Need a new Batman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
Here's the scenario:

Everybody in the Batfamily is dead, but Oracle. Gotham is about to implode: Joker threaten the autority that he plans to shit on Gotham tons of Laugh Gas, Two-Face and Penguin just engaged in violent gang wars, Killer Croc is let loose in the sewers, Bane try to ambush Catwoman, and Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy ally themselves to take on the city and split it at the end.

Catwoman and Oracle ally themselves and begin to search for a new champion. Here's the list:

1- Tim Drake
2- Taskmaster
3- T'Challa
4- Wolverine
5- Paladin
6- Punisher
7- DareDevil
8- Bucky Barnes
9- Steve Rogers
10- Nick Fury
11- Shang Chi
12- Amadeus Cho

How would they do as the new Batman, and who would be the first pick?

The Nuul
The issue I have is that only Batman wouldnt kill his enemies, most of the characters on that list will. Thus wont fit the Batman role properly.

chomperx9
Punisher shouldnt even be on the list.

Badabing
Cap or Daredevil.

rotiart
Wouldn't Tim drake technically be a batfamily member?

Juk3n
I like Taskmaster for the job personally. Cap hasn't got the depth of skills Bruce has, Caps a fighter and thats pretty much it. Daredevil would fit too.

Mindset
Black Panther is pretty much Marvel's Batman.

But I'd pick Fury, provided that it's Samuel L Jackson.

Q99
Originally posted by rotiart
Wouldn't Tim drake technically be a batfamily member?

Or, blatantly be a batfamily member?

Most of the others have their own styles that don't mesh with the Bat detective/fighter ethos (Steve's great, but no detective). Tim might be the best choice, even if he is a bit below Batman level.

If Matt agreed to take a heavy detectivework course and worked with Oracle a lot, he might do.

JakeTheBank
Drake would be the shoe-in of all mentioned.

Second, I'd pick T'Challa. He has/had the resources and mental and physical discipline needed to take on the mantle of the Bat, provided he would dedicate himself to Gotham fully...which is unlikely, all things considered.

Juk3n
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Drake would be the shoe-in of all mentioned.

Second, I'd pick T'Challa. He has/had the resources and mental and physical discipline needed to take on the mantle of the Bat, provided he would dedicate himself to Gotham fully...which is unlikely, all things considered.

He can't even be Daredevil how thehell is he gonna be Batman?

BruceSkywalker
two people.. either T'Challa or Cap, but if Tim is still alive then him

Omega Vision
Steve, Tim, or Matt.

Parmaniac
Galactus

FanBoy101
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
two people.. either T'Challa or Cap, but if Tim is still alive then him Dude I have a hard just by looking your sig and avi... embarrasment I request you take them off or else I... confused

Uriel005
Cho if he's given time to develop physically. If not then I go with T'Challa or Tim. I just don't see DD doing the Batman business despite the fact that I can see a lot of the similarities.

marwash22
Tim... obviously. dunno how he isn't dead given the scenario the OP has set up.

Cap would be my second choice, followed by BP and DD.

zeel
punisher,cap or daredevil. prolly daredevil.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Juk3n
He can't even be Daredevil how thehell is he gonna be Batman?

Based on T'Challa's accomplishments and abilities as a whole? He's a world class athlete and a genius and has plenty of resources/connections to exploit as royalty. Other people might fit the physical or mental aspect to Batman better, but T'Challa is the best suited all around.

Tim would be the first choice, though, as he's a known and trusted commodity as far as Oracle and Catwoman is concerned.

Mindset
Black Panther was peak human and one of the best hth fighters last I checked.

I'd say physically him and Batman are pretty much the same.

Although, he can probably dunk better.

rotiart
Batman schools tchalla In ball though

I would like to submit as my case reference... white men can't jump!

Mindset
Wesley Snipes was better, though.

golem370
I think James Hudson aka Guardian who be a good choice.

godking
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Here's the scenario:

Everybody in the Batfamily is dead, but Oracle. Gotham is about to implode: Joker threaten the autority that he plans to shit on Gotham tons of Laugh Gas, Two-Face and Penguin just engaged in violent gang wars, Killer Croc is let loose in the sewers, Bane try to ambush Catwoman, and Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy ally themselves to take on the city and split it at the end.

Catwoman and Oracle ally themselves and begin to search for a new champion. Here's the list:

1- Tim Drake
2- Taskmaster
3- T'Challa
4- Wolverine
5- Paladin
6- Punisher
7- DareDevil
8- Bucky Barnes
9- Steve Rogers
10- Nick Fury
11- Shang Chi
12- Amadeus Cho

How would they do as the new Batman, and who would be the first pick? If they need a new batman quick from that list i would pick taskmaster sans the detective skills there is nothing that Bruce/Dick does that Taskmaster cannot do or learn quickly.

If there is time to build up a new batman i would pick T,Challa.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.