Bloodlusted Orion Vs Bloodlusted Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Orion taps into the Source, while Thor taps into the Odin power.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35101/1412606-orion11p20and21_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1466087-7_astonishing_thor_2_large.jpg

Hyperion Prime
I am going with Orion in this. I do not read much DC, but the source seems like a much higher power source than just tapping into the Odin Power. Now if Thor had the full Odin power I would go with him to win this, but since it's not all of it he loses.

carver9
Even though Orion looks badass in that pic, I am going with Thor. Thor bloodlusted took down a group of high Heralds without breaking a sweat. What has a bloodlusted Orion done?

PillarofOsiris
Thor

BattleMage
I hear the search is fixed now.

MrMind
orion

TricksterPriest
We all know the real question here. And it's pretty obvious Odin is not more powerful than the Source.

Orion wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Even though Orion looks badass in that pic, I am going with Thor. Thor bloodlusted took down a group of high Heralds without breaking a sweat. What has a bloodlusted Orion done? Ran through the JLA? Killed darkseid that had just bitched the source itself?

Orion takes this with ease.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What exactly do you mean by tap? How much of the Source does Orion access? How much of the Odin Force does Thor access?

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ran through the JLA? Killed darkseid that had just bitched the source itself?

Orion takes this with ease.

When has Orion ran through the JLA? Never seen it. Are you talking about the death of the New Gods? Because Orion was amped by the source.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What exactly do you mean by tap? How much of the Source does Orion access? How much of the Odin Force does Thor access?

When has Orion ran through the JLA? Never seen it. Are you talking about the death of the New Gods? Because Orion was amped by the source. Orion is amped by the source here no expression.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion is amped by the source here no expression.

I know. I read the OP. I didn't know if you did.

Black bolt z
I know. I read the OP. I didn't know if you did. OK. So whats the problem?

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did I say there was a problem? I was trying to clarify the showing because I was unsure whether or not you knew the context.

TricksterPriest
That was not the first time he's channeled the power of the source.

Omega Vision

When has Orion ran through the JLA? Never seen it. Are you talking about the death of the New Gods? Because Orion was amped by the source.
Pretty sure PC Orion's debut had him practically soloing the PC JLA stick out tongue

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Omega Vision Pretty sure PC Orion's debut had him practically soloing the PC JLA stick out tongue

and taking out pc mantis.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor wins. Explain.

Starscream M
Explain. marvel

MrMind
Originally posted by Starscream M
marvel
bingo

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
marvel Truth.

Solidus Black
Orion wins

JakeTheBank
Orion

kakuzu
If its current Thor with Odin force orion wins, If its classic Thor with Odin force (You know throwing pyraminds growing 1,000ft) then he wins with ease.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by kakuzu
If its current Thor with Odin force orion wins, If its classic Thor with Odin force (You know throwing pyraminds growing 1,000ft) then he wins with ease. Nope. He still loses.

He's not fighting Orion here. He's fighting Orion with the power of the Source.

You are contending the Odin force is greater than the Source. no expression Do not walk this road my son, for it is the path of Quan. durquanchi

Allankles
Orion wins. It's not a matter of DC vs Marvel, the Source is simply way above the Odin Force. Orion already has his own universal energy source (Astro Force) tapping into the Source changes the dials completely.

long pig
Firstly, Orion is always powered by the source. That's what AF is. Also normal powered orion has a legit win over Darksied. I'm not all that convinced Orion needs needs such a boost to do well, if not win this fight. The most powerful thor ever would get raped by dseid. I laughed when someone said Thor grew a thousand feet when amped. Seeing Orion's natural size is ten times that big, Thor's feat is shit. Also, why you guys never mention Orion's Motherbox in these threads blows my mind. His mb is basically a better, sentient more versatile version of mjolnir. And if this is bloodlust, that means the MB isn't holding back and uses 100% of it's power instead of its normal level of ten percent. Orion wins 10_10.

