Thanos vs DC Badasses gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Thanos has access to all of the individual Infinite gems, but can only use two at a time, so there is no Infinite Gauntlet.

vs

1. Mongul and Mongal
2. Hal Jordan and Guy Gardener with fully powered lantern rings
3. Cyborg Superman and Brainiac
4. Darkseid and Steppenwolf
5. General Zod, Ursa, and Non
6. Superman, Ultraman, and Overman
7. Doomsday-DoS, Doomsday-HP, Doomsday-DDW
8. Superboy Prime
Does he run the gauntlet, or will he be stopped. The fight takes place in the DC Universe, but the gems are just as effective as they would be in the Marvel Universe.

TricksterPriest
.....what is this I don't even.....? This gauntlet is massively screwed up.

SquallX
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Thanos has access to all of the individual Infinite gems, but can only use two at a time, so there is no Infinite Gauntlet.

vs

1. Mongul and Mongal
8. Superboy Prime
Does he run the gauntlet, or will he be stopped. The fight takes place in the DC Universe, but the gems are just as effective as they would be in the Marvel Universe.

1. Loses
2. Loses
3. Any tech Thanos posses is being taking over, by cyborg. Still loses after a long fight.
4. Depends on which Darseid. Does big D allow to amp himself, and Stenpen wolf.
5. Pre Crisis, or post Crisis
6. He loses to them, after a long fight.
7. H/P Doomsday is a beast alone. DOS is not that powerful, and what does DDW stands for.
8. Prime might lose, but not by much.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by SquallX
1. Loses
2. Loses
3. Any tech Thanos posses is being taking over, by cyborg. Still loses after a long fight.
4. Depends on which Darseid. Does big D allow to amp himself, and Stenpen wolf.
5. Pre Crisis, or post Crisis
6. He loses to them, after a long fight.
7. H/P Doomsday is a beast alone. DOS is not that powerful, and what does DDW stands for.
8. Prime might lose, but not by much.
Darkseid can amp himself, and DDW is Doomsday Wars, and Pre Crisis. My bad I should have clarified it.

PillarofOsiris
If I'm understanding this gauntlet correctly, (and I hate to say this), but I don't see how Thanos can lose any of these fights when he has access to any two gems per fight.

JakeTheBank
If Thanos picks any two gems, he clears this.

Simbon
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
If I'm understanding this gauntlet correctly, (and I hate to say this), but I don't see how Thanos can lose any of these fights when he has access to any two gems per fight.

Yes, the stip makes this massive spite in favor of Thanos.

TricksterPriest
I do not believe the gem combination to be enough to defeat Darkseid.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Really?

You don't think Thanos could beat Darkseid with Power + Reality for example?

TricksterPriest
He wouldn't be able to control it. Without the other 5, reality goes out of control. He's not dumb enough to fight with that combo. And DS has reality warping of his own. Not to mention he could stop time, speedblitz, OE the gems away, etc.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Brockalizer
There is lots of potential to have fun with Darkseid. Using only the Soul gem he sends him to the Idyllic Soul world where the endless peace of the realm drives him to suicide. Or uses the reality gem to give himself the Anti-Life Equation, usurps Darkseids free will and has him spend the rest of his life helping little old ladies cross the street, getting cats out of trees, and volunteering his time to help the less fortunate. He could probably do this with the mind and power gems as well.

Brockalizer
Instead of a gauntlet I should have just said think of amusing and creative ways for Thanos to beat these guys, because honestly no one listed really poses much of a threat.

carver9
Without the gem Thanos crushes Darkseid 10/10 with ease.

ares834
BS.

TricksterPriest
There is lots of potential to have fun with Darkseid. Using only the Soul gem he sends him to the Idyllic Soul world where the endless peace of the realm drives him to suicide. Or uses the reality gem to give himself the Anti-Life Equation, usurps Darkseids free will and has him spend the rest of his life helping little old ladies cross the street, getting cats out of trees, and volunteering his time to help the less fortunate. He could probably do this with the mind and power gems as well.

Soul gem? Useless. New God souls are protected by the source.
Reality gem? duplicate the ALE? HA!hysterical How would he know about the ALE in the first place? In any case, trying to do large scale warping would make the gem go out of control. The reality gem cannot be controlled without the other 5. 2nd, the ALE is more powerful than any single gem.

Mind gem? 3 billion Daxamites, by a weakened Darkseid. Or about the fact that Apokolips itself has been shown to run on Darkseid's personal power?

And the power gem has shown nothing on it's own to say Thanos can beat a skyfather. Especially one who has powers that Thanos does not.

Oh, and the japanese? It means: "The world! Stop, o time!" Basically, time stop. GAME OVER. evillaugh

Edit: the japanese is for another thread, ignore that part. The time stop is the main point.

