Drax the Destroyer/w Power Gem vs Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright Drax is captured by Darkseid to fight kill Superman he wants to use his hatred of Thanos to fuel Drax so he shows a picture of Superman and tells Drax that this is Thanos using a disguise to full Drax. Dumb Drax but driven by his rage.

Black bolt z
Dumb drax has a chance of beating him without the PG.

With it he takes it pretty easily.

kakuzu
I think he can take this, Even with out hasn't he gone toe to toe with guys like Thor and taken direct hits from Thanos with the cosmic cube? Not only that but he can fire blast to block those from Thanos with the cube so yeah he can beat Supes. But we have to wait for the supes fans to come in and say "supes will blitz him'

zopzop
Superman DESTROYS him with or without the Gem.

With the Gem, Thor was owning him. After he lost the Gem, it just got uglier. Drax is too stupid to even subconsciously tap the Gem's power like Champion did.

Superman is stronger, more durable, faster, and FAR FAR smarter. Supes 10/10

golem370
He isn't stronger or more durable. he drop Champion with one hit where Silver Surfer was only holding his own.

Philosophía
Superman.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
Superman DESTROYS him with or without the Gem.

With the Gem, Thor was owning him. After he lost the Gem, it just got uglier. Drax is too stupid to even subconsciously tap the Gem's power like Champion did.

Superman is stronger, more durable, faster, and FAR FAR smarter. Supes 10/10 no expression

There is so much fail in this post.

carver9
With the gem, Drax destroys... without it, 7/10. Let's not forget that without the gem, he wrecked a planet and he also ripped the core out of a star.

His strength and durability is INSANE.

The gem makes it a stomp.

Brockalizer
Drax kicks his ass. Thanos could beat Superman himself and Drax was created to destroy Thanos. The power gem gives him the power bend Superman over and toss his own salad.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by golem370
Alright Drax is captured by Darkseid to fight kill Superman he wants to use his hatred of Thanos to fuel Drax so he shows a picture of Superman and tells Drax that this is Thanos using a disguise to full Drax. Dumb Drax but driven by his rage.

can you at least give Supes an couple mins sundip?

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
no expression

There is so much fail in this post.

Only to those that haven't read the comic in question.

paisapower
superman- much too fast

TricksterPriest
Drax has done nothing to put him on the level of Superman. Superman jacks the gem from him and roflstomps him.

zopzop
@TricksterPriest

Exactly! I mean freaking Thor did it and he wasn't even using his full abilities just slugging it out with Drax. Imagine someone with Superman's powerset, combat experience, and intelligence up against a mentally and physically slow giant. It'd be a bloodbath in Kal's favor.

Black bolt z
Only to those that haven't read the comic in question. So in your opinion?

Drax without gem>Surfer

Surfer>=Thor

Thor=Superman

Drax with Gem>>>Surfer. Therefore Drax with gem >>>> Superman

Please give any explaination as to how superman beats drax.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Drax has done nothing to put him on the level of Superman. Superman jacks the gem from him and roflstomps him. Casually beating the crap out of surfer without the gem isn't on superman level? Neither is tearing out the core of a star in a weaker form without the gem?Originally posted by zopzop
@TricksterPriest

Exactly! I mean freaking Thor did it and he wasn't even using his full abilities just slugging it out with Drax. Imagine someone with Superman's powerset, combat experience, and intelligence up against a mentally and physically slow giant. It'd be a bloodbath in Kal's favor. Nah it'd be a bloodbath in drax's favor.

Just to let you know B&T is PIS. Thor should struggle with surfer ot Drax alone. But somehow he stomps Dr. Strange, Adam, Moondragon, Gamora, Pip, Drax, and Surfer all at once?

Have sense please.

Drax stomps this fight.

carver9
@TricksterPriest

Exactly! I mean freaking Thor did it and he wasn't even using his full abilities just slugging it out with Drax. Imagine someone with Superman's powerset, combat experience, and intelligence up against a mentally and physically slow giant. It'd be a bloodbath in Kal's favor.

Lol... that Thor took out a group of high heralds... of course he should give Drax a fight. Do you think Superman could take on and defeat Surfer, Dr. Strange, Warlock along with others by himself... well that's what that version of Thor did and Drax gave him a run for his money.

