Dumbstruck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

movieguru808
As a recent inductie to the Killer Movies family i feel that it is my duty to inform the masses of any movie new that crosses my path. As such, I feel compelled to inform my fellow movie gurus out there about a trailer of a documentary coming out in select cities that I recently seen on Facebook.

The film is a documentary called "Dumbstruck" and was filmed in 2007. The film revolves around the culture of ventriloquism and follows several ventriloquist or "vents" and their dummies. The concept of the film is a bit jarring, considering that the average person doesn't find anything appealing about a talking doll sitting on someones lap telling either lame or perverted jokes.

For me, I see this as an opportunity to learn more about a group of people and culture that I would regularly over look or even belittle. My definition of a good documentary is one that successfully portraies a new culture, ideal, or cause by being both entertaining and educatiing at the same time.

I for one think that it is interesting that someone felt the need to share this story/culture with the masses.

What do you think?

Check out the trailer on the facebook page and let me know what YOU think!

h t t p: / / on.fb.me/gX25Dg

The Nuul
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8345/drumstick1.jpg

Are ****ing delicious!

MildPossession
You advertised this on another board, but thankfully I could delete it. smile

movieguru808
mildpossession - yes i did, I dont want to put my personal business on a forum site but the fact is, I am the only person on my island that like ventriloquism....I was under the impression that forums meant that one could talk and discuss things openly with peers.
The fact is, i has the notion that if I could help promote the film and hopefully drive audience attendance up in the select cities that the film will be showing, perhaps 1 of 2 things would happen.
1) the films national tour would be extended, giving me time to try and make it out to LA
or
2) the film would make money so that dvd release would be out sooner.
I apologize to you personally if you find my posts irritating...but my suggestion....dont READ THEM THEN!
people like you...I swear...

movieguru808
for those who have read this post...i was just going to say i noticed that the facebook for this film has added a contest.
you should check it out....winner gets an Axtell Bird Puppet..(Which is a pretty cool puppet...the bird looks stoned! hahha)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.