Chaos King vs Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who takes it?

TricksterPriest
I really don't like the character. I consider him a pale imitation of Darkseid. That being said............The IG and Thanos using it have solid feats. Far more than the Chaos King. Infinity Gauntlet takes it handily.

rotiart
BAsed upon actual feats? Ig Wins hands down for me

Black bolt z
Been done before.

And Thanos.

quanchi112
Do I even have to say it ?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do I even have to say it ? laughing out loud

Theres the quan we all know and sometime, somewhat like having around...love.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I really don't like the character. I consider him a pale imitation of Darkseid. That being said............The IG and Thanos using it have solid feats. Far more than the Chaos King. Infinity Gauntlet takes it handily.
More like Thanos is what Darkseid should have been. When Darkseid starts some shit Superman can usually take care of it all by himself. When Thanos sets his mind to something it usually takes an army of super powered characters from all over the Marvel universe to stop him and even then when he looses it's usually because he handicaps himself like he did in the Infinite Gauntlet.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Brockalizer
More like Thanos is what Darkseid should have been. When Darkseid starts some shit Superman can usually take care of it all by himself. When Thanos sets his mind to something it usually takes an army of super powered characters from all over the Marvel universe to stop him and even then when he looses it's usually because he handicaps himself like he did in the Infinite Gauntlet. ..........Do shut up. I do not like dealing with ignorant-ass trolls, so I'll be brief. Starlin ripped off the great Jack Kirby when he made Thanos.

Darkseid isn't always written well, but when he is, he demonstrates a shakespearian greatness and grandeur befitting a villain of his stature. Thanos is a usurper of vast powers, Darkseid earned his. Clearly you have not seen that DS is involved in, or been a part of most of the major DC crisises. He was instrumental in the downfall of the Anti-Monitor, the godwave resolution, Imperiex Prime, etc. His plans are grandiose and more importantly, they rely on not just manipulation, but an understanding of the concept and psyche of the heroes involved. Superman has a status unlike anyone else in comics. And only once, just once, has he ever beaten Darkseid without outside interference or mitigating circumstances.

Show me one, just one, plan of Thanos is equal to Rock of Ages. Or the Death and Return of Bruce Wayne. Or his taking the Omega Force for himself from it's destined wielder, his own brother Drax, who was wearing armor to protect himself, whereas Uxas leapt in with no protective clothing. Or his idea of destroying the concept of heroes in Legends.

I won't bother with Final Crisis or Seven Soldiers, since you're obviously too brain dead to actually understand the scope of his plans.

Sirius77
Damn. Lol little much Trick?

Omega Vision
Lol at Trick taking Brock seriously.

Anyway, Thanos wins this.

AlmightyKfish
Thanos ftw

bagsikdangal101
Just wondering how the Infinity Gems will affect the very being(CK) it might have came from who represents the Void and non-existence in the beginning of the Marvel Universe/Multiverse.Here's a scan of what I mean.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/28671/1528541-1526798_ibexplanation1_super_super.jpg

Here's FVL and GP's description of the Chaos King.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/chaos-war-from-the-field-1-101015.html

It seems in the beginning there was no Marvel Universe/Multiverse.And The Chaos King is the only thing that existed which is non existence.That changed with the movement of TOAA to start creation.And CK's power was shattered.I don't think the IG will affect CK since he represents Nothingness in the beginning since it didn't affect Oblivion(Nothingness in the end).Although I think Thanos with HOTI would pawn CK since he did pawn LT who was second to God.LT would pawn CK as well.

King Kandy
Thanos is a usurper of vast powers, Darkseid earned his.

Or his taking the Omega Force for himself from it's destined wielder, his own brother Drax, who was wearing armor to protect himself, whereas Uxas leapt in with no protective clothing.
lol

Eternal Idol
Thanos ftw.

rotiart
Seriously. We use twitter accounts and Crud like that instead of comics to debate now?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol at Trick taking Brock seriously.

Anyway, Thanos wins this. That was for Quan and the other Thanos *****-boys.

Kandy: You're going to tell me that's not an incredibly badass way to earn your powers? They were destined for Drax, Uxas shouldn't have survived that, especially without the protective armor.

quanchi112
That was for Quan and the other Thanos *****-boys.