Then we have drax straight up one shotting Champion who had the bands.

Drax also beat the HELL out of Surfer and made sport of the Hulk.

This fight is lopsided and it isn't right.

PillarofOsiris
Superman wins this convincingly. Thor with the power gem would beat the sh** out of Supes, Drax on the other hand, that's a whole different story. Superman 8/10.

golem370
If he fights Superman like he did Thanos before the gem then he could win.

h1a8
Superman could win several ways.

1. He could use speed and combo Drax to ko
2. He could beat Drax slowly by just avoiding his attacks and hammering him here and there.
3. He could just simply take the gem away and use it himself on Drax.

Zack Fair
Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8

2. He could beat Drax slowly by just avoiding his attacks and hammering him here and there.
3. He could just simply take the gem away and use it himself on Drax.

Oh god...

He's back.

Black bolt z

3. He could just simply take the gem away and use it himself on Drax. None of those are going to happen.

h1a8
None of those are going to happen.

1. mostly won't happen (at least in the beginning). It could happen later in the fight though.

2. can only happen in a forum fight where Superman is fighting to his best ability. It usually won't happen in a comic though.

3. can and will most certainly happen if 1 or 2 don't happen. Superman WILL TAKE THE GEM AWAY in the very least. Whether he uses it on himself depends on how bad he is getting beat.

Black bolt z
1. mostly won't happen (at least in the beginning). It could happen later in the fight though.

2. can only happen in a forum fight where Superman is fighting to his best ability. It usually won't happen in a comic though.

3. can and will most certainly happen if 1 or 2 don't happen. Superman WILL TAKE THE GEM AWAY in the very least. Whether he uses it on himself depends on how bad he is getting beat. Superman just doesn't Combo to KO. Period. It won't.

See this is why I hate the rules. The "best of ability" and the "in character" rules contridict each other

No he won't. Unless superman is going to reach through his stomach to get it. And I see it more likely that drax is punching through supes stomach then vica versa.

carver9
Lol... trying to take the gem isn't a good idea. Champion got one shotted trying to take the gem.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... trying to take the gem isn't a good idea. Champion got one shotted trying to take the gem. Course champion isn't the best example for a good feat. He hasn't been on the top of his game for the last...what? 30 years?

Nihilist
Without the gem Drax loses hard.

With the gem Drax would give Superman a good fight.

h1a8
Superman just doesn't Combo to KO. Period. It won't.

See this is why I hate the rules. The "best of ability" and the "in character" rules contridict each other

No he won't. Unless superman is going to reach through his stomach to get it. And I see it more likely that drax is punching through supes stomach then vica versa.

Superman has comboed to ko before. Not in the beginning he hasn't though.

Not really, characters do things stupidly sometimes not because they are that stupid, but because the writer can't find a better way to create adversity. Look at all the genius things Superman has done and then the boneheaded things he has done. Surely those things contradict each other.
Superman doesn't always purposely get hit on purpose. Contradictions are always found in comics. That is why the rule was put into place, to counter this fact. Now if a character performs a certain way genuinely because of their intelligence or culture of belief then we can argue CIS.

My fault, I thought Drax's gem was originally on his forehead. How did Thor get the gem from him then?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nihilist

With the gem Drax would give Superman a good fight.

This.

BigSid
Superman has comboed to ko before. Not in the beginning he hasn't though.

Not really, characters do things stupidly sometimes not because they are that stupid, but because the writer can't find a better way to create adversity. Look at all the genius things Superman has done and then the boneheaded things he has done. Surely those things contradict each other.
Superman doesn't always purposely get hit on purpose. Contradictions are always found in comics. That is why the rule was put into place, to counter this fact. Now if a character performs a certain way genuinely because of their intelligence or culture of belief then we can argue CIS.

My fault, I thought Drax's gem was originally on his forehead. How did Thor get the gem from him then?

Thor punched him in the stomach and Drax coughed up the Gem, however Thor had prior knowledge that Drax thought the Power Gem was a jelly bean and swallowed it iirc.

This was also the insane Thor who was suffering from Madness and had the Valkyrie talking to him the whole time.

Drax is too dumb to use the power gem to it's full potential but he does tap it subconsciously, so if he is getting put down in a fight and needs to get stronger he will get stronger.

