How Durable is Thor? Thor runs punishment Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor gets to fully heal between each round. In each case he stands there and takes the punishment. How far can he get:

a) Before being KO'ed?

b) before being Killed?

--------------------------------------

1. Full powered optic blast from Cyclops

2. Full powered eye beam from Gladiator (lasting 20 seconds)

3. 20 punches from WWH

4. Helicarrier crashing into him at same speed it hit the Void

5. Full powered combined eye beam from Mr. Majestic and Superman

6. Black Bolt's scream

7. Infinite Mass Punch from the Flash

8. 20 full powered punches from SBP

9. Full powered energy blast from all Guardians (just like SBP took in the Sinestro War)

10. Guardian sacrificing himself to destroy him (just like they tried against SBP in Sinestro War)

dmills
He's done at 5.

Gecko4lif
Dies at 8-9

CosmicComet
IMPs are annoying in how they are handled.

They should be end-game. Yet somehow...at times...infinite is not good enough...

PIS gonna PIS.

The Nuul
Rage's Thor clears it.

Prep-Man

PillarofOsiris
He clears 3 with ease. I think 6 KO's him, and so does 7, but I don't think either one can kill him. I think he gets killed by 8.

The Nuul

McNasty996
I believe that he goes down at number three.

Nihilist
Ko @ 3

Dies at 8

Colossus-Big C
definite KO at 3

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Prep-Man
3. Dies at 3

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by FanBoy101
Dies at 3

LOL. Worldbreaker Hulk, who apparently was more powerful than WWH, was shaking the eastern seaboard of a single continent. Thor has been beaten unconscious, and THEN taken a planet-busting attack, and survived.

I saw nothing to indicate that WWH could break the entire planet with 20 punches.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
LOL. Worldbreaker Hulk, who apparently was more powerful than WWH, was shaking the eastern seaboard of a single continent. Thor has been beaten unconscious, and THEN taken a planet-busting attack, and survived.

I saw nothing to indicate that WWH could break the entire planet with 20 punches. lol , wwh broke a planet twice the size of earth with a single punch

"Worldbreaker hulk" was strong enough to break the planet just by accident. literally

JakeTheBank
Based on his high end feats, it's possible that Thor gets very far here in all honesty.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Based on his high end feats, it's possible that Thor gets very far here in all honesty. based on high end feats, thor is skyfather level

the guy tanked a blast that could destroy the universe
smash celestial armor
redirect a skyfathers blast back at him etc

Bentley
The infinite mass punch is waaaaay too high in that list.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
lol , wwh broke a planet twice the size of earth with a single punch

"Worldbreaker hulk" was strong enough to break the planet just by accident. literally

Haha....When did "wwh" do that? You mean Grey hulk smashed an "asteroid" (which aren't planets, and actually just giant rocks, as they aren't made up the same way as planets) WITH HELP. The entire incident is poor writing anyway, considering how weak Grey Hulk was usually portrayed.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Bentley
The infinite mass punch is waaaaay too high in that list. infinite Mass FTW... Happy Dance

Starscream M
3) KOs him for sure.

6) Kills him for sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A high end portrayal for Thor or an average Thor? If it's a high end portrayal, an argument for clearing can be made. If it's an average Thor? It depends. I think 6 and 8 have the best chances of knocking him out. Everything else I think he tanks with how damaged/hurt he ends up being varying from standing unharmed to on his knees etc.

The blast that Prime took (9) didn't look impressive at all. I'm guessing 10 either kills Thor on average or has him reappear somewhere else in the Multiverse.

Black bolt z
Dies at 4 and above.

Knowsbleed33
He out at 3, hard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Dies at 4 and above.

Seriously?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Seriously? Seriously.

Wait is 7 a single infinite mass punch? Thor can take that without being KO'd. The rest he dies.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Now you're just trolling.

kakuzu
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thor gets to fully heal between each round. In each case he stands there and takes the punishment. How far can he get:

a) Before being KO'ed?

b) before being Killed?

3. 20 punches from WWH

6. Black Bolt's scream

9. Full powered energy blast from all Guardians (just like SBP took in the Sinestro War)

10. Guardian sacrificing himself to destroy him (just like they tried against SBP in Sinestro War)

1.Takes it while having sex.
2.Takes it but not feeling so hot.
3.If its classic he takes it with ease considering he got pounded on by Mangog for and entire minute.
4.Is that a joke?
5.He takes it, been in the core of the sun 27,000,000 degress for several minutes like he was in a pool, and he's been in the same furnace that made his own hammer he can take it.
6.He can take it wont feel to pretty after
7.Lol he broke his hand on Superman me thinks he will do the same again on Thor.
8.Agan Mangog, clones from ego the living planet, 300,000ft space god, and celestials, he can take it.
9.If SBP could take it why can't he? It will knock him out of course but he can take it I assume
10. Same as 9

Black bolt z
^Now you're just trolling. How?

kakuzu
^Now you're just trolling.

Your a superman fanboy or did you forget Superman took that an flash broke his hand? Thor has taken hits from Celestials lol, and Surtur you think a mass punch is going to take him out?

Rage.Of.Olympus
How?

The rest kills him? You're either an idiot, a troll, or just plain ignorant.

zopzop
You people realize he took multiple blasts from Celestials who just got through slagging the Odin + all Asgard powered Destroyer right?