Kandy: You're going to tell me that's not an incredibly badass way to earn your powers? They were destined for Drax, Uxas shouldn't have survived that, especially without the protective armor. I'm flattered.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by bagsikdangal101
Just wondering how the Infinity Gems will affect the very being(CK) it might have came from who represents the Void and non-existence in the beginning of the Marvel Universe/Multiverse.Here's a scan of what I mean.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/28671/1528541-1526798_ibexplanation1_super_super.jpg

Here's FVL and GP's description of the Chaos King.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/chaos-war-from-the-field-1-101015.html

It seems in the beginning there was no Marvel Universe/Multiverse.And The Chaos King is the only thing that existed which is non existence.That changed with the movement of TOAA to start creation.And CK's power was shattered.I don't think the IG will affect CK since he represents Nothingness in the beginning since it didn't affect Oblivion(Nothingness in the end).Although I think Thanos with HOTI would pawn CK since he did pawn LT who was second to God.LT would pawn CK as well. Its called Marvel continuity sucks. I assume your implying that CK and infinity being are one and the same.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Its called Marvel continuity sucks. I assume your implying that CK and infinity being are one and the same. Yeah, I can't really add anything to that. thumb up

rotiart
Of course forthat to be true you'd have to ignore the fact that infinity being killed itself... And wanted to die..as it was alone in the void

And chaos king you know... Hated losing the void and wanted to revert everything to it... Because he loves the void

So good job showin two very contradictory accounts!! Nerf

rotiart
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_ChaosWar5025.jpg
Hercules states he saved the UNIVERSE
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_ChaosWar5022.jpg
Athena refers to creation being save. Also calls it a corrupted UNIVERSE
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_ChaosWar5011.jpg
Cho States Galactus is the oldest entity in this UNIVERSE

You can find scans of Cho referring to all this as a "multiverse" but even Athena and hercules state all they saved was the UNIVERSE.

I used comic scans. Not a twitter of fb account as proof. Weird huh?

King Kandy
That was for Quan and the other Thanos *****-boys.

Kandy: You're going to tell me that's not an incredibly badass way to earn your powers? They were destined for Drax, Uxas shouldn't have survived that, especially without the protective armor.
You said Darkseid never usurps his power. That showing is the very definition of "usurping".

Igniz
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Its called Marvel continuity sucks. I assume your implying that CK and infinity being are one and the same.

Its more like a retconned of the Marvel Universe's origins.One could say FVL is saying that even Infinity Being came from CK since his implying what was the Marvel Universe like before creation.A lot of sources in the comics says CK was the beginning of everything in the Marvel Universe.Thrann in Chaos War:Chaos King already said the First Mover brought order in the Void,Darkness and Chaos in the beginning,Hera explains her plans about the Continuum and how everything in the Marvel Universe was formed in Assault on New Olympus,even Gaea said she emerge from the Void,Darkness and Chaos(CK) in Chaos War#4.

Igniz
Originally posted by rotiart
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_ChaosWar5025.jpg
Hercules states he saved the UNIVERSE
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_ChaosWar5022.jpg
Athena refers to creation being save. Also calls it a corrupted UNIVERSE
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_ChaosWar5011.jpg
Cho States Galactus is the oldest entity in this UNIVERSE

You can find scans of Cho referring to all this as a "multiverse" but even Athena and hercules state all they saved was the UNIVERSE.

I used comic scans. Not a twitter of fb account as proof. Weird huh?

Its weird when you don't believe Amadeus Cho's statement of CK destroying 98.76% of the Multiverse and how you say CK only destroyed one Universe and yet now you use his statement to prove Galactus is the Oldest Entity in the Universe to disprove CK is not the oldest Entity in the Marvel Universe or Multiverse?Now you're just net picking.Did you know that Multi-Eternity aka True Eternity represents all of the Multiverse(FFAnnual2001)?Which makes him Multiversal.And the fact the Chaos King was proven an abstract by Eternity(which would still represents Multi-Eternity) in Chaos War#2.There is only one Living Tribunal(which makes him Multiversal).There is only one Abraxas(which also makes him Multiversal).Now can you prove there is a Chaos King from another Universe(unless retconned of course)?FYI there is nothing wrong with asking the writers.Since the writers are the one writing this and they are the ones who could shed some light into what they write.And its funny that you are using the comic that FVL and GP wrote as proof and then complain when someone uses their interview that happens to describe what is happening in the comic event they wrote or how they describes the main baddie in said event as proof.Weird huh?