Problem with dumb Drax is things like when Maxam BFR'd him and he forgot he could fly, and he can get easily distracted.

If Superman knows where the Gem is then he could pull a Thor but if he doesn't this could be a very long and drawn out fight imo.

zopzop

Yes.

No.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2645/thor46909.th.jpghttp://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6043/thor46910.th.jpghttp://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9066/thor46917.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2739/thor46918.th.jpghttp://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6411/thor46919.th.jpg

And then they ran for their lives. He was no match for Thor even with the Gem. Once he lost it, they ran. Superman with his superior strength, durability, FAR FAR superior speed, and intelligence destroys Drax. With or without the Gem.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by BigSid
Thor punched him in the stomach and Drax coughed up the Gem, however Thor had prior knowledge that Drax thought the Power Gem was a jelly bean and swallowed it iirc.

This was also the insane Thor who was suffering from Madness and had the Valkyrie talking to him the whole time.

Drax is too dumb to use the power gem to it's full potential but he does tap it subconsciously, so if he is getting put down in a fight and needs to get stronger he will get stronger.

Problem with dumb Drax is things like when Maxam BFR'd him and he forgot he could fly, and he can get easily distracted.

If Superman knows where the Gem is then he could pull a Thor but if he doesn't this could be a very long and drawn out fight imo.
Current Drax is most definitely not the moron that the Infinite Watch Drax was. He would have no problem tapping into the gem and releasing far more power than Superman is capable of dealing with.

quanchi112
Yes.

No.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2645/thor46909.th.jpghttp://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6043/thor46910.th.jpghttp://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9066/thor46917.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2739/thor46918.th.jpghttp://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6411/thor46919.th.jpg

And then they ran for their lives. He was no match for Thor even with the Gem. Once he lost it, they ran. Superman with his superior strength, durability, FAR FAR superior speed, and intelligence destroys Drax. With or without the Gem. Prior to this story he went rounds with Thor who was unable to defeat him. In this story he lost the gem pretty quickly but you can't just highlight a story as your only basis for an argument in which Thor was stomping everyone in his path save one, Thanos.

TricksterPriest
There was epic jobbing in Blood and Thunder. I'm appalled that anyone even uses it. Also, Thor was in warrior madness, so he had an amp in addition to the gem. Which he wasn't fully exploiting anyway. If Gamora could make him cough up the gem with one blow, Supes can.

King Kandy
Any fighter with an ounce of skill can beat Drax... basically the guy can't deal with anything beyond a brute strength contest.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
Any fighter with an ounce of skill can beat Drax... basically the guy can't deal with anything beyond a brute strength contest.

^ Co-signed. Drax is drain-bamaged. dur

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There was epic jobbing in Blood and Thunder. I'm appalled that anyone even uses it. Also, Thor was in warrior madness, so he had an amp in addition to the gem. Which he wasn't fully exploiting anyway. If Gamora could make him cough up the gem with one blow, Supes can. It was stated it wasn't warrior madness at the end of the arc. Did you even read it ?

Sirius77
Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There was epic jobbing in Blood and Thunder. I'm appalled that anyone even uses it. Also, Thor was in warrior madness, so he had an amp in addition to the gem. Which he wasn't fully exploiting anyway. If Gamora could make him cough up the gem with one blow, Supes can.

Heh.

And no, Thor was not in Warrior Madness which was made clear. It doesn't matter however. Warrior Madness wasn't a real amp up until later on in Thor's history.

That 10x thing was silly. There's a reason why we've never seen Thor enter that state since. Thor at 10x strength would ridiculously strong.

TricksterPriest
Hmm. Can I see the scan where someone says it wasn't WM?

And I see you aren't disputing the jobbing. stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmm. Can I see the scan where someone says it wasn't WM?

And I see you aren't disputing the jobbing. stick out tongue

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8687/wm1.th.jpg

There's nothing to dispute. There was no jobbing.

TricksterPriest
That doesn't say a thing about Warrior Madness. 2nd, yes there was jobbing. Dr. Strange was there. He didn't do shit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was the Valkyrie that created Thor's mental imbalance. No warrior Madness involved. Further clarification:
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4914/warlockchronicles802.th.jpghttp://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8151/odinib.th.jpg

What scene are you referring to? For the record, a character not participating isn't jobbing. Not straight up.

