DC or Marvel: Super Geniuses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Which universe of geniuses have impressed you the most? Any and all feats count.

On the Marvel side you have
Amadeus Cho
Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Forge
Hank Pym
High Evolutionary
Tony Stark
Kang
Bruce Banner
Immortus
Hank McCoy
Mr. Sinister

DC
Lex Luthor
Will Magnus
Alexander Luthor
Brainiac 5
Mr. Terrific
The Chief
Rip Hunter
Ted Kord
Steel
Ray Palmer
Bruce Wayne
Dr. Sivanna
Ivo
TO Morrow

Uriel005
If you're talking about geniuses then Forge really shouldn't be on the list. He can build just about anything but that doesn't mean he understands what he's building. For example he can build the most advanced time dilation device in the world and fit it on a pocket watch but he won't necessarily understand the science behind it.

edit: btw Miracle machine on Braniac 5 is essentially insta win on feats list. Also Superman should be on this list with some of the crap he's pulled over the years via tech... Yeah lets make a helmet that makes two supermen.... Brilliant.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Uriel005
If you're talking about geniuses then Forge really shouldn't be on the list. He can build just about anything but that doesn't mean he understands what he's building. For example he can build the most advanced time dilation device in the world and fit it on a pocket watch but he won't necessarily understand the science behind it.

edit: btw Miracle machine on Braniac 5 is essentially insta win on feats list. Also Superman should be on this list with some of the crap he's pulled over the years via tech... Yeah lets make a helmet that makes two supermen.... Brilliant.

But Brainiac didn't build the MM. It was the Controllers.

Gecko4lif
Alex luthor potentially solos. Or at least wipes out most of team 1 himself

byrdgang21
Where is,Peter Parker??

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Alex luthor potentially solos. Or at least wipes out most of team 1 himself really?

anyway, thanos should be included. from what I've read, and I don't know all those characters very well, I lean towards marvel

Bouboumaster
Richards and Doom ftw

sockktroll
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Which universe of geniuses have impressed you the most? Any and all feats count.

Amadeus Cho
Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Forge
Hank Pym
High Evolutionary
Tony Stark
Kang
Bruce Banner
Immortus
Hank McCoy
Mr. Sinister

DC
Lex Luthor
Will Magnus
Alexander Luthor
Brainiac 5
Mr. Terrific
The Chief
Rip Hunter
Ted Kord
Steel
Ray Palmer
Bruce Wayne
Dr. Sivanna
Ivo
TO Morrow DOOM Soloes... smokin'

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
really?

anyway, thanos should be included. from what I've read, and I don't know all those characters very well, I lean towards marvel

I didn't want to include ubers like Metron or Thanos. Anyway, Alex brought back the multiverse. Which is probably better than Doom or Reed.

Black bolt z
I didn't want to include ubers like Metron or Thanos. Anyway, Alex brought back the multiverse. Which is probably better than Doom or Reed. Why is thanos an uber but Richards and Doom aren't?

Prep-Man
Reed and Doom are above Thanos, IMO, but i wanted it more of an earth type geniuses. Not ones like New Gods/Eternals.

Black bolt z
Ah

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ah

Which side would lean towards?

Black bolt z
Which side would lean towards? Marvel

Uriel005
Apocalypse should be swapped for sinister

rotiart
The alien being used reeds knowledge of the multiverse to create it...

Mindset
Dr. Doom

Prep-Man
Originally posted by rotiart The alien being used reeds knowledge of the multiverse to create it...

which isnt the exact same thing alexander did. brainiac 5 also created a map of the multiverse and placed within starmans costume. b5 is on reeds level, imo.

Badabing
Batman

Galan007
I didn't want to include ubers like Metron or Thanos. Anyway, Alex brought back the multiverse. This made made chuckle. "I didn't want to include any ubers, but I included the dude who resurrected the multiverse and single-handedly changed DC continuity as we know it."

stick out tongue

Mindset
Wait, are you guys talking about IC? Only thing I remember about it is Bart > SBP always and forever.

