Water for Elephants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
Saw this trailer at imdb...

It's based on a really incredible book, and at least two out of three of the main cast are going to make this movie rock.

Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz, plus Robert Pattinson.

YES, I know. But, watching the trailer, seeing him dressed in regular clothes with his skin a regular human's color, with a subtle Southern accent as per his book counterpart, I am hesitatingly waiting to see if he might be able to possibly start to redeem himself.

Anyway.

TRAILER

Just from that, thumbs up or down?

RE: Blaxican
Thumbs down for me.

Though, in its defense, not really due to any presumptions on how well it is, but just the plot really rubs me the wrong way. I've always hated the "sleep with the other dude's wife but it's okay 'cause its true love" type of storylines.

BruceSkywalker
i may go see this if i am convinced i should

siriuswriter
Meant to include this with the first post :

A short summary of the book :

In the late 20's and early 30's, Jon Kakowski, born of two Polish immigrants, is opening his exam to become a veterinarian when he gets called by the Dean, only to learn that his parents have both just died in a car accident. Having no other family, Jon begins to hop trains, then comes up with a plan to jump a circus train. While the "rumblers" decide whether or not to throw him off, the fact is brought up that Jon would be quite capable of becoming the main menagerie vet. During one of his first tasks, taking care of a white pony for a six-horse act, he meets Marlena, who rides the ponies. Her husband seems rather odd when Jon is introduced to him through Marlena, and he spends his time walking the tightrope thin line of being a Performer or crew

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.