TricksterPriest
Ok. I see where you're coming from. I apologize. yes Thank you. But you must admit Thor would be much harder pressed to win in a forum battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There's nothing to apologize for.

It's not your fault you're always wrong. It's part of your nature. I mean, you like Darkseid.....ermm

Unless he gets angry.

durthor

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
There's nothing to apologize for.

It's not your fault you're always wrong. It's part of your nature. I mean, you like Darkseid.....ermm

Unless he gets angry.

durthor

durkseid IS.

GRIMNIR
Power Gem as in one of the Gems of Infinity Gauntlet?

Power Gem definition I found
Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

I think almost any character will lose to someone holding that. eek!

TricksterPriest
It's not actually that powerful on it's own. Very few people can access more than a basic boost. And it's MASSIVELY overhyped on this forum.

zopzop
And it's MASSIVELY overhyped on this forum.

BLASPHEMER! rifle

GRIMNIR
I am not a fan of random objects anyway. Things like Infinity Gems and Heart of Universe are stupid ideas.

I hope Superman wins and sticks the ring up Drax' bum just for using it

zopzop
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
I hope Superman wins and sticks the ring up Drax' bum just for using it

He cant' use it, he's too stupid big grin Seriously I don't think he ever really tapped into it's power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Drax taps into the Gem subconsciously when pushed, boosting his already massive physical stats:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax11.jpg

zopzop
Drax taps into the Gem subconsciously when pushed, boosting his already massive physical stats:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax11.jpg

That was proven false later when Thor WTFPWNED him. If the Gem really made you unstoppable even if you only subconsciously tapped its power, why did Thor down Drax not once but twice when Drax had the Gem? His final blow caused Drax to vomit out the Gem.

Moondragon was wrong or Drax/Power Gem was jobbing in Blood and Thunder.

rotiart
They made drax into a kind of cosmic version of the hulk with that gem...
Hell it kinda says so in the statement the more he fights the stronger he gets...

golem370
Champion had just destroyed a planet where he had been given braces that augmented his strength.

quanchi112
That was proven false later when Thor WTFPWNED him. If the Gem really made you unstoppable even if you only subconsciously tapped its power, why did Thor down Drax not once but twice when Drax had the Gem? His final blow caused Drax to vomit out the Gem.

Moondragon was wrong or Drax/Power Gem was jobbing in Blood and Thunder. Because Drx's intelligence was sub par hence the reason for giving him the gem. When he tapped into it Thor couldn't put him down. Pretty cut and dry.

Black bolt z
My fault, I thought Drax's gem was originally on his forehead. How did Thor get the gem from him then? Hit him as hard as he could in the stomach with Mjolnir.

A luxury superman doesn't have.Originally posted by Nihilist

With the gem Drax would give Superman a good fight. Explain.Originally posted by zopzop
Yes.

No.

And then they ran for their lives. He was no match for Thor even with the Gem. Once he lost it, they ran. Superman with his superior strength, durability, FAR FAR superior speed, and intelligence destroys Drax. With or without the Gem. You do realize there was MAJOR jobbing in B&T right?

By no means should thor do the things he did.

Zack Fair

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Zack Fair
. Who didn't even know what is was?

Zack Fair
HA! The . > your quote!

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Zack Fair
HA! The . > your quote! Grrrrrr...

She-Ra-La
Dumb Drax has no way to compensate for Superman's massive speed and skill advantage.

Omega Vision
Superman.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Dumb Drax has no way to compensate for Superman's massive speed and skill advantage. His massive strength and durability + the power gem?

zopzop
Hit him as hard as he could in the stomach with Mjolnir.

A luxury superman doesn't have. Explain. You do realize there was MAJOR jobbing in B&T right?

By no means should thor do the things he did.

Why is it that every time you don't like something, it must involve PIS or jobbing? Face it, Thor owned him even when Drax had the Gem. Superman can do the same.

She-Ra-La
His massive strength and durability + the power gem? Drax is going to get hit millions of times for every one time he hits Superman. He isn't stronger than anyone else Superman has faced. But Superman is faster than anything Drax has ever faced.

Black bolt z
Why is it that every time you don't like something, it must involve PIS or jobbing? Face it, Thor owned him even when Drax had the Gem. Superman can do the same. Explain this to me.

