Warriors: Legends of Troy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
Pick up the game 4 days ago. Not sure what to think, if you read the Iliad, you pretty much know what will happen, "Before" it happens I guess.
Its good old slash and hack, with counters and parrys.

Yeah they added some stuff like the Cyclopes and Griffin. But over all its a fun game.

The artwork is great, looks a lot like Greece would at that time. Yeah its nothing ground breaking, and there are some arugment that you cant choose your hero in story mode, but this is base off the Iliad, you cant have Achilles doing the night raid(The Iliad had Ulssey) or Ajax slaining Hector.

This is base off the Iliad, so that has to take into account. I have just beating Ajax with Hector, and am about to embark on the night raid. (Yes the Hector Ajax duel did happen in the Iliad, draw)

Also loved how you get "boss battles" in the form of duels.
Hector vs Achilles. ete, which was the form used in the Iliad.

Over all if you like hack and slash games, you might want to look into this when the price goes down I suppose.

Its a fun game, and Apollo was hard to beat lol.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, will probably get this when the price drops. It will be my first time playing any Warriors game, so I don't know if I'll like it.

Joker1237
I never played a warrior game myself, and the only reason I pick it up is because I LOVED Greek myth. So far for the PS3 in that regard, I got Troy, Jason rise of the argonutes, and Hercules racing in the download for the ps3 download shop.

Oh yeah and all 3 God of War games. But I think the series pretty much step on Greek myth lol. I cant ever see Herc loseing to Kratos.

TheAuraAngel
Oooooh looks fun. But why the **** would I want to play as Patroclus?

Joker1237
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel

Have not got that far, but if we go by the Iliad, he drives the Trojans away from the Greek camps, kills a son of Zeus, Sarpedon, plus a few other Trojan champions in the process, before he falls at the hands of Hector.

I am guessing when I get there, it would be about the same story line I guess.

AsbestosFlaygon
Looks cool.
Always been a fan of the Warriors series.

I hope they add the same level of brutality in this game to their other franchises (DW and SW).

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Joker1237
Have not got that far, but if we go by the Iliad, he drives the Trojans away from the Greek camps, kills a son of Zeus, Sarpedon, plus a few other Trojan champions in the process, before he falls at the hands of Hector.

I am guessing when I get there, it would be about the same story line I guess.

I know what he did but still. Couldn't I be Philoctetes instead? Or Neoptolemus? Patroclus just seems lame to me.

StyleTime

Even then, it took Apollo stepping in to actually take Patroclus down. Patroclus was pretty awesome in a fight.

I remember hearing about this game a while back, but I didn't stay informed. I may look into it after a price drop. I've played Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, but I really enjoyed the fact that the fights were a little over the top. The slower, more "realistic" combat of this one didn't appeal to me much; however, I've always enjoyed Greek mythology and will still give this a try at some point.

I am saddened that Diomedes isn't playable though. He was cool. sad

Demonic Phoenix
I never played a warrior game myself, and the only reason I pick it up is because I LOVED Greek myth. So far for the PS3 in that regard, I got Troy, Jason rise of the argonutes, and Hercules racing in the download for the ps3 download shop.

Oh yeah and all 3 God of War games. But I think the series pretty much step on Greek myth lol. I cant ever see Herc loseing to Kratos.
Ahh, I see. I love Greek Myth as well, among others, so I guess I'll at least rent this one, based on what the game plays like. I haven't seen videos of any of the Warriors series games though.

Yeah, the GoW series takes its own liberties with Greek Myth, but other aspects are pretty much kept the same.

Ahh, I see. I love Greek Myth as well, among others, so I guess I'll at least rent this one, based on what the game plays like. I haven't seen videos of any of the Warriors series games though.

Yeah, the GoW series takes its own liberties with Greek Myth, but other aspects are pretty much kept the same.

Originally posted by StyleTime
Even then, it took Apollo stepping in to actually take Patroclus down. Patroclus was pretty awesome in a fight.

I remember hearing about this game a while back, but I didn't stay informed. I may look into it after a price drop. I've played Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, but I really enjoyed the fact that the fights were a little over the top. The slower, more "realistic" combat of this one didn't appeal to me much; however, I've always enjoyed Greek mythology and will still give this a try at some point.

Damn, srsly? Diomedes was like the most badass person taking part in the Trojan War. Was smart like Odysseus (which is saying something), and nearly as good a warrior as Achilles. And he pwned Ares, albeit with Athena's help.

Sucks that he isn't playable.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel

Coz he's badass. Don't fall for the sissy version that appeared in the Troy movie. Though yeah, I'd rather have Diomedes than Patrocles.

Joker1237
Originally posted by StyleTime

Yeah Patroclus was a great warrior in the Illiad. I think Hector was not really on his level in a "fair" fight, of couse Hector vs Achilles was not fair either lol. That fight could have went to Hector had Achilles not gotting a free spar lol.

Well I do like the more realistic combat in regards to this, because well, Achilles was not flying in the air or walking on walls or something. I also like how they really did the hoplite combat system in this. You cant just hack your way to victory in some cases, some cases its defense that wins like in the one on one duel, I lost to Ajax going offense, so I needed to change the game plan there.

