Oro Vs. Gen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

elfirrepins
Both at full power. Gen is not dying and is at full power, and Oro is using 100% (i.e. both arms). Who would win in a deathmatch?

Esomark
Whether Gen is sick or not, Oro beats him. His ki mastery gives him quite an edge.

BloodRawEngine
I'm going with Oro for the time being. Oro binds his arm just so he doesn't accidentally kill his opponents. He may or may not have fought Shin Akuma with both arms, and I really am not sure that even a healthy Gen is quite on that level, even though it was the sickness that made Akuma stop his fight with him.

NemeBro
Gouki and Oro had a nonserious match, neither using their full potential.

That said, probably Oro, though if nothing else I think Gen would give him a good fight.

No End N Site
It is a draw. Ol' Genshiro at full power with no cancer is prolly stronger than Akuma.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, that cancer thing is what makes Gen less powerful than the top tiers in SF.

If healthy, I would presume he is on par with Oro and Akuma.
So stalemate.

Meioh_Hades
A lot of people think that during SFA2 gen was able to draw with Gouki.

In truth Gen used all his focus just to defend from the Shun Goku Satsu, when Gouki was simply unscathed by the Zan Ei. Then Gouki left the scene 'cause he realized that Gen was sick.

I think that Gen in his prime would be almost as strong as SF3 Normal Gouki or 1-armed Oro. We are talking about warriors stronger than "I destroy one island with one strike" Alpha 2 Normal Gouki.

Since we're talking about Oro at 100% power, the Senjutsu master wins.

samirerre
hmmmm......
gouken
he has ryo's parry

Meioh_Hades
^^' that's a thread about Oro and Gen.

However. I think that Gouken could be a match for a sane Gen, but 2-armed 100% power Oro is too much even for a superbe warrior like Gouken.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
A lot of people think that during SFA2 gen was able to draw with Gouki.

In truth Gen used all his focus just to defend from the Shun Goku Satsu, when Gouki was simply unscathed by the Zan Ei. Then Gouki left the scene 'cause he realized that Gen was sick.

I think that Gen in his prime would be almost as strong as SF3 Normal Gouki or 1-armed Oro. We are talking about warriors stronger than "I destroy one island with one strike" Alpha 2 Normal Gouki.

Since we're talking about Oro at 100% power, the Senjutsu master wins.

That actually makes some sense. Still, Imma say that in his prime, Gen can match the versions of Oro and Akuma we know of. It is hinted at Gen actually already defeatin Akuma once before in battle, which is why Akuma calls Gen, "Master" Gen in Alpha 2.

And the island bustin at Akuma's lowest levels are great and all, but Gen's got the "Touch of Death", who needs raw power. The guy tanked a stone ceilin collapsin on him when he was in the death throws of leukemia. All humans in that state would be on their death beds, let alone fightin super humans and being buried in rubble.

That's just what I think, tho.

Meioh_Hades
I agree with the hint that Gen may have defeated Gouki in the past, even if it was not stated: if it was before Gen's illiness, the old man was likely stronger, and Gouki weaker (maybe he hasn't mastered the Satsui no Hado and the Shun Goku Satsu yet).

I always asked to me "how Gen have lost during the SF1 tournament?". Since neither Ryu and Sagat were at Gen's level during SF1 time, I think that Gen just has to retreat from the tournament due to his illness.

samirerre
ohh s*it sorry
i say gen becouse he is akuma's master

Meioh_Hades
No, Gen is not Gouki's master. Gouki and Gouken's master is Goutetsu, who was killed by Gouki in a battle between master and disciple.

In SF Alpha 2, Gouki calls Gen "master", due to respect: 'cause the old man is a great martial artist, worthy of being considered a "master" of his art.

b64
Gen never beat Akuma. They fought only once where the result was Akuma's leaving due to Gen's illness. Akuma lost only one match and that was against Gouken. Akuma defeated Gouken in rematch after he mastered the assassination style. Oro is around Akuma's level and that is too much even for 100% Gen.

Meioh_Hades
I think that Oro is equal to SF3 Gouki: i.e. 1-armed Oro is as strong as SF Gouki, while 2-armed Oro is as strong as SF3 Shin Gouki.

Gen is one of the best street fighters, but Oro and Gouki are truly god-like beings.

Q99
Originally posted by Meioh_Hades

I always asked to me "how Gen have lost during the SF1 tournament?". Since neither Ryu and Sagat were at Gen's level during SF1 time, I think that Gen just has to retreat from the tournament due to his illness.

I think a canon comment in one of the later games revealed Ryu never fought him back then.

I picture him breezing through his first foes so easily he just left early, realizing there was no good competition for him there.

Meioh_Hades
That's an idea, since none of the SF1 cast (even SF1 Ryu and Sagat weren't not redy to defeat Gen during that time) could gave Gen his death mach.

Another one, maybe he was in Sagat's group (Sagat was the host of the tournament, but IIRC he has to earn the finals, too) and he had to retreat early.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.