Iron Man vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Scenario One: Pure hand to hand, no other powers (including flight)

Scenario Two: Iron Man can fly

who wins?

JakeTheBank
Iron Man's far faster and his blows can stagger people like Sentry, so I'm going with Shellhead.

Question, though. Can Iron Man use the suit to allocate all power toward melee purposes? Reinforcing his defenses, boosting strength levels, etc?

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Yes.

Iron Man in both.

the ninjak
Tony's way too fast for Piotr to touch him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Yes.

Iron Man in both.

thumb up

The Nuul
Stark.

Don Corleone
Nuul, you edited! Bad poster!

the ninjak
Tony's amped so much in the last 4 months.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Nuul, you edited! Bad poster!

dur313

I should be good. Dont want to get a warning... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eternal Idol
Punch for punch, I'd bet on Colossus to win.

Since Iron Man is allowed to fly in the second scenario, I could see the fight going either way. I haven't kept up with my reading for a while, so I'm not aware of any upgrades Tony made to the Iron Man armor.

Sin I AM
mmmmmmmm.............colossus, tonys h2h capabilites never imressed me

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
mmmmmmmm.............colossus, tonys h2h capabilites never imressed me

He one-shotted the Hulk no expression

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He one-shotted the Hulk no expression

context? anywho in prolonged battles without the use of his array of abilities his power reserves will delete waayyyyy before piotr gets k.o.ed...he's just too durable for tony imo

thanos-prime
context? anywho in prolonged battles without the use of his array of abilities his power reserves will delete waayyyyy before piotr gets k.o.ed...he's just too durable for tony imo Tony's new suit is supposed to have an unlimited supply of energy he descibed it as having a star in his chest.

inimalist
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Tony's new suit is supposed to have an unlimited supply of energy he descibed it as having a star in his chest.

hyperbole

Robin Dc
#1 Not sure can go either way #2 Ironman

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
dur313

I should be good. Dont want to get a warning... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Warned anyway.

Because I can.

The Nuul
ha-son

Dammit Face, I blame you.

Colossus-Big C
colossus has beat tony every time they ever fought in comics

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
colossus has beat tony every time they ever fought in comics That's because every time he fights another hero in comics he suddenly forgets he has more than just flight and strength.

DarkOdin
colossus has beat tony every time they ever fought in comics 1. i don't think i remember them fighting any time
2. They never fought while Toiny is in this armour
3. Tony had an decent little battle with Thor in ironman/Thor. Colossus has little to no chance against this newer armour

ankur29
imo i doubt colossus is even stronger than current IM

1) split
2) IM

thanos-prime
Im wins
Stronger, faster and smarter

Bentley
Some scans about Colossus beating IM would be fine. Given that Namor thrashed Extremis I can see Piotr winning.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When has Colossus ever trashed Iron Man? I don't think I've even read one of their encounters before. Namor is noticeably stronger than Colossus by the way.

Stark wins this. Even back in the day, he could channel his energy into strength alone, allowing him to bat noticeably higher than his tier. Currently with his improved armor and energy reserves, I think if his going pure strength, there's a fair chance he'll Colossus out. His done more impressive things than that.

A lot of people -and writers- forget the strength upgrade he got from Extremis as well.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Colossus tossin She-Hulk aside. Ironman saved her from a beatin.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/uncannyxmenannual07page152yo.jpg

After Iron Man shot him in the back Colossus grabbed him out of the air and slammed him to the ground.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/uncannyxmenannual07page182ma.jpg

inimalist
both links are broken

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by inimalist
both links are broken

That's how he rolls.

Are you still working on MT thread? smile

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by snoopdogg

Infinity War #2 Colossus restrains Iron Man with a full-Nelson.(Note Iron Man was possesed by some Alien jack@ss but still IM none the less) I am kinda surprised IM couldn't break the hold.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/ColossusandIMIW2.jpg

Colossus-Big C
wtf is wrong with photobucket?

Colossus-Big C
colossus can withstand iron mans blast

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6536435

StiltmanFTW
wtf is wrong with photobucket?

Nothing wrong with it. Snoop simply deleted these scans, IIRC.

The Nuul
lol

inimalist
Are you still working on MT thread? smile

"working", yes.

I'd like to get it done, RL is a *****, and the next 2 TB issues are MT centric, so it would be nice to incorporate them (some indication of how bad MT burnt Hyperion would be nice too).

lol, to not ramble, ya, maybe in the next couple of weeks I can pull something off?

