Maxima vs Classic Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
All out battle. All powers allowed. As is BFR. Who wins?

Black bolt z
Maxima.

leonidas
huh? all powers=shield

max can do nothing in this fight.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by leonidas
huh? all powers=shield

max can do nothing in this fight.
Except TK his helmet off and then mind rape. Or bfr.

BannedTroll

Black bolt z

BannedTroll

Black bolt z
Originally posted by BannedTroll
sorry buddy that wont make any difference because he can make his FF to be so close to his body that TK wont work... stick out tongue Scans that shows juggy can affect the distance his FF is from his body?

PillarofOsiris
Juggernaut gets raped....possibly literally.

bannedsock101

bannedsock101

Eternal Idol
Juggernaut plows her one way or another.

zopzop
No way. He can't touch her if she don't want him too, she's way to fast. She's durable enough to endure anything he throws at her. The problem is, there's nothing she can do to him as long as his shield is up.

So it's a pointless stalemate.

guy222
cain

zopzop
For all the people choosing Juggernaut, how the hell would he even touch her, let alone hurt her?

Her nigh invulnerability. her speed, her TK shields, her flight....how would he even close the distance and tag her?

Knowsbleed33
She can't do anything to him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
She can't do anything to him.
You don't even think she can bfr him? Do you have an inflated opinion of Cain or just don't know much about Maxima?

Knowsbleed33
She can try.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You don't even think she can bfr him? Do you have an inflated opinion of Cain or just don't know much about Maxima? she can't do jack to him if he doesn't want her to. stop being ignorant.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
she can't do jack to him if he doesn't want her to. stop being ignorant.
Lulz. This is HI-liarious coming from you.

carver9
A full fledge hammer toss from Thor didn't even budge Juggernaut. He walked through the god blast. She isn't bfring him.

Knowsbleed33
Thor couldn't even do anything to him the last time they met and Cain is depowered.

Starscream M
Lulz. This is HI-liarious coming from you. I don't know what's so hilarious about being wrong erm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
I don't know what's so hilarious about being wrong erm You just called yourself wrong.

new god reader

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by new god reader
Turn his suit adamantium and he's stuck forever unable to move.

Stop the unstoppable by transmuting his suit?

Yeah....no.

Black bolt z
Turn his suit adamantium and he's stuck forever unable to move. Juggernaut is fully capable of moving inside an adamantium suit.

new god reader

new god reader

Knowsbleed33
What difference does it make if she transmutes his suit or not? It ain't gonna do any good.

new god reader

Black bolt z
Is he now? He isn't stronger than the Hulk. Who I"m sure hasn't broken adamantium. Are you talking about putting him in an adamantium box? Because just turning his armor into adamantium would slow him down or anything. it'd actually make him stronger...

new god reader

Black bolt z
How does he walk if his suit is unmovable metal? How does Iron man move if his suit is made of uber metal? Making his armor stronger then it already is will do no good no expression. This isn't a hard concept.

new god reader

carver9
How is she transmuting his suit when his suit is magical in nature. That ain't happening and let's not even include the fact that his suit is all put on and off with just a thought.

Knowsbleed33
Once his helmet is turned into tissue, he's mind raped and the battle is over.

Through his force field?

You're not smart.

new god reader

Knowsbleed33
Again, she transmutes his suit and/or helmet. Then what?

new god reader

new god reader

Knowsbleed33
Maxima is not MJJ or Mr. Mxy.

new god reader

Knowsbleed33
Even though it's never happened before?

If TK can't get through his force field, I don't see how transmutation will fair any better.

new god reader

leonidas
Except TK his helmet off and then mind rape. Or bfr.

tk won't work and how is she gonna bfr him exactly? and she's a warrior. fighting in character she tries tp and fails, tries energy and fails then goes h2h and gets killed. she has no way to win this other than fighting out of character to achieve a silly stalemate.