If he survived that, nothing on this list is gonna kill him.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by kakuzu
Your a superman fanboy or did you forget Superman took that an flash broke his hand? Thor has taken hits from Celestials lol, and Surtur you think a mass punch is going to take him out? I don't even like superman that much...Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The rest kills him? You're either an idiot, a troll, or just plain ignorant. Yes. yes they do.Originally posted by zopzop
You people realize he took multiple blasts from Celestials who just got through slagging the Odin + all Asgard powered Destroyer right?

If he survived that, nothing on this list is gonna kill him. Very High end showings much?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes. yes they do.

So....idiot, troll or ignorant? Which category are you part of?

Perhaps all 3?

keiththegreat

9.If SBP could take it why can't he? It will knock him out of course but he can take it I assume

Because SBP is a HELL OF A LOT more durable than Thor. I don't think anyone in their right mind who knows both characters would argue against that.

kakuzu
Originally posted by zopzop

Thats what I'm saying he's gone up against some of the most dangerous people in Marvel and there putting hits up there like Hulk could probably survive lol.

keiththegreat
The U-Foes KO'ed Thor. I'm not saying that there weren't some heavy-hitters there, because there were, but the U-Foes aren't even close to as powerful as the Guardians.

kakuzu
Because SBP is a HELL OF A LOT more durable than Thor. I don't think anyone in their right mind who knows both characters would argue against that.

Yeah you can argue against that ifyou ahppent o read SBP short run and you read classic Thor vl!!!!! and v2!!! Seriously Thors durability is crazy he survived a bomb that could have destroyed a planet face to face, and he stood next to a bomb and survived a bomb capable of destroying a galaxy show me SBP doing something like that? Or hot Martian manhunter easily knocked him back lol. How he is scared of the dark and flashes.

kakuzu
The U-Foes KO'ed Thor. I'm not saying that there weren't some heavy-hitters there, because there were, but the U-Foes aren't even close to as powerful as the Guardians.

Wrong reread tehe comic, Thor beat the ufoes with in like three pages all by himself, and one escaped I believe hell its even in the Thor respect thread lol, dont' confuse Thor with Hulk, Thor pwned the ufoes the first time around, its only in later comics when he was depowered by new writers where norman and the ufoes knocked him out read your comics kid the real comics not that sentry is the greatest threat shyt

zopzop

When was this?

ares834
Dead at 8.

kakuzu
When was this?

Never happen thats the funny thing he nearly killed the ufoes on there first encounter ALL BY HIMSELF. and He took vector at full blast did he? They didn't make it special like Hulks own but it was at full I think

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why isn't the weakest version of Thanos firing a couple blasts on the list... That worked before... stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess stunning Thor for a few seconds is impressive.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It was a joke buddy.

PillarofOsiris
Wrong reread tehe comic, Thor beat the ufoes with in like three pages all by himself, and one escaped I believe hell its even in the Thor respect thread lol, dont' confuse Thor with Hulk, Thor pwned the ufoes the first time around, its only in later comics when he was depowered by new writers where norman and the ufoes knocked him out read your comics kid the real comics not that sentry is the greatest threat shyt

How is he wrong, if you yourself admit that it happened? Even if you think its bad writing, he's clearly not wrong.

And it's pretty much a fact that classic Thor was more durable than Thor has been portrayed recently. He's been getting KO'ed by lightning nowadays, when before it would only refresh him. (3 recent occasions that I can think of). And he's been having trouble with guys who he should be one-shotting.

But even still, while Thor may be my favorite character from Marvel, even at his classic levels he was nowhere near the durability of SBP.

"show me SBP doing something like that?"

Obviously you don't know who SBP even is if you have to ask that question.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
It was a joke buddy.

I know. I was joking too. Thor was pretending. smile

kakuzu
How is he wrong, if you yourself admit that it happened? Even if you think its bad writing, he's clearly not wrong.

And it's pretty much a fact that classic Thor was more durable than Thor has been portrayed recently. He's been getting KO'ed by lightning nowadays, when before it would only refresh him. (3 recent occasions that I can think of). And he's been having trouble with guys who he should be one-shotting.

But even still, while Thor may be my favorite character from Marvel, even at his classic levels he was nowhere near the durability of SBP.

"show me SBP doing something like that?"

Obviously you don't know who SBP even is if you have to ask that question.
Yes he did use to be more durable but isn't any more, well actually invulnerable Hulk is durable. It is bad writing lol, Those guys are foes he would laugh at he would never able to get knocked out by them at all.

His durability tops SBP again if your so sure show me proof cause I've read both and Thor is my favorite superhero he tops him. I do hae to ask cause last time I checked he was jsut really fast and he knocked through that 300 mile wall which was impressive being made by no name gls who aren't very powerful, but not nearly as impressive as taking a blast of a bomb that can destroy a galaxy, 75,000 or 75,000,000 light years long, I think its thousand though not million thats alot of force.

PillarofOsiris
If by really fast you mean speed blitzing multiple Flashes, then yeah, he's fast. But Superboy Prime is both faster, stronger and more durable than Thor.

Black Adam's magically amped punches only tickled Prime. (Black Adam would give Thor a hell of a fight).

For a strength comparison, he moves planets with ease, was able to punch his way out of the Phantom Zone (retconning other hero's pasts while doing so) and many other feats.