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL at the notions that the CK was before the IB, and even funnier notion that CK created the IB... There was NO recton at all... zero.. nada.. ziltch...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
You said Darkseid never usurps his power. That showing is the very definition of "usurping". Still more badass. stick out tongue 2nd, Thanos threw away the IG because he felt he was unworthy. He's never been worthy of the power he wields, something DS never had a problem with. And it's not usurping. Not on Apokolips. That's pretty much the only way you get to take over, kill off everyone who's in your way.

rotiart
Originally posted by Igniz
Its weird when you don't believe Amadeus Cho's statement of CK destroying 98.76% of the Multiverse and how you say CK only destroyed one Universe and yet now you use his statement to prove Galactus is the Oldest Entity in the Universe to disprove CK is not the oldest Entity in the Marvel Universe or Multiverse?Now you're just net picking.Did you know that Multi-Eternity aka True Eternity represents all of the Multiverse(FFAnnual2001)?Which makes him Multiversal.And the fact the Chaos King was proven an abstract by Eternity(which would still represents Multi-Eternity) in Chaos War#2.There is only one Living Tribunal(which makes him Multiversal).There is only one Abraxas(which also makes him Multiversal).Now can you prove there is a Chaos King from another Universe(unless retconned of course)?FYI there is nothing wrong with asking the writers.Since the writers are the one writing this and they are the ones who could shed some light into what they write.And its funny that you are using the comic that FVL and GP wrote as proof and then complain when someone uses their interview that happens to describe what is happening in the comic event they wrote or how they describes the main baddie in said event as proof.Weird huh?

I lolled at your entire response. You can't win on the merits so you are trying to use arguments that fly in the face of fact. Fact is Hercules himself stated he restored only a universe. Fact is Athena the goddess of wisdom says they only saved a universe...

Cho is the only one that mentions a multiverse. And he states he was told by Athena he would save the multiverse? But wait he says they only saved the universe... ON PANEL. And I debate with comics. Not reaching out to use wikis or twitter or whatever that people who don't know how to debate have to do. Really. Try and win this argument with scans. You can't. So you pull up bunk arguments that guess what... Unless it'd in a handbook or a comic isn't proven comic continuity.

I lol at you. Better yet.. I quote Monty python
I fart in your general direction!

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL at the notions that the CK was before the IB. he was indeed the void before creation right?

or did IB created the void as well?

Omega Vision
You said Darkseid never usurps his power. That showing is the very definition of "usurping".
The act of usurping Drax's place was how he earned the OE, by committing a Cain and Abel act and betraying his brother for power.

So its usurping and earning.

But Trick is wrong on two counts, first Uxas did have the protective clothing...it became his current distinctive blue outfit (what the hell is Thanos's excuse for his ridiculous getup? stick out tongue) and Drax was never meant to wield the OE, he was too soft for that, Heggra just pretended to groom him for it to build up Uxas' resentment so that Uxas would become the perfect vessel.

rotiart
Thanos with ig... Creates another universe and throws the chaos king in it
For the win. The end.

Omega Vision
Thanos with ig... Creates another universe and throws the chaos king in it
For the win. The end.
Or just summons Hercules.

TricksterPriest
The act of usurping Drax's place was how he earned the OE, by committing a Cain and Abel act and betraying his brother for power.

So its usurping and earning.

But Trick is wrong on two counts, first Uxas did have the protective clothing...it became his current distinctive blue outfit (what the hell is Thanos's excuse for his ridiculous getup? stick out tongue) and Drax was never meant to wield the OE, he was too soft for that, Heggra just pretended to groom him for it to build up Uxas' resentment so that Uxas would become the perfect vessel.

Uxas wasn't wearing that outfit when he jumped into the infinity pit, he took it off his brother. And as for the destined wielder, ok you might have me there. stick out tongue

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Igniz
Its weird when you don't believe Amadeus Cho's statement of CK destroying 98.76% of the Multiverse and how you say CK only destroyed one Universe and yet now you use his statement to prove Galactus is the Oldest Entity in the Universe to disprove CK is not the oldest Entity in the Marvel Universe or Multiverse? Except that its a well known fact, stated again and again, by multiple characters over the past 30 years, that galactus is the oldest being in the universe.

