Casey Royer, rock legend?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So two days ago I open Huffington Post only to see a link to a TMZ report saying that "Rock Legend" Casey Royer had ODed on heroin in front of his son and was being charged with endangerment. Now there were a few things that surprised me about this article that I just didn't get. Mainly how anyone in the mainstream media even knows who Casey Royer is. Now the article said he was in Social Distortion.

Casey was in Social Distortion for about as long as Courtney Love was in Faith No More and Belinda Carlisle was in The Germs. I suppose this makes Moby and ex-member of Flipper and Jim O'Rourke and Dave Grohl ex-members of Wings, right?

For those who don't know Casey played drums on the Adolescents self-titled blue album, one of the most important rock albums of all time. He also fronts and is the sole remaining original member of D.I. who put out some good albums, so mediocre albums, and has been primarily known for rerecording the same songs on various studio albums over and over again. I think the peak of Casey's mainstream exposure was singing OC Life with DI on an episode of American Chopper. He played drums on a legendary album when he was a teenager and is mildly associated with a super-popular pop punk band that hasn't made a good recording in 27 years. Does this make him a "rock legend"?

Also, haven't all these old farts from OC like the TSOL guys and Agent Orange guys and the other Adolescents get clean and responsible in the early 90's?

Regardless, hope the kid is ok and hope Casey cleans up his act at the tender young age of 52, only 20 years behind his friends.

Slay
Who the **** does heroin anymore, anyway?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.