Go through this respect thread and tell me if you still think Thor is more durable:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=277790

I don't want to come off like I hate Thor, because I really don't. I actually think its bull that he's been treated like a rag doll by Marvel lately.

kakuzu
If by really fast you mean speed blitzing multiple Flashes, then yeah, he's fast. But Superboy Prime is both faster, stronger and more durable than Thor.

Black Adam's magically amped punches only tickled Prime. (Black Adam would give Thor a hell of a fight).

For a strength comparison, he moves planets with ease, was able to punch his way out of the Phantom Zone (retconning other hero's pasts while doing so) and many other feats.

Go through this respect thread and tell me if you still think Thor is more durable:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=277790

I don't want to come off like I hate Thor, because I really don't. I actually think its bull that he's been treated like a rag doll by Marvel lately.

I do agree Adam would give Thor a run for his money even classic thor, but in terms of faster, stronger and durable I can't agree there. Yeah he is faster but Thor can't fly, the only time he ran he was doing the flash thing moving like lighting they said. For the sake of this thread though I'll stop here and agree yeah they have made Thor some shyt in comics now a days, literally anybody is a match for him including the likes of Wolverine who before he would probably take out iwth a mere slap or something. I have my own photobucket though of more than 600 pics of Pure thor and I know it by heart lol I know him like the back of my hand lol

iceman24567
Koed at 3 dies at 8

PillarofOsiris
Actually, Thor can fly, with or without the hammer, though I doubt at super speeds without it.

celeyhyga17
the order is a bit out of place.

kakuzu
Actually, Thor can fly, with or without the hammer, though I doubt at super speeds without it. Thats what I mean he can easily fly or float but he can't fly

Rage.Of.Olympus
He can fly but he can't.

I think at this point, he'd be more likely to fly than in the past.

kakuzu
He can fly but he can't.

I think at this point, he'd be more likely to fly than in the past. Its more along the lines of just the same,

He's flown in the past more times but he's done it like probably 4 times I think? Now a days he's done it probably about 2 times I think. Before he would fly in like Immortus place with out his hammer, or from asgard to earth, etc.

Black bolt z
So....idiot, troll or ignorant? Which category are you part of?

Perhaps all 3? Or mabye your just a fanboy. Y'know that could be it and thor isn't as awesome as you think.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by iceman24567
Koed at 3 dies at 8

kakuzu
Originally posted by Slaanesh

Impossible, If he couldn't know Sodam out he aint killing Thor
If WWH had trouble with Sentry he definitely isn't taking Thor out lol. Even one is amazed by that foot stomp he did when he'd have to do several more those to actually sink it, not only that Guys like Thor and hercules arm wrestling nearly destroying there planet, Hulk had to get his angriest to sink the eastern seaside. Huge different.

Wisdom of the masses:

KOed by 3, vaporized by 8

Slaanesh
Impossible, If he couldn't know Sodam out he aint killing Thor
If WWH had trouble with Sentry he definitely isn't taking Thor out lol. Even one is amazed by that foot stomp he did when he'd have to do several more those to actually sink it, not only that Guys like Thor and hercules arm wrestling nearly destroying there planet, Hulk had to get his angriest to sink the eastern seaside. Huge different.

Yat > Thor..

WWH is as strong or probably stronger that Thor..i don't see why he can't KO Thor..

kakuzu
Yat > Thor..

WWH is as strong or probably stronger that Thor..i don't see why he can't KO Thor..
Yat is more than Thor? Lol what proof? Last I checked he has no feats to match Thor not even close even at full power.

You don't see why he can't knock out Thor because you probably don't read his comics, thats cool ignorance isn't something to be sad about. The thing is in the what if a weak Thor nearly killed WWH. In the real comick, WWH almost got pwned by Sentry, got hurt by Iron man!! How is he going to be able to knock out Thor who takes hits from Ymir, Destroyer, Surtur.

Slaanesh
Yat is more than Thor? Lol what proof? Last I checked he has no feats to match Thor not even close even at full power.

You don't see why he can't knock out Thor because you probably don't read his comics, thats cool ignorance isn't something to be sad about. The thing is in the what if a weak Thor nearly killed WWH. In the real comick, WWH almost got pwned by Sentry, got hurt by Iron man!! How is he going to be able to knock out Thor who takes hits from Ymir, Destroyer, Surtur.

he match Prime..that's all i need to put him above Thor..if u don't like it..that's your problem..i don't care..

Sentry unleash is > Thor..and WWH getting hurt has nothing to do with what he can dish out..the guy has enough strength to hold a planet together..and that's not even WWH..

kakuzu
he match Prime..that's all i need to put him above Thor..if u don't like it..that's your problem..i don't care..

Sentry unleash is > Thor..and WWH getting hurt has nothing to do with what he can dish out..the guy has enough strength to hold a planet together..and that's not even WWH..

Lol he matched prime? Got his ass beat by prime horrible, thats not match, Thor was able to Hurt Mangog, okay? So is he stronger than every one in the dc universe because he fought him? No put something valid not the only strong person he fought and lost to horribly, he kept begging in his head for him not to kill himl

Sentry unleash is more than Thor? So you admit your stupid?

When Thor unleashed on ego he destroyed the planet
When Thor did that to Hulk he took him out with a lighting bolt
When Thor did this to Surtur he had the power of 1,000 blazing suns enough to destroy a galaxy or Surtur
When he did it to the enchanter his hammer how the power of 1,000,000 SUN!!!!