TricksterPriest
Yeah, Galactus survived the death of the previous universe. That puts him ahead.

Omega Vision
Uxas wasn't wearing that outfit when he jumped into the infinity pit, he took it off his brother. And as for the destined wielder, ok you might have me there. stick out tongue
I'd have to read it again, but I'm pretty sure Uxas had Desaad make him a suit of his own.

I don't remember Uxas having the time to strip Drax of his clothing and put them on while gloating at him. :3

rotiart
I'm in bold. Igniz is not. :P

Its weird when you don't believe Amadeus Cho's statement of CK destroying 98.76% of the Multiverse and how you say CK only destroyed one Universe and yet now you use his statement to prove Galactus is the Oldest Entity in the Universe to disprove CK is not the oldest Entity in the Marvel Universe or Multiverse?

I never said CK wasn't the oldest being in the multiverse

Now you're just net picking.Did you know that Multi-Eternity aka True Eternity represents all of the Multiverse(FFAnnual2001)?Which makes him Multiversal.And the fact the Chaos King was proven an abstract by Eternity(which would still represents Multi-Eternity) in Chaos War#2.

You have nothing to prove that was "multi eternity" or a multiversal being that was referring to the Chaos King. Thats your opinion and nothing else

There is only one Living Tribunal(which makes him Multiversal).There is only one Abraxas(which also makes him Multiversal).

This is true

Now can you prove there is a Chaos King from another Universe(unless retconned of course)?FYI there is nothing wrong with asking the writers. Since the writers are the one writing this and they are the ones who could shed some light into what they write.And its funny that you are using the comic that FVL and GP wrote as proof and then complain when someone uses their interview that happens to describe what is happening in the comic event they wrote or how they describes the main baddie in said event as proof.Weird huh?

Forum Rules:
No Non-canon Sources
An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats.

Igniz
I lolled at your entire response. You can't win on the merits so you are trying to use arguments that fly in the face of fact. Fact is Hercules himself stated he restored only a universe. Fact is Athena the goddess of wisdom says they only saved a universe...

Cho is the only one that mentions a multiverse. And he states he was told by Athena he would save the multiverse? But wait he says they only saved the universe... ON PANEL. And I debate with comics. Not reaching out to use wikis or twitter or whatever that people who don't know how to debate have to do. Really. Try and win this argument with scans. You can't. So you pull up bunk arguments that guess what... Unless it'd in a handbook or a comic isn't proven comic continuity.

I lol at you. Better yet.. I quote Monty python
I fart in your general direction!

Well I can't post scans yet since I'm new.All I'm saying is you shouldn't use scans of the comic that was written by the writer who said CK was the Void,Darkness and Chaos in the beginning to prove that the Chaos King isn't Multiversal or to prove the writer was wrong about CK in the beginning was the Multiverse.I didn't use wiki or posted the interview on here.I only interpret what FVL and GP said in that interview.Since they describe CK was the void,darkness and chaos in the beginning before everything existed in the Marvel Universe.I didn't even know about that interview until now.By the way, it is in continuity.Incredible Hulks#621 was stated after Chaos War which disproves your claim that it is not in continuity.And I did interpret it as a retconned of the origins of the Marvel Universe.Also, didn't Hercules mentioned Multiverse as well in Chaos War#1?Or what about Thor in Chaos War#2 who stated CK threatens Galactus's entire food supply and all of realities?Or how about Silver Surfer's statement on Chaos War:God Squad, who also stated CK threatens all of realities?This are also on panels statement after all.

rotiart
Sorry igniz.... Bags is the one using that stupid quote over and over.

Except the realities argument is the argument over and over that it refers only to one universe as even Hercules and Athena state they save only the universe so which do u go off... Get my point? It's not like they stuck with one phrase through the entire series. They used universe more than multiverse... So who do u o off.. The two times it's mentioned by cho... Or the three times universe is mentioned by the gods...

King Kandy
Still more badass. stick out tongue 2nd, Thanos threw away the IG because he felt he was unworthy. He's never been worthy of the power he wields, something DS never had a problem with. And it's not usurping. Not on Apokolips. That's pretty much the only way you get to take over, kill off everyone who's in your way.
Oh that's nonsense. That is pretty much the definition of usurping. You can't just change the meaning of words to make DS sound cooler.