Warlord
lol at darkseid beating rune magic Thor

OneDumbG0
Since when is Orion with all of Motherbox's capabilities more versatile than Thor with all of Mjolnir's and Odinforce's capabilities?

Prep-Man
I don't know if it's as versatile, but it's up there. Controlling energy, magic, intangibility, invisibility, manipulating souls, healing, tp communication, cosmic awareness, matter manipulation, etc...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I don't know if it's as versatile, but it's up there. Controlling energy, magic, intangibility, invisibility, manipulating souls, healing, tp communication, cosmic awareness, matter manipulation, etc...

Mjolnir's done all that essentially.

Prep-Man
I know, I was just giving some examples of what a Mother Box can do. Those are just off the top of my head.

Allankles
Originally posted by Warlord
lol at darkseid beating rune magic Thor

DS at his high levels would beat him. wink

Warlord
Originally posted by Allankles
DS at his high levels would beat him. wink wink

Allankles
Originally posted by long pig
Firstly, Orion is always powered by the source. That's what AF is. Also normal powered orion has a legit win over Darksied. I'm not all that convinced Orion needs needs such a boost to do well, if not win this fight. The most powerful thor ever would get raped by dseid. I laughed when someone said Thor grew a thousand feet when amped. Seeing Orion's natural size is ten times that big, Thor's feat is shit. Also, why you guys never mention Orion's Motherbox in these threads blows my mind. His mb is basically a better, sentient more versatile version of mjolnir. And if this is bloodlust, that means the MB isn't holding back and uses 100% of it's power instead of its normal level of ten percent. Orion wins 10_10.

The Astro Force is connected to the Source, as is all energy in the DCU, however, it is not a direct conduit to the Source. It is much closer to the Source than let's say the Speed Force, or Oan power given Orion's relation to the Source as a New God, but isn't identical to Highfather's direct link or Takion's.

His connection to the Source is facilitated mostly through his Motherbox, which has a much more intense connection to the Source.

quanchi112
Firstly, Orion is always powered by the source. That's what AF is. Also normal powered orion has a legit win over Darksied. I'm not all that convinced Orion needs needs such a boost to do well, if not win this fight. The most powerful thor ever would get raped by dseid. I laughed when someone said Thor grew a thousand feet when amped. Seeing Orion's natural size is ten times that big, Thor's feat is shit. Also, why you guys never mention Orion's Motherbox in these threads blows my mind. His mb is basically a better, sentient more versatile version of mjolnir. And if this is bloodlust, that means the MB isn't holding back and uses 100% of it's power instead of its normal level of ten percent. Orion wins 10_10. Orion doesn't naturally appear larger than his foes when they come to him or vice versa it's the same size.

carver9
Originally posted by Allankles
The Astro Force is connected to the Source, as is all energy in the DCU, however, it is not a direct conduit to the Source. It is much closer to the Source than let's say the Speed Force, or Oan power given Orion's relation to the Source as a New God, but isn't identical to Highfather's direct link or Takion's.

His connection to the Source is facilitated mostly through his Motherbox, which has a much more intense connection to the Source.

Isn't everything in the dcu connected to the source? Some people can just pull more power from it than others.

Prep-Man
Astro Force is the "wrath of the Source".

TricksterPriest
Mjollnir cannot time travel. And it has other limits. The motherbox is more versatile, if not necessarily more powerful.

Carver: Correct. But the new gods have a special connection. This thread is saying Orion has a direct pipeline to the source, without any filters or drawbacks.

For those crying foul about LP's statement about Orion's size: boom tube.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Mjollnir cannot time travel. And it has other limits. The motherbox is more versatile, if not necessarily more powerful.

Carver: Correct. But the new gods have a special connection. This thread is saying Orion has a direct pipeline to the source, without any filters or drawbacks.

For those crying foul about LP's statement about Orion's size: boom tube. Did you just say the motherbox is more powerful than Thor's hammer ?

Based on ?

Prep-Man

Do you remember which run?

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

Prep-Man

I'm pretty sure I've seen Thor time travel back in the day, but so can Orion.

