Green Lantern vs. Northstar and Aurora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
John Stewart takes on the Beaubier twins.

- Jean-Paul and Jeanne-Marie are blood lusted

- Everyone is in character

- Battle takes place at Asgard

- Winner by knockout, TKO or death.

Who wins and why?

-K-M-
The twins pull a supergirl on John shifty

-Pr-
There's a joke in there somewhere.

-K-M-
There is. John wins......not sure if Aurora's hypnotic light would work

carver9
I don't care what you say KM...

Northstar solos for the high majority 8/10.

He IS too fast for the lantern and I got a thousand examples proving this.

-Pr-
Post a thousand examples then.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Post a thousand examples then.

I can't but you know what I meant.

I want to bring up the examples but you are going to say that I am lowballing. KM, I will PM you why if you want to know.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
I can't but you know what I meant.

I want to bring up the examples but you are going to say that I am lowballing. KM, I will PM you why if you want to know.

What examples? And no, last i checked children of the vault doesn't count.

Don't cop out carver; if you have examples, post them.

carver9
What examples? And no, last i checked children of the vault doesn't count.

Don't cop out carver; if you have examples, post them.

Why doesn't it count?

confused

-Pr-
Why doesn't it count?

confused

because last i heard, he doesn't have that amp anymore.

Unless I heard wrong?

carver9
because last i heard, he doesn't have that amp anymore.

Unless I heard wrong?

KM lied to you because that amp is still there.

They never lost it and from my knowledge, Northstar was using that amp on Wolvy when he was brained washed by the hand.

The Nuul
North was beaten by Rogue and Cable. Rogue wont do shit to any of the top GLs.

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
North was beaten by Rogue and Cable. Rogue wont do shit to any of the top GLs.

And let's not name the people that GL has been beaten by.

-Pr-
KM lied to you because that amp is still there.

They never lost it and from my knowledge, Northstar was using that amp on Wolvy when he was brained washed by the hand.

Okay, so name some feats that put him above John, then.

and i'd be careful about calling people liars... Glass houses and all that.

-K-M-
I'm on my blackberry so I will keep it short.

no the twins DO NOT have the children of the vault upgrade anymore. Its even referenced it is no longer there. so to say I was lying? Lulz

Carver I have done a respect thread for those two go through that and prove your point then

Null rogue never beat the twins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -K-M-

no the twins DO NOT have the children of the vault upgrade anymore. Its even referenced it is no longer there. so to say I was lying? Lulz

Carver I have done a respect thread for those two go through that and prove your point then

Good to know. thumb up

The Nuul
KM, wasnt it Rogue and Cable that beat North while Aurora was fighting the X-Men?

carver9

KM, please show me where it was stated that they lost their amp?

I have seen your respect thread and you are missing a lot of their action... you don't have verything there.

Omega Vision
Post a thousand examples then. Originally posted by carver9
I can't.
laughing out loud

carver9
Good to know. thumb up

No... just no.

confused

KM is very fluent on the twins but I honestly believe (I could have missed something) that he is wrong.

Omega Vision
No... just no.

confused

KM is very fluent on the twins but I honestly believe (I could have missed something) that he is wrong.
Well either get the evidence or back down.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well either get the evidence or back down.

He is the one that has to prove that they lost their amps that Northstar was using on a mind wiped logan and a Sentinel.

PillarofOsiris
GL has faced faster opponents before. And GL has speed feats of his own. The ring can amp speed. Certainly, neither of these 2 can solo a GL.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
GL has faced faster opponents before. And GL has speed feats of his own. The ring can amp speed. Certainly, neither of these 2 can solo a GL.

And this statement goes back to me and your discussion through PM which you haven't proven anything yet.

MrMind
I'll go with john, the dude who took on the JLA
all he need is to set up a force field, then he'll have all the time in the world to pwn these 2

carver9
I don't think that forcefield (on average) could stand up to a couple of light speed punches.

Badabing
Carver, you owe Pr 1,000 examples. I'll expect them gathered and shown by the end of the day. sneer

biscuits

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver, you owe Pr 1,000 examples. I'll expect them gathered and shown by the end of the day. sneer

biscuits

laughing

-Pr-
Even some examples would be fine...

dmills
Even some examples would be fine... Hope you brought sack lunch cause you'll be waiting a while.

iceman24567
Originally posted by dmills
Hope you brought sack lunch cause you'll be waiting a while. Pretty much laughing

-Pr-
Pretty sure I already know what one's he's gonna post...

