Gladiator vs Thanos h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sr J-Bieb
Gladiator going all out. Full confidence throughout.

Thanos can amp. No shields.

1. Gladiator using his super speed

2. Gladiator not using his super speed

no BFR

Nihilist
Thanos punches him to death easy in both matchups.

Glads has never shown he can beat or hang with Thanos lvl guys in a 1v1 fight.

carver9
Gladiator win 6/10.

Black bolt z
Gladiator gets used as toilet paper. But his hair being like steel wool he cuts thanos up before he gets clean.

Galan007
Gladiator DESTROYS him.

herbhappy

kgkg
Gladiator gets stomped.

Nice thread.

Juk3n
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator win 6/10.

No herald beats Thanos. None.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Juk3n
No herald beats Thanos. None. Tell that to people that think superman beats thanos.

Estacado
Gladiator win 6/10.
This.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Tell that to people that think superman beats thanos.

Superman is more than a mere herald. sneer He's got better feats in slugging it out than almost anyone.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Superman is more than a mere herald. sneer He's got better feats in slugging it out than almost anyone. Sure. Whatever you say.

Not sure if your kidding or not though.

quanchi112
Thanos.

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by Juk3n
No herald beats Thanos. None. How many Heralds have slugged it out with Thanos with no amping? Gamora hurt Thanos and she at best is a low herald. Wolverine hurt Thanos when Thanos had the IG. Evidence does not support this statement.

quanchi112
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
How many Heralds have slugged it out with Thanos with no amping? Gamora hurt Thanos and she at best is a low herald. Wolverine hurt Thanos when Thanos had the IG. Evidence does not support this statement. Thanos was toying with Gamora and he trained her so she has familiarity with him. Thanos was letting heroes attack from all sides his attention won't be all over the battlefield nor will he be attempting to woo mistress death.

Thanos beat the snot out of Norrin and easily manhandled pro. hulk and thing while also dominating Mar-vell physically.

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos was toying with Gamora and he trained her so she has familiarity with him. Thanos was letting heroes attack from all sides his attention won't be all over the battlefield nor will he be attempting to woo mistress death.

Thanos beat the snot out of Norrin and easily manhandled pro. hulk and thing while also dominating Mar-vell physically. Thing is not a herald. Hulk at his professor levels is certainly no beasts. And toying with Gamora does not change Thanos's durability. She still hurt him. Superman can toy with batman all day, Batman would never hurt Superman without some kind of amp.

Hyperion Prime
Thanos 9/10 in this battle. All the confidence in the world is not helping Glads. Actually Thanos beats him to death just like he did Surfer...just leaves his body there and walks away. He would do the same to Superman or any other herald level guy minus Orion, Black Adam, Captain Marvel or Thor.

She-Ra-La
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Thanos 9/10 in this battle. All the confidence in the world is not helping Glads. Actually Thanos beats him to death just like he did Surfer...just leaves his body there and walks away. He would do the same to Superman or any other herald level guy minus Orion, Black Adam, Captain Marvel or Thor. Thanos beat Superman to Death??? Hell no. Not in a hand to hand only match.

guy222
kallark gets stomped

carver9
Gladiator wins 6/10

Badabing
Gladiator win 6/10. Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator wins 6/10 mmm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm He put a period at the end of one mad.

Badabing
He put a period at the end of one mad. And you act like you're on your period. ohno

biscuits

Black bolt z
And you act like you're on your period. ohno

biscuits I'm just defending my lov....I mean friend Carver embarrasment

Slaanesh
Thanos easily..

Badabing
I'm just defending my lov....I mean friend Carver embarrasment laughing out loud

I always mess with Carver. He likes the attention. stick out tongue

Damborgson
Yeah Thanos wins pretty easy. Gladiator isnt going to hurt him.

carver9
Gladiator wins the majority.

-Pr-
Sure. Whatever you say.

Not sure if your kidding or not though.

He actually does.

quanchi112
Originally posted by She-Ra-La
Thing is not a herald. Hulk at his professor levels is certainly no beasts. And toying with Gamora does not change Thanos's durability. She still hurt him. Superman can toy with batman all day, Batman would never hurt Superman without some kind of amp. Gamora isn't just a skilled human being. She's on another level in a fight than Batman and that's besides the point.

Overpowering both the Hulk and thing is very impressive.

Gladiator wins 6/10 Care to back up your case ?

chomperx9
gladiator has more feats and is more known using physical damage compared to THanos

Nihilist
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Thanos easily.. thumb up Thanos wouldnt even notice Gladiator.

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
gladiator has more feats and is more known using physical damage compared to THanos Thanos overpowered the Hulk and the Thing easily. Thanos beat the Surfer to near death with a few punches. Thanos physically raped Mar-vell a being who was easily well beyond Nova and the Surfer.