Joker1237
Ajax vs Sarpedon (Me as Ajax) was one of the hardest fights in the game. compare to Hector vs the Cyclops, Sarpedon made the One eye monster look like a wimp.

Perhaps because Ajax lacks reach in this game or what that made this one fight hard. I did finally beat him after about ten trys lol.

Counter and parry, counter and parry, and its hard to time his spear attacks, and he cheats also lol. Nice to see the son of Zeus in the game. I glad Ajax didnt kill him, he ran off.

Joker1237
Got pass what seems to be Patroclus ONLY level.

It was great, a fun level, even got all the 2nd objectives on the first go.

I even had to fight the son of Zeus, Sarpedon again. And unlike Ajax which took like ten tries to beat him, Patroclus pretty much ran though him on thew FIRST try. And even way under the 2nd objective time limit they had(Belive it was about a min or so, though the fight didnt last that long)

So after killing Sarpedon(with a shot to the jaw, look cool lol) I destory his feeling troops to regain lost health, killed every Trojan I ran across, and than fought Hector, took me a few trys to get by Hector.

And though I "won", I really lost because the scene shows Apollo interfearing, giving Hector the death blow. I do loved the end cliff hanging in that level. Pretty fun. Though I think it would have been better if I was Hector and I killed Patroclus, instand of beating Hector, and dieing in the short movie that follows.

Joker1237
Achilles vs Hector was a pretty hard fight.

The fight was not hard, if you dont know when to parry and counter, you ant winning this fight. Took me like ten tries to get the r1 parry timeing right in the later half of the fight. Hector is not hard to beat persay, but there are tricks to do this and items to help with the fight.

When Hector starts spaming the R1 in the end of the fight, you can always block his attacks and hit Hector in between a swing, were he wont parry. Of couse it wont work once Hector is almost dead(And thats when he starts kicking my butt lol)

So in the end game, you need to get the R1 parrys right or your dead.

Over all, I wish the level had more enemies. I know I could have taking on a endless supplie of apparing enemies, but it was a fun level still, not as fun as Patroclus's level, but it was fun seeing Achilles in all his rage, I really cut though the Trojan army like a knife though butter. Only Hector gave me some trouble. And that was because of the R1 timing.

Zack Fair
And here I thought this was a Tron Legacy tie in dur

Joker1237
After playing the Achilles vs Hector duel a few more times, Hector is way too easy, once you understand the parry system, and when to time your attacks, Hector can be beaten in no time flat.

But Paris vs Achilles, now that one was the hardest fight of the whole game at the movement.

Each hero has strenght and weakness, Achilles is a recken ball, were Paris is more of a distant fighter.

Going toe to toe vs Achilles is not going to get you the big W here.

The arena highly favors Achilles as there is not much place to run. So try not to get trap lol. The best way is to keep Achilles away with your roll button, and pot shot arrows at him, and pray he does not corner you.

If he traps you, the match is pretty much over. When he furys, RUN for your life lol. I still not sure how to beat him in the 2 min time frame for the bouns items, but I hope I find a way. Perhaps redo the level on the easy setting will nag me the item.

Joker1237
Very few people bring up the madness of Ajax were he kills himself, and this game brings it up perfect.

It was one of the sadness subjects in this game, were though yes Achilles may have fallen in battle and won major wars, he died with glory and honor. And the game covers this fairly well in regards to Achilles.

Not so with Ajax the greater, here was this great warrior, doing everything his commanders ask of him, and he still does not get the credit. Odysseus gets all the credit, they both help recover the body of Achilles, but its Odysseus that gets to keep Achilles armor, they both help with a raid on Troy, but its Odysseus that keeps the booty so to speak.

Ajax was just loseing it. It was a sad chapter in the game, and I loved Ajax, and one of the most tragic things in myth and in this game, is Ajax did not die with honor.

StyleTime
So this game covers more than just The Iliad. That's cool.

I could've sworn Athena accused him of being arrogant and thinking himself equal to the gods though. It happened when Athena was outside of Ajax's hut and made Odysseus invisible. I'd have to re-read the Sophocles play to be sure.

Joker1237
yeah, even had a short movie of Achilles vs Memmon, of couse it was only in the movie scene, Achilles kills him and its YOUR job(Paris) that Achilles does not sack the city lol.

Joker1237
Beat the game, I am pretty shock how faithful the game is to the Trojan War myths. I enjoy it. Also replayed all levels on expert to unlock ALL items.

I loved the Trojan Horse level, and perhaps my personal favorite the last level, were you play as Aeneas leading his family out of the burning city of Troy, it was a blast. Here you are all ready defeated, and yet you were able to get a last laugh on the Greeks with the rescue of your family and other Trojans that you run across. It was just a fun level.

I also like the for telling that Aeneas would build a empire greater than Troy or Greece, for telling the Roman empire, which if you follow Roman myth, Aeneas created the Roman empire. Or stared the ground work. It does have its flaws, not all of the Trojan War's champions are there like Diomedes, but it was pretty fun if one follow Greek myth.

My favorite levels is the Patroclus level were Hector kills him.
All of Achilles level's and all of Hector's level, and the Aeneas level.

And the Trojan horse level. Though I enjoy the whole game. Now I just need to start working on the Trophys lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.