The Nuul
Even some examples would be fine...

quote: (post)
I can't.

-Pr-
quote fail.

The Nuul
I dont want to take him off of ignore just to quote him.

MrMind
I dont want to take him off of ignore just to quote him.
you can use "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click ". that's what I always do

The Nuul
He aint worth it, my way is better.

Anyways this is spam.

MrMind
you still need to "click here" to see his post, just saying

The Nuul
OV quoted him, I just copied it from there.

-Pr-
Back on topic please.

The Nuul
Any top GL wins.

-K-M-
KM, wasnt it Rogue and Cable that beat North while Aurora was fighting the X-Men?

No, Northstar beat Rogue and then all of a sudden he got attacked with telepathy as no one knew Cable was there. A feat John wouldn't be able to replicate anyways

KM, please show me where it was stated that they lost their amp?

I have seen your respect thread and you are missing a lot of their action... you don't have verything there.

Read the powers section
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/aurora2.jpg

and...

Northstar/Aurora
(Post-Children of the Vault Upgrade)
---------------------------------------------
Miscellaneous
The Healing of the Twins
X-Men Annual #1 (Vol.1):
The twins have been manipulated by the Hand, Weapon X and recently by the Children of the Vault. Their only fragments of their former selves so the X-Men travel to the S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier in attempt to cure them. Thier goal is to make them live their relive their life in a day, but the process is interupted and they eventually mind-meld. They eventually do their patent team-up to held cure themselves. Thank god their finally truely cured and back to normal....about TIME!

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_006.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_008.jpg
3. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_009.jpg
4. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_010.jpg
5. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_015.jpg
6. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_016.jpg
7. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_017.jpg
8. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_018.jpg
9. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_026.jpg
10. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_027.jpg
11. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_030.jpg
12. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_031.jpg
13. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/X-Men_Annual_001_032.jpg

I'm missing a lot of action? ORLY? like what?

-Pr-
So their brainwashing being removed is what depowered them?

Oh, the "briefly" part.

-K-M-
Breifly could go at lightspeed, as they no longer can.

The Nuul
I wasnt talking about Cable.

-Pr-
Breifly could go at lightspeed, as they no longer can.

Yeah.

-K-M-
I wasnt talking about Cable.

Rogue never beat Northstar, and the reason she could keep up with him was the fact she stole his powers a feat John can't replicate so not the greatest example to bring up.
----
To Carver: I would love to see all the fights with the twins that I apparently missed.

Badabing
Carver and Nuul are challenging Mungi on Alpha Flight characters? durpalm

TricksterPriest
Carver and Nuul are challenging Mungi on Alpha Flight characters? durpalm I'm stealing this. durpalm biscuits Thanks Bada. big grin

inimalist

-K-M-
This isn't the first time where I have said an AF character loses and people have argued against me. Heh!

Badabing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm stealing this. durpalm biscuits Thanks Bada. big grin Originally posted by -K-M-
This isn't the first time where I have said an AF character loses and people have argued against me. Heh! durfslap

The Nuul

I am not that stoopid or delusional. I had a question and I was wrong. Unlike some one else who thinks hes always right.

If you look in the dictionary for Alpha Flight, you'll see a picture of Mungi. Cant argue against that.

-K-M-
Oh I'm definetly not always right, but I do more correcting on this board then not. (EDIT: Nevermind you're talking about Carver)

Also didn't I have to correct you yesterday in a Hawkman thread? stick out tongue

I back more characters then AF, just no one makes threads of the more obscure characters.

The Nuul
Rogue never beat Northstar, and the reason she could keep up with him was the fact she stole his powers a feat John can't replicate so not the greatest example to bring up.

I know that now, you damn Canadian.

-K-M-
I know that now, you damn Canadian.

sad

carver9
KM... in that scan you posted... it still shows her as a light speedster and that still doesn't clear up the fact that after that, Northstar was still achieving light speed AFTER loosing the amp.

-Pr-
Oh lawd...

carver9
Oh lawd...

