Gladiator, Quasar, Ronan the Accuser and Super Skrull Vs The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Gladiator
Quasar
Ronan the Accuser
Super Skrull

Vs

Superman
G.L Hal
Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Flash(Barry)

Who wins? No prep...

iceman24567
Jla stomp no expression

JakeTheBank
JLA.

carver9
Jla stomps.

Gladiator takes a couple down with him though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Jla stomps.

Gladiator takes a couple down with him though.

A couple?

Who?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
A couple?

Who?

Flash, Wondy, Martian Manhunter.

MrMind
JLA massacre

iceman24567
A couple?

Who? Nobody Superman ends him

JakeTheBank
Flash, Wondy, Martian Manhunter.

No.

Yeah, no.

He's not beating all three of those Leaguers before he goes out. Hell, he'll have his hands full with Superman. To say nothing of what Diana and J'onn could do with his psyche.

carver9
No.

Yeah, no.

He's not beating all three of those Leaguers before he goes out. Hell, he'll have his hands full with Superman. To say nothing of what Diana and J'onn could do with his psyche.

Superman will be fighting someone else.

Gladiator would have heat visioned MM, physically take Wondy out with planet crushing strength along with superior combat speed and flash would be hard to hit but eventually, it will happen.

JakeTheBank
Superman will be fighting someone else.

Gladiator would have heat visioned MM, physically take Wondy out with planet crushing strength along with superior combat speed and flash would be hard to hit but eventually, it will happen.

Says who? Superman's far more likely to tackle whoever seems to be the "big gun" of the opposing team. And I could just as easily say Superman annihilates Super Skrull and Ronan before they register what the hell is happening. erm

carver9
Says who? Superman's far more likely to tackle whoever seems to be the "big gun" of the opposing team. And I could just as easily say Superman annihilates Super Skrull and Ronan before they register what the hell is happening. erm

Who do you think is stronger, Black Adam or Gladiator or do you think they are even?

zopzop
First of all I'd give the JLA the majority wins because a) it's a freaking 5 vs 4 fight and b) Ronan is the weak link.

Having said that, Quasar can rape Superman by draining his solar energy AND bombarding him with red sun radiation at the same time. If that happens, the rest of the JLA is in trouble. MM's mind control won't work vs Quasar either because he's immune to mental take over. Then it becomes a more fair 4 vs 4 fight.

But that's assuming he knows of Supes red sun weakness and source of power.

JakeTheBank
Who do you think is stronger, Black Adam or Gladiator or do you think they are even?

Not sure what you're trying to get at here, Carver. Black Adam's relevancy to this thread is pretty slim to none.

carver9
Not sure what you're trying to get at here, Carver. Black Adam's relevancy to this thread is pretty slim to none.

Its a reason for my question. Can you please answer it for me?

JakeTheBank
Its a reason for my question. Can you please answer it for me?

Based on how they're portrayed, likely to be equals in strength or the gap between them is so minute it doesn't matter one way or the other. Barring stuff like amps/how confident Glads is on the norm/etc.

carver9
Based on how they're portrayed, likely to be equals in strength or the gap between them is so minute it doesn't matter one way or the other.

The only reason I ask that was due to the fact tha Black Adam one shotted MM with a solid punch and I could picture Gladiator doing the same thing.

JakeTheBank
The only reason I ask that was due to the fact tha Black Adam one shotted MM with a solid punch and I could picture Gladiator doing the same thing.

Yeah, that is possible, sure. But it's more likely that JLA play the numbers and tactics game and dispatch their foes quickly. And all things considered, I would imagine Gladiator and Clark square off due to the likelihood of each of them considering the other to be the biggest threat.

PillarofOsiris
Superman and Hal are all the JLA need to win this.

The Nuul
Glads solos.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Superman and Hal are all the JLA need to win this.

Now this is nonsense. Hal isn't taking on 3 Heralds by himself.

carver9
Yeah, that is possible, sure. But it's more likely that JLA play the numbers and tactics game and dispatch their foes quickly. And all things considered, I would imagine Gladiator and Clark square off due to the likelihood of each of them considering the other to be the biggest threat.

Can't argue with that.

Prep-Man
jla.

BattleMage
Which JLA member can stop a bubble in there brain?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by BattleMage
Which JLA member can stop a bubble in there brain?

Hal Jordan and his shields, probably J'onn, Flash, Diana and Clark all move far too fast to get a lock on their brains.