Glads has been beaten by Hulk, Thor, had his arm broken before--can't remember the character's name off hand who did it, etc.

Glads isn't beyond any of the characters Thanos owns like the Hulk or the Surfer.

Warlord
Clark gets stomped...eh.. I mean Kalark

carver9
Gladiator has defeated Thor before... Gladiator was toying with Hulk and his radiation weakness defeated him, not the Hulk... the guy that broke Gladiator arm (which healed in a panel) was aleady a high 100 tonner, then he amped himself and absorbed power from every being in his race... he received a MAJOR amp... then they fight again, Gladiator wipes out his entire crew of super humans that was also teamed with super powered skrulls (which also got wiped out by a pissed Glads) and then Glads takes him out as well.

Thanos took out a weak Professor Hulk and a lame thing. Gladiator took out the entire fantastic four and one shotted Thing. Masterson gave Thanos a fight, even while amped with the gems but Masterson got treated like a rag doll when he face Glads and only defeated him by back stabbing him when he was almost down and out with a superior opponent in front of him laughing in his face.

Then we have Wolverine being capable of clawing Thanos but the entire Xmen failing (including Wolverine) to even put a scratch on Gladiator.

Gladiator wins the majority.

iceman24567
Thanos easily it would be a pimpslap fest

Prep-Man
Thanos.

GRIMNIR
Thanos definitely has more wisdom and intelligence
Gladiator definitely has more speed

For strength, durability and combat and fighting skills is is very close

Overall powers I think Thanos wins

but H2H I think it is 5 wins each stick out tongue

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up Thanos wouldnt even notice Gladiator.

thumb up

The Nuul
Its funny how Glads wins but Supes doesnt.

BattleMage
Gladiator puts up one HELL OF A FIGHT!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Gladiator has defeated Thor before... Gladiator was toying with Hulk and his radiation weakness defeated him, not the Hulk... the guy that broke Gladiator arm (which healed in a panel) was aleady a high 100 tonner, then he amped himself and absorbed power from every being in his race... he received a MAJOR amp... then they fight again, Gladiator wipes out his entire crew of super humans that was also teamed with super powered skrulls (which also got wiped out by a pissed Glads) and then Glads takes him out as well.

Thanos took out a weak Professor Hulk and a lame thing. Gladiator took out the entire fantastic four and one shotted Thing. Masterson gave Thanos a fight, even while amped with the gems but Masterson got treated like a rag doll when he face Glads and only defeated him by back stabbing him when he was almost down and out with a superior opponent in front of him laughing in his face.

Then we have Wolverine being capable of clawing Thanos but the entire Xmen failing (including Wolverine) to even put a scratch on Gladiator.

Gladiator wins the majority. I see you've reached new levels of retardation carver. Thanos doesn't even notice Glads period. He would view him as a mere ant and probably just laugh at him while he was punching away at THanos. Then, when Thanos bores of the affair.. a few good pimp slaps and it's all over. Glads doesn't even take one or even make him work for anything, let alone take a majority. All your examples wreak of failure. You just listed people glads "beat" but in fact, he didn't beat them.. he lost to them. Name me one herald that has beaten Thanos one v one with no amp? You can't, wanna know why, because Thanos doesn't lose to heralds.. he's a team wrecker. Glads on the other hand... well we know how he's done.. you listed his losses to heralds yourself lol

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I see you've reached new levels of retardation carver. Thanos doesn't even notice Glads period. He would view him as a mere ant and probably just laugh at him while he was punching away at THanos. Then, when Thanos bores of the affair.. a few good pimp slaps and it's all over. Glads doesn't even take one or even make him work for anything, let alone take a majority. All your examples wreak of failure. You just listed people glads "beat" but in fact, he didn't beat them.. he lost to them. Name me one herald that has beaten Thanos one v one with no amp? You can't, wanna know why, because Thanos doesn't lose to heralds.. he's a team wrecker. Glads on the other hand... well we know how he's done.. you listed his losses to heralds yourself lol

Gladiator did beat thor. He kicked that hammer right out of his hand. If it wasnt for Thor Girl and the Enchantress thor would be dead a good 20 years real life time. It's funny how people forget the being saved by two people part.

Naija boy
Thanos wrecks

quanchi112

Gladiator wins the majority. By toying do you mean trying to bfr off the planet and hving right through to his heart ? That isn't toying it's trying to defeat your opponent any way you can which he failed. Hulk redirected the hv and had Glads at his mercy.

Hulk had him at his mercy prior to weakness exploitation. He dragged his carcass over to it.

Yeah, he broke his arm easily not a real convincing showing from Kallark.

