The Weaponer vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
Fight on Qward.

No BFR or battlefield destruction.

Galan007
you mean the weaponer from recent issues of GLC? he'd do extremely well... heck, he'd likely even take some, imo (assuming he is equipped with his white-energy-channeling hammer/shield.)

the guy simultaneously owned ganthet, kyle, john, sora, boodikka, soranik, and hannu with a good deal of ease. that's something even surfer would be hard-pressed to do, me thinks.

MrMind
weaponer

Prep-Man
He could likely turn Surfer's own power against him. I say Weaponer on average.

MrMind
weaponer got feats that surfer cannot surpass yet he lost to sinestro (someone surfer can beat). I'm kinda torned here

Galan007
^ That does nothing but demonstrate how powerful Sinestro has been portrayed as of late. Like I said above, The Weaponer owned very noteworthy Lanterns (including friggin' Ganthet) with the utmost of ease, then Sinestro strolls up and beats him..? Yeah, Sinestro has been dipped in a vat of pure awesomesauce. Nuff said. Surfer beating him in his current 'state' is VERY iffy.

Anywho, that doesn't diminish anything The Weaponer did beforehand.

Prep-Man
Sinestro also owned Mongul. The second brief fight Sinestro had with Weaponer was a little closer. Weaponer actually put up a fight.

MrMind
Originally posted by Galan007
^ That does nothing but demonstrate how powerful Sinestro has been portrayed as of late. Like I said above, The Weaponer owned very noteworthy Lanterns (including friggin' Ganthet) with the utmost of ease, then Sinestro strolls up and beats him..? Yeah, Sinestro has been dipped in a vat of pure awesomesauce. Nuff said.

Anywho, that doesn't diminish anything The Weaponer did beforehand.
I'm not using ABC logic here, just curious, do you think current sinestro can beat surfer?

Galan007
Currently? No.

MrMind
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Sinestro also owned Mongul. The second brief fight Sinestro had with Weaponer was a little closer. Weaponer actually put up a fight.
sinestro owned mongul because of his control on the yellow rings, not because he's more powerful than mongul

MrMind
Currently? No.
how many wins do you think weaponer can get from surfer.

Prep-Man
True, but this is one of the reasons why I don't think absorbing Sinestro's energy would be an option. He has complete control over his power.

Also, I think Sinestro would give Surfer a run for his money. And take some wins.

dmills
Sinestro seemed to infer that the Weaponeer beat Kyle and co because they were caught off guard by his white light.

Galan007
Originally posted by MrMind
how many wins do you think weaponer can get from surfer. Hard to say. A few for sure.

Originally posted by dmills
Sinestro seemed to infer that the Weaponeer beat Kyle and co because they were caught off guard by his white light. Likely so. Even Sinestro was amazed that he was able to channel the white light into his weapons.

But if you look at the actual battle, The Weaponer didn't beat the Lanterns by catching them off guard. He beat them because his weapons were simply more powerful than theirs (hence why his attacks were capable of negating/shattering anything the GL's used against him.) Furthermore, Sinestro also had no idea what The Weaponers weapons were capable of, yet he still beat him quite swiftly (the first time.) Like I said, lately Sinestro has been forged of pure win.

dmills
I took it as he simply was prepped with the right tools to beat most GL's, namely his ability to configure the perfect weapon for the combat situation. But I guess its tomato tomatoe in either case so no biggie.

King Castle
yeh, i chalked it up to his ability to adapt to the emotional spectrum and having knowledge of the energies and being a power ring designer with specific tools and abilities to counter act them.

i dont know if i would say he could do the same to Surfer and his Power Cosmic

Galan007
Originally posted by King Castle
yeh, i chalked it up to his ability to adapt to the emotional spectrum and having knowledge of the energies and being a power ring designer with specific tools and abilities to counter act them.

i dont know if i would say he could do the same to Surfer and his Power Cosmic Do you think the white light can only be used against ring-wielders? No. Lanterns were simply the only beings The Weaponer bothered to pick a fight with, therefore we only saw his weaponry used against them.

But make no mistake, his weapons would work just as well against anyone else. There's no reason to think otherwise. That'd be like saying Sinestro's ring would be ineffectual against Superman, just because he doesn't have a power ring. No bueno.

King Castle
is there any evidence that would make you say that?

Galan007
That'd be like saying Sinestro's ring would be ineffectual against Superman, just because he doesn't have a power ring. No bueno.

King Castle
what would happen if surfer open a black hole?

Galan007
what would happen if surfer open a black hole? Originally posted by john allerdyce
No BFR or battlefield destruction. I'd guess that opening up a black hole anywhere near Qward would violate one (or both) of those stipulations.

King Castle
hmmm.. mhmm

what if he goes intangible?