As for this thread, Doom.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
This made made chuckle. "I didn't want to include any ubers, but I included the dude who resurrected the multiverse and single-handedly changed DC continuity as we know it."

stick out tongue made me facepalm

Prep-Man
alex is uber, but so are doom and reed. i didnt want to include the likes of thanos or metron, because they have more than just intellect and besides they are gods, so...

MrMind
dc team ftw

rotiart
which isnt the exact same thing alexander did. brainiac 5 also created a map of the multiverse and placed within starmans costume. b5 is on reeds level, imo.

Yeah. I'm just gonna disagree with you on the similarity.

Prep-Man
Sure, but IMO Alexander's was better, IMO. Both are around the same level.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait... how is doom n reed above thanos? That just isn't true

Miss Maxima

Amadeus Cho
Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Forge
Hank Pym
High Evolutionary
Tony Stark
Kang
Bruce Banner
Immortus
Hank McCoy
Mr. Sinister

DC
Lex Luthor
Will Magnus
Alexander Luthor
Brainiac 5
Mr. Terrific
The Chief
Rip Hunter
Ted Kord
Steel
Ray Palmer
Bruce Wayne
Dr. Sivanna
Ivo
TO Morrow IVO and Morrow built an android able to copy reality altering power. No one on either side has ever made anything that powerful.

inimalist
Apocalypse should be swapped for sinister

not really... Sinister is probably the most intelligent geneticist on marvel earth... Mabye behind the high evolutionary, but Sinister did make X man

Uriel005
Originally posted by inimalist
not really... Sinister is probably the most intelligent geneticist on marvel earth... Mabye behind the high evolutionary, but Sinister did make X man true but in terms of overall intelligence and tech I'd put apoc far higher on a priority scale to be on my team assuming his jobbing aura is off. If it's on I have him on high priority to gtfo and stand in a corner when I assemble my team of super genius villains to conquer the world.

inimalist
true but in terms of overall intelligence and tech I'd put apoc far higher on a priority scale to be on my team assuming his jobbing aura is off. If it's on I have him on high priority to gtfo and stand in a corner when I assemble my team of super genius villains to conquer the world.

what would you say are some of apoc's intelligence feats that put him on par with creating X-Man?

shokosugi
Where's hyperstorm

Uriel005
what would you say are some of apoc's intelligence feats that put him on par with creating X-Man? Successfully conquering the world several times over if Cable's constant time traveling backwards because of it is anything to go by big grin

inimalist
Successfully conquering the world several times over if Cable's constant time traveling backwards because of it is anything to go by big grin

he always had Sinister's help http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif

TricksterPriest
Where's Darkseid? And Apocalypse? And Ra's Al Ghul? And Vril Dox? And Magneto? This list is missing alot of people. no

Prep-Man
I didn't want to include EVERYONE. Just the known earth guys and a couple alien ones as well. Just go by the list! mad

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait... how is doom n reed above thanos? That just isn't true Yes it is. At least intellectually.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Yes it is. At least intellectually. based in what

Lord_Talron
based on yo momma

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Richards and Doom ftw

This.

Prep-Man
Sinister has impressed me more than Apoc. He's also a great schemer as well. As for the list, does anyone want to break it down?

not really... Sinister is probably the most intelligent geneticist on marvel earth... Mabye behind the high evolutionary, but Sinister did make X man AoA sinister, but really, all he did was figure out the natural potential in the grey-summers bloodline to produce a powerfull mutant. Magneto, on the other hand, made alpha the ultimate mutant from scratch. IMO he is above sinister.

TheLordofMurder
Marvel Super Geniuses hands down...why?

Because of Victor Von Doom; he has the greatest feat EVER in a comicbook...he defeated Classic Beyonder...a being a million times more powerful (and this is on panel mind you) than everything else combined.

Doom beat him; Doom owns all; Doom for the win!

Happy Dance

Blight
I can't help but think that Doom would be constantly trying to betray his team at every turn of the corner... this would set back Marvel's team quite a bit....

... though Alexander has a track record of betrayal as well... I say they only get so far before the good guy genius's team up to take out the Bad Guy Genius's stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Marvel Super Geniuses hands down...why?