BattleMage
I'll give him the time & power gems for the whole gaunltet.
He then goes on to crush the list!

Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud
And people actually thought I was him at one point. ermmha

Tha C-Master
Tricks is just joking. He is a mastermind.

TricksterPriest
No, I'm not. The gems have never been shown to take on skyfathers solo and win.

Tha C-Master
Ok, I never got your summation on Darkseid.

He's skyfather and Thanos is trans? Am I right?

TricksterPriest
That is correct. Thanos pre-annihilation death. No idea on the new one. Also, Darkseid's true form is abstract.

Brockalizer
The only time I can recall the gems being used against a Sky Father or above was in IG, and they got their asses kicked, but that was all the gems together not one or two individually. The power gem itself gives the wielder access to all the power and energy that does, has, or will ever exist. If Darkseid can be soundly beaten by Superman, then Thanos with the power gem is more than up to the task.

TricksterPriest
Do not bring up Superman. He could beat Thanos too.

psycho gundam
http://i56.tinypic.com/2j12y6f.jpg

TricksterPriest
Superman has taken on people bigger and badder. You cannot claim Thanos will work his ass off for a win.

psycho gundam
so has thanos

MrMind
didn't the hood with some of the gems one-shotted all the avengers?

TricksterPriest
That's the avengers. srug

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by MrMind
didn't the hood with some of the gems one-shotted all the avengers?

He used Space and Power to beat the shit out of Rulk and presumably used Reality or Space to blink away or teleport Iron Man, Steve, and the bulk of the team.

He's going to face Thor with the Time Gem next issue.

MrMind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He used Space and Power to beat the shit out of Rulk and presumably used Reality or Space to blink away or teleport Iron Man, Steve, and the bulk of the team.

isn't that in the avengers series? that's pretty impressive IMO

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by MrMind
isn't that in the avengers series? that's pretty impressive IMO

Yeah, the main Avengers title. It's more of Hood being a power junkie and trying to get his fix.

SquallX

I hope you're joking. Desaad once took control of the Omega Effect, and he nearly went crazy, where as Darkseid has total controlled of it.

TricksterPriest
Yeah, yanking the Omega Force is a very very bad idea. It doesn't work for anyone except Darkseid.

As for the ALE......Thanos isn't the kind of person who can understand it. dur

Brockalizer
Do not bring up Superman. He could beat Thanos too.
Superman vs Thanos would be interesting and could go either way depending on the circumstances. However, Thanos with the Power gem would bend Superman over and make him smell his own *******. Superman does not have unlimited power, the Power gem however not only givens it's owner potentially unlimited power, but also the ability to fight damn near forever.

TricksterPriest
Power gem would probably be an issue. Assuming Superman didn't grab it via speedblitz.

Darkseid is not Superman though.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by SquallX
I hope you're joking. Desaad once took control of the Omega Effect, and he nearly went crazy, where as Darkseid has total controlled of it.
Thanos is not Desaad.

TricksterPriest
He's not controlling the Omega Force. It's well established that no one except Darkseid can use it.

Brockalizer
He's not controlling the Omega Force. It's well established that no one except Darkseid can use it.
Maybe nobody else in the DC universe could control it. If anyone else could it would be Thanos. I'm pretty confident that using the Mind and Power gems together he would allow him the strength if mind and concentration to handle it.

TricksterPriest
It's not something that can be done. The source will not let Thanos control it. Hell, the Omega Force will break him first.

SquallX
Yeah, yanking the Omega Force is a very very bad idea. It doesn't work for anyone except Darkseid.

As for the ALE......Thanos isn't the kind of person who can understand it. dur

You misunderstand my point. Wasn't try to wank the OF.

My point was, he said Thanos with the mind gem could make Darseid go insane. So i give him an example of that not happening through Desaad. Desaad after just a few seconds went crazy after handling said power.

TricksterPriest
Oh. Yeah, driving DS insane isn't going to work. He works on too high a level.

TheTyrant
Doesn't need any of the gems.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

It was reality and power that he used against Rulk and it was pretty heavily implied that it was all the power gem at work in that fight. Under Bendis the individual gems seem highly effective on their own and the Hood could basically do whatever he wanted just by using the reality gem alone, teleporting, transmuting walls, controlling people etc.

iceman24567
Thanos clears it

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
And people actually thought I was him at one point. ermmha I still do sneer

As for the thread, the reality gem is enough he can turn everyone into water. Like Parker Robbins has done to a floor to get rid off the Thing.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Without the gem Thanos crushes Darkseid 10/10 with ease. Originally posted by ares834
BS.
---------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe the gem combination to be enough to defeat Darkseid. Originally posted by ares834
BS.

TricksterPriest
I keep telling you guys. The reality gem goes out of control if you try to use it without the other 5.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Except the hood was doing it. The Gem's seemed to have changed. Or maybe Bendis doesn't know what his doing. Either way, it is what it is.

