Feats Contest Among Iconic Heralds - Modern Era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Characters: Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and Silver Surfer

For each of the following categories, list who has the most impressive feat followed by brief description of feat.

Rules: The feat must be completed without an amp of any sorts.

The feats also must be from the modern era of comics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The categories are:

- Strength feat

- Speed feat

- Durability feat

Philosophía
There's no way to compare, they have unquantifiable feats.

Therefore they can't be surpassed.

Or something.

RIGHT GUYS?!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
Characters: Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and Silver Surfer

For each of the following categories, list who has the most impressive feat followed by brief description of feat.

Rules: The feat must be completed without an amp of any sorts.

The feats also must be from the modern era of comics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The categories are:

- Strength feat

- Speed feat

- Durability feat bruce likes to start shitfests, but never participates in them

classy

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
bruce likes to start shitfests, but never participates in them

classy I don't start shitfests. I do try to make threads which are interesting and controversial. If they become shitfests, its because certain members can't debate without attacking the opposition.

I guess you prefer the threads that have about 4 or 5 posts....since those are not shitfests?

I mean threads really only fall into 3 categories:

1) threads that no one gives a crap about (ie rhino vs venom)

2) threads that most agree on one side or another (ie usually labeled spite)

or

3) threads that are controversial in which there are wide ranging sides (what you would call shitfests) roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
I don't start shitfests. I do try to make threads which are interesting and controversial. If they become shitfests, its because certain members can't debate without attacking the opposition.

I guess you prefer the threads that have about 4 or 5 posts....since those are not shitfests?

or

3) threads that are controversial in which there are wide ranging sides (what you would call shitfests) roll eyes (sarcastic)

That qualifies as starting shitfests. Not leaving this open for long anyway...

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
That qualifies as starting shitfests. Not leaving this open for long anyway... what qualifies as shitfest? if a thread is controversial?

-Pr-
what qualifies as shitfest? if a thread is controversial?

If you know it's going to be controversial and going to bait people in to starting shit, then yes, you're just enabling them, and starting shit yourself.

Starscream M
If you know it's going to be controversial and going to bait people in to starting shit, then yes, you're just enabling them, and starting shit yourself. I don't see how I'm baiting anyone to start shit. And the funny thing is there are two threads currently that are clearly bait threads that you seem to be ok with.

so, is the superman vs silver surfer thread a shitfest thread? I'm pretty sure the threadstarter knew it was going to be controversial.

Badabing
Pr, he's arguing with a mod. Let's warn him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Badabing
Pr, he's arguing with a mod. Let's warn him. you're supposed to be on my side! mad

anyways, feel free to close this thread if you want....my only purpose was to get a comparison of feats in a way that is comparative (hence limiting it to modern era and no amp, as feats often get convoluted with certain feats performed under amps and other feats performed when the characters were written vastly differently)

I would like a clarification on what kind of threads you guys consider shitfests...for future consideration when I decide to make other threads. It seems kinda unclear the distinction.

Badabing
I didn't even read the thread. biscuits

Starscream M
Originally posted by Badabing
I didn't even read the thread. biscuits eek!

-Pr-
I don't see how I'm baiting anyone to start shit. And the funny thing is there are two threads currently that are clearly bait threads that you seem to be ok with.

so, is the superman vs silver surfer thread a shitfest thread? I'm pretty sure the threadstarter knew it was going to be controversial.

Even if they were bait threads, you think it's okay to make another one?

Starscream M
Even if they were bait threads, you think it's okay to make another one? no. but I didn't intend this to be a bait thread. yes, I knew it was controversial, but most good threads imo are. I didn't make this thread to bait people into bashing...I would prefer if people could just post what they consider are the best feats without personal attacks.

it seems certain issues always come up time and time again, it would seem to be a good idea if we could somehow organize an objective list of feats for reference.

psycho gundam

or

3) threads that are controversial in which there are wide ranging sides (what you would call shitfests) roll eyes (sarcastic) what about 4th catagory?

tsscls
Superman-walking; as stated, taking a walk.
Thor-Getting Bfr'd by Rulk, Loeb force rulz!
Wonder Woman-putting on pants; put pants on over her panties.
SS-BP Chicken wing. Black Panther snuck up behind sufer, put his arm behind his back, and made him eat a dog turd.(off panel)

Q99
Wonder Woman's best lifting feats are almost all team efforts. Lift the moon, move the Earth, lift the 'near-infinite' mass of the Spectre, etc.. Individual stuff, she does have lifting the city-sized godly chariot, and also casually handling a multi-mile astroid in Technis Imperative. Most of her strength info really comes from her fights.

Speed feat, catch Jesse Quick at the edge of the speed force or tag Zoom. Both are really impressive.

Durability feat.. hm, I'm not sure what is 'best' from her. Circe had her burned down almost to her skeleton once. Has taken Zeus's lightning without much issue. And has fought all kinds of tough people.

tsscls isn't joking- it took her 70 years to get pants!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.