Thanos felt he was unworthy, DS was unworthy and died in the end, just THOUGHT he was invincible... so just all the more a fool. God itself passed power on to Thanos because in all the omniverse only he had the will and power to control THOTU.

Omega Vision
Oh that's nonsense. That is pretty much the definition of usurping. You can't just change the meaning of words to make DS sound cooler.

Thanos felt he was unworthy, DS was unworthy and died in the end, just THOUGHT he was invincible... so just all the more a fool. God itself passed power on to Thanos because in all the omniverse only he had the will and power to control THOTU.
Pfft. Adam Warlock probably could have done it but the comic didn't go long enough for Starlin to give it to him.

King Kandy
Pfft. Adam Warlock probably could have done it but the comic didn't go long enough for Starlin to give it to him.
The LT removed Warlock's IG because he was too unstable for the power... no way is he going to control THOTU.

TricksterPriest

..........**** you. Unworthy? He ruined the multiverse, he tried to usurp the power of god. And guess what? He almost did it. Thanos WAS TRICKED. He got suckered into it. Besides, TOAA was still more powerful than HOTU.

Thanos accomplished nothing with the HOTU. It was all undone in the end. Darkseid left a lasting legacy. Hell, I don't even think that story is canon to 616. wink

Igniz
Sorry igniz.... Bags is the one using that stupid quote over and over.

Except the realities argument is the argument over and over that it refers only to one universe as even Hercules and Athena state they save only the universe so which do u go off... Get my point? It's not like they stuck with one phrase through the entire series. They used universe more than multiverse... So who do u o off.. The two times it's mentioned by cho... Or the three times universe is mentioned by the gods...

Don't forget Herc mentions this in CW#1 were the August Star of Heaven is a threat to the Multiverse.So that makes it 3-3.Maybe you have a point.Though its hard to imagine every Universe having their own CK.And I guess the origin thing that FVL and GP mentioned put CK in a status that is high.And that maybe the reason for it.I will say that CK destroying 98.76% of the Multiverse is off panel.But there are a lot of worse Off Panel feat.CK after all absorbed the Impossible Man(who displayed the feat of going into the real world after all).And CK did use the powers of other beings he absorbed(Nightmare).So its not really hard to believe CK can go to other Universes.One can say Impossible Man and Nightmare was used as a tool to explain how CK did what he did on the 98.76% of the Multiverse he destroyed/absorbed.

King Kandy
..........**** you. Unworthy? He ruined the multiverse, he tried to usurp the power of god. And guess what? He almost did it. Thanos WAS TRICKED. He got suckered into it. Besides, TOAA was still more powerful than HOTU.

Thanos accomplished nothing with the HOTU. It was all undone in the end. Darkseid left a lasting legacy. Hell, I don't even think that story is canon to 616. wink
So Thanos being the only one in existence who can take the power of God... and Darkseid trying and failing, means DS did a better job. There is nobody in the entire omniverse with Thanos's willpower, this was shown right in the damn comic... so how is he weak willed?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Trick just can't stand the fact that DS can't even take over earth let alone something on the scale to what Thanos has done.

Colossus-Big C

rotiart
@igniz: for one minute read what I am posting.

Hercules states he restored only the universe. Are you challenging what Hercules states in panel he did?

Tazer
Yo.

actually, Thanos accomplished his goal in that story, but it was Marvel Editorial that made the foolish decision to render it canon (cuz ya HAD TO KNOW that "death would be forever final" was gonna be ignored by everybody else......)

Tazer

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Trick just can't stand the fact that DS can't even take over earth let alone something on the scale to what Thanos has done. Pretty much.

Igniz
@igniz: for one minute read what I am posting.

Hercules states he restored only the universe. Are you challenging what Hercules states in panel he did?

Well you did ask me who do I go off to.The 3 times Universe was mentioned or the 2 times Multiverse was mentioned which in reality was mentioned 3 times by ACho and 1 time by Hercules in CW#1.Which I only pointed out.And I only did what your post suggested.

They used universe more than multiverse... So who do u o off.. The two times it's mentioned by cho... Or the three times universe is mentioned by the gods...

I only pointed out what Hercules said in CW#1.Were he said Mikaboshi is a Multiversal Threat.There's nothing wrong with that?Come to think of it, Cho mentioned Multiverse 3 times.

1.The 98.76% that CK destroyed the Multiverse w/c was later confirmed by Hercules himself w/ his Omniscience in CW#4.

