Superman vs the haters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
As a Marvel fan I have grown to despise Superman over the years, primarily because of the predictability of the writing, and his "holier than thou" attitude. I know that there are DC fans that feel the same way. You already know he will eventually win by the end of the book, no matter what the odds he will pull something out of his ass and win. Any hardship that he faces is quickly erased after a few issues. The last Superman comic I really enjoyed was the Death of Superman. So with that in mind I decided to post this thread. The Death of Superman version 2.0. The rules are simple. No matter what situation you put him in or who he faces Superman must die in the end. Any character or any event in any universe will work. If you've had an interesting idea for your own way of killing the annoyingly noble Blue Boyscout then let the venom flow.

TricksterPriest
durpalm

JakeTheBank
*sigh*

As someone who started reading Marvel long before DC - I never really read Superman in DC to begin with as a kid, usually just Batman, GL, and old Captain Marvel stuff - I have a healthy respect and admiration for the character. I think the problem is that a bunch of anti-Superman fans simply don't read his really engaging stories or just refuse to let go of their despising of the Man o' Steel because of "Marvel loyalty". Superman's not anywhere close to my favorite character - probably top 10, though - but this notion that he's a flawless and absolutely perfect example of a man/hero is a myth. His books even pointedly show you his flaws.

Give the guy his props, already.

That being said, as far as this thread goes, I'd do something where Superman's powers are drained and he has to save the day as Clark Kent and right before it looks like all is phucked, he gets just enough of a sliver of yellow sunlight to help him move something or whatever before he winds up dying. I think Superman being "super" as Clark is a cool concept if you want to kill him off again. At least for a while.

basilisk
Superman vs Batman

In the Batcave...
"Would you like to try one of my delicious burgers, Superman? I prepared them myself."
"Well, I don't actually need to eat Batman. But they certainly do look delicious. Soooo..." Chomps into the burger "Hmmm... MMMP!! What -- what is this? What have you done to me?"
"The beef in that burger was cooked with red sun radiation Superman. The lettuce was grown under a red sun. The special sauce contains kryptonite. And magic. You're dead, Superman, dead! Ha ha ha!"
"Batman... why?... guk... gaaak...."

-Pr-
smh...

Brockalizer, next time you actually decide to mention Superman in a thread, try, for the love of god TRY to post something approaching accurate information.

I'll leave this open for now, but I don't know how much longer...

Q99
Which differs completely from every other hero out there wink

carver9
Pr... please close this.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
durpalm

durpalm

The Nuul
Not even Carv is this stupid.

SquallX
You know OP, hating on a character is allowed, but why sprout all this bullshit. Guess what, Superman is a hero, and in fiction most of the times the hero always wins at the end.

You want to talk about shitty characters. What about Spider-man beating Fire lord was it.

Captain America beating Onslaught.

Captain America beating Thor, after Thor has defeated most of the heroes.

Hulk beating on Onslaught.

Fantastic Four repelling Galactus from eating Earth at least once a year.

Wolverine fighting evenly with Thor.

See, i can go on, and on, and named shitty Marvel writing.

The Nuul
durpalm Originally posted by Zack Fair
durpalm
durpalm

rotiart
Originally posted by SquallX
You know OP, hating on a character is allowed, but why sprout all this bullshit. Guess what, Superman is a hero, and in fiction most of the times the hero always wins at the end.

You want to talk about shitty characters. What about Spider-man beating Fire lord was it.

Captain America beating Onslaught.

Captain America beating Thor, after Thor has defeated most of the heroes.

Hulk beating on Onslaught.

Fantastic Four repelling Galactus from eating Earth at least once a year.

Wolverine fighting evenly with Thor.

See, i can go on, and on, and named shitty Marvel writing.

All of this is fine... But captain America beats everyone... Except chuck Norris. They would never fight each other. :-)

Badabing
durpalm Originally posted by The Nuul
durpalm durpalmOriginally posted by -Pr-
smh...

Brockalizer, next time you actually decide to mention Superman in a thread, try, for the love of god TRY to post something approaching accurate information.

I'll leave this open for now, but I don't know how much longer... Brock, what Pr said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.