StiltmanFTW

So can Hulk and he still got one-shotted when Tony went "maximum overdrive" on him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
None of those scans work. And I doubt any scan exists that fit the descriptions you gave.

The only one that does (The one with Sasquatch) hardly proves anything. And IIRC, that was an evil clone from Infinity War. Besides, withstanding a repulsor blast should be within Colossus' capabilities.

Colossus-Big C
So can Hulk and he still got one-shotted when Tony went "maximum overdrive" on him. theres actually an issue where iron cause a large crater in ground and colossus was still up

Colossus-Big C
None of those scans work. And I doubt any scan exists that fit the descriptions you gave.

The only one that does (The one with Sasquatch) hardly proves anything. And IIRC, that was an evil clone from Infinity War. Besides, withstanding a repulsor blast should be within Colossus' capabilities. I didnt give those descriptions no expression

its a direct quote.

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression I know that. I'm referring to this:
colossus has beat tony every time they ever fought in comics

Omega Vision
no expression I know that. I'm referring to this:
Maybe Colossus is pulling some kind of rope-a-dope debating style where he gets savaged and hopes to outlast you and crush you in the end. dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
It might work. I get bored easily nowadays. Throw enough silliness at me, and I'll just stop.

Omega Vision
shockish

Rage.Of.Olympus
I only go out of my way for an extended run with Quan. His "special" (In the short bus kind of way) and his debating tactic is amusing.

-K-M-

Indeed, "Way to go Sasquatch!"

The only one that does (The one with Sasquatch) hardly proves anything. And IIRC, that was an evil clone from Infinity War. Besides, withstanding a repulsor blast should be within Colossus' capabilities.

To play Devil's Advocate that clone actually beat the real Iron Man in a one on one fight

JakeTheBank
Iron Man is fast enough to get a nod from Sentry, who said he's always going to be a few seconds behind him ultimately. A few seconds slower than Sentry is nothing to sneer at.

Tony with his current armor is going to take this. Pre-Extremis Iron Man could likely as well.

Digi
hyperbole

lol

Anyway, if Tony has indeed retained his Extremis upgrades, he wins every time in either scenario. Far faster reactions, better high end feats.

inimalist
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/sneer.gif

Sin I AM
god i hate hyperboles............star in his chest really, i mean come on

inimalist
its actually an electromagnet

he has one put in .... the rescue chick, and they repel eachother

Digi
I dunno, the Uni-beam has some good feats. Even a small upgrade to that is nothing to be scoffed at. Small sun, obviously not. Formidable weapon, likely. If you focus on what IM can do instead of caring about that one non-feat, even with the match stips here, he wins pretty clearly.

And I'm trying to relent from allegory over in's recent tourney match here, but clearly failing quite hard.

dgrin

Starscream M
is current IM even more powerful than extremis?

Sin I AM
its actually an electromagnet

he has one put in .... the rescue chick, and they repel eachother

ghey

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
is current IM even more powerful than extremis?

Yes.

According to Tony, Bleeding Edge is the next step to Extremis.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by The Nuul
ha-son

Dammit Face, I blame you.

I'm sowy sad

inimalist
Originally posted by Digi
I dunno, the Uni-beam has some good feats. Even a small upgrade to that is nothing to be scoffed at. Small sun, obviously not. Formidable weapon, likely. If you focus on what IM can do instead of caring about that one non-feat, even with the match stips here, he wins pretty clearly.

And I'm trying to relent from allegory over in's recent tourney match here, but clearly failing quite hard.

dgrin

lol, no, it was too hard for me to resist commenting on that just because of the tourney

I'm not saying anything about IM, just that its not a sun

Mindset
What are you, a sun expert!? sneer

inimalist
whats it to you? you know about suns?

Mindset
I have a PhD in suns.

inimalist
from my solar institution

Mindset
Pfft, you're just a figurehead.

-K-M-
Awwww lucky I only have an undergraduate in the moon sad

Sin I AM
so where does this upgrade put him? low herald? i mean if i had a effin miniature sun/ small star in my chest id be low-herald...im really startin to hate ugrades that marvel seems to be dishin out

JakeTheBank
Iron Man's always ranged wildly in tiers, imo. He generally can hang with a legit herald for a moment or longer if he's prepared for them. And Iron Man was depowered before then, too; he's been on the run with crappy tech ever since Secret Invasion and has gotten progressively worse. I don't think he's significantly far greater than Extremis at this point, but I do think it feels more like natural progession.

