Rugal Bernstein VS Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Time for another round of SNK Boss Syndrome!

KoF '94 Rugal Bernstein

G2n_b1yh3LI
Skip to 7:18 to witness the classic SNK Boss Syndrome unfold before your very eyes.
Genocide Cutter FTW.

VS

SF2 S. Akuma

2WVtUtgchts
Most broken version of Akuma evar.
The A.I. was insane on this game, especially in hardest difficulty.

Orochi-powered big bad VS the Demon, who will win?

Tha C-Master
Gameplay or storymode? I guess gameplay.

Man that Akuma was broken.

No End N Site
94 Rugal was much cheaper, imo.

Capcom bosses are usually never as hard as SNK bosses. SNK bosses are so hard that it is obviously game breaking. Capcom bosses just get the bossly basics and are played by competent AI. ST Akuma was phucked up, tho. He was game breaking. 02' (original, not UM) Boss Rugal has to be in the pantheon of Godly hard bosses (unless you use Athena). Takes me almost an hour to beat'im every time I play.

Still, I gotta say the hardest boss I've ever fought was Shin Ultimate Bison II from EX2+. There is only one documented case of him being beaten by anyone.

nBZcjsoZmW8

Tha C-Master
Well yea. They might give the Capcom bosses the AI and not so much the stats. The SNK bosses get cheesy AI and instant death moves.

That Akuma was sick though, 1 or 2 move wins, better moves in every way.

But the big offenders are Gill, and the Bison from EX3 was probably worse IMO. God Rugal and Shin (God) Akuma could be bad too for some.

There are other games that have cheesy bosses it shows a lack of effort sometimes.

Another thing is SNK bosses tend to have exploits because of their AI patterns. Capcom ones aren't as bad with that.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well yea. They might give the Capcom bosses the AI and not so much the stats. The SNK bosses get cheesy AI and instant death moves.

That Akuma was sick though, 1 or 2 move wins, better moves in every way.

But the big offenders are Gill, and the Bison from EX3 was probably worse IMO. God Rugal and Shin (God) Akuma could be bad too for some.

There are other games that have cheesy bosses it shows a lack of effort sometimes.

Another thing is SNK bosses tend to have exploits because of their AI patterns. Capcom ones aren't as bad with that.

I think so, too. The Cap bosses get the powers you expect, but pretty decent AI.

Ya'know, I think SFI Sagat has to be the most OP of the SF bosses.

I really don't have a problem with the CVS bosses on the hardest difficulty. I can beat'em handily with characters I'm good with. I just turtle the shit outta them. My all time fav boss, gameplay wise, 'is' Gill. He isn't so much cheap as he is just OP and 'very good'. One of the few FG bosses that will make you better at the game cuz it simply boils down to out playin a rather decent AI. He has alotta flaws to tone him down.

And you hit the nail on the head with pointing out that KOF bosses tend to have very bad AI patterns which takes away alotta respect. If you look back, I said, 02 Rugal was one of the hardest KOF bosses ever* (unless you had Athena) take a look...

Y0mGfN-Q_Ps

Bad AI exploited.

Here is a vid of the the bosses of 94-96 getting their AI raped by simple tactics.

Tha C-Master
Pretty much.
Games were so broken back then.
They don't bother me either. Gill is simply better than every character in every way. Although Capcom vs SNK 2 bosses can be more of a pain on K grove than A grove. Especially when they kill you in 2 hits.
Exactly. That's how many "fake difficulty" cheesy characters are. Hence why I prefer "tactical AI", it might border on cheesy sometimes, but it is more entertaining and less insulting.

samirerre
just when i deafeted zero (finnaley)i thought to miself that the final boss couldnt be more broken then zero,until i startred the fight with igniz

Tha C-Master
I bet you liked it.

samirerre
how did you know?
i love hard fighting games

Tha C-Master
I know your soul. I knew it from the moment I saw you post.

No End N Site
There's an AI exploit for Kriz, too. There's and exploit for 'every' KOF boss. And they are 'all' easy to take advantage of win. Many I didn't know til after I played the games.

-TVH70LfDvc

B-bye Krizzy. Lulz

Tha C-Master
It's what I always said, poor AI and overpowered abilities are more fake difficulty than using good technical AI. It's the easy way out.

No End N Site
Too true, man. I'm lookin for SF boss exploits and can't find any.'Cept Seth, I found his on my own..

Tha C-Master
Yea, he's the only one I can think of. Some characters are more suited for others, but nothing that bad.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by No End N Site
There's and exploit for 'every' KOF boss. And they are 'all' easy to take advantage of win.

Well, there is, as is every fighting game evar.

I disagree though that they are 'all' easy.
Krizalid's was perhaps the easiest.

Take for example, Magaki.
Even with the barrel-roll exploit, it's almost impossible to pull when fighting him in max difficulty.
The AI can auto-counter everything you dish out. You need skill and speed to win the battle, no amount of luck will save you.

