episode 1 3D!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
it will be out on Feb. 10,2012

even if it wasn't in 3D i would still go see it again.

Sith Master X
Can't wait! TPM rocks.

darthmaul1
it's my favorite next to ESB

queeq
It doesn't rock, but it may be worthwhile in 3D.

Hybris
I was 9 years old when I saw TPM on the big screen... It will be great to relive part of the experience I had back then...

Darth Angel
I doubt I will pay for that. Maybe this way GL decides do to do something new and original once again.

BruceSkywalker
as much as i love the star wrs films i will not be seeing this..

3 d disgusts me

queeq
Now now... What a thing to say.

I doubt GL will do anything new. It just depends how they handel the digital elements in TPM really... Will they make it work like it did in Avatar? Or more like the kinda not working 3D in Alice in Wonderland or Tron?

S_D_J
IMO 3D on TRON was damn fine!

I'll be seeing this on day one

I'm worry about it though, 2D to 3D conversion have been shoddy at best (Last Airbender, Alice)

JediRobin23
Sweet, 3D

Cant wait to empty my pockets to Lucas once again

queeq
What was 3D about Tron Legacy???? I saw it in 3D in the IMAX theatre. Can't watch it in a better place. Yet, it didn't look very 3Dish... in fact... it looked like very decent 2D....

darthmaul1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
as much as i love the star wrs films i will not be seeing this..

3 d disgusts me

I'm not that fussy for 3d either and to tell the truth I can't really see it to well cause I have a lazy eye, unless the stuff is actually coming out of the screen. Like the floaty things in avatar, but for me tron had more things come out of the screen than avatar. And I will still see star wars in 3d just to see it on the big screen again!!!

queeq
Me too prolly.

I didn't see anything coming out of the screen. Only the opening fly shot through the buildings had a 3D effect.

And it's not about things coming out of the screen. Avatar looked 3D, it really did. They effect of 3D is lost when lenses are used that create a limited depth of field. For 3D to really work everything in the shot should be in focus. 3D will create depth, not focus. They did that very well in Avatar, they didn't do it in Alice in Wonderland (but that wasn't originally intended to be 3D) and they certainly didn't do it in Tron where everything is animated, so they have full control over focus of backgroudn and foregrounds... And yet... they limited the depth of dield of the shots...

They just didn't study 3D enough,. Cameron did.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by S_D_J
IMO 3D on TRON was damn fine!

I'll be seeing this on day one

I'm worry about it though, 2D to 3D conversion have been shoddy at best (Last Airbender, Alice)

Tron Legacy was made with 3D in mind, Star Wars wasn't. 2D to 3D conversions are usually absolute shit.

I can't wait to see Jar Jar's tongue coming at me in 3D!!!

PASS

~JP~
I agree, Ive seen several of the films that were supposed #D and really only Avatar and Tangled to a certain extent gave me that 3D feeling, the rest were crap. Altho I suppose if anyone can convery a film to 3d with successful results I imagine its gonna be Lucas Films & ILM.

queeq
Exactly.

I guess the PT shouldn't be too hard, most of the backgrounds and sets are CGI anyway, you can layer them anyway you want.

Sith Master X
Exactly. The CG and background environments are on one layer, while the actors have been pasted onto it in a separate one.

Either way, it'll be nice to have SW back on the big screen. Even to those of you swearing you're not going....you know you will. wink

I'm just hoping now that enough time has passed and the craze has died down, perhaps people will be able to go back to these movies with their expectations in check and see that they aren't nearly the horrific films they were made out to be.

I also love people's reasoning for why the PT sucked. Bad acting, bad dialogue....too much CGI...then you ask them which one was the worst? "Oh, TPM...cause Jar Jar was the worstesest character ever."
But in reality, TPM had the least amount of CGI...the best acting, and the best dialogue of the 3 prequels....and probably felt the closest to all of the originals.

Wierd why people think it's the worst one. I think it's just because a lot of people are shallow minded and let the fact that they didn't like something about it (midichilorians) ruin their entire experience to the point where they can't even see any of the good behind it. Sad. sad

roughrider
What I don't get is this plan to only release one film a year in 3D.

When the 20th Anniversary happened we got all three of the OT films released between January & March 1997.
Is there that much of a demand for 3D screens that they can't schedule in all six films in one year?

~JP~
I imagine it's based on the sheer amount of time and work its going to convert 1 film let alone 6.

queeq
And money. Now people may and go see each movie more than once.

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I also love people's reasoning for why the PT sucked. Bad acting, bad dialogue....too much CGI...then you ask them which one was the worst? "Oh, TPM...cause Jar Jar was the worstesest character ever."
But in reality, TPM had the least amount of CGI...the best acting, and the best dialogue of the 3 prequels....and probably felt the closest to all of the originals.

Wierd why people think it's the worst one. I think it's just because a lot of people are shallow minded and let the fact that they didn't like something about it (midichilorians) ruin their entire experience to the point where they can't even see any of the good behind it. Sad. sad

You forget that it's alos quite boring, it's about taxes and senate debates and stuff. The plot is rather muddled and it shows an extraordinarily wooden performance by Liam Neeson.

But it's not the worst one. AOTC is. But I am sure that one will look great in 3D. However... a 3D Shaak is not really something I look forward to, with that big butt sticking out to the audience...

darthmaul1
All 6 movies have always had things coming at the screen like ships, explosions, podracers, light sabers. So it should be very cool.

The reason for 1 year between releases is because of the time it takes to transfer each film. Not to make more money, let's face it these will only be in the theater for a month maybe 2 and that is it.

queeq
True.

~JP~
Originally posted by darthmaul1

The reason for 1 year between releases is because of the time it takes to transfer each film.

I said that, do you even read my posts?

Queeq, Ive never had a problem with TPM outside of JJB, Maul is one of my favorite characters. I will probably go see this just for his character alone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Maul in 3D... see his horn coming at ya.

I felt TPM was boring... the realisation struck me when I was reading the subtitles to my son. It's a very talky picture about boring stuff and the actions don't always make sense to what people say.

Hybris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLXwrj7i7Q

Imagine that at 1:00, that face is coming towards you...

darthmaul1
Originally posted by ~JP~
I said that, do you even read my posts?

Queeq, Ive never had a problem with TPM outside of JJB, Maul is one of my favorite characters. I will probably go see this just for his character alone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I do and i did, i just added to it by saying they are not trying to make more money by having the releases 1 year apart.

And i didn't have a problem with TPM either. Even with JJB (i just ignore him) and as you can tell from my Sig and username Maul is one of my favorite characters too.

I agree with you Queeq that it is quite boring in places and talky, but for me i found some of the talky scenes kind of interesting. but i still think this is one of the reasons why Lucas started with episode iv first, cause people would not be able to get into TPM if it came out in 1977.

queeq
There is one horror about Ep1 you may not have realised... Jar Jar in 3D, maybe they add a new scene of his tongue aimed at the audience... evil face

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Hybris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLXwrj7i7Q

Imagine that at 1:00, that face is coming towards you...

You can link directly to the 1 minute mark, you know.

Hybris
Originally posted by LanceWindu
You can link directly to the 1 minute mark, you know.

I forgot it, my bad.

queeq
But 3D will always fail once the sabres hit the edge of the frame or go past it as they do all the time. 3D evaporates when objects or people or obstructed by the sids of the screen.

Sith Master X
TPM being kind of talky....well yes, but it was more talky and less of a CGI rollercoaster. I mean I know TPM used tons of CGI, but not nearly as much as 2 and 3.

Having watched TPM recently, the dialogue really does feel the best of the 3 prequels in this movie.

queeq
Which says a lot... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.