OneDumbG0
Mjollnir cannot time travel. And it has other limits. The motherbox is more versatile, if not necessarily more powerful. Are you talking about Hunter/Prey? As I remember that, Superman required Waverider's time bracelet in conjunction with the Motherbox to send H/P Doomsday to the beginning of time. Thor's used Mjolnir in conjunction with other items to time travel, even after it was stripped of its time travel powers.

I don't see Motherbox freezing time, permitting flight, summoning weather effects, (how many times has it even created forcefields?), provide the same level of energy absorption/amplification/deflection capabilities, or provide the wide variety of attacks ranging from mystical, heat, lightning, magnetic, antimatter, paralysis, ultrasonic, antimagic, light, etc.

Prep-Man
It's created weather effects, magnetism in Simonson's run. Orion's Astro Force provided the force fields.

IIRC, in 7 Soldiers, the New Gods showed time travel as well.

psycho gundam
this is battlezone material right here

OneDumbG0
It's created weather effects, magnetism in Simonson's run. Orion's Astro Force provided the force fields.

IIRC, in 7 Soldiers, the New Gods showed time travel as well. Might as well be citing to the Odinforce that summoned the dead. I'm comparing Mjolnir with the Motherbox. Mjolnir =/= Odinforce. Motherbox =/= Astroforce. As far as I've seen, Motherbox has nowhere near the offensive and defensive capabilities of Mjolnir, on either scale or variety.

And what scene in Seven Soldiers are you referring?

Prep-Man
I thought the Mother Box was powered by the Source, which the Astro Force is an apsect of. I'll check with the SS, but I remember them traveling through time.

OneDumbG0
^ Mjolnir is powered by the Odinforce also... which Loki, Heimdall and Odin himself has used to cast all sorts of spells. I don't think reverse-projecting the Astroforce onto Motherbox is anymore cogent than reverse-projcting the Odinforce onto Mjolnir.

Prep-Man
Either way, Orion taps into the Source for the fight.

Never Doubt
There is nothing that Thor and his hammer has done that Orion and his AF and or MB cannot do or has not done.

psycho gundam
anyone can at least pick up a mother box, mjolnir...not so much

Never Doubt
Originally posted by psycho gundam
anyone can at least pick up a mother box, mjolnir...not so much No. The MB does not have to work for anyone. It is sentient.

Prep-Man
Yeah, it has to like you for it to work.

OneDumbG0
Either way, Orion taps into the Source for the fight. Either way, Motherbox =/= Source or Astro Force anymore than Mjolnir =/= Odinforce.

And enough with the god damn sock accounts. There are other comic book forums ffs.

Never Doubt
Yeah, it has to like you for it to work.
MB's can also amp high meta's to Low trans like. Look how the MB amped Superboy into being able to hold the entire planet hostage in Apokalips now. MB also amped Iron man to be able to one shot several heralds in JLAvengers. MB is superior to Thor's hammer.

Prep-Man
I didn't say they were equal to the source, just that the source helps power it. Now, on to the actual battle.

Never Doubt
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Either way, Motherbox =/= Source or Astro Force anymore than Mjolnir =/= Odinforce.

And enough with the god damn sock accounts. There are other comic book forums ffs. NO. The original account was banned for no reason. Insulted for having a different opinion. Once I defended myself, they banned me and not the insulters. Had they insulters been banned first, I would have never been banned. I can make accounts all day everyday. And respond when I feel the need.

Never Doubt
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Are you talking about Hunter/Prey? As I remember that, Superman required Waverider's time bracelet in conjunction with the Motherbox to send H/P Doomsday to the beginning of time. Thor's used Mjolnir in conjunction with other items to time travel, even after it was stripped of its time travel powers.

I don't see Motherbox freezing time, permitting flight, summoning weather effects, (how many times has it even created forcefields?), provide the same level of energy absorption/amplification/deflection capabilities, or provide the wide variety of attacks ranging from mystical, heat, lightning, magnetic, antimatter, paralysis, ultrasonic, antimagic, light, etc. Thor's hammer's power really just come from him. Same with MB. The MB is created by Orion's own AF.