Knowsbleed33
Except that when Juggernauts force field was used regularly it was portrayed as being completely impenetrable.

new god reader

leonidas
Except that when Juggernauts force field was used regularly it was portrayed as being completely impenetrable.

confused

not at me i assume?

leonidas
What is her character? She's all over the board when it comes to personality. Did you forget about her abilties to copy herself. And why would Juggs keep his forcefield up? He rarely uses it. When was the last time he actually used it? Juggs is being talked about as much out of character as you are saying Maxima is. When Max's charcter has evolved so much over the years.

first and foremost she is an arrogant warrior, so no, i'd strongly disagree her personality is all over. even in her jla run she remained pretty consistent. and more copies just means..... well, nothing really, against juggs. and he'd keep his field up because the OP says ALL POWERS. if all powers are allowed, juggs has several other powers he could call upon as well. there is simply no way she can win this fight.

Knowsbleed33
confused

not at me i assume?

It was directed at the newbie.

leonidas
It was directed at the newbie.

lol

thumb up

Konton
first and foremost she is an arrogant warrior, so no, i'd strongly disagree her personality is all over. even in her jla run she remained pretty consistent. and more copies just means..... well, nothing really, against juggs. and he'd keep his field up because the OP says ALL POWERS. if all powers are allowed, juggs has several other powers he could call upon as well. there is simply no way she can win this fight.

Nah, Maxima varied greatly from writer to writer. Sometimes she was a snobby hands-off princess, sometimes she was an ass-kicking warrior.

leonidas
Originally posted by Konton
Nah, Maxima varied greatly from writer to writer. Sometimes she was a snobby hands-off princess, sometimes she was an ass-kicking warrior.

but throughout she was arrogant and i've never seen her refuse to fight someone. her temper was also consistent. so i guess we'll disagree.

PillarofOsiris
Honestly, if you think Juggernaut will win this, I feel sorry for you.

Knowsbleed33
There's no way for Maxima to win. It seems unlikely she'd go for a BFR.

carver9
And its a possibility that the bfr attempt might not even work. This fight isn't in her favor at all.

Uriel005
Couldn't Maxima just TK him about 6 inches off the ground and then he'd be powerless to do anything floating around...

Knowsbleed33
Jean tried that also and it failed.

Uriel005
I have the solution... She picks him up from behind. Right where his oversized arms can't grab her and flailing legs can't kick her big grin

Knowsbleed33
The only way that would work is if she picked him up with the ground his standing on which still gives him something to gain momentum on.

zopzop
Jean tried that also and it failed.

What issue was this in?

Anyway, Maxima is in a whole other league than Jean (without the PF). She's telekineticly held CONTINENTS together according to comicvine. What's to stop her from pulverizing the ground beneath Jugzie's feat, and as he's falling in the crater she's created, lifting him with her TK. He's now officially FUGGED!

What's to stop her from encasing him in a TK forcefield and throwing him into space or something?

She has so many options it's not even funny.

I'm admitting she CANNOT get through his forcefield if it's up, but in the same fashion, he's NOT hurting her. She has almost Superman level strength, speed, stamina, and durability with NO weaknesses at all. Add her TK forcfields and there's no way Juggs is gonna do anything to her that she don't want done.

TricksterPriest
She absolutely isn't powerful enough to do any real damage to him.

But Juggernaut is an idiot and as has been said, he doesn't really exploit the full power of Cyttorak, nor has the shield been used in a long time.

She's too fast for him to hit in H2H. But is the juggernaut being vulnerable to TP or that his helmet shields him basic knowledge? Because if she's not smart enough to figure it out, it's a stalemate.

Uriel005
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
She absolutely isn't powerful enough to do any real damage to him.

But Juggernaut is an idiot and as has been said, he doesn't really exploit the full power of Cyttorak, nor has the shield been used in a long time.

She's too fast for him to hit in H2H. But is the juggernaut being vulnerable to TP or that his helmet shields him basic knowledge? Because if she's not smart enough to figure it out, it's a stalemate. She will eventually tire out. Juggernaut doesn't. However that said. Even if she can't effect him directly she can condense the air around him until it can support him and hold him off the ground. I do believe her tk is sufficient for that at the very least.

zopzop
@TricksterPriest

I don't know if the TP/Helmet thing is common knowledge. I would think it could be, but I wouldn't be surprised if many forum members said no.

And again, I agree with you about the shield thing. He's had MANY appearances with that thing OFF! He's either stupid or the writers are morons. Either/Or big grin

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Uriel005
She will eventually tire out. Juggernaut doesn't. However that said. Even if she can't effect him directly she can condense the air around him until it can support him and hold him off the ground. I do believe her tk is sufficient for that at the very least.