Too true, man. I'm lookin for SF boss exploits and can't find any.
You sure bout that?

SFA3 S. Bison was incredibly flawed.

N8fzf8-ohys

I used a different tactic however.
I time a flying kick when he ducks and throws a projectile, then use the Shoryuken exploit.
Shoryuken or block when he backs off (when Bison is about use his Super)

Rrn_ujmWNbM

Notice how S. Bison keeps repeating the same moves over and over again.
When he ducks, you just know he's about to throw a projectile.

Tha C-Master
He has certain patterns as do all bosses in some ways, but you aren't exploiting the same thing over and over, like the fireball reflect counter.

Frisky Dingo
He has certain patterns as do all bosses in some ways, but you aren't exploiting the same thing over and over, like the fireball reflect counter.

Yup, S.Vega is EZ 2 read. His AI is weak, but not brain dead. The 02 Rugal and Kriz R just ridiculous. I didn't even no about that.

Too true, man. I'm lookin for SF boss exploits and can't find any. Gill N 2I had one. Altho, it only worked on mid difficulty, U had 2 score a knock down N the corner, U had 2 have S.Gouki. U have 2 stand over him and throw Zankus right B4 he got up without moving an inch. He would never block them.

Make what U want out of that.

Tha C-Master
Shin Akuma in SFA3 is a lot meaner.

Frisky Dingo
He was. The combos he would do on U were crazy. His ability 2 chain so many of his normals and specials 2gether pretty much broke the game. It was like he never stopped attacking

Tha C-Master
I can remember the nonstop grunting when he fought. They did weaken his demon but it chained from LP.

AsbestosFlaygon
Shin Akuma in SFA3 is a lot meaner.
LOL really?
He's a piece of cake.
Use anyone with a Shoryuken punch, bring him into the corner, and Shoryuken the life out of him.
Sometimes he teleports, but if he does, bring him back into the corner again, then Shoryuken.

Ever heard of the Shoryuken exploit?
It's basically the tactic I mentioned above. It works with any CPU opponent, even in the hardest difficulty setting.
Just use a character with uppercut move (Ryu, Dan, Sagat, etc)

AsbestosFlaygon
Hardest SF boss I've fought is probably Gill.
He was much harder to beat than S. Bison or S. Akuma of SFA3.
In the highest difficulty setting, he throws moves at random and he would parry and counter your moves with almost precise timing.

Tha C-Master
I'd say SF2 Akuma.

SFA3 was sometimes open to DP's.

Although I didn't really have a problem with the difficulty, I meant for the typical gamer.

Frisky Dingo
I can remember the nonstop grunting when he fought. They did weaken his demon but it chained from LP.

Compared 2 how EZ S.Vega was N comparison, that didn't mean much.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Ever heard of the Shoryuken exploit?

I have, but it had nothing 2 do with what U'R talking about. It was sumthing totally different.

Tha C-Master
True.

samirerre
gill was hard
but sf2 s.akuma was harder

Tha C-Master
Yea, so broken.

Some people say making games more complex allows for more breakers, when the most basic stuff had the worst game breakers.

Frisky Dingo
Just having a midair Hadouken broke the game. Altho that's nothing compared 2 Sagat killing U with a single Tiger Knee, even on block N SFI.

Tha C-Master
Exactly, nowadays you have more options against that. Say in Capcom vs SNK2, you have tons of characters and supers and gauges. But in that game you had a few moves and characters, it left you with little ways to counter it.

In SF1 a Shoryuken was an instant death too.

Frisky Dingo
Sagat and Adon were immune 2 the DPs of death. It actually takes about 3 or 4 to kill them.

7cNTUNSUvYw

Tha C-Master
Those things were hard for most to do on cue.

They're still very powerful though, I thought it was one. I guess it is in some instances.

Frisky Dingo
That's what pissed me off. U had a hellish time Xecuting your specials but the CPU did there's winever the heck felt like it. It reminds me of DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22

Tha C-Master
I remember that DBZ game. I was godly with Hercule.

Didn't Sagat get a Tiger Knee on Ryu in the match?

Frisky Dingo
I hate that game. It was a terrible DBZ game. I thought that its OST was it's only redeeming quality.

The damage distribution N SFI is kind of wonky. Sumtimes DPs Nstant killed, sum times not. I found a vid of Ryu killing Sagat with 1 DP.

mBP9SjV7bys

Lol, N the other vid he had 2 hit Sagat with it 3 times.

Darkstorm Zero
A triple hitting Shoryuken to OHKO Sagat?

Err..... damn!

Tha C-Master
Lol, I thought so.

Akuma just doesn't compare. stick out tongue

samirerre
sf1 wasnt hard
the buttoms were bad
it actully made tou think the game was hard

Tha C-Master
Maybe.

Frisky Dingo
Thing is, I don't C the 3 hits.

Tha C-Master
What do you mean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.