I mean, Tony's entire character is based around upgrading himself or his armors.

inimalist
Originally posted by Mindset
Pfft, you're just a figurehead.

whose signature is that on your diploma?

Mindset
My mom's!

Omega Vision
so where does this upgrade put him? low herald? i mean if i had a effin miniature sun/ small star in my chest id be low-herald...im really startin to hate ugrades that marvel seems to be dishin out Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Iron Man's always ranged wildly in tiers, imo. He generally can hang with a legit herald for a moment or longer if he's prepared for them. And Iron Man was depowered before then, too; he's been on the run with crappy tech ever since Secret Invasion and has gotten progressively worse. I don't think he's significantly far greater than Extremis at this point, but I do think it feels more like natural progession.

I mean, Tony's entire character is based around upgrading himself or his armors.
I think (using the tiers established in the Mix Genre thread) Current IM would be Elite Meta personally. Like there are times when Iron Man is to the Meta tier what Silver Surfer is to Herald or Batman is to Street.

Sin I AM
i dont see bats as the cream of the crop, i prefer cap...but then again one and the same

iceman24567
i dont see bats as the cream of the crop, i prefer cap...but then again one and the same huh
Tony should win then again hes the dumbest smart person in comics erm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iceman24567
huh
Tony should win then again hes the dumbest smart person in comics erm

meh ive hated tony since the Civil War...he's such a douche, and the whole downloaded memory thing is kinda lame to me, hopefully they dont make him complete cyborg like the did rhodes

iceman24567
meh ive hated tony since the Civil War...he's such a douche, and the whole downloaded memory thing is kinda lame to me, hopefully they dont make him complete cyborg like the did rhodes I liked when I was a child once I realized how much of ass he was I treated him like I treat Spiderman they should be brohams eek!

Omega Vision
i dont see bats as the cream of the crop, i prefer cap...but then again one and the same
Batman's gear is more versatile than Cap's, and that combined with his prep skills makes him more impressive than Cap in my eyes.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman's gear is more versatile than Cap's, and that combined with his prep skills makes him more impressive than Cap in my eyes.

i dont factor in the shield and gear when calculating overall effectiveness with these two streets........i try to strip them down to bare parts

iceman24567
i dont factor in the shield and gear when calculating overall effectiveness with these two streets........i try to strip them down to bare parts ahhh you kinky little vixen

psycho gundam
mmm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
mmm

ahhh you kinky little vixen

smokin' ............u boys are incorrigible

iceman24567
smokin' ............u boys are incorrigible And you love it devil

Dum Dum Dugan
So Iron Man wins?

JakeTheBank
Yes.

I really don't see how Colossus can beat Iron Man pre-Extremis for a majority, let alone Bleeding Edge.

StiltmanFTW
theres actually an issue where iron cause a large crater in ground and colossus was still up

If you're talking about To Serve and Protect mini, then we have yet another Omega lv fail from you.

Sin I AM
If you're talking about To Serve and Protect mini, then we have yet another Omega lv fail from you.

he is, and iron man totally disresected him "if i needded muscle big guy i'd get the hulk" paraphrasing ..but u get the gist

Mindset
I liked when I was a child once I realized how much of ass he was I treated him like I treat Spiderman they should be brohams eek! Tony and Peter > Bobby.

Sin I AM
bobby and johnny shouldd realize their potential and team up

Mindset
Pretty sure they have before.

It might have been ultimate universe.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty sure they have before.

It might have been ultimate universe.

if they did it wasnt anything noteworthy....and ultimates suck ass

Colossus-Big C
So can Hulk and he still got one-shotted when Tony went "maximum overdrive" on him. didnt work on colossus though

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1594910-x_men_p_s02_025.jpg

juggernaut74
What does that prove? And where is the rest?

Colossus-Big C
^ he can tank a overdrive blast

juggernaut74
^ he can tank a overdrive blast Is there anymore to that fight or whatever was going on? I need more data before I can accept it.

jrodslam
if they did it wasnt anything noteworthy....and ultimates suck ass

They did. In a old Marvel Team-Up issue.

Omega Vision
bobby and johnny shouldd realize their potential and team up
Basically a male version of Fire and Ice from DC Comics.

chomperx9
didnt work on colossus though

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1594910-x_men_p_s02_025.jpg why did a kryptonite meteor land down on marvel earth ?