When did Sentry demonstrate half of any of that I posted? All he did was take down like a city block.

Hulk doesn't have enough strength to hold it together, reread it, He moved a few plates thats it, Thor pulled the Midgard serpent and earth by himself. Seriously read a comic before saying certain things lol

Slaanesh
Lol he matched prime? Got his ass beat by prime horrible, thats not match, Thor was able to Hurt Mangog, okay? So is he stronger than every one in the dc universe because he fought him? No put something valid not the only strong person he fought and lost to horribly, he kept begging in his head for him not to kill himl

Sentry unleash is more than Thor? So you admit your stupid?

When Thor unleashed on ego he destroyed the planet
When Thor did that to Hulk he took him out with a lighting bolt
When Thor did this to Surtur he had the power of 1,000 blazing suns enough to destroy a galaxy or Surtur
When he did it to the enchanter his hammer how the power of 1,000,000 SUN!!!!

When did Sentry demonstrate half of any of that I posted? All he did was take down like a city block.

Hulk doesn't have enough strength to hold it together, reread it, He moved a few plates thats it, Thor pulled the Midgard serpent and earth by himself. Seriously read a comic before saying certain things lol

he got a lead rod pierce through him..u know what lead would do to a daxamite don't u..he was doing fine before that..

u seems to be using only Thor high end feat..should have known better that to argue with a fanboy..u should have just say that Thor can clear this cuz he survive against Celestials.. no expression

lol..u define power by collateral damage..nice..what the hell did u aspect??Sentry destroy earth??everyone knows that's not gonna happen..Bor unleash didn't even destroy a city..and Bor >>> Thor

kakuzu
he got a lead rod pierce through him..u know what lead would do to a daxamite don't u..he was doing fine before that..

u seems to be using only Thor high end feat..should have known better that to argue with a fanboy..u should have just say that Thor can clear this cuz he survive against Celestials.. no expression

lol..u define power by collateral damage..nice..what the hell did u aspect??Sentry destroy earth??everyone knows that's not gonna happen..Bor unleash didn't even destroy a city..and Bor >>> Thor

1.He wasn't doing to hot before the lead lol, If he was he wouldn't have gotten knocked like half a city back into the factory in the first place. If he was that much powerful than Thor he would be like Thor who with out his hammer and lacking his strength was able to take on a suped up Loki and beat him on skill alone but since he is not he got his ass beat.

2. No see You dont know anybody elses feats, Sentry ha no high end feats he is still a very very new character he didn't get any feats put into him, you have to assume how powerful he was. He couldn't' even hold up a hellcarrier, Thor is holding up the Odin sword and throwing it through Celestial armor you see difference in Thors regular feat and Sentrys high end feat? He has none. Not a fanboy by the way your just really freakin stupid because your saying gibberish but not backing it up.

3.Lol thats your excuse? You try to bring in current Thor when I'm clearly talking about classic Thor? That Bor wouldn't stand a chance against classic Thor he was more powerful than current but he was suppose to be more powerful than current. Hell classic Odin could probably beat bor to lol, he did nothing special. If your so sure who your naming is so much more powerful Than Thor can you post proof? I can bet money your not gonna find anything to prove Sentry more powerful than Thor lol

Slaanesh
1.He wasn't doing to hot before the lead lol, If he was he wouldn't have gotten knocked like half a city back into the factory in the first place. If he was that much powerful than Thor he would be like Thor who with out his hammer and lacking his strength was able to take on a suped up Loki and beat him on skill alone but since he is not he got his ass beat.

2. No see You dont know anybody elses feats, Sentry ha no high end feats he is still a very very new character he didn't get any feats put into him, you have to assume how powerful he was. He couldn't' even hold up a hellcarrier, Thor is holding up the Odin sword and throwing it through Celestial armor you see difference in Thors regular feat and Sentrys high end feat? He has none. Not a fanboy by the way your just really freakin stupid because your saying gibberish but not backing it up.

3.Lol thats your excuse? You try to bring in current Thor when I'm clearly talking about classic Thor? That Bor wouldn't stand a chance against classic Thor he was more powerful than current but he was suppose to be more powerful than current. Hell classic Odin could probably beat bor to lol, he did nothing special. If your so sure who your naming is so much more powerful Than Thor can you post proof? I can bet money your not gonna find anything to prove Sentry more powerful than Thor lol

lol..u don't think Sentry can match Thor strength..seriously??Doomsday doesn't have strength feat that put him anywhere close to Supes..but we all know he's as strong as Supes..why..because he can match Supes..same thing can be applied to Sentry..

it was right there in the comic..it says Bor > classic Thor..just because u don't like it doesn't make it not true..the write clearly wanted to establish that Bor > Thor..it doesn't matter that classic Thor feat are > Bor..Bor feat is that he can beat classic Thor..and that's cannon..and what i was really trying to tell u is don't judge someone power by collateral damage cuz that is stupid..i wasn't trying to argue about Bor and Thor.

kakuzu
lol..u don't think Sentry can match Thor strength..seriously??Doomsday doesn't have strength feat that put him anywhere close to Supes..but we all know he's as strong as Supes..why..because he can match Supes..same thing can be applied to Sentry..

it was right there in the comic..it says Bor > classic Thor..just because u don't like it doesn't make it not true..the write clearly wanted to establish that Bor > Thor..it doesn't matter that classic Thor feat are > Bor..Bor feat is that he can beat classic Thor..and that's cannon..and what i was really trying to tell u is don't judge someone power by collateral damage cuz that is stupid..i wasn't trying to argue about Bor and Thor.

yes Seriously, Tell me Sentrys best strength feat and I'll post Thors best strength feat an watch how fast you would shut up because you realize just how stupid you sound. YOu honestly think a guy who couldn't hold up a hellcarreir, a guy who got knocked out by She Hulk can match thor in strength and When Stan lee himself says Thor is Marvels strongest(not most powerful) but Strongest hero? Something is seriously wrong with you.

