"God" Cable vs Genis Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins?

Gecko4lif
Vell in the coolest fight in a while

Uriel005
Someone takes this 5-7/10 one way or the other. At their peak levels I'd go with Genis however at standard showings for God Cable and Genis I'd favor Cable as he's a bit more powerful IMO at standard levels.

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
Someone takes this 5-7/10 one way or the other. At their peak levels I'd go with Genis however at standard showings for God Cable and Genis I'd favor Cable as he's a bit more powerful IMO at standard levels. If by standards levels you mean Genis as he was portrayed 10+ years ago, maybe.

Otherwise, Genis > Cable.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mindset
If by standards levels you mean Genis as he was portrayed 10+ years ago, maybe.

Otherwise, Genis > Cable. sounds about right I'd consider that more "standard" for him than recent years.

Mindset
How is his standard levels at levels that were over a decade ago?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mindset
How is his standard levels at levels that were over a decade ago? Just a personal opinion that writers went a little crazy with him like they're doing to the hulk IMO not as bad by anymeans but I just think it's a bit much.

Mindset
Making him high herald or trans is going crazy?

Are you aware of his powerset?

Mindset
What I'm trying to say is, I'm gonna punch your face off.

King Kandy
God Cable lost to SS... so he definitely can't face Genis.

Galan007
^ to be fair, cable (and surfer) were simultaneously rebuilding the city at the molecular level as they were destroying it... so he WAS expending quite a bit of power there. however, surfer was expending the same amount of power yet was still able to own cable with a single eye-blast once he got pissed.

...and i view genis (photon) as NO less than surfer's equal... arguably a bit higher.

Mindset
Well, Cable's power usage eventually burns because of his body limitations, SS doesn't have this same problem. Cable was also about to burn out from constant use before his fight with SS, the fight just sped up the process.

Galan007
^ thumb up

Bouboumaster
It's almost a split.

And by that, I mean that Genis-Vell completly and utterly crush Cable, just as bad as Silver Surfer did.

inimalist
Originally posted by Galan007
^ to be fair, cable (and surfer) were simultaneously rebuilding the city at the molecular level as they were destroying it... so he WAS expending quite a bit of power there. however, surfer was expending the same amount of power yet was still able to own cable with a single eye-blast once he got pissed.

I think the lecture Surfer gives Cable when he turns off his X gene sort of implies that Cable was nowhere near his level

Mindset
Didn't SS talk down to HE recently?

Galan007
not really. but this:
http://img40.imageshack.us/i/silversurfer01of5201102.jpg/

makes it sound like HE didn't want to face surfer one on one.

Mindset
Is that the same comic where HE took away his powers?

Galan007
yep.

"Id"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.