonardEdgar
In the fourth century A.D. the Roman emperor Constantine formed a council of historians and scholars. What would later be known as the Council of Nice Fulfilled the directive of its charter and recommended that at least 25 documents be modified or removed from the collection of texts. The committee found many of the works under consideration to be redundant, with overlapping stories and repeated parables. Other manuscripts were so abstract and in some cases so mystical that they were believed to be beyond any practical value. Additionally, another twenty supporting documents were removed, held in reserve for privilege researchers and select scholars. The remaining books were condensed and rearranged, to give them greater meaning and make them more accessible to the common reader. Each of these decisions contributed to further confusing the mystery of our purpose, possibilities, and relationship to one another. Following the accomplishment of their task, the council produced a single document in A.D. 325. The result of their labor remains with us as perhaps one of the most controversial texts of sacred history. It is known today as the Holy Bible.

Five hundred years before the birth of Christ a mysterious groups of scholars formed communities to honor the ancient teachings that began before history as we know it. They were known as the Essenes, Nazarenes, and Ebionites. The Roman and Jewish scholars referred to the Essenes as a race by themselves. and their traditions are found in ancient writings such as the Sumerian glyphs, dating to 4000 B.C. Elements of nearly every major world belief system existing today may be traced back to this major world belief system existing today by the lineage of wisdom, including those of China, Tibet, Egypt, India, Palestine, Greece, and the American Southwest, also, the Freemasons, Gnostic's, Christians, and Kabalist. They were known as the "Elect, and the Chosen Ones."

The Vatican manuscripts, held for ever 1,500 years, were key in the documents or the scrolls found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Both in Nag Hammadi and Qumran...It was confirmed that the scriptures in the Holy Bible were infact edited from the original scrolls. whole books such as Isaiah held many different views that were edited out of the cannon. Teachings such as vegetarian, reincarnation, Father in Heaven and Mother Earth, we are all connected to each other and to all living things, For the spirit of the Son of Man was created from the spirit of the Heavenly Father, and his body from the body of the Earthy Mother. Our Heavenly Father is the masculine and the Mother Earth is our Feminine and we are composed of both.

Taken from the Book, The Isaiah Effect..by Gregg Braden

Thought you might want to discuss this.

I believe I heard something about Jesus mentioning reincarnation which was indeed edited out of the Bible.

I'm inclined to believe it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I believe I heard something about Jesus mentioning reincarnation which was indeed edited out of the Bible.

I'm inclined to believe it.

What is the difference between reincarnation and rebirth? I think the difference is only in the minds of those who do not like reincarnation.

Deja~vu
I had saved on my old PC a link where it talked about the "missing years" of Jesus and that he traveled to India where he learned and then later taught about reincarnation. I wish I could remember the site.

I believe it was after he was 12 years old and for many years. There are ancient writings mentioning his presence there and what he was doing.

Symmetric Chaos
What is the difference between reincarnation and rebirth? I think the difference is only in the minds of those who do not like reincarnation.

Rebirth connotes the same body.
Reincarnation connotes a new one.

Deja~vu
After a little searching, I believe this is the site. Very interesting stuff and documents in there.

http://www.tombofjesus.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=61

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Rebirth connotes the same body.
Reincarnation connotes a new one.

What is the origin of the distinction?

Symmetric Chaos
What is the origin of the distinction?

Common usage, just like all words.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Common usage, just like all words.

All words have their origins. The distention that you are making my not have existed 2000 years , and many languages ago.

TacDavey

Actually, it's not. It would only be valid if my point had been that alien's belief systems determine the validity of our own. Which was not my point at all.

My point was that if a separate race that we had never encountered, and did not share our history, had come to know/believe in a higher power that somehow fit right along with our own, that would add credibility to the idea that there was, in fact, a higher power. It's like getting a description of how a person looks from two different groups of people who have never met each other. If they both describe him the same way, it adds credibility to the idea that that is, in fact, how he looks.

If they were atheists, it wouldn't be that same. That would be like asking two groups of people who have never met about a guy and having them both answer they've never met him. It wouldn't mean anything.

Also, sorry for the late reply. Been absent from KMC for a while.

Shakyamunison
Actually, it's not. It would only be valid if my point had been that alien's belief systems determine the validity of our own. Which was not my point at all.

My point was that if a separate race that we had never encountered, and did not share our history, had come to know/believe in a higher power that somehow fit right along with our own, that would add credibility to the idea that there was, in fact, a higher power. It's like getting a description of how a person looks from two different groups of people who have never met each other. If they both describe him the same way, it adds credibility to the idea that that is, in fact, how he looks.

If they were atheists, it wouldn't be that same. That would be like asking two groups of people who have never met about a guy and having them both answer they've never met him. It wouldn't mean anything.

Also, sorry for the late reply. Been absent from KMC for a while.

I disagree. If there was an alien race that were theists, it would only say theism is linked to intelligence (I am assuming they are intelligent). The only way that this would prove one god over another is to find alien race after alien race that all believed in the same god as we do (pick one, there are many gods to pick from).

dadudemon
I disagree. If there was an alien race that were theists, it would only say theism is linked to intelligence (I am assuming they are intelligent). The only way that this would prove one god over another is to find alien race after alien race that all believed in the same god as we do (pick one, there are many gods to pick from).

Well, even then, it could be random coincidence.