Okay now your just being stupid. Classic Thor died in Ragnarok retard how is he fighting Bor when he died in Ragnarok and was brought back to life as this piece of crap who every one agrees is very very weak? The difference between classic Thor and current is Current has trouble with Sentry, While classic has never lost to Mephisto even in his own realm.

Current looses to Rulk
Classic Thor beats Kurse who is 3 times Stronger Than Thor himself.

You gotta be a complete idiot to think current and classic are the same. Technically classic dies in vl2 because in 3 he was part human and lost some of his strength which was why he admitted he coudln't take Onslaught out himself. I never said the feats weren't cannon, I just said Bor is weak compared to classic Thor and Odin because what are his feats? Beating a horribly written Thor? Amazing.

About the Doomsday thing he was a plot device he is a villain, villains don't have to have strength feats they get there strength mentioned once they beat the hero, heroes have to get there strength mentioned while they do the feat. Doomsday was a plot device just to kill Superman, drop him in Marvel Thor would solo him with ease within the hour, He would probably laugh at Superman for dieing to such a simple beast lol. Don't use an arch villain for Superman to compare Thor to Sentry who Sentry hasn't shown feats and its a hero, where as Doomsday is a plot device villain so he doesn't have to show feats he isn't meant to be around very long.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Nihilist
Ko @ 3

Slaanesh
yes Seriously, Tell me Sentrys best strength feat and I'll post Thors best strength feat an watch how fast you would shut up because you realize just how stupid you sound. YOu honestly think a guy who couldn't hold up a hellcarreir, a guy who got knocked out by She Hulk can match thor in strength and When Stan lee himself says Thor is Marvels strongest(not most powerful) but Strongest hero? Something is seriously wrong with you.

Okay now your just being stupid. Classic Thor died in Ragnarok retard how is he fighting Bor when he died in Ragnarok and was brought back to life as this piece of crap who every one agrees is very very weak? The difference between classic Thor and current is Current has trouble with Sentry, While classic has never lost to Mephisto even in his own realm.

Current looses to Rulk
Classic Thor beats Kurse who is 3 times Stronger Than Thor himself.

You gotta be a complete idiot to think current and classic are the same. Technically classic dies in vl2 because in 3 he was part human and lost some of his strength which was why he admitted he coudln't take Onslaught out himself. I never said the feats weren't cannon, I just said Bor is weak compared to classic Thor and Odin because what are his feats? Beating a horribly written Thor? Amazing.

About the Doomsday thing he was a plot device he is a villain, villains don't have to have strength feats they get there strength mentioned once they beat the hero, heroes have to get there strength mentioned while they do the feat. Doomsday was a plot device just to kill Superman, drop him in Marvel Thor would solo him with ease within the hour, He would probably laugh at Superman for dieing to such a simple beast lol. Don't use an arch villain for Superman to compare Thor to Sentry who Sentry hasn't shown feats and its a hero, where as Doomsday is a plot device villain so he doesn't have to show feats he isn't meant to be around very long.

ok..let say current one aren't as strong as classic(which i don't agree cuz i think they are still the same)..why the f**k did u bring classic feat in here..everyone here give there opinion base on current Thor..it's in the forum rule..current unless state otherwise..if u wanna keep talking about classic Thor and disregard all of his current showing..make your own damn thread..i only use average showing..i don't use high end feat..cuz most of it are PIS..that goes for every damn heroes..

abhilegend
Bump

carver9
Thor dies at 3.

DickBlazer
20 unanswered shots from wwh. Thats gonna leave a mark. Good chance he's done there. Avx thor for sure is dust

janus77
Thor dies at 3. No chance of surviving 20 punches from WWH arc Hulk.

It took less than 20 punches to take down an unleashed Sentry, while Hulk was holding back. So without going WB, Hulk could still amp much much further.

2-3 WWH arc Hulk punches take down Hercules, ZomStrange was 3 shotted, She-Hulk was one-shotted... Thor would die before WWH arc Hulk had thrown 10 punches, imo.

8swords
dies at 3, if he just stands there, then WWH could just punch his balls,

8swords
Originally posted by janus77
Thor dies at 3. No chance of surviving 20 punches from WWH arc Hulk.

It took less than 20 punches to take down an unleashed Sentry, while Hulk was holding back. So without going WB, Hulk could still amp much much further.

2-3 WWH arc Hulk punches take down Hercules, ZomStrange was 3 shotted, She-Hulk was one-shotted... Thor would die before WWH arc Hulk had thrown 10 punches, imo.