Sirius77
JLA Stomp.

Bentley
Originally posted by Sirius77
JLA Stomp.

TricksterPriest
Excuse me? How is this a fight? 2 of these guys are low heralds. Every JLAer is at least a high herald in ability. And some are only ranked mid due to status.

Quasar is the only big gun on team 1. Gladiator just doensn't have the juice to take on these guys. Any single member of team 2 could potentially take out team 1. Quasar alone might not fall, but I'm not sure of his combat speed, something team 2 has in spades. It's a complete mismatch.

Ronan and Skrull aren't even in the same weight class.

-Pr-
Now this is nonsense. Hal isn't taking on 3 Heralds by himself.

but Gladiator is?

You jest, silly.

Bentley
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Excuse me? How is this a fight? 2 of these guys are low heralds. Every JLAer is at least a high herald in ability. And some are only ranked mid due to status.

Quasar is the only big gun on team 1. Gladiator just doensn't have the juice to take on these guys. Any single member of team 2 could potentially take out team 1. Quasar alone might not fall, but I'm not sure of his combat speed, something team 2 has in spades. It's a complete mismatch.

Ronan and Skrull aren't even in the same weight class.

Don't worry, Quasar now has nanosecond reaction times, so he may hang with them. Team 1 is sorely stomped though.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Don't worry, Quasar now has nanosecond reaction times, so he may hang with them. Team 1 is sorely stomped though.

Everybody has a nanosecond feat. Not impressive anymore.

Bentley
Everybody has a nanosecond feat. Not impressive anymore.

Yeah, maybe you'd like to put some scans from either Ronan or Super Skrull with such feats :/

carver9
Yeah, maybe you'd like to put some scans from either Ronan or Super Skrull with such feats :/

Possibly but I can also put some scans up of Thor with his nanosecond feats but still getting blitzed by mongoose (and admitted that mongoose was hard to hit) along with Wolverine blitzing him, etc, etc...

The list goes on...

Everyone has it, hell, Ironman has it but continuously get blitzed by Spiderman and admitted that Wolverine speed was unmatched.

The ONLY time anything regarding nano seconds should be impressive IMO is when it is used during a combat situation.

Surfer also has nano second speed feat but off of his board, I wouldn't go around saying that he'll blitz Hulk and Doomsday.

keiththegreat
By the time Superman finishes mopping up the universe with Gladiator, the rest of the JLA has crushed the rest of this team.

JLA curbstomp of epic proportions.

carver9
Originally posted by keiththegreat
By the time Superman finishes mopping up the universe with Gladiator, the rest of the JLA has crushed the rest of this team.

JLA curbstomp of epic proportions.

Or it could go the other way around buddy. Planet crushing strength mixed with being a martial artist along with his other powerset... not a good choice to solo imo.

PillarofOsiris
Wait a minute now, there are people out there who think Gladiator is > a Pre-crisis Kryptonian, even though his most impressive feat is punching through a planet of unknown size in several punches, and surviving part of a supernova (even though modern day Superman has taken an explosion equal to 50 supernovas).

Bentley
Possibly but I can also put some scans up of Thor with his nanosecond feats but still getting blitzed by mongoose (and admitted that mongoose was hard to hit) along with Wolverine blitzing him, etc, etc...

The list goes on...

Everyone has it, hell, Ironman has it but continuously get blitzed by Spiderman and admitted that Wolverine speed was unmatched.

The ONLY time anything regarding nano seconds should be impressive IMO is when it is used during a combat situation.

Surfer also has nano second speed feat but off of his board, I wouldn't go around saying that he'll blitz Hulk and Doomsday.

So you want to counter the importance of speed feats by lowballing?

carver9
Wait a minute now, there are people out there who think Gladiator is > a Pre-crisis Kryptonian, even though his most impressive feat is punching through a planet of unknown size in several punches, and surviving part of a supernova (even though modern day Superman has taken an explosion equal to 50 supernovas).

Pushing an asteroid that was blocking a star lane with ease. The planet he destroyed had at least 8 moons... wasnt small at all buddy. Flying 100 times the speed of light. Toying with top tiers like masterson and nova. Spending a long period of time in a star HOURS (remember, he isn't powered by a star) swimming 100 million miles.