Overpowering Thing and Hulk at the same time is more impressive than beating up the ff.

Thanos wasn't just fighting masterson he was fighting hero after hero. It's a lot different fighting an entire group of heroes than one guy. Masterson beat Glads to the point of death while Thanos easily beat Thor.

Yes, Wolverine cut him but didn't defeat him. Glads meanwhile gets beat to near death by masteron thor's strikes while a power gem Thor only managed to bloody Thanos' nose.

Thanos could beat him while sitting down.

carver9
By toying do you mean trying to bfr off the planet and hving right through to his heart ? That isn't toying it's trying to defeat your opponent any way you can which he failed. Hulk redirected the hv and had Glads at his mercy.

Hulk had him at his mercy prior to weakness exploitation. He dragged his carcass over to it.

Yeah, he broke his arm easily not a real convincing showing from Kallark.

Overpowering Thing and Hulk at the same time is more impressive than beating up the ff.

Thanos wasn't just fighting masterson he was fighting hero after hero. It's a lot different fighting an entire group of heroes than one guy. Masterson beat Glads to the point of death while Thanos easily beat Thor.

Yes, Wolverine cut him but didn't defeat him. Glads meanwhile gets beat to near death by masteron thor's strikes while a power gem Thor only managed to bloody Thanos' nose.

Thanos could beat him while sitting down.

I wonder why Masterson couldn't beat Gladiator down before the sneak attack. Think Quan... THINK.

Badabing
Think Quan... THINK. laughing out loud

Uriel005
Thanos overpowered the Hulk and the Thing easily. Thanos beat the Surfer to near death with a few punches. Thanos physically raped Mar-vell a being who was easily well beyond Nova and the Surfer.

Glads has been beaten by Hulk, Thor, had his arm broken before--can't remember the character's name off hand who did it, etc.

Glads isn't beyond any of the characters Thanos owns like the Hulk or the Surfer. not necessarily saying much when you talk about beating surfer in a fist fight. His jaw is made of cracked glass at times and at times really disappoints me and I really like surfer...

quanchi112
I wonder why Masterson couldn't beat Gladiator down before the sneak attack. Think Quan... THINK. Because he wasn't skilled or confident enough. He got the opening he needed and proceeded to beat the life from Gladiator. Thanos takes on the real deal with the power gem and grins.

I am grinning now at how easily the direct comparison between these two makes it so unbelievable crystal clear.

Take your own advice.Originally posted by Uriel005
not necessarily saying much when you talk about beating surfer in a fist fight. His jaw is made of cracked glass at times and at times really disappoints me and I really like surfer... When his his jaw made of glass ?

carver9
Because he wasn't skilled or confident enough. He got the opening he needed and proceeded to beat the life from Gladiator. Thanos takes on the real deal with the power gem and grins.

I am grinning now at how easily the direct comparison between these two makes it so unbelievable crystal clear.

Take your own advice. When his his jaw made of glass ?

There ya go... he saw a opening on an opponent that was his superior. Thanos has never been put in a situation like that because he isn't as arrogant as Glads. Glads had Masterson dead to rights. Thanos showing against Masterson wasn't all that great. He got slung light years away with a hammer toss and then he was a punching bag for masterson.

Masterson never got those opportunities until Glads allowed it just like Gamora didn't get those opportunities on Thanos until Thanos allowed it (get my point?).

I can see Gladiator treating Thanos just like he treats every one else. If Glads actually hold back that cocky attitude he has, he could possibly win.

Nihilist
There ya go... he saw a opening on an opponent that was his superior. Thanos has never been put in a situation like that because he isn't as arrogant as Glads. Glads had Masterson dead to rights. Thanos showing against Masterson wasn't all that great. He got slung light years away with a hammer toss and then he was a punching bag for masterson.

Masterson never got those opportunities until Glads allowed it just like Gamora didn't get those opportunities on Thanos until Thanos allowed it (get my point?).

I can see Gladiator treating Thanos just like he treats every one else. If Glads actually hold back that cocky attitude he has, he could possibly win. Do you wanna do a battlezone with Thanos/Glads h2h then? OR are you gonna still hide away in this thread trying to use low feats/lowball ignoring context and everything people say.

carver9
Do you wanna do a battlezone with Thanos/Glads h2h then? OR are you gonna still hide away in this thread trying to use low feats/lowball ignoring context and everything people say.

Stay out of grown people business. This is between me and Quan.

Nihilist
Stay out of grown people business. This is between me and Quan. So you have taken the second option then troll.

carver9
Didn't Pr ask you to put me on ignore. That would be very helpful if you did that... especially if you think I am a troll. I have nothing to offer you so put me on ignore please.