I thought herc was holding back seeing that he thinks hulk is an ally, correct me if I'm wrong

janus77
Originally posted by 8swords
I thought herc was holding back seeing that he thinks hulk is an ally, correct me if I'm wrong
Indeed he was, but I doubt he could (or would) hold back his durability and that's the measure of those punches.

the Darkone
If this is high end Thor, he clears this. People say other wise doesn't know enough of Thor history to even commit.

TheLordofMurder

a) Before being KO'ed?

b) before being Killed?

3. 20 punches from WWH

6. Black Bolt's scream

Even though the feat I am about to mention from Thor is High End to the point of utter, ridiculous, stinking PIS, it is a feat of his...

Thor at his very best showing of durability tanked multiple shots from a Celestial Host, and not only did he survive and wasnt KO'ed, but he actually was fighting back...

Given how the Celestials were portrayed in Thor 300, Thor at that level of durability clears this gauntlet and is still angrily cursing and screaming the entire time...

keiththegreat

lol. Thor would have been one shot KILLED by Prime.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103201/2403646-2_super.png

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Thor dies at 3.
Agree 100% with this.

ODG
lol. Thor would have been one shot KILLED by Prime. Yeah, just like Superboy was.

... oh wait.

kinda

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Even though the feat I am about to mention from Thor is High End to the point of utter, ridiculous, stinking PIS, it is a feat of his...

Thor at his very best showing of durability tanked multiple shots from a Celestial Host, and not only did he survive and wasnt KO'ed, but he actually was fighting back...

Given how the Celestials were portrayed in Thor 300, Thor at that level of durability clears this gauntlet and is still angrily cursing and screaming the entire time...
Fraction's Thor was also pretty high-end. Iirc, he survived being absorbed into the maw of the GodEater and escaped from its digestive system unharmed. Plus, he also survived unscathed within Surtur's fiery essence in which everything was supposed to burn to ashes.

Dampyre
He's KO'd at 3 and killed by 6.

Dampyre

Don't be foolish. If the Celestials wanted Thor dead then any one of them could have done it. Obvously, they set their blasts on stun.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Dampyre
Don't be foolish. If the Celestials wanted Thor dead then any one of them could have done it. Obvously, they set their blasts on stun.

The on-panel text disagrees with you; the Celestials assault on Thor was described as "merciless."

zopzop
The on-panel text disagrees with you; the Celestials assault on Thor was described as "merciless."
That my good friend is what we call PIS/CIS or writer armor. Any attack that slags the 2000ft Destroyer and one shots the Uni-Mind should reduce Thor to subatomic particles.

JakeTheBank
lol @ Prime one shot killing Thor.

If you take Thor's best durability feats, there's an argument to be made suggesting he could clear this.

Robtard
Thor clears all and then goes on to have a snack.

ozz81
Yeah Thor shud clear it...

pym-ftw
5, highter if he can use Mjoinir

abhilegend

If you take Thor's best durability feats, there's an argument to be made suggesting he could clear this.
Really?
How about we take the best feats from the attackers too?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Really?
How about we take the best feats from the attackers too?

Do whatever you like. *shrug*

Prime isn't one shot killing Thor and any argument to the contrary is based on, well, nothing really. At best, such an assumption is completely ignorant of what hasn't killed Thor. And at worst, it's practically trolling.

abhilegend
Do whatever you like. *shrug*

Prime isn't one shot killing Thor and any argument to the contrary is based on, well, nothing really. At best, such an assumption is completely ignorant of what hasn't killed Thor. And at worst, it's practically trolling.
I wasn't questioning you on that. It was directed at thor clearing this.

TheGodKiller

Abhi is right. If you want to consider Thor's best durability feats, then you should also consider the best offensive feats from his opponents in this thread.

Thor could very well clear this, but using high-end feats(some of which border on the ridiculous) alone to prove that he does so is a fool's errand imo.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Abhi is right. If you want to consider Thor's best durability feats, then you should also consider the best offensive feats from his opponents in this thread.

Thor could very well clear this, but using high-end feats(some of which border on the ridiculous) alone to prove that he does so is a fool's errand imo.
If thor is getting his best durability feats, can I bring superman's best HV feats? That wouldn't go well for thor.

Nibedicus

3. Infinite Mass Punch from the Flash

6. 20 punches from WWH

7. Black Bolt's scream

This would be the order I would put it at. In either case, KO at 6, dies at 8.

The Sorrow
If this is Thor taking punches like Herc did in WWH he dies at 3.

JakeTheBank
I wasn't questioning you on that. It was directed at thor clearing this.

Like I said, do what you like.

And like I said previously, if you use Thor's high end feats, you could make an argument for him clearing. Conventionally, will he clear? No, of course not.

If thor is getting his best durability feats, can I bring superman's best HV feats? That wouldn't go well for thor.

If you want to bring in "1/4 big bang" heat vision, be my guest.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
If this is Thor taking punches like Herc did in WWH he dies at 3.

abhilegend
Like I said, do what you like.

And like I said previously, if you use Thor's high end feats, you could make an argument for him clearing. Conventionally, will he clear? No, of course not.

If you want to bring in "1/4 big bang" heat vision, be my guest.
What about the high end feats from the attackers? Are you trying to compare thor's high end feats to other characters' averages?

Not the only feat I can use.