Why do you remember thor stomping drax with PG in B&T along with surfer, strange, and Adam?

But you don't remember when Thor was fighting Drax, and keep in mind thor was in pretty much the exact same mindset as B&T, when Thor was under the goddesses control, and Moondragon said he would never beat Drax as drax would tap into the gem again and again.

So which is it? In 4 issues thor somehow gained at least triple his strength or they jobbed in B&T?

Black bolt z
Drax is going to get hit millions of times for every one time he hits Superman. He isn't stronger than anyone else Superman has faced. But Superman is faster than anything Drax has ever faced. Too bad superman doesn't really...y'know...do that.

She-Ra-La
Too bad superman doesn't really...y'know...do that. Except he does. When it's someone who can take it.

Black bolt z
Except he does. When it's someone who can take it. So how many times has superman blitzed someone? Not nearly in chatacter for him.

Like I said Drax stomps.

She-Ra-La
So how many times has superman blitzed someone? Not nearly in chatacter for him.

Like I said Drax stomps. Drax Stomps something he can't even hit? Seriously. Superman phases his hand thru drax and KO's him or takes the gem out once he scans Drax with his xray vision. Superman is superior to Drax in every way possible. Drax doesn't even have a strength advantage.

PillarofOsiris
So how many times has superman blitzed someone? Not nearly in chatacter for him.

Are you being serious?

Black bolt z
Drax Stomps something he can't even hit? Seriously. Superman phases his hand thru drax and KO's him or takes the gem out once he scans Drax with his xray vision. Superman is superior to Drax in every way possible. Drax doesn't even have a strength advantage. facepalm

Ignoring all the other BS you just spout out...did you really just claim that superman is stronger then Drax with the PG?

TricksterPriest
Given feats? Certainly. big grin

She-Ra-La
facepalm

Ignoring all the other BS you just spout out...did you really just claim that superman is stronger then Drax with the PG? Name one feat that Drax has that puts him over Superman's strength. Name one.

Black bolt z
Given feats? Certainly. big grin Prove it.

She-Ra-La
Prove it. Actually you have to prove that Drax can hang with Superman in a prolonged fight. Superman is well known.

Black bolt z
Name one feat that Drax has that puts him over Superman's strength. Name one. Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Actually you have to prove that Drax can hang with Superman in a prolonged fight. Superman is well known. Drax was beating up the hulk, and drax thought they were literally playing. He consistently beat the crap out of surfer without the PG and was beating Thor, who he also thought he was playign with.

Your turn.

Nihilist
Drax was beating up the hulk, and drax thought they were literally playing. He consistently beat the crap out of surfer without the PG and was beating Thor, who he also thought he was playign with.

Your turn. Why dont you post the scans or give issue numbers of when he beat Surfer up, and prove Drax with the gem using feats is stronger than Superman.

TricksterPriest
Drax was beating up the hulk, and drax thought they were literally playing. He consistently beat the crap out of surfer without the PG and was beating Thor, who he also thought he was playign with.

Your turn. That doesn't put him above Superman. I'm not going to bother yet. Superman's feats crap on Drax.

She-Ra-La

Your turn. Superman's strength and speed have him with turning the tide on DS. Who is superior to Surfer, Thor and Hulk. Superman has beaten WW. Who is superior to hulk and faster than Thor and hulk. Superman has beaten imperiex probes who themseves where low trans level. Now that we understand Drax and Supers MAY BE in the same strength, how does drax over come all of Superman's OTHER powers?

Black bolt z
Superman's strength and speed have him with turning the tide on DS. Who is superior to Surfer, Thor and Hulk. Superman has beaten WW. Who is superior to hulk and faster than Thor and hulk. Superman has beaten imperiex probes who themseves where low trans level. Now that we understand Drax and Supers MAY BE in the same strength, how does drax over come all of Superman's OTHER powers? DS jobs to supes. This is common knowledge. I mean DS can beat infinity man and orion by himself but gets stomped by superman on multiple occasions?

And Diana is only superior to hulk in speed and skill. Not strength. Same with thor but to an even lesser degree.

He overcomes them by doing what he does best. Walks through whatever the heralds are throwing at him the beats the shit out of him.