But, yes, I would tend to agree that if God is the God of "yo, I Love you. I want you to love me back" we would see a very similar religious belief system out there in all sentient alien races.

We can narrow it down: be good to yourselves and each other, there is an afterlife based on your goodness, there is a God and/or Gods that care about you and your existence. That captures 99% of the religions. no expression

I think we would be highly likely to find that in another sentient species. That still does not prove God exists. But, as my agnostic homie stated, if we found aliens (or they found us) that were basically...Mormons (as an example), that would go a long way to proving some sort of guiding Divine source in the cosmos. I'm sure that would convince quiet a few agnostics if we ran into some Aliens that thought we all could become Gods and did baptisms for the dead. no expression

no expression

no expression

Just in case, take another one: -----> no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, even then, it could be random coincidence.

But, yes, I would tend to agree that if God is the God of "yo, I Love you. I want you to love me back" we would see a very similar religious belief system out there in all sentient alien races.

We can narrow it down: be good to yourselves and each other, there is an afterlife based on your goodness, there is a God and/or Gods that care about you and your existence. That captures 99% of the religions. no expression

I think we would be highly likely to find that in another sentient species. That still does not prove God exists. But, as my agnostic homie stated, if we found aliens (or they found us) that were basically...Mormons (as an example), that would go a long way to proving some sort of guiding Divine source in the cosmos. I'm sure that would convince quiet a few agnostics if we ran into some Aliens that thought we all could become Gods and did baptisms for the dead. no expression

no expression

no expression

Just in case, take another one: -----> no expression

Like that would happen.
no expression Back at you.

TacDavey

Sure, if you found an alien race that believed in a random higher power it may not mean much. I mean a separate alien race that believes in a God that was similar to ours. If you have two groups of people who have never, at any point, had any kind of interaction, and they both come up with the same description and belief system it adds credibility to the idea that said belief system is rooted, at least to some degree, in reality.

socool8520
Sure, if you found an alien race that believed in a random higher power it may not mean much. I mean a separate alien race that believes in a God that was similar to ours. If you have two groups of people who have never, at any point, had any kind of interaction, and they both come up with the same description and belief system it adds credibility to the idea that said belief system is rooted, at least to some degree, in reality.

Not any more credit than two religions on this planet being similar. I would think it would be more of a similar thought pattern among intelligent species. I honestly think if there is intelligent life elsewhere, they will have similar religions to ours. They would be looking for answers early without any scientific knowledge, and would probably resort to supernatural means the same as we did. Then, with scientific advancements, there would be a rise in non-believers just like here. I really couldn't imagine it happening any other way, no matter how many life forms spring up.

TacDavey
Not any more credit than two religions on this planet being similar. I would think it would be more of a similar thought pattern among intelligent species. I honestly think if there is intelligent life elsewhere, they will have similar religions to ours. They would be looking for answers early without any scientific knowledge, and would probably resort to supernatural means the same as we did. Then, with scientific advancements, there would be a rise in non-believers just like here. I really couldn't imagine it happening any other way, no matter how many life forms spring up.

It's not the same as two religions on the planet being similar. Two similar religions on our planet can come about by a shared history between the two or interactions between those who hold the religion. This is not possible when you are talking about two races who have never, at any point, interacted with each other, or shared any sort of history together.

socool8520
It's not the same as two religions on the planet being similar. Two similar religions on our planet can come about by a shared history between the two or interactions between those who hold the religion. This is not possible when you are talking about two races who have never, at any point, interacted with each other, or shared any sort of history together.

You can take two religions from two opposite sides of the globe, that have never met each other or heard of one another's religion, and you would still find similarities. I believe it would be the same if it were two different species of intelligent life.

TacDavey
You can take two religions from two opposite sides of the globe, that have never met each other or heard of one another's religion, and you would still find similarities. I believe it would be the same if it were two different species of intelligent life.

It still isn't the same. Even religions from two opposite sides of the globe can still share a connection from the past.

If you want to make the claim that two sets of people who have never met, and share no similarities, will not only both become theistic (I have no doubt of this), but will come to similar conclusions concerning their religion, you will have to back that up in some way. Especially considering we live right now in a world in which almost everyone is connected to each other and we have MANY different religions and beliefs.

Shakyamunison

It would take more then two, and there are other possibilities. It could be a symptom of how intelligence develops in the universe.

TacDavey
It would take more then two, and there are other possibilities. It could be a symptom of how intelligence develops in the universe.

I don't know what you mean by a "symptom of how intelligence develops in the universe".

As I said, I can understand theistic ideals being present in two separate races that never met each other. But to have those theistic beliefs made around the same/similar God is another matter. When you get that specific, it starts becoming less and less probable that the belief was simply a product of evolution or the development of intelligence. Especially considering we, here on earth, have varied degrees of religious and spiritual beliefs regardless of sharing a widely connected way of life.

zoom3
Originally posted by alltoomany
that's not nice

Well, it does sound crazy.

Shakyamunison
I don't know what you mean by a "symptom of how intelligence develops in the universe".

As I said, I can understand theistic ideals being present in two separate races that never met each other. But to have those theistic beliefs made around the same/similar God is another matter. When you get that specific, it starts becoming less and less probable that the belief was simply a product of evolution or the development of intelligence. Especially considering we, here on earth, have varied degrees of religious and spiritual beliefs regardless of sharing a widely connected way of life.

You would have to see how many other ways this alien race and we were alike.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.