Nihilist
Didn't Pr ask you to put me on ignore. That would be very helpful if you did that... especially if you think I am a troll. I have nothing to offer you so put me on ignore please. Put you on ignore so you can continue to lie and lowball your way through every thread, nah i like calling cowards on their bullshit.

carver9
Put you on ignore so you can continue to lie and lowball your way through every thread, nah i like calling cowards on their bullshit.

Nihilist, calm down and put your pamper on. From this day forward, I am ignoring ALL of your post.

Nice debating with ya.

Nihilist
I am calm, thanks for showing your true colours about wanting to continue to troll.

Yuouve never actually debated with me, only cowardly excuses is all you offer

Black bolt z
Nihilist, calm down and put your pamper on. From this day forward, I am ignoring ALL of your post.

Nice debating with ya. He calls everyone who doesn't agree with him a troll.Originally posted by Uriel005
not necessarily saying much when you talk about beating surfer in a fist fight. His jaw is made of cracked glass at times and at times really disappoints me and I really like surfer... Sometimes surfer has a glass jaw and sometimes hes almost in the thor range. But usually in the middle.

The Nuul
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos easily it would be a pimpslap fest

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Gladiator did beat thor. He kicked that hammer right out of his hand. If it wasnt for Thor Girl and the Enchantress thor would be dead a good 20 years real life time.

thumb up

The Nuul
Quan and Carv going at it...

Its almost worth taking them off on ignore.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/bwen/0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

My money is on Carv.

carver9
He calls everyone who doesn't agree with him a troll. Sometimes surfer has a glass jaw and sometimes hes almost in the thor range. But usually in the middle.

That is why he is on ignore now, so I won't see any of that foolishness anymore. I come on here to debate, not argue with someone I don't even know.

PillarofOsiris
Gladiator has defeated Thor before...

Thanks to the now defunct 60 second curse. (Aren't you the one always saying I leave out context)? Then Thor came back and beat Gladiator's ass, after which Gladiator said "Thor is too powerful for me". I also remember once he went to Odin to beg him to stop Thor because he couldn't. Then there was the time the inexperienced Eric Masterson, who barely knew how to use Thor's powers beat Gladiator.

Gladiator stands no chance against whatsoever against Thanos in this fight. Superman would stand a much better chance of at least pulling off a couple of wins.

Nihilist
He calls everyone who doesn't agree with him a troll. I call people trolls who ignore evidence given,ignore context and dont back up what they say, ironic it was you made a comment on this.

Omega Vision
^ Everyone's a troll but me. sneer

Nihilist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
^ Everyone's a troll but me. sneer thumb up......dur

The Nuul
^ Everyone's a troll but me. sneer

Nah, you're Nvrs sock account.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Thanks to the now defunct 60 second curse. (Aren't you the one always saying I leave out context)? Then Thor came back and beat Gladiator's ass, after which Gladiator said "Thor is too powerful for me". I also remember once he went to Odin to beg him to stop Thor because he couldn't. Then there was the time the inexperienced Eric Masterson, who barely knew how to use Thor's powers beat Gladiator.

Gladiator stands no chance against whatsoever against Thanos in this fight. Superman would stand a much better chance of at least pulling off a couple of wins.

QFT

I love how people use the instance of a bloodlusted future Glads with prep attacking Jake Olsen and his girlfriend's daughter and exploiting the now defunct 60 second hammer enchantment as reasoning as how he can beat Thor. While also leaving out once Thor was over his initial shock and trying to understand what the hell was up with Glad's, beat the living shit out of him. A prepared Gladiator with the intent to kill Thor couldn't even manage to take him head on and beat him while exploiting his powerless civilian/mortal guise and endangering innocent people.

Nihilist
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
QFT

I love how people use the instance of a bloodlusted future Glads with prep attacking Jake Olsen and his girlfriend's daughter and exploiting the now defunct 60 second hammer enchantment as reasoning as how he can beat Thor. While also leaving out once Thor was over his initial shock and trying to understand what the hell was up with Glad's, beat the living shit out of him. A prepared Gladiator with the intent to kill Thor couldn't even manage to take him head on and beat him without exploiting his powerless civilian/mortal guise and endangering innocent people. Well said thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

What's up Pillar? I was wondering when we were going to debate against each other again.

As for your comment... Gladiator was standing over Masterson laughing because he ran through him like he ran through the rest of the avengers (even punched Wonderman through the core of the planet). While he was laughing, Masterson hit him in the back with a lightning bolt which stunned him and then he pressed his attack. With that said, I guess you are saying Thanos will back stab him to win but get his a** whipped throughout the fight.