TricksterPriest
Diana is definitely faster than Thor. No question. And she would wreck him in a fistfight.

She-Ra-La
DS jobs to supes. This is common knowledge. I mean DS can beat infinity man and orion by himself but gets stomped by superman on multiple occasions?

And Diana is only superior to hulk in speed and skill. Not strength. Same with thor but to an even lesser degree.

He overcomes them by doing what he does best. Walks through whatever the heralds are throwing at him the beats the shit out of him. Has any herald ever hit Drax with an IMP? Superman can. Has any of them phased thru his head? And Diana is Superior to Hulk in every way possible with the exception of healing.

Black bolt z
Has any herald ever hit Drax with an IMP? Superman can. Has any of them phased thru his head? And Diana is Superior to Hulk in every way possible with the exception of healing. Does it matter? Prove superman can phase through his head. And in no way is diana stronger then hulk in strength.

If you actually claim diana is stronger then hulk your a troll and are going on ignore.

TricksterPriest
Yeah, she is. Hulk is not on her level most of the time. As for phasing, Supes does it via high speed vibration.

Black bolt z
Yeah, she is. Hulk is not on her level most of the time. As for phasing, Supes does it via high speed vibration. facepalm

Thats all I have to say.

carver9
Yeah, she is. Hulk is not on her level most of the time. As for phasing, Supes does it via high speed vibration.

So Diana can toss mountains and hold a planet twice the size of earth together.

Diana can punch Sentry once and bust his face up? So Diana can run through earth heros like WWH did. Can she take a blast that ripped a chunk out of the moon as big as rhode island? Can Diana tank punches from a 100 trillion tonner?

Its debatable if she can take out Savage Hulk... she would get her sh** pushed in by WWH.

She-Ra-La
Does it matter? Prove superman can phase through his head. And in no way is diana stronger then hulk in strength.

If you actually claim diana is stronger then hulk your a troll and are going on ignore. I didn't. I said they were in the same strength class. She does start out much much stronger than Hulk tho. He has to amp to her regular levels. And she regularly holds back. She says so in her own book as not to kill anyone.

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by carver9
So Diana can toss mountains and hold a planet twice the size of earth together.

Diana can punch Sentry once and bust his face up? So Diana can run through earth heros like WWH did. Can she take a blast that ripped a chunk out of the moon as big as rhode island? Can Diana tank punches from a 100 trillion tonner?

Its debatable if she can take out Savage Hulk... she would get her sh** pushed in by WWH. Diana effortlessly caught a falling meteor that was bigger than a mountain. Terra, who can toss mountains easily, couldn't stop it. Diana did. Easily. Don't know about holding a planet together. Seems impossible. And I don't know what force it would take. Diana has one shot the indestructible Captain Atom. And she's taken nuclear blast, a warp core blast, a blast point blank from an imperiex drone, etc. Oh and she tanked punches from Amazo, Titus, Konvict, and Oblivion. All far above Superman in strength.

Black bolt z
I didn't. I said they were in the same strength class. She does start out much much stronger than Hulk tho. He has to amp to her regular levels. And she regularly holds back. She says so in her own book as not to kill anyone. She may start out stronger. But he amps faaaaaaaaaaar beyond her. To say Diana is as strong or stronger then an angry hulk is asinine if not trolling.

TricksterPriest
Given that she can actually hurt Superman level beings, you're the one who has to prove he can amp past her that fast.

She-Ra-La
She may start out stronger. But he amps faaaaaaaaaaar beyond her. To say Diana is as strong or stronger then an angry hulk is asinine if not trolling. Far beyond her? How can Hulk amp far beyond Diana when she's very close to Superman? Hulk has never amped out of Superman's Strength level range. Ever. In any version.

Black bolt z
Given that she can actually hurt Superman level beings, you're the one who has to prove he can amp past her that fast. What do you mean "that fast"?

Actually your the one claiming Diana is stronger then hulk. Prove it.

She-Ra-La
What do you mean "that fast"?

Actually your the one claiming Diana is stronger then hulk. Prove it. Hulk starts out being able to lift 200,000 pounds. Diana starts out being able to lift billions if not trillions of pounds. And if she's on the ground, she is stronger.

Nihilist
Why dont you post the scans or give issue numbers of when he beat Surfer up, and prove Drax with the gem using feats is stronger than Superman. Still waiting for you to back this up.