2.When he explained about the Continuum being separate from the Multiverse in CW#4.

3.Cho mentioning Athena said he'd save the Multiverse in CW#5.

Over all, Its 4-3 and w/ 1 statement confirmed by Hercules himself.Multiverse was mentioned 4 times over the 3 times Universe was mentioned.

Again, I'm only doing what your post suggested.So don't get mad at me.

-K-M-
As stated many times the 616 universe is refered to as a multiverse as it has pocket universes and dimensions inside of it.

Did we once see an alternate reality? Yes or no?

-K-M-
.....Darkseid hasn't taken over the Earth? I beg to differ

Black bolt z
God itself passed power on to Thanos because in all the omniverse only he had the will and power to control THOTU. Actually it was his experience with ultimate power before that let him wield it. Doom or cap or batman under the same scenario with power would have a strong enough will to do it.

rotiart
@igniz
1. you didn't answer my question.
2. in chaos war #4 cho himself says the universe is ever expanding. then states the continuum is separate from the multiverse then states that the chaos king is going to destroy the universe. all within the same two panels.
3. hercules states if he really focuses he can start to see numbers the way cho sees them. you lied because hercules doesn't confirm its a multiverse thats destroyed.. or 98%... he just states he sees numbers if he focuses.
4. all of hercules power is gained from teh prince of power storyarc... there is no amp ever.

and btw. hercules calls chaos king a threat to the multiverse. He never said the multiverse was destroyed as you claim. he DOES state however that he restored a universe.

keep making claims you can't back up. i'll wait.

Classic NES
So, who takes this?

PillarofOsiris
Thanos in a stomp.

Endless Mike
Thanos, pretty easily...

CK took time to consume part of the multiverse, UN destroyed and recreated it instantly, incomplete IG easily redirected UN

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos, pretty easily...

CK took time to consume part of the multiverse, UN destroyed and recreated it instantly, incomplete IG easily redirected UN

Yeah, I think I may have been WAAAAAY too generous by saying this was only a stomp.

Harbinger
Not much of a battle at all. Thanos in a stomp.

zopzop
Ever since the retcon, Thanos winks CK out of existence.

Sr J-Bieb
Thanos in a stomp either way.

Gayos King was getting rocked by Jerkules with a Gaea amp, and was the other half of Eternity.

Thanos had forced sex with Eternity, and a bunch of other abstract like characters.

JakeTheBank
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/than-power.gif

TheGodKiller
The Mad Titan takes this .

celestialdemon
Thanos fairly easily.

guy222
trufh

Bouboumaster
Thanos spank that ass

basilisk
Although the Chaos War arc was far bigger and more cosmic than Infinity Gauntlet, IG Thanos still wins.

Mr Master
^^^ Yea, remember the LT having to confront CK ...

... remember CK remaking Eternity ...

... remember CK being called God/Supreme being/Master of all reality/
possessing Infinite power ...

... remember CK (with fragmented power) owning the Ultimate Nullifier with a thought,
and like wise merging the entire 616 Universe
with a duplicate entire Universe from well over 100 UniverseS away,
and likewise existing simultaneously across many UniverseS.

smile

... remember CK let off an omni-directional wave of destruction in 616,
and said wave exiting 616 and rippling in all directions across creation
surpassing the END of the Omniverse,
and then actually breaking through into the Beyond Realm (beyond omniverse)
and continue its devastation even there.

... remember CK's power is what originally created ALL the Realities in Marvel.

... remember that's because CK was the previous Almighty Supreme Being,
who was everything, and had all power over all the infinity it was.

----------------------------------------------

A few things to understand as to why it was greater in cosmic scope.

(yes, I'm being sarcastic too) stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by basilisk
Although the Chaos War arc was far bigger and more cosmic than Infinity Gauntlet, IG Thanos still wins.

Based on Greg Pak's wanking , yes .
Based on actual on-panel narratives and illustratives , no .

DTM
The LT removed Warlock's IG because he was too unstable for the power... no way is he going to control THOTU.

See, to me, it didnt look like LT was forceably removing the IG from Warlock, he got Warlock to admit to its removal and seperation, which once he did so, when the gems were seperated and the IG was essentially no more, did LT decree that they would never be used together again (so its clear LT was stronger than the gems seperate, not so much when the IG was whole).

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.