Batman vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
No spider sense.

a) h2h.
b) No webbing for Spidey.
c) Straight battle.

Fight in a construction site.

SamZED
I assume Pete gets some time to get used to not having his ss?

He takes a. Bats can take b and c using some gadgets but not for majority.

Prep-Man
We all know Batman would win in comics. Just look at the JLA!

Bentley
Originally posted by SamZED
I assume Pete gets some time to get used to not having his ss?

He takes a. Bats can take b and c using some gadgets but not for majority.

Peter would know he doesn't have spider sense.

Robin Dc
Batman would win that fight with his gadgets.

Phoenix2001
This wouldn't exactly be h2h if Batman is allowed to use his gadgets and Spider not his. Either way, Batman would win because of his uber combat skills, strategic thinking, and resources.

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man still is much faster, much tougher and much, much, much stronger that Batman. He stomps in all three, with a single punch to the face.

Eternal Idol
Spider-Man knocks his farkin block off, then quips about it ftw.

Prep-Man
It wouldn't be the first time Spidey lost to a street. Spidey is a horrible fighter compared to Batman.

SamZED
You're saying he's gonna lose to Batman because he's lost to some other streets in the books? Most of the time he actually beats them. In a forum fight he should stomp them.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
It wouldn't be the first time Spidey lost to a street. Spidey is a horrible fighter compared to Batman. OK, but the streets who beat Spiderman would probably beat Batman.

Prep-Man
You're saying he's gonna lose to Batman because he's lost to some other streets in the books? Most of the time he actually beats them. In a forum fight he should stomp them.

Spidey SHOULD be able to handle most of those guys with ease, IMO. Didn't SS, Daredevil, and Cat do well against Spidey? If so, I can see Batman doing the same. Afterall, he's beaten beings more formidable than Spidey.

Mindset
Spidey SHOULD be able to handle most of those guys with ease, IMO. Didn't SS, Daredevil, and Cat do well against Spidey? If so, I can see Batman doing the same. Afterall, he's beaten beings more formidable than Spidey. Spiderman has beaten beings more formidable than SS, DD, Cat, and Batman.

Prep-Man
Which is why he should be able to handle those peeps with ease. But he doesn't. Unless the SS example is PIS, since he caught him by surprise and got the drop on him.

SamZED
He recently fought an upgraded superfast superstrong Shang-chi and did very well while holding back big time. Its safe to say no PIS/CIS he'd beat Bats without much trouble. Gadgets is Bruce's only option.

Prep-Man
He recently fought an upgraded superfast superstrong Shang-chi and did very well while holding back big time. Its safe to say no PIS/CIS he'd beat Bats without much trouble. Gadgets is Bruce's only option.

Cool, do you have the scans? I'd like to see. And do you think the S Samurai example is a joke? I'm thinking, yes?

SamZED
Cool, do you have the scans? I'd like to see. And do you think the S Samurai example is a joke? I'm thinking, yes? Will post them this evening, cant right now.

Which fight are you referring? I think they've met like 3 times. Once Samurai sneak attacked him, another was a bfr iirc and the last time they fought Spider-man koed him.

Prep-Man
Sneak attack.

BruceSkywalker
since this is strictly h2h, batman 9/10

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Spider-Man still is much faster, much tougher and much, much, much stronger that Batman. He stomps in all three, with a single punch to the face.

Exactly.

SamZED
Sneak attack. I think its a very low showing for his spider sense.

Cool, do you have the scans?
Here:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5026/slsm1legioncps022.th.jpg http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8663/slsm1legioncps025.th.jpg http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4192/slsm1legioncps027.th.jpg http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8472/slsm1legioncps029.th.jpg http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1159/slsm1legioncps030.th.jpg

Concidering Pete's CIS and Shang's speed/strength upgrade I think this is a nice feat.

King Castle
Spiderman in all three..facepalm2

Hitman911
We're talkin about the Same Spiderman who Pwn'd the X-men?!?!??!? hmmmm.....h2h means no gagets and No web.... So essentially its a person who dodges bullets and can pick up a car vs a hightly trained street leveler.....

Prep-Man
I think its a very low showing for his spider sense.

Here:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5026/slsm1legioncps022.th.jpg http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8663/slsm1legioncps025.th.jpg http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4192/slsm1legioncps027.th.jpg http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8472/slsm1legioncps029.th.jpg http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1159/slsm1legioncps030.th.jpg

Concidering Pete's CIS and Shang's speed/strength upgrade I think this is a nice feat.

Thanks, almost forgot about this.