Hell, if the fight went long enough, then yes, he would win by default. He doesn't need food or rest.

But if she connects the dots on the helmet, or tries to take it off, he's screwed.

Edit: I just remembered the part with Jean. If he can still do that, or fight against active TK repelling him, she has to go H2H.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by zopzop
What issue was this in?

It took place in Uncanny X-Men #13

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Unique/Misc/UCXM013-16.jpg

Hyperion Prime
Juggernaut has just as much chance as doomsday did no expression How did that work out for maxima galan_juggernaut

PillarofOsiris
So Juggernaut = Doomsday now? My God, there are some crazy opinions on this site.

Hyperion Prime
It took place in Uncanny X-Men #13

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Unique/Misc/UCXM013-16.jpg

Damn you shut everybody up laughing out loud laughing out loud

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
So Juggernaut = Doomsday now? My God, there are some crazy opinions on this site.

go here and read this thread many people think so

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513953

zopzop
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Damn you shut everybody up laughing out loud laughing out loud

How is that shutting anyone up? That scan is at least 30+ years old. Jean used to have problems lifting even moderately heavy objects and would strain to lift 5 teammates aloft, Scott even made mention of this after she became the Phoenix.

Maxima has held CONTINENTAL PLATES together using her TK. See the difference in power between Jean from 30+ years ago pre-Phoenix and Maxima?

Philosophía
Damn you shut everybody up laughing out loud laughing out loud That's like saying that Superman no-selling Alfred would shut everybody up on Thanos' ability to hurt him.

Hyperion Prime
How is that shutting anyone up? That scan is at least 30+ years old. Jean used to have problems lifting even moderately heavy objects and would strain to lift 5 teammates aloft, Scott even made mention of this after she became the Phoenix.

Maxima has held CONTINENTAL PLATES together using her TK. See the difference in power between Jean from 30+ years ago pre-Phoenix and Maxima?

Stop makin excuses. You asked for the scan and he showed you. You practically begged for the scan. Until you can show me Maxima using her tk to stop Juggernauts forcefield or me showing you he can push throughit the best wehave is that scan. Jean in no way implies that she is to weak to hold him...fact is he is stronger than tk.

I Am Sam Mam

zopzop
Stop makin excuses. You asked for the scan and he showed you. You practically begged for the scan. Until you can show me Maxima using her tk to stop Juggernauts forcefield or me showing you he can push throughit the best wehave is that scan. Jean in no way implies that she is to weak to hold him...fact is he is stronger than tk.

Do you really want me give you a lesson on how pathetic Jean's TK was before she became Phoenix?

I thought he was gonna give us a recent scan not something from the 60s.

Hyperion Prime
Do you really want me give you a lesson on how pathetic Jean's TK was before she became Phoenix?

I thought he was gonna give us a recent scan not something from the 60s.

again more excuses. This was not a matter of her having weak TK this is a matter of Juggernaut being unstoppable. Maxima is not stopping him either and she sure isnt removing his force field unless she is all of a sudden magic.

Originally posted by I Am Sam Mam
There is no shield from Juggs in that pic. That is Jean's TK wrapping around Juggs and Jean Struggling to hold Jugs. You forget that Jean has held Juggernaut later on with her TK in his powered form. She even remarks how she is powerful enough to hold him until all the xmen get there. This was aroundxmen300-325. Yeah, Maxima can get the helmet off of him. Hell, Jean isn't even trying to remove the helmet in that scan.

Not saying it didnt happen but I never remember her stopping him ever.

I Am Sam Mam

I Am Sam Mam

Hyperion Prime
No. That isn't what the scan is saying. The scan says that she couldn't hold him because of his weight. And he was pressing against her TK with his strength. His unstoppable power was overridden the moment she picked him up off the ground. And that was weak pathetic Jean that managed to do that.

His strength was not over ridden he was still moving forward even when she held him up off the ground....He was pushing ahead on gravity and her tk. She quotes "He is advancing against me" that means dude was still pushing forward.