Galan007
Then he wouldn't be able to cause any damage to Weaponer either. Double-edged sword. durcan

Listen, I'm not saying The Weaponer would take it more times than not. However, someone who can easily trounce Ganthet, Kyle, and John is going to give Surfer a VERY good fight, every single time.

King Castle
SS can still blast and effect his DNA while intangible/..... :P

i saw the fight i just shrugged it off to jobbing but if you guys see it as Weaponer being that bad@$$ than there isnt much to argue.

i just see it like any other hero who fights teams he cant possibly beat yet still looks good doing and even humiliating them even if he/she cant do it in a forum battle due to characters fighting at there best and within personality

Galan007
but if you guys see it as Weaponer being that bad@$$ than there isnt much to argue. That's exactly how I see it. Don't know how it can be viewed otherwise, tbh.

The dude tooled several seasoned Lanterns and a Guardian. He's a beast.

celeyhyga17
you mean the weaponer from recent issues of GLC? he'd do extremely well... heck, he'd likely even take some, imo (assuming he is equipped with his white-energy-channeling hammer/shield.)

the guy simultaneously owned ganthet, kyle, john, sora, boodikka, soranik, and hannu with a good deal of ease. that's something even surfer would be hard-pressed to do, me thinks.

i think it was one of those things in comics where they introduce or reintroduce a character with a grand entrance. they start pwning characters left and right (ie. Red Hulk) then start to get evened out.
Anyways, Surfer for a large majority based on feats. hate to use abc logic, but he did get tooled badly by Sinestro.

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
i think it was one of those things in comics where they introduce or reintroduce a character with a grand entrance. they start pwning characters left and right (ie. Red Hulk) then start to get evened out. Could be. Doesn't really matter though. Feats are feats.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hate to use abc logic, but he did get tooled badly by Sinestro. If that's the only reason you are giving Surfer the win here, then there is no point to discuss this any further, as you clearly have a preconceived notion that Sinestro is inferior to Surfer. If that is in fact the case, then I suggest you read GL v4, and GLC v2. Upon doing so, any gap in power you may have though there was between them will almost certainly vanish.

King Castle
sinestro has always seem inferior to me and i collected some old school stuff from 80'90's...

Feat wise Surfer still shines like a hood ornament on a Bentley

Galan007
sinestro has always seem inferior to me and i collected some old school stuff from 80'90's... Back then I'd agree. Now, not so much.

guy222
weaponer is a beast

sayin that, still like norrin here

King Castle
that's why you da man, Guy 222 cool

celeyhyga17
Could be. Doesn't really matter though. Feats are feats.

If that's the only reason you are giving Surfer the win here, then there is no point to discuss this any further, as you clearly have a preconceived notion that Sinestro is inferior to Surfer. If that is in fact the case, then I suggest you read GL v4, and GLC v2. Upon doing so, any gap in power you may have though there was between them will almost certainly vanish.

nope not the only reason. obviously i did mentioned "the grand entrance syndrome" that is prevalent in comics. I hope u dont think that recent showing by Weaponer puts him close with the Surfer. I guess the Surfer's laundry list of wtf?!?! feats dont mean much to you either. this aint Surfer Vs. Sinestro afterall.

Prep-Man
quardians were already beasts. their weapons can casually knock superman oln his ass. and these are non magic

psycho gundam

the guy simultaneously owned ganthet, kyle, john, sora, boodikka, soranik, and hannu with a good deal of ease. that's something even surfer would be hard-pressed to do, me thinks. they would have beaten him easily if they just took the shield he kept talking about out of his hand.

Bouboumaster
If Sinestro makes him his *****, Surfer do the same thing, but faster.

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
If Sinestro makes him his *****, Surfer do the same thing, but faster.

Norrin <<< Sinestro.

Galan007
^ I agree. I don't think it's a huge gap but I do think current Sinestro has been written so beastly that he could take Surfer.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Sinestro could take current Surfer and win, imo.

Simbon
This is an interesting debate. On the weaponer, I'd say that so far his feats have depended very much on his ability to subvert his opponents' energy constructs, and since Surfer doesn't use constructs, it is difficult to gauge how the fight would go down. I'm inclined to give the weaponer 1-3/10, simply because technology is Norrin's kryptonite, and the weaponer is packing heat in this department.

As for Sinestro, I strongly disagree that even his impressive recent showings put him above Surfer, on account of Surfer's recent showings, his collective feats, and also his excellent track-record against other energy-manipulating characters. On the other hand, I am a bigger surfer fan than a sinestro fan, and surfer's feats are so disparate in terms of power levels (maybe more than any other herald, except PC supes), that it is easy to high or low-ball him.