SamZED
That's Hulk's ass. Not a meteor.

the ninjak
Piotr couldn't possibly touch Tony.

Tony could catch Colossus in a force field and dump him anywhere.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by the ninjak
Piotr couldn't possibly touch Tony.

Tony could catch Colossus in a force field and dump him anywhere.
This is strictly h/h

juggernaut74
H2H is alot closer.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is strictly h/h

If Extremis armor rendered Cap unable to touch Tony.

Then Bleeding Edge sure as hell ain't allowing Piotr to touch him.

Tony can zip around C pummeling his head at blistering speeds.
With strength that can lift buildings and ships.

I can't see Tony punching Piotr out though. The fight can go for days with Tony only relying on sheer punches.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is there anymore to that fight or whatever was going on? I need more data before I can accept it.

From what I remember those two did not fight in that issue.

FanBoy101
^Yes.

Iron Man in both. how is he winning in the first? colosuss cant tired... confused

StiltmanFTW

You ****ing idiot. Stop spamming threads with oversize images, learn how to use thumbnails.

Tony didn't blast Colossus in that scan or anything, FYI. Your post was completely irrelevant and annoying, as always.

Tha C-Master
Everyone is so mean to Big C, poor guy doesn't mean any harm. sad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Everyone is so mean to Big C, poor guy doesn't mean any harm. sad

You're right. I usually restrain from insulting him, but sometimes he crosses the line.

Warrior18
You ****ing idiot. Stop spamming threads with oversize images, learn how to use thumbnails.

laughing out loud

SuperiorTech
You're right. I usually restrain from insulting him, but sometimes he crosses the line.

From what I can tell he either doesn't know any better and just does not care so why bother.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Warrior18
laughing out loud

Welcome back, Warrior.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
From what I can tell he either doesn't know any better and just does not care so why bother.

True...

Warrior18
Welcome back, Warrior.

Why thankyou my good man.

Anyways Tony for zeh win.

FanBoy101
sometimes he crosses the line. as you have...I just Reported you... smile

StiltmanFTW

Anyways Tony for zeh win.

You've always been a great poster, we missed you here.

Agreed.

Originally posted by FanBoy101
as you have...I just Reported you... smile

You're joking, right? stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
You're right. I usually restrain from insulting him, but sometimes he crosses the line. I've actually never seen you insult anyone, you usually post one liners.

King Castle

Anyways Tony for zeh win. i missed u too. but, you're only here so you dont miss any Sin I am pics

Spire
IM.

Metalmanx
Namor is noticeably stronger than Colossus by the way.

erm

Colossus-Big C

Tony didn't blast Colossus in that scan or anything, FYI. Your post was completely irrelevant and annoying, as always. You ****ing newb, stop trolling.

psycho gundam
i mean if i had a effin miniature sun/ small star in my chest id be low-herald you don't need implants sweetheart

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Metalmanx
erm

What? It's the truth.

Dum Dum Dugan
What? It's the truth.
based off feats this very well could be the case.

Though I personally believe there in the same strength class.

StiltmanFTW
You ****ing newb, stop trolling.

Look who's talking. Here's the whole scene:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7159/xmenps02024.th.jpg http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3455/xmenps02025.th.jpg

That looks like a repulsor ray to you? For the last time, stop talking out of your ass.

Omega Vision
So this thread is basically the handful of Colossus fans vs...the rest of KMC? stick out tongue

juggernaut74
Look who's talking. Here's the whole scene:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7159/xmenps02024.th.jpg http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3455/xmenps02025.th.jpg

That looks like a repulsor ray to you? For the last time, stop talking out of your ass. That needs to go in Colossus' respect thread.Originally posted by Omega Vision
So this thread is basically the handful of Colossus fans vs...the rest of KMC? stick out tongue If this is H2H it's a close fight.

GRIMNIR
Iron Man wins
They matched on strength but Iron Man has so many more powers

the ninjak
Piotr can't touch Tony so it's already a win.

StiltmanFTW
That needs to go in Colossus' respect thread.

No, it doesn't. He did it in one of his 1st appearances.

juggernaut74
No, it doesn't. He did it in one of his 1st appearances. So replicated feats are not really kosher?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If that's enough of a feat to go into the respect thread, then Colossus is less powerful than I figured.

-Pr-
So replicated feats are not really kosher?

Colossus has plenty of "falling from the sky and emerging unscfathed" feats. He doesn't need any more.