Some of these feats mention NOONE really has them (referring to a single person). He is high up the food chain... he is just ignored by a lot of posters.

carver9
So you want to counter the importance of speed feats by lowballing?

Its not lowballing at all. What I am telling you is a nano second speed feat (which was never shown during combat) is overated. If character "a" say that character "b" is too fast for them, do we ignore this because character "a" has a nano second feat? OMG.

If I make a Surfer vs Hulk fist fight match and put up the nano second feat, do you think people would vote for Surfer due to a speed blitz.

Can you show me Ironman, Quasar, or Thor using this nano second speed during combat?

All of this is common sense Bently.

PillarofOsiris
And how big were the moons? Moons can be the size of a TINY asteroid. Mars has 2 moons, and Mars is smaller than the Earth. Venus has no moons, and its far bigger than Mars. Pluto has a moon, and pluto is smaller than many moons of bigger planets.

that said, we have a very solid feat from Superman, with the Maggedon feat. That was the size of 300+ earths.

Toying with Masterson? The last time I checked an inexperienced and underconfident Masterson was throwing Glad's unconscious body into a wormhole.

PillarofOsiris
I'll give Gladiator some credit, but comparing his feats to superman is a losing proposition.

Bentley
Its not lowballing at all. What I am telling you is a nano second speed feat (which was never shown during combat) is overated. If character "a" say that character "b" is too fast for them, do we ignore this because character "a" has a nano second feat? OMG.

If I make a Surfer vs Hulk fist fight match and put up the nano second feat, do you think people would vote for Surfer due to a speed blitz.

Can you show me Ironman, Quasar, or Thor using this nano second speed during combat?

All of this is common sense Bently.

Quasar reacted to an attack using shields with nanosecond reaction times, everywhere you look, that counts as a "battle speed feat", they are reactions; if you are capable of reacting to those speeds, we should assume you will do it in the forums by the rule "Characters fight to the best of their abilities".

That rule is very important, are you saying that Quasar cannot react in nanoseconds when he has done it before?

carver9
And how big were the moons? Moons can be the size of a TINY asteroid. Mars has 2 moons, and Mars is smaller than the Earth. Venus has no moons, and its far bigger than Mars. Pluto has a moon, and pluto is smaller than many moons of bigger planets.

that said, we have a very solid feat from Superman, with the Maggedon feat. That was the size of 300+ earths.

Toying with Masterson? The last time I checked an inexperienced and underconfident Masterson was throwing Glad's unconscious body into a wormhole.

Superman was an engine to a machine. Nothing more, nothing less. That's like me saying that the humans that was on the left and right of Superman that was aiding in pulling the engine "with" Superman is stronger than Hulk. How much weight were Supes pulling? We really don't know unless we guess.

The planet was big... that's all we need to know and what else we need to know is that no one on the JLA has shown that they can destroy a planet unless we go by statements.

Gladiator bea the hell out of masterson and while masterson was on the ground defeated, with a laughing gladiator standing above him, he sneak attack him with a lightning bolt.

PillarofOsiris
If you've never seen Superman destroy a planet, my suggestion would be to start reading some more DC comics.

carver9
Quasar reacted to an attack using shields with nanosecond reaction times, everywhere you look, that counts as a "battle speed feat", they are reactions; if you are capable of reacting to those speeds, we should assume you will do it in the forums by the rule "Characters fight to the best of their abilities".

That rule is very important, are you saying that Quasar cannot react in nanoseconds when he has done it before?

What I am telling you is that its overated. Thats what I am saying. After this nano second feat Quasar WILL get blitzed. Its just how it is and even though he has this nano second feat, there are people out ther that is just much faster than him.

Martian Manhunter doesn't have a nano second speed feat under his belt but I would go as far as to say he is faster than quasar. I don't think Wonder Woman has a statement like that either along with Black Adam and Captain Marvel BUT imo, they are faster than him.

carver9
If you've never seen Superman destroy a planet, my suggestion would be to start reading some more DC comics.

Help a brother out.

Show me.

Bentley
What I am telling you is that its overated. Thats what I am saying. After this nano second feat Quasar WILL get blitzed. Its just how it is and even though he has this nano second feat, there are people out ther that is just much faster than him.

Martian Manhunter doesn't have a nano second speed feat under his belt but I would go as far as to say he is faster than quasar. I don't think Wonder Woman has a statement like that either along with Black Adam and Captain Marvel BUT imo, they are faster than him.