As for the Thor fight, Thor got his hammer kicked out his hands by Glads and then got punched to sleep. Thor wakes up, battle Glads again, they rescue some people on a plane, talk, and Thor sneaks attack him. Thor girl shows up and finish him off (with a blast that was stated as being capable of rivaling Odins power).

Gladiator stands a better chance again Thanos than Supes since Glads is stronger.

JakeTheBank
As for the Thor fight, Thor got his hammer kicked out his hands by Glads and then got punched to sleep. Thor wakes up, battle Glads again, they rescue some people on a plane, talk, and Thor sneaks attack him. Thor girl shows up and finish him off (with a blast that was stated as being capable of rivaling Odins power).

Gladiator stands a better chance again Thanos than Supes since Glads is stronger.

Lots of missing context there. Lots. As in, how the fight between the two started to begin with.

As far as Glads being stronger goes....

no expression

BigSid
What's up Pillar? I was wondering when we were going to debate against each other again.

As for your comment... Gladiator was standing over Masterson laughing because he ran through him like he ran through the rest of the avengers (even punched Wonderman through the core of the planet). While he was laughing, Masterson hit him in the back with a lightning bolt which stunned him and then he pressed his attack. With that said, I guess you are saying Thanos will back stab him to win but get his a** whipped throughout the fight.

I don't remember Glads running through the rest of the Avengers in that issue, he only fought Wonderman before Thor, as I remember it Masterson didn't want to fight Gladiator at first so Wonderman went out to take him on, got beat and Vision went to step up but Masterson stopped him and went out after him?

Tyrant
Thanos stomps.

carver9
Glads 6/10

Nihilist
Thanos 10/10

Glads doesnt have any feats to say he can compete at this lvl.

Miss Maxima
Thanos 10/10

Glads doesnt have any feats to say he can compete at this lvl. Gladiator's energy output briefly matched Tyrant with no outside amp. If he can put that same energy into his punches, I'd say he is well able to match Thanos in terms of amping punches.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Miss Maxima
Gladiator's energy output briefly matched Tyrant with no outside amp. If he can put that same energy into his punches, I'd say he is well able to match Thanos in terms of amping punches. He never matched Tyrants energy output, he hit Tyrant with his eye beams then Tyrant fired back casually overpowering Glads beams. And Glads doesnt use energy to amp his punches.

Thanos did briefly match Tyrant in a strength lock up without using the orb as the orb was dull and lifeless, whenever Thanos used the orb it was glowing/radiating with energy.

Miss Maxima
He never matched Tyrants energy output, he hit Tyrant with his eye beams then Tyrant fired back casually overpowering Glads beams. And Glads doesnt use energy to amp his punches.

Thanos did briefly match Tyrant in a strength lock up without using the orb as the orb was dull and lifeless, whenever Thanos used the orb it was glowing/radiating with energy. What? Dull and lifeless? Wolverine could lock up with Superman. Not because he can match Superman's strength but because his bone's durablilty, if standing in the right position, would prevent Superman from further pressing down ward. Thanos's durability is what prevented Tyrant from pressing down further. Not that it matters. Tyrant has no strength feats what so ever. Unimpressive.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Miss Maxima
What? Dull and lifeless? Wolverine could lock up with Superman. Not because he can match Superman's strength but because his bone's durablilty, if standing in the right position, would prevent Superman from further pressing down ward. Thanos's durability is what prevented Tyrant from pressing down further. Not that it matters. Tyrant has no strength feats what so ever. Unimpressive. Yeah the orb wasnt glowing/radiating like it did everytime Thanos used it before. Tyrant was a good 2 feet taller than Thanos so he had a clear advantage from stand point, so his strength stopped him.

laughing out loud Tyrant completely flattened Beta Ray Bill with 1 punch after taking a full hammer shot.

So when has Glads ever amped his punches using energy?

Bouboumaster
Thanos takes on Gladiator, Surfer, Superman, all in h2h, at the same times. And he still wins.

Black bolt z
^ Everyone's a troll but me. sneer Delph gonna smack you.

PillarofOsiris

I'm pretty sure we disagree on just about everything, so I'm sure we'll be debating a lot more. As for your comment, I think Jake beat me to what I was going to say.

Omega Vision
Delph gonna smack you.
He can bring it.

Black bolt z
He can bring it. awecreep

quanchi112

I can see Gladiator treating Thanos just like he treats every one else. If Glads actually hold back that cocky attitude he has, he could possibly win. Yes, Glads did but th epoint is hammer shots can kill Glads pretty quickly whereas they can't kill or even ko Thanos. Even a more skilled not holding back Thor with the aid of the power gem couldn't do it yet a noob Masterson beat Kallark's head in.

No, I don't getyour points at all since Thanos didn't lose to Gamora and I am not arguing Masteron can beat him only his body can't withstand hammer shots like Thanos' can.