Lol... stick out tongue

I'm just keeping it real.

-Pr-
Lol... stick out tongue

I'm just keeping it real.

Real dumb?

Mini Bennett
Northstar moves fast enough to hurt Hulk, right?

-K-M-
KM... in that scan you posted... it still shows her as a light speedster and that still doesn't clear up the fact that after that, Northstar was still achieving light speed AFTER loosing the amp.

When did he go lightspeed after he and his sister fought the X-Men?

The twins ALWAYS had the ability to go 99% the speed of light, but as stated can't due to their durability.

Originally posted by Mini Bennett
Northstar moves fast enough to hurt Hulk, right?

Correct, as well as Sasquatch, Ranark and Paulie Provenzano .

carver9
When did he go lightspeed after he and his sister fought the X-Men?

The twins ALWAYS had the ability to go 99% the speed of light, but as stated can't due to their durability.

Correct, as well as Sasquatch, Ranark and Paulie Provenzano .

I already told you when.

-K-M-
I already told you when.

No you didn't. When did Northstar go lightspeed after he lost the Children of the Vault upgrade?

Also what are these fights you said I missed in the respect thread.

carver9
And before even receiving the amp they were (well Northstar was) achieving light speed.

carver9
No you didn't. When did Northstar go lightspeed after he lost the Children of the Vault upgrade?

It depends on when you THINK they lost it. I'm referring to the time he was brainwashed by the hand.

-K-M-
And before even receiving the amp they were (well Northstar was) achieving light speed.

They NEVER went lightspeed before the COTV upgrade. The closest out of the two would be Aurora NOT Northstar.

Post these examples.

-K-M-
It depends on when you THINK they lost it. I'm referring to the time he was brainwashed by the hand.

They lost it when the COTV were defeated and their minds were wiped clean of their influence.

He never went lightspeed when he had the Hand upgrade. Which THAT upgrade he still has.

carver9
They lost it when the COTV were defeated and their minds were wiped clean of their influence.

He never went lightspeed when he had the Hand upgrade. Which THAT he still has.

Wasn't it mentioned when Northstar was on the Hellicarrier that he was a lightspeedster?

I'm also guessing that Wolverine said this when he trapped Northstar into fighting a Sentinel.

Why do you believe the sister to be faster than him? What feats are you basing this off of. Looking at pure punching power alone... he is faster.

-K-M-
Wasn't it mentioned when Northstar was on the Hellicarrier that he was a lightspeedster?

I'm also guessing that Wolverine said this when he trapped Northstar into fighting a Sentinel.

Why do you believe the sister to be faster than him? What feats are you basing this off of. Looking at pure punching power alone... he is faster.

As noted they could always go lightspeed, but can't due to their durability. Did it actually state he was going lightspeed?

Wolverine commented he was a pro and a teacher nothing about lightspeed.

Because she dodged multple lightening bolts summoned by Ranark, which requires near lightspeed reflexes

psycho gundam
Any top GL wins. no they don't

batdude123
Yes they do.

carver9
As noted they could always go lightspeed, but can't due to their durability. Did it actually state he was going lightspeed?

Wolverine commented he was a pro and a teacher nothing about lightspeed.

Because she dodged multple lightening bolts summoned by Ranark, which requires near lightspeed reflexes

Huh?

I'm going to reread the issue. I think we are talking about 2 different instances.

And you can't see northstar doing this(dodging lightning)? This is a guy that has punched someone a thousand times in a second... someone that made it across continent off of pure running speed within seconds... someone that punched someone a hundred times before they realized what was going on... someone that created MULTIPLE of after images (at least 8) with just a smile on his face (his body was hacked).

So you admit that they are still light speedsters?

Philosophía
Real dumb? laughing out loud

-K-M-
Huh?

I'm going to reread the issue. I think we are talking about 2 different instances.

And you can't see northstar doing this(dodging lightning)? This is a guy that has punched someone a thousand times in a second... someone that made it across continent off of pure running speed within seconds... someone that punched someone a hundred times before they realized what was going on... someone that created MULTIPLE of after images (at least 8) with just a smile on his face (his body was hacked).

So you admit that they are still light speedsters?

Unlikely.