Black bolt z
Hulk starts out being able to lift 200,000 pounds. Diana starts out being able to lift billions if not trillions of pounds. And if she's on the ground, she is stronger. Prove either of these as you haven't proven anything yet.

She-Ra-La
Prove either of these as you haven't proven anything yet. Diana stopped a falling meteor bigger than anything Terra could stop. Terra has been able to effortlessly move mountains. Inertia plus weight, would be in the billions if not trillions of pounds for that. Diana also held up the city sized heaven's chariot. anything as big as a city is billions of not trillions of pounds. She also pulled the earth or something like that. that Quintillions of powers Squared.

Silent Master
Since when does Hulk start out only being able to lift 200,000 pounds?

Black bolt z
Diana stopped a falling meteor bigger than anything Terra could stop. Terra has been able to effortlessly move mountains. Inertia plus weight, would be in the billions if not trillions of pounds for that. Diana also held up the city sized heaven's chariot. anything as big as a city is billions of not trillions of pounds. She also pulled the earth or something like that. that Quintillions of powers Squared. Really? Pulling the earth? Thats what your using?

Thats among the most wanked and unquantifiable feats out there.

Silent Master
Plus, she didn't pull the Earth.....her, Superman and MM were trying to keep it in orbit during the Obsidian Age arc...they were failing BTW, GL had to save them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup.

Moondragon was wrong or Drax/Power Gem was jobbing in Blood and Thunder.

For most intents and purposes, Dumb Drax is unstoppable with the Gem. Thor during Blood and Thunder was just Thor in a constantly all out state. His one of the few beings who can beat Drax straight up.

Because having the Gem doesn't by default make you unbeatable. Drax was tapping into subconsciously. If given the chance, at some point he'd have reached a state that would allow him to match Thor. It just wouldn't have happened any time soon.

Thor has shown the ability to match beings despite ever increasing strength. Heck, Ulik in his first appearance IIRC was getting stronger the longer he fought. His fallen so far.

Brockalizer
The power gem gives one access to all the power that is, was, or ever will be in existence right? So in theory that makes his strength potentially greater than Superman, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Mongul, Doomsday and everyone else in the universe combined. People are just assuming that Drax wouldn't be able to tap it's full potential. Logic would dictate that the longer the battle rages then the more powerful Drax would become. Superman may be able to scan him with his X-Ray vision and see that Drax has a gem in his stomach, but he isn't familiar with the infinite gems, for all he know Drax may just be a creature that likes to "pretty rocks". The only real chance Superman would have would be to hit Drax with all of his power behind the first punch and Superman would never do that until he was positive that doing so wouldn't kill his opponent. His refusal to do what is absolutely necessary would be his downfall.

She-Ra-La
Really? Pulling the earth? Thats what your using?

Thats among the most wanked and unquantifiable feats out there. Out of all the feats I mentioned, I'm glad it's only one that you asked if I was using. Yes it is wanked. Not as much as Thor pulling a big fish that wasn't even half as big as the Earth. Or Superman turning wheels of Mageddon. What ever that means. People use feats knowing none of them matter in a fight.

Silent Master
Out of all the feats I mentioned, I'm glad it's only one that you asked if I was using. Yes it is wanked. Not as much as Thor pulling a big fish that wasn't even half as big as the Earth. Or Superman turning wheels of Mageddon. What ever that means. People use feats knowing none of them matter in a fight.

The Midgard Serpent isn't a fish.

Black bolt z
Yup.

For most intents and purposes, Dumb Drax is unstoppable with the Gem. Thor during Blood and Thunder was just Thor in a constantly all out state. His one of the few beings who can beat Drax straight up.

Because having the Gem doesn't by default make you unbeatable. Drax was tapping into subconsciously. If given the chance, at some point he'd have reached a state that would allow him to match Thor. It just wouldn't have happened any time soon.

Thor has shown the ability to match beings despite ever increasing strength. Heck, Ulik in his first appearance IIRC was getting stronger the longer he fought. His fallen so far. And yet 4 comics earlier drax was toying with thor who was in the same mindset as B&T. So no thor is not above drax.

Hyperion Prime
Superman with or without the gem!!!!

Silent Master
You really think Superman would lose either way?