No, Glads has no chance Thanos is on another level.

carver9
Yes, Glads did but th epoint is hammer shots can kill Glads pretty quickly whereas they can't kill or even ko Thanos. Even a more skilled not holding back Thor with the aid of the power gem couldn't do it yet a noob Masterson beat Kallark's head in.

No, I don't getyour points at all since Thanos didn't lose to Gamora and I am not arguing Masteron can beat him only his body can't withstand hammer shots like Thanos' can.

No, Glads has no chance Thanos is on another level.

Lol... hammer shot never put Gladiator to the point of death. Hell, Thor beat Gladiator down with hammer hits (sneak attack), THEN hit him with a anti matter blast THEN Thor girl came, grabbed Kallark and hit him with a blast that was stated as being powerful enough to rival Odins own power (I think Thor said the blast surpassed Odins power) and even after this blast, Gladiator was up a couple of panels later.

Gladiator durability is insane, magic is his downfall.

Thanos was getting that a** handed to him by Gamora. Gamora wouldn't even be recognized by someone like Gladiator. Look at how Gladiator treated Masterson, Nova, the fantastic four. and Binar; he toyed with them. A serious Gladiator would WRECK them and Nova even stated this when he said "Gladiator, one of the strongest lugnuts in the universe".

If Gladiator isn't playing with Thanos, he has the power to drop him. If he plays around and dust his cloths off like he was doing with the Hulk, standing over Thanos laughing like he did to Masterson... or toying around like he did with Cannonball and Nova... Thanos could pull the majority.

JakeTheBank
Carver, you really need to take a step back, bro. erm

carver9
Carver, you really need to take a step back, bro. erm

Lol... am I lying jake (besides the taking Thanos out thing)?

JakeTheBank
Lol... am I lying jake (besides the taking Thanos out thing)?

Besides your out of context take on Thor/Glads? Legitimately trying to put forth this idea of Gladiator being > Superman and saying he'll be able to beat Thanos is pretty wild, yes.

carver9
Besides your out of context take on Thor/Glads? Legitimately trying to put forth this idea of Gladiator being > Superman and saying he'll be able to beat Thanos is pretty wild, yes.

When did I bring Supes up and when did I take anything out of context?

JakeTheBank
When did I bring Supes up and when did I take anything out of context?

You're acting like Gladiator legitimately fought and held his own against Thor while missing - purposefully or not - key points to that entire showdown. It was Gladiator from the future with preptime and out for the kill against an initially unaware Thor. He attacked Olsen, Thor's mortal alter ego, and even took a hostage in the process. Throughout the entire fight, Gladiator was endangering other people and trying to kill Thor whereas Thor wanted to know WTF was going on. After the depowering thing with the hammer - something that's useless as far as now goes - the airplane incident occured, in which Gladiator in his zeal nearly killed more people in his mission. Thor pointedly said he had enough of Glad's shit and did his typical Thor speech before blasting him; it wasn't a sneak attack. Gladiator then got up, ready for the fight to continue and was obliterated by a pissed off Odinson. Tarene just finished the job. Using that fight to somehow support Gladiator being equal to Thor is ridiculous considering the context and the fact there are better feats to use, anyway (he's not equal to Thor imo, but you can argue for it better than using that fight).

As far as Superman...

-Pr-
lol @ Gladiator being stronger than Superman. Maybe in his dreams.

Guys, best to leave Superman out of the thread though; I can't see how it's relevant.

quanchi112
Lol... hammer shot never put Gladiator to the point of death. Hell, Thor beat Gladiator down with hammer hits (sneak attack), THEN hit him with a anti matter blast THEN Thor girl came, grabbed Kallark and hit him with a blast that was stated as being powerful enough to rival Odins own power (I think Thor said the blast surpassed Odins power) and even after this blast, Gladiator was up a couple of panels later.

Gladiator durability is insane, magic is his downfall.

Thanos was getting that a** handed to him by Gamora. Gamora wouldn't even be recognized by someone like Gladiator. Look at how Gladiator treated Masterson, Nova, the fantastic four. and Binar; he toyed with them. A serious Gladiator would WRECK them and Nova even stated this when he said "Gladiator, one of the strongest lugnuts in the universe".

If Gladiator isn't playing with Thanos, he has the power to drop him. If he plays around and dust his cloths off like he was doing with the Hulk, standing over Thanos laughing like he did to Masterson... or toying around like he did with Cannonball and Nova... Thanos could pull the majority. Masterson almost beat him to death. How can you mistake what I am referring to if you have knowledge of both instances ?

No, his durability isn't insane as his arm has been broken, masterson beat him to near death, the regular Thor crushed him pretty easily once he quit holding back his own hv left him completely at the Hulk's mercy in hulk's annual, etc.