He could, but he never did that's Aurora's superior speed feat she showed over Northstar. Could he do it? Sure, but did he or do anything similar? No. Yeah and? Aurora has done that as well, but as noted she is more powerful then her brother thanks to her upgrades she only got.

They have ALWAYS been, but as noted they can NOT go their full speed due to their durability.

1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/NorthstarBMasterEdition-13.jpg
2. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/OHOTMU-X05StreetSamurai-DCP31.jpg

psycho gundam
Originally posted by batdude123
Yes they do. http://i53.tinypic.com/20tm1vq.jpg

carver9
Unlikely.

He could, but he never did that's Aurora's superior speed feat she showed over Northstar. Could he do it? Sure, but did he or do anything similar? No. Yeah and? Aurora has done that as well, but as noted she is more powerful then her brother thanks to her upgrades she only got.

They have ALWAYS been, but as noted they can NOT go their full speed due to their durability.

But Northstar could do the same thing.

Naah, disagreement.

The most I have seen Aurora punch is 50 times per second... if there is anything that I am missing, please show me.

Are you reffering to her new blasting power that she received that gives her the edge over her brother because basing it off of pure speed, besides that one showing, you really don't have anything else to help your case. Going off feats alone (besides that one lightning showing)... Northstar is faster. Hand speed, running speed, and reflex speed. He even showed that he was faster during the time they "supposedly" lost this amp.

-K-M-
But Northstar could do the same thing.

Naah, disagreement.

The most I have seen Aurora punch is 50 times per second... if there is anything that I am missing, please show me.

Are you reffering to her new blasting power that she received that gives her the edge over her brother because basing it off of pure speed, besides that one showing, you really don't have anything else to help your case. Going off feats alone (besides that one lightning showing)... Northstar is faster. Hand speed, running speed, and reflex speed. He even showed that he was faster during the time they "supposedly" lost this amp.

Except with on-panel feats he never did. So like I said earlier show me him going lightspeed before and after the COTV upgrade, as Aurora has something close.

I was more refering to the after images

No, she can accelerate her molecules to tear themselves apart, she has lightening, can turn into a light form (no longer can do this now), she has hypnotic light, lightening blast, concussive blasts that leveled a building, healing light, etc. Their practically equals in speed, so now we shall ignore the showing Aurora had? Interesting. When did he show he was faster when they lost the COTV amp....which they did.

Ummm...once again arn't you supposed to be providing 1000 examples? and what are these fights that I apparently missed in the the respect thread and Northstar going lightspeed before and after his COTV upgrade?

carver9
Except with on-panel feats he never did. So like I said earlier show me him going lightspeed before and after the COTV upgrade, as Aurora has something close.

I was more refering to the after images

No, she can accelerate her molecules to tear themselves apart, she has lightening, can turn into a light form (no longer can do this now), she has hypnotic light, lightening blast, concussive blasts that leveled a building, healing light, etc. Their practically equals in speed, so now we shall ignore the showing Aurora had? Interesting. When did he show he was faster when they lost the COTV amp....which they did.

Ummm...once again arn't you supposed to be providing 1000 examples? and what are these fights that I apparently missed in the the respect thread and Northstar going lightspeed before and after his COTV upgrade?

Can you post her after images feats.

I will find the issue numbers for you when I get off regarding Northstar combat speed vs light speed.

I knew you were talking about her new blasting power.

The Nuul
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i53.tinypic.com/20tm1vq.jpg

You hang around Carv and Quan too much, you should come to our side of the fence. Its much better here!

psycho gundam
how gay

-K-M-
Can you post her after images feats.

I will find the issue numbers for you when I get off regarding Northstar combat speed vs light speed.

I knew you were talking about her new blasting power.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t489343.html

New blasting power? She has had it since the 90's also nice you ignored her other powers too

Mindset
No offense, but I think I'll take carver's word over some noobs.

The Nuul
You're calling KM a noob?

Mindset
If the shoe fits.

-K-M-
Thankfully it doesn't as I have oddly shaped feet

Mindset
Hooves?

-K-M-
Peg leg

Mindset
Butt pirate!

-K-M-
well makes having a peg leg pretty popular if you know what I mean

Mindset
laughing out loud

Mindset
Gross. sneer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.