StiltmanFTW
Will post them this evening, cant right now.

Which fight are you referring? I think they've met like 3 times. Once Samurai sneak attacked him, another was a bfr iirc and the last time they fought Spider-man koed him.

no

They had way more than three fights, fyi, but whatever.

1) Sneak attacked him... with the sheathed sword.

2) A BFR and KO in one actually. Again, with the sheathed sword.

3) True, he did knock him out, but you're forgetting about Chi distracting SS and fighting him (mostly off-panel) before. Parker punching SS' lights out on his own ain't likely and that's not what happened.

Silver Samurai is Parker's superior. Pretending he's not is just blind fanboyism.

Deadline
I think its a very low showing for his spider sense.

Here:

There is CIS on Shangs part as well. Anyway Spiderman FTW.

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Exactly.

Hes not killing Batman with one punch to the face. He has an armoured cowl for starters.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
no

They had way more than three fights, fyi, but whatever.

1) Sneak attacked him... with the sheathed sword.

2) A BFR and KO in one actually. Again, with the sheathed sword.

3) True, he did knock him out, but you're forgetting about Chi distracting SS and fighting him (mostly off-panel) before. Parker punching SS' lights out on his own ain't likely and that's not what happened.

Silver Samurai is Parker's superior. Pretending he's not is just blind fanboyism. 1) Sneak attack is a sneak attack. He cought Spider-man off guard.. which was a terrible showing for his ss tbh.

2) Spider-man wasnt even fighting SS. He was running passed him chasing that chick when SS attacked iirc And that's after Spider-man fought through dozens of guards. Not exactly fair either.

3) Shang just leaped over him and ran away, SS wasnt distracted, Spider-man didnt try to use it to his advantage anyway. Shang left and they started fighting. You say it like Shang's presence played a crucial role in Samurai's defeat when it made no difference at all. confused

Originally posted by Deadline
You talking about him fighting Negative influence? Well, yes. But doesnt look like he was holding back during the fight itself, only in the end. Thats how Spider-man managed to fight the influence as well in Dark Reign. He refused to kill a friend. But to that point he was pretty much bloodlusted. So was Chi.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Deadline

Hes not killing Batman with one punch to the face. He has an armoured cowl for starters.

Oh yea. I forgot that Batman's mouth+chin are were shielded.

...oh wait.

StiltmanFTW
1) Sneak attack is a sneak attack. He cought Spider-man off guard.. which was a terrible showing for his ss tbh.

2) Spider-man wasnt even fighting SS. He was running passed him chasing that chick when SS attacked iirc And that's after Spider-man fought through dozens of guards. Not exactly fair either.

3) Shang just leaped over him and ran away, SS wasnt distracted, Spider-man didnt try to use it to his advantage anyway. Shang left and they started fighting. You say it like Shang's presence played a crucial role in Samurai's defeat when it made no difference at all. confused

1) Fair enough... but just to make it clear - his SS did warn him. He just wasn't fast enough to react to it. Like always.

2) Wrong. We had that discussion before, I corrected you and you admitted you were wrong. So let me say that again: Parker threw a punch, Harada dodged it and counter-attacked.

3) Wow, wrong again. Parler did use that to his advantage. That allowed him to land a cheapshot. It was a rather important factor, not as important as that car in Elektra fight, but still important.

Without webbing, favourable environment and possibly that distraction (we don't know how much SS was hurt), he would be screwed.

SamZED
1) Fair enough... but just to make it clear - his SS did warn him. He just wasn't fast enough to react to it. Like always.

2) Wrong. We had that discussion before, I corrected you and you admitted you were wrong. So let me say that again: Parker threw a punch, Harada dodged it and counter-attacked.

3) Wow, wrong again. Parler did use that to his advantage. That allowed him to land a cheapshot. It was a rather important factor, not as important as that car in Elektra fight, but still important.

Without webbing, favourable environment and possibly that distraction (we don't know how much SS was hurt), he would be screwed.

1) its still a terribly low showing looking at the sneak attacks he's dodged thanks to his ss. That's like Wolverine taking 6 hits from Hulk but then getting oneshotted by the Rhino.

2) That is why I said "iirc" ok he threw one pucnch and got bfred. Yay for Samurai. Spider-man still fought dozens of shield agents before that and was more worried about stopping that chick than fighting Samurai because she was gonna assasinate someone.

3) False. The whole "cheapshot distraction" is a speculation. Samurai says something like "Ive been waiting for a rematch" as Spider-man charges at him. He wasnt cought off guard, this attack didnt even do anything to him and in NO WAY effected the outcome of the fight that lasted for several minutes after this attack. Strop trying to make it sound like it made a difference, Stilt. It didnt. Not even a little.