JakeTheBank
What about the high end feats from the attackers? Are you trying to compare thor's high end feats to other characters' averages?

Not the only feat I can use.

If I were to exclusively use Thor's high end feats (not being killed or KO'd when fighting skyfathers and abstracts), even using the best feats of the attackers in this thread, Thor's going to make it quite far.

Okay. To paraphrase from Clark, "swell".

Anyway, my initial response was to the laughable idea that Prime could one shot kill Thor, which is far dumber than Thor, via feats, being capable of making an argument to clear this.

abhilegend
If I were to exclusively use Thor's high end feats (not being killed or KO'd when fighting skyfathers and abstracts), even using the best feats of the attackers in this thread, Thor's going to make it quite far.

Okay. To paraphrase from Clark, "swell".

Anyway, my initial response was to the laughable idea that Prime could one shot kill Thor, which is far dumber than Thor, via feats, being capable of making an argument to clear this.
Ok.
That's not far from laughable itself considering these guys have feats of beating skyfathers too.

JakeTheBank
Ok.
That's not far from laughable itself considering these guys have feats of beating skyfathers too.

It is laughable when you look at what has actually killed Thor or could have killed him seeing as he's died a few times.

abhilegend
It is laughable when you look at what has actually killed Thor or could have killed him seeing as he's died a few times.
Yeah, its laughable. You are turning into rage nicely.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, its laughable. You are turning into rage nicely.

Anyone with even passing knowledge on either character can tell you that Prime, while he'd beat Thor, isn't one shot killing him. That's based off of both of their feats. And if you disagree, you fall into one of the follow categories:

A.) An overestimated sense of Prime's capabilities
B.) Lowballing Thor
C.) Ignorant of both characters

or

D.) Trolling

abhilegend
Anyone with even passing knowledge on either character can tell you that Prime, while he'd beat Thor, isn't one shot killing him. That's based off of both of their feats. And if you disagree, you fall into one of the follow categories:

A.) An overestimated sense of Prime's capabilities
B.) Lowballing Thor
C.) Ignorant of both characters

or

D.) Trolling
You're misunderstanding me. I never said prime would oneshot kill thor. I find the notion that thor would clear this gauntlet laughable.

PillarofOsiris

So you're of the opinion that the Celestials are incapable of killing Thor with their best attacks? What's funny is the Destroyer armor killed him with it's eye beam. So I guess Destroyer armor > Celestials...wait a second...

PillarofOsiris
There's is ZERO chance that Thor is conscious after this gauntlet. Actually, there's a less than zero chance of that. He's been KO'ed by ONE HIT from the Hulk. He's not standing after a more powerful Hulk hits him that many times with him just standing there. No way.

Damborgson
There's is ZERO chance that Thor is conscious after this gauntlet. Actually, there's a less than zero chance of that. He's been KO'ed by ONE HIT from the Hulk. He's not standing after a more powerful Hulk hits him that many times with him just standing there. No way.

Oh no doubt he'd be KO'd after 20 non bracing hits from WWH, but I think you and I can agree that despite it being a cheap shot and Mjolnir being involved, that has been the lowest showing Thor's had against a hulk in a very long time if not the lowest period. He just beat an amped WWH and thing not to long ago. and it wasn't inconsistent with the rest of his history. this last showing was.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Damborgson
Oh no doubt he'd be KO'd after 20 non bracing hits from WWH, but I think you and I can agree that despite it being a cheap shot and Mjolnir being involved, that has been the lowest showing Thor's had against a hulk in a very long time if not the lowest period. He just beat an amped WWH and thing not to long ago. and it wasn't inconsistent with the rest of his history. this last showing was.

I agree with you on that point.

I've gone on record many times saying it seems like the current Marvel staff has something against Thor, and it has actually has caused me to stop buying Thor comics. I used to pretty much buy every Thor comic that came out, then we had the Rulk incident, the Taurus incident, the Amadeus Cho incident, Hulk beating Thor into a bloody pulp with his own hammer. Then one shotting Thor with his own hammer. the P5 saga was my last straw for Thor. I'd rather they just stopped putting Thor in comics altogether at this point.

If we look at Thor's showings from only before the JMS run, then I would say Thor could at least make it to SBP in this gauntlet. As it stands for me right now, I highly doubt he's getting past 3.

carver9

What did he say before beating this version of Hulk? How did he beat Nul? What happened to him after he beat Nul?

Damborgson
What did he say before beating this version of Hulk? How did he beat Nul? What happened to him after he beat Nul?

he said he couldn't beat him, then beat him by KO'ing him and putting him in space, then collapsed from being wounded and extended combat. Happy?

JakeTheBank

A contradictory statement considering he already beat Hulk before.

He one shot BFR him into space.

A weary Thor who had been humilated by both Odin and Cul before fighting amped Hulk and Thing collapsed due to exhaustion.

What's your point? That a less than 100% Thor can take on amped versions of the Hulk and Thing and win? I agree, buddy. thumb up

JakeTheBank
I agree with you on that point.

I've gone on record many times saying it seems like the current Marvel staff has something against Thor, and it has actually has caused me to stop buying Thor comics. I used to pretty much buy every Thor comic that came out, then we had the Rulk incident, the Taurus incident, the Amadeus Cho incident, Hulk beating Thor into a bloody pulp with his own hammer. Then one shotting Thor with his own hammer. the P5 saga was my last straw for Thor. I'd rather they just stopped putting Thor in comics altogether at this point.