It's not overrated, it's the rules. I haven't said Quasar will be faster than team 2, I just said he can hang.

carver9
It's not overrated, it's the rules. I haven't said Quasar will be faster than team 2, I just said he can hang.

Besides the one nano second feat, what other speed feats does quasar have because I could easily just say that Gladiator would blitz the JLA at 100 times the speed of light if we are going by "one time showings".

Bentley
Besides the one nano second feat, what other speed feats does quasar have because I could easily just say that Gladiator would blitz the JLA at 100 times the speed of light if we are going by "one time showings".

You could say that, it would be an argument that could actually be defended unlike the many against-the-rules-lowballs that you throw most of the time.

You know that you'd run into the fact that it isn't a fighting speed feat while Quasar is, so...

carver9
You could say that, it would be an argument that could actually be defended unlike the many against-the-rules-lowballs that you throw most of the time.

You know that you'd run into the fact that it isn't a fighting speed feat while Quasar is, so...

But its a bull rush feat that no one on the opposing team would be able to react to. By the way, the rules has changed. A feat has to happen at least 3 times for it to be used in a forum debate. A character doing something once isn't a usuable feat unless you think Wolverine can move 1200 mps since he did keep pace with a running speed demon.

Bentley
But its a bull rush feat that no one on the opposing team would be able to react to. By the way, the rules has changed. A feat has to happen at least 3 times for it to be used in a forum debate. A character doing something once isn't a usuable feat unless you think Wolverine can move 1200 mps since he did keep pace with a running speed demon.

That rule is for abilities that aren't included in the respective powerset of the characters, not their high end feats. But if you're right, well, I'm sure Bada will come in any minute to say you're right.

carver9
That rule is for abilities that aren't included in the respective powerset of the characters, not their high end feats. But if you're right, well, I'm sure Bada will come in any minute to say you're right.

Naah, Bada can't stand me so I'm pretty sure he will disagree.

Happy Dance

I'm just going by what was discussed with Darth and Pr.

iceman24567
Yup Bentley is correct that rule was about abilities or standard gear and such

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yup Bentley is correct that rule was about abilities or standard gear and such

Of course you would agree with Bently.

leonidas
the whole glads> superman thing is so tiresome.....

anyway, jla have greater power, greater speed, greater tp, greater magic, greater sense of teamwork and (because apparently these advantages weren't enough already) also greater numbers.

but it's NOT a stomp?

no expression

jla 100/10

iceman24567
I agree because its true and a couple of weeks ago I was explaining the same rule to Lordofmurder regarding Galactus and the Un I believe the rule was created because of the Thanos force block thing.Originally posted by carver9
Of course you would agree with Bently. Really carver you should have just taken the mans word on the subject your memory is horrible

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
I agree because its true and a couple of weeks ago I was explaining the same rule to Lordofmurder regarding Galactus and the Un I believe the rule was created because of the Thanos force block thing. Really carver you should have just taken the mans word on the subject your memory is horrible

I'm still not taking Bently word for that topic.

iceman24567
I'm still not taking Bently word for that topic. Yeah well your stubborness has no limits erm

rotiart
Quasar solos...

:-)
Cause I say so!

Sirius77

The list goes on...

I like it how you use instances of jobbing and PIS to prove a point.

You actually think that Thor, someone who has fought everyone from heralds to skyfathers being blitzed by MONGOOSE is actually a valid example? erm

Also, stop using wolverine to prove a character's inferiority. He's just as bad as batman at making superior opponents job.

rotiart
But anyways. Of the annihilators everyone is ranked as an alpha plus... Except poor Ronan. Lol.

I wish I could vote team quasar but it just isn't happening. :-(

Badabing
Carver. you are wrong. Don't make me tell you again. Or I can ask Pr what he thinks!

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver. you are wrong. Don't make me tell you again. Or I can ask Pr what he thinks!

I told you Bently.

I guess I misunderstood the rules then.

Can you please explain the 3 time rule for me... any mod.

Parmaniac
Can you please explain the 3 time rule for me... any mod. the 3 time rule is kinda flawed anyways, it more or less says if a character does something 3 times it's legit and not somekind of 1 time PIS power. BUT if you have charcters like Morlun that have like 15 Apperaences as a whole I think this rule fails.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
the 3 time rule is kinda flawed anyways, it more or less says if a character does something 3 times it's legit and not somekind of 1 time PIS power. BUT if you have charcters like Morlun that have like 15 Apperaences as a whole I think this rule fails.