TricksterPriest
If the gem has been revised with no limits, that's kinda wack, but ok. 2nd, I don't believe it has ever taken on skyfather level power.

Or maybe the Hood hasn't used it enough for it go out of control.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That seems to be the case. Doubt it. If it happens, it will have to be near the end of the story.

So? No one on the list is Skyfather.

TricksterPriest

vs

1. Mongul and Mongal
4. Darkseid (SKYFATHER) and Steppenwolf
8. Superboy Prime

FTFY.

Rage: Are you one of those schmucks who claims DS isn't a skyfather?

quanchi112

As for the ALE......Thanos isn't the kind of person who can understand it. dur Why wouldn't it work for anyone else save Darkseid ?

Why wouldn't Thanos understand the ale ?Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He's not controlling the Omega Force. It's well established that no one except Darkseid can use it. Then prove it.

Nihilist
Clears it with complete ease.

ares834
Originally posted by Black bolt z
---------------------------------------------------------
Hell both work! big grin

KuRuPT Thanosi
I thought this list was going to pose a challenge to Thanos... Clearly I was wrong. I Trick claiming DS is abstract level again? Can we ban based on stupidity? Thanos trashes DS without any gems. With the gems... it takes a mere gesture or thought and DS never existed.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by carver9
Without the gem Thanos crushes Darkseid 10/10 with ease.
ROFLWTFMAOZEDONG

Tazer
Yo.

this is a spite thread: Thanos wouldnt need the gems for most of these, and the fights where he *might* would still be a victory for him.

Tazer

The Return

vs

1. Mongul and Mongal
8. Superboy Prime
He stops at Superboy Prime. Two gems are not going to give Thanos the universe busting power it would take to KO prime. He would need the space gem to keep up with prime but the space gem packs no real power behind it. Reality gem is useless unless used with the other 5 gems.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Return
He stops at Superboy Prime. Two gems are not going to give Thanos the universe busting power it would take to KO prime. He would need the space gem to keep up with prime but the space gem packs no real power behind it. Reality gem is useless unless used with the other 5 gems. It doesn't take universal destroying power to ko Prime.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos beats or is a good match for prime without any gems.. with any two gems it becomes a spite stomp. Prime is crushed with mere gestures.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by The Return
He stops at Superboy Prime. Two gems are not going to give Thanos the universe busting power it would take to KO prime. He would need the space gem to keep up with prime but the space gem packs no real power behind it. Reality gem is useless unless used with the other 5 gems.
I hope that you're joking. The very thought that someone could believe such a thing makes me roll around on the ground laughing so hard I almost wet myself.

King Castle
thanos could solo with any of the gem combination...

the power gem alone will rip apart/halt the power of any one person denying them access.

it could even make himself near invulnerable/impervious to all forms of attack or use it to amplify all his powers by being backed by all the power in all creation.

TricksterPriest
You presume Thanos can unleash the full potential of the gem without the other 5. Scans or GTFO. stfugtfo

Warlord
Thanos clears it for fun if he has 2 gems

Spite in Thanos favour.

just to comment a few things: superman cannot beat thanos, both DS and thanos are very low skyfathers at best, the power gem alone would be enough for thanos to crush DS 100/10 (and vice-versa). death has made Thanos indestructible and as the avatar of Death, he gets "important to the universe" protection from the OE.

Tazer
Yo.

You presume Thanos can unleash the full potential of the gem without the other 5. Scans or GTFO. stfugtfo

isnt that exactly wat he *did* in IG?? I dont recall there being anything which say that U need to other 5 to unleash the full powah of any particular gem..........so, as U state above: scans of GTFO. wink

Tazer

quanchi112
You presume Thanos can unleash the full potential of the gem without the other 5. Scans or GTFO. stfugtfo Since whne does Thanos need gems to pwn Prime ?

Brockalizer

vs

1. Mongul and Mongal
8. Superboy Prime
Lets make this interesting. How about if instead of a gauntlet, its just a regular fight, all of the above vs. Thanos. My money is still on the Mad Titan.

quanchi112
Lets make this interesting. How about if instead of a gauntlet, its just a regular fight, all of the above vs. Thanos. My money is still on the Mad Titan. You're a wonderful edition to the forum.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I can't believe Trick is such a tool at times... With have only the reality gem and time gem ALONE pwning timelines and universes. With no help from any other gem. Yet, in Trick's mind they all have to be working together... WTF

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

isnt that exactly wat he *did* in IG?? I dont recall there being anything which say that U need to other 5 to unleash the full powah of any particular gem..........so, as U state above: scans of GTFO. wink

Tazer He was using the powers of all 5, but not receiving any of the input. Infinite power, but not omniscience.

Black bolt z
Without any gems he stops at 4.

With any 2 he clears it with ridiculous ease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.