Dunno how you think it made any difference when Spider-man was shown dodging dozens of Samurai's sword attacks when not distracted. It was also shown he needs one good punch to take him out. No way this would've ended any other way.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Oh yea. I forgot that Batman's mouth+chin are were shielded.

...oh wait. thumb up laughing

Brockalizer
Spiderman would dong smack Batman in all three. He is much faster and more durrable. Batman is just a *** in a suit with some cool gadgets, no enhanced strength or durability. I've seen seen Spiderman knock powerless bad guys out with just a flick of his finger.

StiltmanFTW
1) its still a terribly low showing looking at the sneak attacks he's dodged thanks to his ss. That's like Wolverine taking 6 hits from Hulk but then getting oneshotted by the Rhino.

2) That is why I said "iirc" ok he threw one pucnch and got bfred. Yay for Samurai. Spider-man still fought dozens of shield agents before that and was more worried about stopping that chick than fighting Samurai because she was gonna assasinate someone.

3) False. The whole "cheapshot distraction" is a speculation. Samurai says something like "Ive been waiting for a rematch" as Spider-man charges at him. He wasnt cought off guard, this attack didnt even do anything to him and in NO WAY effected the outcome of the fight that lasted for several minutes after this attack. Strop trying to make it sound like it made a difference, Stilt. It didnt. Not even a little.

Dunno how you think it made any difference when Spider-man was shown dodging dozens of Samurai's sword attacks when not distracted. It was also shown he needs one good punch to take him out. No way this would've ended any other way.

1) He still sucks.

2) BFR'd and KO'd. That chick was Viper... SS is her tachyon field vibrator.

3) Every blow takes its tool on a fighter. To assume it doesn't is just silly, to put it very lightly.

He was dodging the swipes just barely and it was writer's armor protecting him anyway. "One good punch" my ass, Samurai got hit several times prior to that haymaker. It was a cumulative effect.

Here he takes Cannonball's charge and Sunspot's punch.

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8199/32034256.th.jpg

We're talking about a Class 10 character (if we go by what Bendis says) with the armor that's almost on par with your average Iron Man suit durability-wise. Spiderpussy ain't one-shotting him.

It has ended the other way. Many times in fact.

SamZED
1) He still sucks.

2) BFR'd and KO'd. That chick was Viper... SS is her tachyon field vibrator.

3) Every blow takes its tool on a fighter. To assume it doesn't is just silly, to put it very lightly.

He was dodging the swipes just barely and it was writer's armor protecting him anyway. "One good punch" my ass, Samurai got hit several times prior to that haymaker. It was a cumulative effect.

Here he takes Cannonball's charge and Sunspot's punch.

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8199/32034256.th.jpg

We're talking about a Class 10 character (if we go by what Bendis says) with the armor that's almost on par with your average Iron Man suit durability-wise. Spiderpussy ain't one-shotting him.

It has ended the other way. Many times in fact.

1) lol

Wolverine wouldnt agree with you. shifty Klaws of the Panther..

2) Right, Viper. Keep forgetting that.
Well, in that case he was sleepwalking and.. sleepjumping. Managed to grab onto the ship, pull the girl up and jump through the window right back into action. All while uncouncious. cool

3) It was not a sneak attack nor a cheap shot. So its fair. Besides all it did was give Samurai the opportunity to land the first hit. Acting like it somehow was a deciding factor of the fight or gave Spider-man some kind of unfair advantage.. THAT's silly.

Not on the ship he didnt. Took Spider-man only one good punch. Spider-man was barely dodging the swipes only because he was barely standing after the sneak attack. Samurai still couldnt land a hit.

The opposite happened twice. Once was a cheap shot and was actually more than one attack, the other's BFR.

Samurai never hit Spider-man without CIS. The few times he tried that in a one on one he couldnt connect. Even on a weakened Spider-man.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1852/marvelteamupv105716.th.jpg

Plus Pete even commented in the later encounter how Samurai's speed is nothing next to his. In a forum fight Samurai might take 2/10 on a good day.

Badabing
Originally posted by Bentley
No spider sense.

a) h2h.
b) No webbing for Spidey.
c) Straight battle.

Fight in a construction site. Batman kicks, Spidey webs himself.

zopzop
OMG, Spiderman stomps in all three with ease.

Someone please post the Secret Wars scan where Spiderman flicked his finger and put Wolverine through a wall or something. Now imagine that against a human being with no adamantium skeleton or healing factor.