That's what I thought but is this seperated from different abilities like super speed or is it based upon output of power and versatility?

Bentley
That's what I thought but is this seperated from different abilities like super speed or is it based upon output of power and versatility?

The best answer that I can offer is related with CIS and powersets. Is it possible for Thor to hold back and move slower than Wolverine on Average? Considering we know Thor hold backs a lot, it's feasible; can he really get nanosecond reactions? He might, given that he's quite powerful. In Thor's case, if he had nanosecond feats, it wouldn't be such a stretch for him to showcase high superspeed and yet not act in those levels through most of his career.

Another example: Take Super Skrull, he has done his "bubble into the brain/body" about two times, yet, given his powerset and his personality, it's entirely feasible for he to do so; it's a viable tactics in the forums too.

New powers unrelated with a characters powerset tends to fall outside those considerations and should be considered unusable more often than not. Most of these things are meant to be consensus, keep that in mind too, we're not setting how a character works in stone; instead we're discussing how we used them in this forum.

carver9
The best answer that I can offer is related with CIS and powersets. Is it possible for Thor to hold back and move slower than Wolverine on Average? Considering we know Thor hold backs a lot, it's feasible; can he really get nanosecond reactions? He might, given that he's quite powerful. In Thor's case, if he had nanosecond feats, it wouldn't be such a stretch for him to showcase high superspeed and yet not act in those levels through most of his career.

Another example: Take Super Skrull, he has done his "bubble into the brain/body" about two times, yet, given his powerset and his personality, it's entirely feasible for he to do so; it's a viable tactics in the forums too.

New powers unrelated with a characters powerset tends to fall outside those considerations and should be considered unusable more often than not. Most of these things are meant to be consensus, keep that in mind too, we're not setting how a character works in stone; instead we're discussing how we used them in this forum.

Are you SURE this is your final answer? If so, this will help on a debate that we had a couple of months back.

Bentley
Are you SURE this is your final answer? If so, this will help on a debate that we had a couple of months back.

It's the best answer I can offer, feel free to pwn me with it cool

carver9
It's the best answer I can offer, feel free to pwn me with it cool

Lol... I am about to PM you.

-Pr-

the rules say nothing of the sort, unless digi was at the crack again.

Badabing
I told you Bently.

I guess I misunderstood the rules then.

Can you please explain the 3 time rule for me... any mod. Yes, 3 warnings = a ban. biscuits

stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
the rules say nothing of the sort, unless digi was at the crack again.

I dont think you are understanding what I am saying.

carver9
Yes, 3 warnings = a ban. biscuits

stick out tongue

Lol... D***

That kind of hurt my feelings.

laughing

-Pr-
I dont think you are understanding what I am saying.

Then please, enlighten me.

Badabing
Lol... D***

That kind of hurt my feelings.

laughing vinOriginally posted by -Pr-
Then please, enlighten me. What are we talking about? Somebody asked me to tell Carver he was wrong. And I did, without reading the thread. I admit I went with the odds.

stick out tongue

Seriously, what is this about?

carver9
Then please, enlighten me.

It was a while back... you and darth was debating and you ask darth how many times Surfer has done this (forgot what it was) and Darth said "once". You then tell Darth something along the lines of a "one time showing"... him not using this ability again which could be a offset on his powers.

Then you said that you and Bada was talking about changing the rules a bit... something has to happen at least 3 times for it to be a common power of the character.

Do you remember this?

carver9
vin What are we talking about? Somebody asked me to tell Carver he was wrong. And I did, without reading the thread. I admit I went with the odds.

stick out tongue

Seriously, what is this about?

Lol... read above.

I hope I am not wrong... I feel like doing the hussle all through my apt proving Benlty wrong.

-Pr-
It was a while back... you and darth was debating and you ask darth how many times Surfer has done this (forgot what it was) and Darth said "once". You then tell Darth something along the lines of a "one time showing"... him not using this ability again which could be a offset on his powers.

Then you said that you and Bada was talking about changing the rules a bit... something has to happen at least 3 times for it to be a common power of the character.

Do you remember this?

So that's exactly what I thought you meant.

Generally yes, a feat has to happen more than once for it to be accepted, IF it's outside of the character's established power level.

If it's within their ability already, it doesn't really matter.