OneDumbG0
^ Nobody gives two sh1ts what you think, sock. If the god damn ignore function would work, I'd use it. Go somewhere else.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Never Doubt
No. The MB does not have to work for anyone. It is sentient. i said pick it up, i nvr said it had to work for you

TricksterPriest
Immortus removed the power to time travel from Mjollnir. It can't do that anymore.

And it wasn't the beginning of time. It was the end, IE: Entropy.

OneDumbG0
Immortus removed the power to time travel from Mjollnir. It can't do that anymore.

And it wasn't the beginning of time. It was the end, IE: Entropy. When it's hooks up to another item, it has.

Same way the Motherbox did with Waverider's time band.

In any case: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I don't see Motherbox freezing time, permitting flight, summoning weather effects, (how many times has it even created forcefields?), provide the same level of energy absorption/amplification/deflection capabilities, or provide the wide variety of attacks ranging from mystical, heat, lightning, magnetic, antimatter, paralysis, ultrasonic, antimagic, light, etc.

Prep-Man

And it wasn't the beginning of time. It was the end, IE: Entropy.

IIRC, Desaad mentioned that they can travel through time. Do you have the issues on hand?

TricksterPriest
Me? I have very few physical comics. Mungi might know it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Immortus didn't remove Mjolnir's ability to go through time. Thor used up most of it's temporal energy to transport back a planet trapped in Limbo.

Mjolnir could not only travel through time, but even reverse it which is pretty impressive.

Prep-Man
Immortus didn't remove Mjolnir's ability to go through time. Thor used up most of it's temporal energy to transport back a planet trapped in Limbo.

Mjolnir could not only travel through time, but even reverse it which is pretty impressive.

He should have reversed Superman's heat vision...

shifty

quanchi112
He should have reversed Superman's heat vision...

shifty Heat vision isn't what put him down he ran through it like a summer breeze.

Prep-Man
It was just a joke.

quanchi112
It was just a joke. I am not amused.

Prep-Man
so...

long pig
I don't see Motherbox freezing time really, i have flight/ are you serious? summoning weather effectsIt summoned storms on apok'provide same level energy absorption/amplification/deflection capabilities Orion has never failed to absorbe anything ever thrown at him but you are right. Thor is the best at that. But power wise, Orion matched mantis universe shattering blast. Hell bloodlusted orion can have the MB self destruct, which creates a universe destroying blast] Basically, they are very even, with mjolnir being better absorption and superior defensive abilities(Because it's not like he's invulnerable) and MB better offense and diversity(because he doesn't really need shields). What i think puts Orion over the edge is his IMMENSE speed, durability and skill advantage and his MB's ability to attack Thor's mind.

Warlord
I would really like to see scans with Orion's IMENSE speed.
From what I've read so far I'm not really impressed

Prep-Man
In Simonson's run, he was trying to flee Miracle. They were moving close to the speed of light. When Superman first traveled to NG, he commented on the average New God moving at speeds surpassing him. This was a while ago, though.

He's also tagged Lightray, who moves ftl.

Warlord
good, nothing that suggest that he has a speed edge over Thor then.
He wins this fight because of the source then (if he has full access/support)

OneDumbG0
Basically, they are very even, with mjolnir being better absorption and superior defensive abilities(Because it's not like he's invulnerable) and MB better offense and diversity(because he doesn't really need shields). What i think puts Orion over the edge is his IMMENSE speed, durability and skill advantage and his MB's ability to attack Thor's mind. So Orion flies using the Motherbox instead of his harness? What superior/more variable offensive output does the Motherbox emit? I'd like to see scans of a Motherbox mindraping a character.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Warlord
good, nothing that suggest that he has a speed edge over Thor then.
He wins this fight because of the source then (if he has full access/support)

Uh huh. Thor is not FTL in combat. roll eyes (sarcastic) He does have an immense speed edge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.