Infinity Man vs. Amazo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

She-Ra-La
Two fights
First Fight, Amazo with the original 7's powers versus Classic IM.

Second Fight, Amazo who had everyone who was in the league or reserves when Superman had to disband the league to beat him, vs. The uber Source powered IM.

Prep-Man
Amazo probably.

Nihilist
Nvr seen this fight before!

Galan007
First battle: IM.

Second battle: Toss a coin. On one hand, 'Agent of the Source' IM wrecked every single New God in existence AND went toe to toe with an ALE empowered Scott Free -- but on the other hand, JSA-Gog appeared to be IM's equal in their brief encounter... And JSA-Gog was ultimately beaten by the cumulative efforts of the JSA.

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by Galan007
First battle: IM.

Second battle: Toss a coin. On one hand, 'Agent of the Source' IM wrecked every single New God in existence AND went toe to toe with an ALE empowered Scott Free -- but on the other hand, JSA-Gog appeared to be IM's equal in their brief encounter... And JSA-Gog was ultimately beaten by the cumulative efforts of the JSA. It looked more like IM just didn't want to fight the IM in that story.

Galan007
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
It looked more like IM just didn't want to fight the IM in that story. confused

She-Ra-La
confused Sorry. Meant looked like IM didn't want to fight Gog in that story.

Omega Vision
confused Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Sorry. Meant looked like IM didn't want to fight Gog in that story.
That was my impression too. It was more like Infinity Man didn't care to fight an unnecessary battle.

Galan007
Sorry. Meant looked like IM didn't want to fight Gog in that story. Disagree.

Imo:
1.) IM sensed Gog's energy-type and went to earth to investigate/kill him.
2.) They began fighting and IM realized how powerful Gog was.
3.) IM either realized that he could not beat Gog, or possibly that a continued battle would prolong his goals (slaying the New Gods.)
4.) IM leaves the field.

Since IM was the one who brought the fight to Gog, he likely would have killed him if he could have done so quickly. Either way, IM not slaying Gog leads me to believe that he was a lot more powerful than he thought.

It's debatable either way though -- that's all I'm saying. Personally, I'd be more inclined to side with IM in the second bout.

She-Ra-La
Disagree.

Imo:
1.) IM senses Gog's energy-type and went to earth to investigate/kill him.
2.) They begin fighting and IM realized how powerful Gog is.
3.) IM either realizes that he cannot beat Gog, or possibly that a continued battle would prolong his goals (slaying the New Gods.)
4.) IM leaves the field.

Since IM was the one who brought the fight to Gog, he likely would have killed him if he could have. Either way, him not slaying Gog leads me to believe that he was a lot more powerful than IM thought.

It's debatable either way though. Personally, I'd be more inclined to side with IM. I believe IM sensed the true Gog's energy.

Galan007
^ Right. Then he ran into Gog (the herald) and realized, "hey, I don't know if I can win... And even if I do it will take a LONG time" -- then he left.

Black bolt z
IM in both.

TricksterPriest
Galan: Can Amazo copy Infinity Man?

Galan007
It would absolutely be within Amazo's ability to do so.

I was just of the opinion that Amazo is only allowed to use the powers listed in the OP -- but if he can still copy powers here (which I doubt is the case) he definitely wins.

TricksterPriest
Figured as much. Hell, he might be able to copy the Source-boosted IM too.

She-Ra-La
^ Right. Then he ran into Gog (the herald) and realized, "hey, I don't know if I can win... And even if I do it will take a LONG time" -- then he left. He could have killed Gog easily. But I don't think he wanted to kill him. Hence why it would take him longer just to Subdue him.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Figured as much. Hell, he might be able to copy the Source-boosted IM too. That's who I was referring to.

The Worlogog (even half of it's power) >> IM in any incarnation -- and Amazo had no problems copying that.

He could have killed Gog easily. In your opinion.

She-Ra-La
That's who I was referring to.

The Worlogog (even half of it's power) >> IM in any incarnation -- and Amazo had no problems copying that.

In your opinion. Gog didn't seem more impressive than say, the Black Racer, who was killed, easily. It's much easier to break something, than handle it with care.

john allerdyce
Gog didn't seem more impressive than say, the Black Racer, who was killed, easily. yeah that part of the story still doesnt make sense. if the guy who literally embodies death is destroyed how in the fuk were more new gods still able to die?

Galan007
^ I've thought about that before.

My thoughts: None of the New Gods were actually destroyed in the literal sense. Yes, their bodies may have been killed, but the energies they housed still existed (if you recall, Darkseid absorbed said energies to combat the Source.)

That said, because the Black Racer's energies still existed, perhaps the concept he embodied was still present on some level..? Or maybe it just wasn't something the writers thought about.

WhiteWitchKing
^ Right. Then he ran into Gog (the herald) and realized, "hey, I don't know if I can win... And even if I do it will take a LONG time" -- then he left. . I recell them fighting but why was the infinity man trying to kill him anyways? I take it as IM realizing that gog was a god of the third world And not an agent of darkseid. Thus he left rather then killing a god that was never his intended purpose. His fight with Scott free was far more impressive then the little scuffle with gog. Gonna go with Im in both. Even ALE Scott free couldn't the guy down.

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
His fight with Scott free was far more impressive then the little scuffle with gog. Gonna go with Im in both. Even ALE Scott free couldn't the guy down. I agree.

TricksterPriest
^ I've thought about that before.

My thoughts: None of the New Gods were actually destroyed in the literal sense. Yes, their bodies may have been killed, but the energies they housed still existed (if you recall, Darkseid absorbed said energies to combat the Source.)

That said, because the Black Racer's energies still existed, perhaps the concept he embodied was still present on some level..? Or maybe it just wasn't something the writers thought about.

Or....Starlin is a ****ing moron who has no idea how to write the new gods.

DOTNG isn't canon anymore anyway. big grin

WhiteWitchKing

DOTNG isn't canon anymore anyway. big grin

Based on what?

TricksterPriest
Final Crisis and Seven Soldiers.

WhiteWitchKing
Final Crisis and Seven Soldiers.

Which part of Final Crisis or Seven Soldiers retcons it?

TricksterPriest
Orion being alive. And the fact that nobody in FC seems to recall DOTNG or reference it. In fact, they're puzzled by what's going on.

WhiteWitchKing
Orion being alive.

In FC? I recall him being dead on that one.

?Wasn't Superman the only one to actually participate in DOTNG? Forgetting DOTNG and Count Down wasn't the only thing, they all talked like retards as if they've just heard of the new gods.

Everyone was puzzled by the way the JLA and GL corps spouted nonesense as if the entire the continuity of the New Gods never existed until FC. Atleast with DOTNG, there was a war in heaven and Darkseid and Orion did die as a result. FC tied into DOTNG as best it could, not entirely retconning what happened.

TricksterPriest
Agreed. But Starlin's version of the war in heaven did not occur.

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
FC tied into DOTNG as best it could, not entirely retconning what happened. Countdown tied into FC as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.