Sin I AM
lol at Ronan and SS....JLA stomp

carver9
So that's exactly what I thought you meant.

Generally yes, a feat has to happen more than once for it to be accepted, IF it's outside of the character's established power level.

If it's within their ability already, it doesn't really matter.

So I was right this entire time.

This is what I was aying. I know you all hate when I am right but this is something that no one can prevent.

wink

-Pr-

This is what I was aying. I know you all hate when I am right but this is something that no one can prevent.

wink

What did I tell you about surfing these forums while smoking crack?

carver9
What did I tell you about surfing these forums while smoking crack?

LOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOL (can't breath, laughing to hard). HILARIOUS.

Good one. I needed this laugh (even though I was speaking the truth).

-Pr-
Of course you were. And those brownies had no extra ingredients.

carver9
Of course you were. And those brownies had no extra ingredients.

laughing

I'm not clicking back on this thread.

-Pr-
you're just afraid Bentley will embarass you again.

carver9
you're just afraid Bentley will embarass you again.

Lol.. you just helped me embarrass Bently. I have taken 3 pictures of this event. I rarely if EVER ge you to agree with me and I know it will not happen again.

I'm going to bookmark this page.

Pr agreeing with me... can't believe it.

Happy Dance

-Pr-
Lol.. you just helped me embarrass Bently. I have taken 3 pictures of this event. I rarely if EVER ge you to agree with me and I know it will not happen again.

I'm going to bookmark this page.

Pr agreeing with me... can't believe it.

Happy Dance

Actually, you agreed with me, by referencing an old post of mine.

And you still could be wrong.

Badabing
Pr likes to toy with his prey before he goes in for the kill. biscuits

PillarofOsiris
Help a brother out.

Show me.

Go check his respect thread. But off the top of my head there was the fight between weakened Superman and Zod where a planet was destroyed as a by product of their fight...i.e., he wasn't even TRYING to break the planet, and then there were 2 recent examples of rather large moons that superman destroyed. (uninhabited of course).

carver9
Actually, you agreed with me, by referencing an old post of mine.

And you still could be wrong.

OMG

-Pr-
Go check his respect thread. But off the top of my head there was the fight between weakened Superman and Zod where a planet was destroyed as a by product of their fight...i.e., he wasn't even TRYING to break the planet, and then there were 2 recent examples of rather large moons that superman destroyed. (uninhabited of course).

that zod one won't count, but he's still stronger than gladiator by a considerable margin. the feats support this.

Pr likes to toy with his prey before he goes in for the kill. biscuits

mmm

carver9
that zod one won't count, but he's still stronger than gladiator by a considerable margin. the feats support this.

mmm

Lol... PR.

You just took away from me owning him.

I still need to post some Glad feats for you. I have plans on doing a posting feats against Nihilist since he keeps challenging me. Its going to be on Supes and Gladiator.

This will change a lot on KMC depending on the winner.

I have been gathering scans.

PillarofOsiris
lol @ owning me. How does it not count when Superman isn't even trying to destroy the planet? and they were under a RED SUN, and hitting EACH OTHER. They weren't even hitting the planet.

Your best evidence for Gladiator being stronger than Superman is him destroying a planet of unknown size and your claiming its big because it has "8 moons" even though we don't even know they are moons, and even if they are, Pluto has 1 moon and Pluto is even smaller than our moon. Mars (2 moons) is smaller than Venus (no moons). And based on the appearance of those moons in the Gladiator example, they barely look bigger than Gladiator himself.

Oh, did you also know there is a TINY ASTEROID in our asteroid belt with a "moon" rotating around it?

Basically, your argument for its size is: "Its big, trust me".

But considering that Gladiator is a space faring guy, who's usually portrayed as an enemy, its funny that his best planet-busting feat is destroying a planet of unknown size.

Whereas Superman, being mainly based on Earth, and a GOOD GUY, has much better planet busting/moon busting, planet moving feats.

But even if you want to ignore the Superman/Zod example, please, by all means show me a scan of Gladiator shattering reality with the SHOCKWAVE OF HIS PUNCHES.

Sin I AM
im sooo sick of the glads wankage, Carver, where are these scans of his greatness

-Pr-
Lol... PR.

You just took away from me owning him.

I still need to post some Glad feats for you. I have plans on doing a posting feats against Nihilist since he keeps challenging me. Its going to be on Supes and Gladiator.