Thanos was toying with her and he didn't even notice Surfer who could definitely wreck Glads any which way. That's how easily your own logic gets shoved back in your face.

Name one instance of someone with Gladiator power beating Thanos ? Go ahead because once and for all this Gladiator madness stops now.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol @ Gladiator being stronger than Superman. Maybe in his dreams.

Guys, best to leave Superman out of the thread though; I can't see how it's relevant. Could be argued either way.

But the important thing is Thanos is stronger then Gladiator could ever dream of.

Badabing
Masterson almost beat him to death. How can you mistake what I am referring to if you have knowledge of both instances ?

No, his durability isn't insane as his arm has been broken, masterson beat him to near death, the regular Thor crushed him pretty easily once he quit holding back his own hv left him completely at the Hulk's mercy in hulk's annual, etc.

Thanos was toying with her and he didn't even notice Surfer who could definitely wreck Glads any which way. That's how easily your own logic gets shoved back in your face.

Name one instance of someone with Gladiator power beating Thanos ? Go ahead because once and for all this Gladiator madness stops now. I could have eaten a bowl of Alpha Bits and crapped out a better post.

psycho gundam
raptors can't chew or process grains so yeah

-Pr-
Could be argued either way.

But the important thing is Thanos is stronger then Gladiator could ever dream of.

Only if you ignore Superman's feats... shrug

JakeTheBank
Only if you ignore Superman's feats... shrug

Lot of that going 'round these parts.

-Pr-
Lot of that going 'round these parts.

Too much. The cull can't come soon enough...

carver9
Masterson almost beat him to death. How can you mistake what I am referring to if you have knowledge of both instances ?

Name one instance of someone with Gladiator power beating Thanos ? Go ahead because once and for all this Gladiator madness stops now.

Masterson beat a stunned Gladiator to death... get your facts straight. Gladiator had the advantage that entire fight.

Stop bringing up the Hulk fight. His kryptonite was on the battlefield and Hulk almost died during that fight. Didn't Hulk get on top of Thanos and was ground and pounding him until Thanos shrunk him?

I already explained why he got his arm broken... don't know why you keep bringing it up. Thanos got stabbed by Logan but logan claws does next to nothing against Gladiator.

Thor didn't crush him easily, stop lying. Thor had a chimney thrown at him which Gladiator proceeded at blitzing him and proceeded at temporarily koing Thor. Thor end up winning the second round and I'm not denying that. Thor hammer was the problem and Glads admitted that during the fight.

You are underestimating Glads power so how am I going to name someone from his tier that has taken down Thanos when you don't even know what Glads power is.

Black bolt z
Only if you ignore Superman's feats... shrug Not saying superman isn't stronger. I'm saying a good argument(not by carver) could be put up either way.

JakeTheBank
Thor didn't crush him easily, stop lying. Thor had a chimney thrown at him which Gladiator proceeded at blitzing him and proceeded at temporarily koing Thor. Thor end up winning the second round and I'm not denying that. Thor hammer was the problem and Glads admitted that during the fight.

Thor crushed Glads. Gladiator was intending to kill Thor for that entire scuffle whereas Thor wanted to know why Glads was so adamant on it. Eventually, Thor had enough and stopped holding back.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator10.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

Thor told Glads he had enough and blasted him - not a sneak attack as Thor clearly voiced what was about to go down - and once Gladiator got up, he Mjolnir'd him the phuck out. Stop twisting that fight to make Gladiator look better than what he was.

carver9
Jake... I plan on proving my point this week. Jake.. be ready.

paisapower
Thor crushed Glads. Gladiator was intending to kill Thor for that entire scuffle whereas Thor wanted to know why Glads was so adamant on it. Eventually, Thor had enough and stopped holding back.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator10.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

Thor told Glads he had enough and blasted him - not a sneak attack as Thor clearly voiced what was about to go down - and once Gladiator got up, he Mjolnir'd him the phuck out. Stop twisting that fight to make Gladiator look better than what he was.

Hey, wasnt it stated in that comic that Glads was in a weakened state due to old age ?

-Pr-
Not saying superman isn't stronger. I'm saying a good argument(not by carver) could be put up either way.

You could, until people bring out Superman's higher end feats. And I'm talking quantifiable stuff too.

JakeTheBank
Carver...

We've all been waiting years for you to prove this Gladiator > Superman and Gladiator beating Thanos schtick.

carver9
Carver...

We've all been waiting years for you to prove this Gladiator > Superman and Gladiator beating Thanos schtick.

Be patient. I'm marking this thread. Can't prove much from my phone.