Because of Victor Von Doom; he has the greatest feat EVER in a comicbook...he defeated Classic Beyonder...a being a million times more powerful (and this is on panel mind you) than everything else combined.

Doom beat him; Doom owns all; Doom for the win!

Happy Dance

Please. First, there are more than just him on the list and second PC Brainiac would murder him.

Knowsbleed33
Reed is smarter than them all.

Mindset
Please. First, there are more than just him on the list and second PC Brainiac would murder him. Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Reed is smarter than them all. Both hilarious statements.

Anyway, Doom > all.

Knowsbleed33
Reed > Doom. When Doom's brain is used as a blueprint to recreate all of Marvel, we can talk.

Mindset
When Reed beats an omniversal being, we can talk.

Knowsbleed33
Doom too.

Mindset
Already happened.

Knowsbleed33
Who?

Mindset
Read the comics, chump.

Knowsbleed33
I hope you don't mean the Beyonder because the AE feat > That times 10. That was the Beyonder limiting himself.

Mindset
Limiting himself to multiversal level, my bad.

Knowsbleed33
Give me some multiversal lvl feats from Secret Wars.

Mindset
Same Beyonder from SW2.

Knowsbleed33
Except he didn't do anything of note in Secret Wars 1, the SW in which Doom stole his powers.

Come back when there's a Council of Dooms dictating the fate of the Omniverse, or when he creates a gun that can kill Celestials.

Mindset
Except forming Battleworld and bitching Galactus, and having the same power he did in SW1 as he did in SW2.

Which Celestial did the gun kill?

Knowsbleed33
A Celestial, who knows which? Stranger recreated Battleworld, does that mean He = the Beyonder in power?

Mindset
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
A Celestial, who knows which? Stranger recreated Battleworld, does that mean He = the Beyonder in power? So none.

Ignoring the bitching Galactus feat and having the same power he did in SW2.

Don't be juggernaut.

Knowsbleed33
Who cares about bitching Galactus anymore? That shit is par for the course these days.

He never displayed the same power he did in SW2 so it doesn't apply here.

Mindset
Who cares about bitching Galactus anymore? That shit is par for the course these days.

He never displayed the same power he did in SW2 so it doesn't apply here. Everyone cares.

He didn't need to, he had the same power.

Case closed.

Knowsbleed33
He didn't display anything remotely impressive in SW so stealing his power is "meh".

You'd think if Doom > Reed, Doom would figure out a way to best Reed more often.

Mindset
He didn't display anything remotely impressive in SW so stealing his power is "meh".

You'd think if Doom > Reed, Doom would figure out a way to best Reed more often. Originally posted by Mindset

Case closed.

If he wasn't a villain he would.

Knowsbleed33
Same feats don't apply, sorry. When you find some multiversal level feats from the Beyonder in SW1 you have my permission to continue this argument.

Discussion over? Discussion over.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset

Case closed.

When you stop thinking like Juggernaut, we'll continue.

Knowsbleed33
You don't know if he had the same power considering he never displayed any of it.

At least, he did nothing of note.

Prep-Man
Reed is smarter than them all.

Not by feats. Alexander brought back the multiverse, B5 created the concentrator, which is above most of Reed's feats and understands how the MM works. Reed is impressive, but nothing out of B5 league.

kgkg
Not by feats. Alexander brought back the multiverse, B5 created the concentrator, which is above most of Reed's feats and understands how the MM works. Reed is impressive, but nothing out of B5 league. no

Prep-Man
Originally posted by kgkg
no

yes

Have you seen some of the insane stuff B5 did? Hell, 3boot Brainiac was able to bring Dream girl back from the dead. Alexander just recently redesigned a machine to restore an unknown amount of alternate earths that was destroyed by Omega Man. So, yeah.

TricksterPriest
I'm sorry, but given that B5 knows how the MM works....that alone puts him above Reed. I have never seen Reed figure out how to fix alternate earths with his own technology. Hell, I have never seen him create anything on par with the Miracle Machine, which B5 did construct, even if he got the plans from the Controllers. Unless PC is back regarding that, in which case he made the original. Hell, when has Reed brought back the dead, ala the Lightning Saga?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.