Spiderman would make Batman a bloody smear on the pavement.

StiltmanFTW
1) lol

Wolverine wouldnt agree with you. shifty Klaws of the Panther..

Even his girlfriend agrees with me, Wolverine written by a normal writer would do as well.

2) Right, Viper. Keep forgetting that.
Well, in that case he was sleepwalking and.. sleepjumping. Managed to grab onto the ship, pull the girl up and jump through the window right back into action. All while uncouncious. cool

He was pretty much KO'd by boxing rules, at least. Incapacitated. And it's unclear how he saved himself himself and Widow, actually. Maybe Watcher helped them? I wouldn't be surprised, tbh.

3) It was not a sneak attack nor a cheap shot. So its fair. Besides all it did was give Samurai the opportunity to land the first hit. Acting like it somehow was a deciding factor of the fight or gave Spider-man some kind of unfair advantage.. THAT's silly.

Except it was. It's like saying that shooting Wolverine while he was leaping at the other guy wasn't a cheapshot (which you did, by the way - nice omega lv fail).

It was NOT a deciding factor. But it was a factor and it did give Spiderpussy an unfair advantage.

Not on the ship he didnt. Took Spider-man only one good punch. Spider-man was barely dodging the swipes only because he was barely standing after the sneak attack. Samurai still couldnt land a hit.

Samurai was affected by his punches/tackles as well as his fight with the greatest martial artist of all time in that moment of MU history. So no, it didn't take him only one good punch.

Wasn't stated he was barely standing, Widow fellatio'd him and he was okay.

The opposite happened twice. Once was a cheap shot and was actually more than one attack, the other's BFR.

Samurai never hit Spider-man without CIS. The few times he tried that in a one on one he couldnt connect. Even on a weakened Spider-man.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1852/marvelteamupv105716.th.jpg

You realize how weakened Harada was here...?

Plus Pete even commented in the later encounter how Samurai's speed is nothing next to his. In a forum fight Samurai might take 2/10 on a good day.

Nothing like that. He actually commented it's better than anywhen before, shitted his pants (like he always do) and was saved only because the real warriors were here.

SamZED
Even his girlfriend agrees with me, Wolverine written by a normal writer would do as well.
Excueses, excuses. Cant stand the fact Logan respects Spider-man so much? evil face "One of the best of us". Just wait for the last issue of Astonishing W&SM. They'll be best friends by the end of it.big grin

He was pretty much KO'd by boxing rules, at least. Incapacitated. And it's unclear how he saved himself himself and Widow, actually. Maybe Watcher helped them? I wouldn't be surprised, tbh.
He wasnt knocked out, that's what matters. It was a win by bfr. Kinda what Skaar did to classic Juggs. Doesnt make him >>> Cain.

Except it was. It's like saying that shooting Wolverine while he was leaping at the other guy wasn't a cheapshot (which you did, by the way - nice omega lv fail). It was NOT a deciding factor. But it was a factor and it did give Spiderpussy an unfair advantage.
Uh-huh. Keep telling yourself that, maybe Samurai getting his ass kicked wont feel so bad anymore. Look at him being all surprised and cought off guard with Spider-man getting an "unfair advantage".

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6884/marvelteamup08507.th.jpg

Clearly that's what helped Parker disarm and KhimTFO 2 pages later. erm

Samurai was affected by his punches/tackles as well as his fight with the greatest martial artist of all time in that moment of MU history. So no, it didn't take him only one good punch. Fight? The single panel where Harada tried to stab Shang but missed? That was all the fighting he did, while Spider-man had to fight his way through dozen agents. Even Shang mentioned that he's in no shape to fight Samurai. You make it out like SS was at disadvantage when he actually had everything going for him.

Wasn't stated he was barely standing, Widow fellatio'd him and he was okay. laughing
But even Samurai noticed how weakened Spider-man was.

You realize how weakened Harada was here...? From what? Widow's peak human punches? And that's concidering his ironman-like armor? He wasnt nearly as weakened as Spider-man. Not that he did any better tagging him with the sword in their last encounter.

Nothing like that. He actually commented it's better than anywhen before, shitted his pants (like he always do) and was saved only because the real warriors were here. Actually it was SS who shitted his pants when he saw Spider-man come crushing through the window. He actually started praying. Deep down the poor guy knew he wont stand a chance in a fair 1 on 1 fight.

Solidus Black
spiderman moves 40 times or so faster than a human doesnt he?

Bats would be moving in slow motion at all times.

If spiderman lost any, he would be begging for his series to be cancelled

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.