Golden Age Captain Marvel Vs Silver Age Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/159585-42413-captain-marvel_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/611734-mangog01_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel.

kakuzu
Mangog just couldn't ge hurt lol, Even guys like Silver Surfer lost in a what if, but yeah Mangog wins.

Prep-Man
GA CM has true invulnerability. Even the depths of infinity couldn't harm him.

JakeTheBank
GA Captain Marvel is also literally invulnerable. And I'm fairly sure his strength feats eclipse Mangog's by a good portion.

CosmicComet
I compiled a word file of all (or at least 95%) of his GA feats, and that file is now corrupted.

I raged.

Prep-Man
Try and list some you remember. smile

kakuzu
All classic characters were truly invulnerable than came a villain who could actually hurt them lol. In this case Mangog could probably do that. His strength comes in titanic proportions how can captain marvel even be compared let alone said to be stronger?

Prep-Man
GA Cap had Juggernaut type invulnerability. Who came and actually hurt him?

Mister Atom (A machine on par with Mangog) had the strength to knock people into the time stream, but didn't phase Cap one bit. lol. Or something to that,

JakeTheBank
GA Marvel has moved entire continents without breaking a sweat, iirc.

CosmicComet
-comically lifted south america.

-shoved an alternate earth several lightyears away to a new star.

-shoved several giant stars away in quick succession.

-split a large block of neutronium in half

-stopped a ship moving like billions of times lightspeed dead in its tracks. (infinite mass anyone?)

-mary stopped a dwarf planet moving at or near lightspeed dead in its tracks as well.

Prep-Man
That planet feat was insane.

JakeTheBank
/thread

kakuzu
Originally posted by CosmicComet
-comically lifted south america.

-shoved an alternate earth several lightyears away to a new star.

-shoved several giant stars away in quick succession.

-split a large block of neutronium in half

-stopped a ship moving like billions of times lightspeed dead in its tracks. (infinite mass anyone?)

-mary stopped a dwarf planet moving at or near lightspeed dead in its tracks as well.

Villains don't do feats like lifting and all that other useless stuff. They destroy, Maybe a few do, but not all, I'd like to debate but if this is still around when I get back I'll say post some pics. Till then though Mangog wouldn't get hurt by Captain marvel, he did after all take

1.white lighting from Thor
2.Take a sun beam cutter which could literally cut through a sun(If you don't know how amazing that is look at how the density inside the sun is an you'll get he picture.
3.I believe he did take the attacks from asgards mightest weapons.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
/thread

It's hard to try and put someone like PC Cap against other heroes/villains. He's in a class all by himself. He had PC Superman type strength, flash type super speed, and Juggernaut type invulnerability.

Simbon
I know cap has the better feats, but Mangog is just so adorable I can't bear to vote against him.

Mangog for the win.

Prep-Man
lol!

Originally posted by Simbon
I know cap has the better feats, but Mangog is just so adorable I can't bear to vote against him.

Mangog for the win. thumb up

CosmicComet
@Kakuzu

-Mangog is not hurting CM either. He had true invulnerability.

-Mangog won't even touch CM if he doesn't want to be touched either.

-The Sun overall is a lot less dense than Earth. Not the case for stars in GA Cap's world however. The stars in his verse were solid masses on fire. And Cap easily split a large block (like say, 12'x12'x12') of neutronium in half. A teasespoon of neutronium (neutron star material) would weigh like in the billions of tons range iirc, and should weigh even more when you consider that stars are much denser in GA Cap's world than they are in actuality.

-Cap also broke a planet in half with ease.

Simbon
For those of you who are still going w/ Cap, I challenge you to name a SINGLE comics character that would make a more adorable plush toy than Mangog.

The hate of a billion billion beings has this in the bag.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Simbon
For those of you who are still going w/ Cap, I challenge you to name a SINGLE comics character that would make a more adorable plush toy than Mangog.

The hate of a billion billion beings has this in the bag.

Uncle Marvel might not be too bad.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35698/732065-untitled_large.jpg

Simbon
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Uncle Marvel might not be too bad.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35698/732065-untitled_large.jpg

Not bad, but I'd still take Mangog ten out of ten. Mangog's height and width are roughly equal, and his head is unusually large and round, making him far more suitable for plush-toy treatment. This article by Stephen J. Gould explains this phenomena well: http://todd.jackman.villanova.edu/HumanEvol/HomageToMickey.pdf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.