Colossus-C, if you keep trolling you're going to get a warning.

juggernaut74
That's like saying Wolverine has plenty of healing feats...and he don't need any more.

-Pr-
That's like saying Wolverine has plenty of healing feats...and he don't need any more.

Not really. Colossus has fallen from higher heights and been fine. That one is a not as good feat as those.

Dum Dum Dugan
I dident even realize that was a feat.............I thought it was a lame preview

carver9
Ironman is winning this but Colossus isn't going down easily.

dmills
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I dident even realize that was a feat.............I thought it was a lame preview lmao laughing out loud That's usually the case with big c.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by dmills
lmao laughing out loud That's usually the case with big c.
true lol

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman is winning this but Colossus isn't going down easily.
I not so sure man. Iron man is way faster, much better reaction time, biult in spider senses (though not 100% sure he still has that), repair system, he might be more then a match for colossus melee. Then you have numerous and powerful range abilities. Not to mention magnetic ray type attacks.

carver9
I not so sure man. Iron man is way faster, much better reaction time, biult in spider senses (though not 100% sure he still has that), repair system, he might be more then a match for colossus melee. Then you have numerous and powerful range abilities. Not to mention magnetic ray type attacks.

Colossus durability has withstood much more than anything that you've named. I agree, Ironman is a beast but I can't picture Colossus going down easily if we look at the character history.

SamZED
I not so sure man. Iron man is way faster, much better reaction time, biult in spider senses (though not 100% sure he still has that), repair system, he might be more then a match for colossus melee. Then you have numerous and powerful range abilities. Not to mention magnetic ray type attacks. When you say spider sense you mean that civil war thing? Or there's been something else? Im asking cause I dont keep up with IM.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not really. Colossus has fallen from higher heights and been fine. That one is a not as good feat as those. colossus has falllen to earth from space/earths upper atmosphere unscathed so yea

juggernaut74
colossus has falllen to earth from space/earths upper atmosphere unscathed so yea Omega Red was knocked out from a fall from that height and he's tougher than Colossus.

StiltmanFTW
Omega Red was knocked out from a fall from that height and he's tougher than Colossus.

Before that, he took Rasputin's blows, Wolverine's stabs and Kurt's repeated teleportation.

Dum Dum Dugan
Omega Red was knocked out from a fall from that height and he's tougher than Colossus.
colossus was also dropped form similar height in the same arc and was knocked out.

Metalmanx
Obviously, if Iron Man can fly then he wins. Clearly.

However, if this goes hand-to-hand, I'm giving it to Colossus.

Dum Dum Dugan

However, if this goes hand-to-hand, I'm giving it to Colossus.
why?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by SamZED
When you say spider sense you mean that civil war thing? Or there's been something else? Im asking cause I dont keep up with IM.
Thats what I was refferring to.

Dum Dum Dugan
Obviously, if Iron Man can fly then he wins. Clearly.

Also flying is the least of Iron Man abilities that grant him the win.

juggernaut74
colossus was also dropped form similar height in the same arc and was knocked out. Really? Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Before that, he took Rasputin's blows, Wolverine's stabs and Kurt's repeated teleportation. So Red was weakened?

juggernaut74
Also flying is the least of Iron Man abilities that grant him the win. Tony is the better fighter though.

Dum Dum Dugan
Really? So Red was weakened?
Yes. It was used as a pot devise through out the arc. I would not put much stock in omega red or colossus being KO that way, If you read the arc, it pretty clear that falling from great hieghts was used as a plot device to further the story. Both colossus, wolverine and omega red were all KO from falling from great hieghts in that story arc.

JakeTheBank
Even without flight, Iron Man is incredibly fast.

He gets the majority regardless.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Even without flight, Iron Man is incredibly fast.

He gets the majority regardless. colossus is stronger and more durable, isn't he?

Dum Dum Dugan
Tony is the better fighter though.
I agree more or less, most certainly with the suit on.

Dum Dum Dugan
colossus is stronger and more durable, isn't he?
debatable to be honest.

StiltmanFTW
So Red was weakened?

Yes, he was. He wasn't used to Kurt's teleportation and the torture and the fight took a tool on him.

JakeTheBank
colossus is stronger and more durable, isn't he?

Like Dum Dum said, extremely debatable.

Not to mention, Iron Man can re-allocate his armor's power for melee purposes, and considering that's what he's limited to, he can boost physical strength and shields.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>