OneDumbG0
Stalemate 5/10. Just as likely that Drax endlessly matches/surpasses Superman as it is that Superman gets a lucky shot to dislodge the Gem like Thor and Gamora did. And while they are still physical peers even bereft of the Gem, Superman is just more cunning.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Stalemate 5/10. Just as likely that Drax endlessly matches/surpasses Superman as it is that Superman gets a lucky shot to dislodge the Gem like Thor and Gamora did. And while they are still physical peers even bereft of the Gem, Superman is just more cunning. Why do people talk about taking the gem from someone?

It kind of defeats the entire purpose of the thread.

Silent Master
Why do people talk about taking the gem from someone?

It kind of defeats the entire purpose of the thread.

Better question, why would Superman even try, it's not like he knows what the gem does and if this is Drax from when the gem was in his stomach. Superman won't even know that Drax has it.

OneDumbG0

Good points. mhmm

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Silent Master
Better question, why would Superman even try, it's not like he knows what the gem does and if this is Drax from when the gem was in his stomach. Superman won't even know that Drax has it.
That is exactly the point I tried to make earlier. Thank God someone has some common sense.

King Kandy
Also, professor Hulk stalemated Drax for a whole issue... great showing there...

TricksterPriest
Ahem. What's stopping him from scanning his opponent? Or possibly sensing the gem? He's got various kinds of sensory perception abilities.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Professor isn't one of the really good versions, is it?

MrMind
drax got choked out by adam warlock..........adam warlock isn't even class 100.

superman wins

King Kandy
Ahem. What's stopping him from scanning his opponent? Or possibly sensing the gem? He's got various kinds of sensory perception abilities.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Professor isn't one of the really good versions, is it?
He's one of the weakest... Drax absolutely sucks, i agree with you that superman should be able to win. I don't remember a single good showing the PG ever allowed Drax to perform.

King Kandy
Originally posted by MrMind

superman wins
it was just the power of suggestion... drax doesn't even need to breathe. He was just such a dumbass that Warlock told him he should get KOd and so he did.

Mindset
When did Drax rip a star in half, or did he rip the core out a star?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mindset
When did Drax rip a star in half, or did he rip the core out a star?
Ironically, his best feats are actually before he got the power gem; i think that was dumb drax in the lead up to Infinity Gauntlet.

Mindset
Do you remember which one it was?

King Kandy
No, i don't think i ever even read the whole issue that happened in.

Black bolt z
Also, professor Hulk stalemated Drax for a whole issue... great showing there... Drax thought that they were literally playing. He wasn't even fighting no expression.Originally posted by MrMind

superman wins In soul world.

Adam anit no p*ssy in actual world much less soul world.

Silent Master

1) Why would he scan Drax and 2) What makes you think he'd be able to sense where Drax is getting some of his power from?

JakeTheBank
Unless Superman knows what the PG is or can somehow scan/sense it and know it's vast importance, I don't think he would bother with it to begin with.

King Kandy
Strange beat Drax in one hit, too.

Black bolt z
Strange beat Drax in one hit, too. When?

King Kandy
When?
i'll try and find it, it was a late issue of IW... it was Strange as in the creation of Dr. Strange, not Dr. Strange himself.

Black bolt z
i'll try and find it, it was a late issue of IW... it was Strange as in the creation of Dr. Strange, not Dr. Strange himself. Whos that?

psycho gundam
He's one of the weakest... Drax absolutely sucks, i agree with you that superman should be able to win. I don't remember a single good showing the PG ever allowed Drax to perform. they were playing around in that issue

Sr J-Bieb
Drax destroyed planetoids and ripped the core out of a small star in his classic form. IE, skinny cape guy.

Drax one shotted powered up Champion, when he had the gem.
Drax broke out of a crater that Surfer couldn't break out of.

Just throwing around sum feetz

King Kandy
Whos that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangers_(Marvel_Comics)

this one.

Black bolt z
Strange beat Drax in one hit, too. Reading that it doesn't sound like a low feat.

OneDumbG0
Also, professor Hulk stalemated Drax for a whole issue... great showing there... Read the fight again. Because this is false. Drax was playing. And Professor Hulk was just trying to contain him.

psycho gundam
hulk was about to beat his ass at the end though uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.