If we look at Thor's showings from only before the JMS run, then I would say Thor could at least make it to SBP in this gauntlet. As it stands for me right now, I highly doubt he's getting past 3.

He's had some low moments, but then when you look at what he's done since JMS, I'm really not all that upset about it.

Killed Sentry
Invaded Mephisto's realm and beat the shit out of the Disir
Effected the Chaos King
Staggered Galactus twice
His battle with Glory
Killed the Demogorge
Raped an amped Ulik in moments
No sold Silver Surfer while already injured
Practically one shot killed amped Thing and then one shot BFR Nul
Clipped the Phoenix Force's wings
Resisted the telepathy of P5 Emma Frost

He's had some incredible feats since his rebirth in '07.

His power level is the same as it's always been, imo, but his characterization has been crappy as of late. I suggest reading Aaron's God of Thunder relaunch title, though.

dmills
If this is an average Thor, I think the full powered heat vision blasts of the Supermen would be a mother for him to overcome.

Tar-Antado
KO'd in 3, dead in 6.

carver9
he said he couldn't beat him, then beat him by KO'ing him and putting him in space, then collapsed from being wounded and extended combat. Happy?

You do know that Nul hit Thor only once in that fight? Thor pounded on Nul (who wasn't even paying him any attention) and Nul didn't even acknowledge it...a Thor that was trying to kill him. Thor admitting he couldnt beat Hulk is just Thor speaking his mind...that was the reason he bfred him. He tried charged hammer strikes and it did nothing. His only option was to bfr him.

Damborgson
Don't you get tired of lying? Because almost literally everything you posted was a plain out lie. It doesn't help you, or your character so why do it?

Horrificus
Everybody has low-end feats. High-End durability feats for Thor are some of the highest in comics.

There is no way of getting around it.

So, right now, just decide what we are looking at and go from there.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're misunderstanding me. I never said prime would oneshot kill thor. I find the notion that thor would clear this gauntlet laughable.

I rarely agree with the resident superman clown in the above... but in this case.. I actually do. Maybe i need a break from here..

TheHulk
He might get koed at 3 if average showings and killed at 6 and above but if you look at high end fts he MIGHT clear it.....out of willpower though...

TheHulk
Don't you get tired of lying? Because almost literally everything you posted was a plain out lie. It doesn't help you, or your character so why do it? Read the comic again man...Carver is ALMOST not lying.........before Thor made the sarcastic/truthful remark...we don't if they had a brief fight or Thor just got to tired or that single hit from Hulk took him down...

TheHulk
You do know that Nul hit Thor only once in that fight? Thor pounded on Nul (who wasn't even paying him any attention) and Nul didn't even acknowledge it...a Thor that was trying to kill him. Thor admitting he couldnt beat Hulk is just Thor speaking his mind...that was the reason he bfred him. He tried charged hammer strikes and it did nothing. His only option was to bfr him. You do know that Nul was bleeding from his mouth right? wink

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheHulk
Carver is ALMOST not lying

laughing out loud

This...this is like quote of the century.

TheHulk
laughing out loud

This...this is like quote of the century. Well thank you...it was no joke though..

JakeTheBank
Doesn't stop it from being hilarious.

Good ol' Carver, almost not lying.

TheHulk
Doesn't stop it from being hilarious.

Good ol' Carver, almost not lying. Yea like Thor being his favorite character...I still remember that because I puked out my food after reading that part sick

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I rarely agree with the resident superman clown in the above... but in this case.. I actually do. Maybe i need a break from here..
Lulz.

TheLordofMurder
So you're of the opinion that the Celestials are incapable of killing Thor with their best attacks? What's funny is the Destroyer armor killed him with it's eye beam. So I guess Destroyer armor > Celestials...wait a second...

Of course I dont believe the Celestials are incapable of killing Thor; the post I made prior to the one you quoted clearly states that that feat is pure PIS...

I was simply making a counter point to someone who had said that the Celestials had their phasers set to stun; the on panel text disagrees with that statement...

Thor was wearing writer armor when he fought the Celestials; thats why their "merciless" assault on him was tankable (but as PIS ridden as it is, it is a feat of his)...

TheGodKiller
(but as PIS ridden as it is, it is a feat of his)...
Based on forum rules, its not.

Horrificus
I'm thinking 8 and 9.

carver9
Lol...

Two punches from Savage Hulk did this.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg

WWH punch MUCH harder. Remember, Savage only hit him 2 times. WWH kills him.

Horrificus
Lol...

WWH punch MUCH harder. Remember, Savage only hit him 2 times. WWH kills him. Dammit!!!

You just drew those panels carver!!!

JakeTheBank
Lol...

WWH punch MUCH harder. Remember, Savage only hit him 2 times. WWH kills him.

Two punches failed to beat Thor, who got up and was ready for more.

There's also the fact that Thor's got superior showings to that as well. Multiple ones.

So, nice try lowballing, but try again.

Silent Master
Two punches failed to beat Thor, who got up and was ready for more.

There's also the fact that Thor's got superior showings to that as well. Multiple ones.

So, nice try lowballing, but try again.

He also failed to mention the Hulk using both his feet to slam Thor into the ground, but I'm sure it was just an oversight and not carter trying to make the Hulk look better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.