This will change a lot on KMC depending on the winner.

I have been gathering scans.

Except that you forget one glaring, massive point: I've read most of Gladiator's stuff too.

lol @ owning me. How does it not count when Superman isn't even trying to destroy the planet? and they were under a RED SUN, and hitting EACH OTHER. They weren't even hitting the planet.

Your best evidence for Gladiator being stronger than Superman is him destroying a planet of unknown size and your claiming its big because it has "8 moons" even though we don't even know they are moons, and even if they are, Pluto has 1 moon and Pluto is even smaller than our moon. Mars (2 moons) is smaller than Venus (no moons). And based on the appearance of those moons in the Gladiator example, they barely look bigger than Gladiator himself.

Oh, did you also know there is a TINY ASTEROID in our asteroid belt with a "moon" rotating around it?

But considering that Gladiator is a space faring guy, who's usually portrayed as an enemy, its funny that his best planet-busting feat is destroying a planet of unknown size.

Whereas Superman, being mainly based on Earth, and a GOOD GUY, has much better planet busting/moon busting, planet moving feats.

But even if you want to ignore the Superman/Zod example, please, by all means show me a scan of Gladiator shattering reality with the SHOCKWAVE OF HIS PUNCHES.

the zod/zuperman one won't count because the planet itself had a special connection to both men.

there are better feats anyway.

carver9

Somebody help him... OMG.

Superman and zod was connected to the planet.

carver9
Except that you forget one glaring, massive point: I've read most of Gladiator's stuff too.

mad

Black bolt z
mad Poor Carver. Not the brightest here but easily the prettiest.

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Poor Carver. Not the brightest here but easily the prettiest.

I get no love at all... sad

Now blackbolt is against me.

PillarofOsiris

Black bolt z
I get no love at all... sad

Now blackbolt is against me. I called you pretty didn't I? Isn't that enough? or do you want me to listen to your problems?

carver9

PillarofOsiris
Lolololol...

Its pointless to post anything regarding what you just posted. All of your scans (90% of them...) comes with a plot.

don't ALL scans "comes with a plot"?

JakeTheBank
Lol

carver9
don't ALL scans "comes with a plot"?

Depends... I'm referring to your scans having nothing to do with what you are saying and you can't compare the two (gladiator feats and your scans).

Example... you stated that Superman tanked a blast that had enough power t shed a galaxy... in your scan it states that the only thing that hit him was the shock waves and the blast came at him at light speed and he out paced it.

The rest of your scans also comes with the same plot... nothing what you are implying.

JakeTheBank
Carver...

The guy showed a vast amount of scans for both Glads and Supes, scans which demonstrate their ability/power. What more do you want?

carver9
Carver...

The guy showed a vast amount of scans for both Glads and Supes, scans which demonstrate their ability/power. What more do you want?

And I am proud of him for doing that... I was actually impressed when he did that.

I'm not saying that he did a bad job, he actually did very good but I can go through each of them and give reasons on why they are not comparable to each other.

He did good sorting them out and in a hour in a half from now... I am going to debate and post scans proving my case (he is challenging me).

But good job pillar.

PillarofOsiris
I'm sure all the Gladiator scans have no "plot" though.

carver9
I'm sure all the Gladiator scans have no "plot" though.

I'm not going to post the ones with plot and by the way, the scan where Gladiator breaks through the bands that was holding his hands together...the one with Quasar... Those bands were the bands of Cyttorak.

Bentley

wink

Except, as I said, it's feasible for Quasar to use super speed given that he's a cosmic high herald awesome character who has gone faster than light his entire career. wink

carver9
Except, as I said, it's feasible for Quasar to use super speed given that he's a cosmic high herald awesome character who has gone faster than light his entire career. wink

Space flight?

Bentley
Space flight?

Yep, but superspeed is the same power than superspeed, Quasar wasn't inventing a new one when he used reaction speed, we only consider it something different because travel speed tends to be related with the plot most of the time; in Quasar's case is more than just random plot, since he's a space faring character.

-Pr-
Carver...

Too easy. mmm

leonidas
methinks this should have been taken to the supes/glads thread. pillar you should post that stuff in that thread. it was well done. won't convince anyone who already has their mind made up, but someone who genuinely isn't sure might be able to look at it rationally and see that what is pretty obvious to most.

jla still stomp in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.