-Pr-
Be patient. I'm marking this thread. Can't prove much from my phone.

Excuses. uhuh

psycho gundam
Can't prove much from my phone. lie phone 4

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lie phone 4

laughing out loud

carver9
lie phone 4

Lol...good one.

Mindset
lie phone 4 Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

Black bolt z
You could, until people bring out Superman's higher end feats. And I'm talking quantifiable stuff too. True. But thats higher end stuff from someone thats been around for 50 years longer. Of course hes going to have higher higher end feats. He'd probably also have lower lower end feats.

Badabing
raptors can't chew or process grains so yeah You specist! sneerOriginally posted by JakeTheBank
Lot of that going 'round these parts. Agreed. It seems that any Superman feat can be rationalized into PIS or a low feat for his opponent.Originally posted by -Pr-
Too much. The cull can't come soon enough... I know...evillaugh

-Pr-
True. But thats higher end stuff from someone thats been around for 50 years longer. Of course hes going to have higher higher end feats. He'd probably also have lower lower end feats.

Gladiator's been around long enough for Marvel to portray him at the level they want him at.

It's about quality, not quantity.

"He has more issues" doesn't handicap people truly at that level.

The Nuul
Gladiator's been around long enough for Marvel to portray him at the level they want him at.

"He has more issues" doesn't handicap people truly at that level.

It should be both. Look at Dr Manhattan, he lacks feats but they are good. Hyperstorm lacks feats but the one or two are good, again limited. While characters like SS has a lot of good feats. SS should be able to beat either one of those two.

Black bolt z

"He has more issues" doesn't handicap people truly at that level. When did I say it handicaps him? Having more showings would just naturally equal having higher high end feats and lower low end feats.

Omega Vision
When did I say it handicaps him? Having more showings would just naturally equal having higher high end feats and lower low end feats.
Having more showings doesn't 'naturally equal' to anything but having more showings.

The Nuul
thumb up

optic_blast!!!
thanos stomps this, come on people.... gladiator? really?

Badabing
True. But thats higher end stuff from someone thats been around for 50 years longer. Of course hes going to have higher higher end feats. He'd probably also have lower lower end feats. durOriginally posted by Black bolt z
When did I say it handicaps him? Having more showings would just naturally equal having higher high end feats and lower low end feats. dur

leonidas
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Gladiator going all out. Full confidence throughout.

Thanos can amp. No shields.

1. Gladiator using his super speed

2. Gladiator not using his super speed

no BFR

meh, morg did all right physically for a short time and even starfox got in some good shots. not IMPOSSIBLE for glads but......

glads sucks so yeah, thanos stomps him.

BannedTroll
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
thanos stomps this, come on people.... gladiator? really?

leonidas
Originally posted by paisapower
Hey, wasnt it stated in that comic that Glads was in a weakened state due to old age ?

no, but in the same issue gladiator himself stated thor was too powerful for him......

and carver man, give it up. superman>>gladiator then, now and forever. seriously.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm genuinely curious how this thread last mire than a page. It should honestly be closed for spite. Thanos wins n really doesn't even try

quanchi112
I could have eaten a bowl of Alpha Bits and crapped out a better post. This post probably had carver in the detail position for a good hour before he mustered the courage to reply to it.

Masterson beat a stunned Gladiator to death... get your facts straight. Gladiator had the advantage that entire fight.

Stop bringing up the Hulk fight. His kryptonite was on the battlefield and Hulk almost died during that fight. Didn't Hulk get on top of Thanos and was ground and pounding him until Thanos shrunk him?

I already explained why he got his arm broken... don't know why you keep bringing it up. Thanos got stabbed by Logan but logan claws does next to nothing against Gladiator.

You are underestimating Glads power so how am I going to name someone from his tier that has taken down Thanos when you don't even know what Glads power is. The point isn't whether he can beat him fairly the point is Gladiator can't take repeated hits from him or mount a counter because he's not that durable. Thanos can smile off a power gem Thor's attacks and counter. Thanos' durability >>>>Gladiator's.

Hulk beat him before he used the radiation. The point is one blast of hv had him completely helpless. Not very durable against his own hv.

Hulk pouned on Thanos but he wasn't in any real trouble the glads fights I bring up are losses and attacks he couldn't counter. Big diff.

Because he's a lot stronger than Gladiator.

Carver you're being decimated as we speak. Thor annihilated him once he quit holding back. Prep and his I will kill Thor at any cost attitude still didn't get the job done despite him reverting to a human.

Thor at his best stomps Glads as he proved towards the end.

No elite tier has taken him down. Surfer is more powerful than Gladiator ye he can't even hurt Thanos so your case is lost. Hope is lost. Submit to Thanos.

bbrem123
Glads has no chance here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.