TricksterPriest
For the record, Qwardian tech has always been pretty damn good. Anybody remember the Void Hound from JLA? Or the tesseract bombs it used on Captain Marvel?

psycho gundam

the guy simultaneously owned ganthet, kyle, john, sora, boodikka, soranik, and hannu with a good deal of ease. that's something even surfer would be hard-pressed to do, me thinks. another thing

i just re-read the fight, a ton of characters would have replicated that beatdown considering how shitty the lanterns (and ganthet) performed. thor/bill/superman/etc would have eaten them for breakfast

if half of the scrutiny hulk gets is applied to that the weaponer wasn't that impressive

surfer also lacks physical weaknesses for weaponer to exploit

Galan007
facepalm

Anyway, I'm sticking to my guns here: Weaponer wouldn't take the majority, but he would certainly take SOME wins. His energy negating/power sapping tech would do very well vs. Surfer... Lets not act like Surfer is immune to such methods.

srsly

OneDumbG0
^ Worked for Quasar, one of the premier energy absorbers in Marvel, after all-

... wait, what?

Naija boy
Surfer wins.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Worked for Quasar, one of the premier energy absorbers in Marvel, after all-

... wait, what? Sorry, I didn't mean power sapping in the sense I think you took it. I was referring to the white-light-net Weaponer used on Ganthet -- the one that turned Ganthet's own powers against him, subsequently immobilizing him.

psycho gundam
surfer could knock him out before he forms that net

weaponer: "shield."

shield: *reconf......

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5189/signalr.th.jpg http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/1474/signal2.th.jpg http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/6920/signal3.th.jpg http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9106/signal4.th.jpg http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6011/signal5.th.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8996/signal6.th.jpg
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/6291/signal7.th.jpg

biscuits

..igurinzzzzzzz*

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007 facepalm Anyway, I'm sticking to my guns here: Weaponer wouldn't take the majority, but he would certainly take SOME wins. His energy negating/power sapping tech would do very well vs. Surfer... Lets not act like Surfer is immune to such methods. srsly

pretty much agree with this.

Galan007
Ah, so now Surfer is going to speedblitz Weaponer via flying in a relatively straight line?

Boy ain't that something. none

psycho gundam
i was joking, but he could easily (he did it there, did it at a slower speed to save shalla-bal, and then the one with the ig among other less famous instances) at his speeds he could do a trip around the planet and still punch/shoot weaponer in the trachea.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1488/surfer.jpg

the lanterns and ganthet must have just finished hotboxing ganthet's van or something, they fought like something was wrong with them.

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the lanterns and ganthet must have just finished hotboxing ganthet's van or something, they fought like something was wrong with them. Not really. They all attacked Weaponer at once, and were collectively owned in the process. They tried using their energy blasts/constructs and such, but they were no match for Weaponer's "adapt and overcome" tech.

psycho gundam
john stewert - i'll just use my "make anything on the fly ring' to make a an assault rifle, that will be enough. the corps could have brought the punisher along and i could have kicked back with a cold one.

boodikka - so i like, put a bubble around him, that should be all right guys? we can all drop our guards now *robot smile*

ganthet - got caught in a goddamned net /dwarf

hanu - got a nice punch in, but then got off-paneled because he was winning

--------

soranik natu- put a gun to his domepiece = the right stuff. she was like "phuck your shield and you giving it commands".

Galan007
You're downplaying that battle. A LOT.

psycho gundam
don't make me post that mess

when hulk beat the non-top tiers, they fought their best, weaponer fought herald levelers that the vision could have styled on in weaponer's place

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
don't make me post that mess To avoid the annoyingly oversized scans you like to post, I'll post the battle for you.

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/2839/glc55004005.th.jpg http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3126/glc55006.th.jpg http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2802/glc55008.th.jpg http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2342/glc55009.th.jpg http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4852/glc55010.th.jpg http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/5568/glc55012.th.jpg http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4746/glc55017.th.jpg

What do I see? I see every Lantern (inc. Ganthet) attempting to stop Weaponer as they would ANY other threat -- but failing in the process. The ONLY Lantern who didn't get the chance to truly attack Weaponer was Ganthet, and that was because Weaponer's tech found him to be the biggest threat, thus he was the first to be dealt with (note that not even he was able to stop the feedback snare.)

Simply put: his tech was more powerful than they were. I think you're downplaying the entire battle in general by making a blanket statement that they were all 'fighting poorly'.

psycho gundam
if any of them were alone they would have performed far more efficiently, john was the most disappointing

Galan007
^ You're just racist. uhuh

Mindset
Looks that way to me too.

psycho gundam
dissapointed as in dashed high hopes

he's better than his performance

i'm racist when it concerns guardians though, seperate water fountains for those motherphukkers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.