I Am Sam Mam

Hyperion Prime
He was pushing against her TK with his strength.And it's a pretty low showing for Jugs. Jean was teth weak sauce shit in those days.

eek! lol that's what I just said he was using his unstoppable force. He would do the same to Maxima.

I Am Sam Mam

Hyperion Prime
I've never been banned what are you talking about? And his unstoppable force is not his strength. Two different powers. Professor X says in the scan,he's too strong. Denoting that is his strength that she is using her TK against. Not a shield nor his unstoppable power.

jUGGERNAUTS STRENGTH AND HIS DURABILITY AND UNSTOPPABILITY(force field Aura) ARE ALL RELATED

When juggernaut was trapped under that mountain all those years you think he didn't use all three to get out of there

When Parker put up the webbing there first encounter he used all three again. One the webbing didnt touch him force field, two/three he used strength and durability to push through the webbing that wasnt touching him and his raw strength brought the building down

Bannedsock103
. Yet another banned sock... laughing

Omega Vision
eek! lol that's what I just said he was using his unstoppable force. He would do the same to Maxima.
Jean holds Juggs in the air for a few seconds, Maxima tosses him into orbit. See the difference?

Knowsbleed33
Jesus, this is still being discussed?

Omega Vision
Jesus, this is still being discussed?
Yes, strangely enough trying to force a comparison between rookie Jean and a planetary level telekinetic isn't a thread ender.

Knowsbleed33
Just proves TK isn't viable to use against Juggernaut.

Omega Vision
Just proves TK isn't viable to use against Juggernaut.
No it doesn't. It doesn't prove that anymore than Luke Cage tanking a punch from Spider-Man would prove that a punch from Superman wouldn't be 'viable', it only proves that Jean's TK wasn't enough to stop him for good. But even so Jean was able to stop him for a little bit. Maxima>>>Rookie Jean.

Either this simple point eludes you or you're being disingenuous.

I know you're not an idiot, so it must be the latter.

Knowsbleed33
It proves that his FF prevents anyone using TK on him. This is the first of 2 times she tried it.

TK is no good here, accept it and move on.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he uses his force field, Cain. If not, Maxima if she fights smart.

Omega Vision
It proves that his FF prevents anyone using TK on him. This is the first of 2 times she tried it.

TK is no good here, accept it and move on.
It didn't prevent her from doing anything. She suspended him and held him in place for a time, she just wasn't good enough.

That doesn't go anywhere close to proving it would be as easy for him to dismiss a much stronger telekinetic like Maxima.

Knowsbleed33
He was still advancing on her in that scan and the other instance has him canceling out the TK altogether.

zopzop
Yes, strangely enough trying to force a comparison between rookie Jean and a planetary level telekinetic isn't a thread ender.

Early Jean pre-Phoenix was a JOKE TP and TK wise compared to Maxima.

Marvel Girl level TK lifting 5 people impresses Scott
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2439/theuncannyxmen12724.th.jpg

A weakened Maxima pulls together one of the three fissures tearing her planet apart :
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/7231/justiceleagueamerica65o.th.jpg http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7231/justiceleagueamerica65o.th.jpg

They are leagues apart power wise.

Omega Vision
He was still advancing on her in that scan and the other instance has him canceling out the TK altogether.
Great.

That still doesn't mean he can do the same to Maxima.

Once more, its like arguing that because Luke Cage can laugh off a punch from Spider-Man he can laugh off a punch from Hulk or Superman.

JakeTheBank
Great.

Once more, its like arguing that because Luke Cage can laugh off a punch from Spider-Man he can laugh off a punch from Hulk or Superman.

Bendis Cage could, probs.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bendis Cage could, probs.
laughing out loud

Knowsbleed33
Great.

So you're assuming Maximas TK works just because?

Hyperion Prime
Great.

Doesn't mean he can't do the same to Maxima. See how that works confused

Philosophía
Doesn't mean he can't do the same to Maxima. See how that works confused Lawlz.

TricksterPriest
To be honest, theoretically, Juggernaut should be able to advance. It's within his powerset. The juggernaut cannot be stopped from moving if he wants to move. He can be redirected, but not stopped in forward momentum. If she just tried to hold him in place or from advancing period, she would fail. But she could toss him into the air using his own momentum, etc.

And pre-phoenix marvel girl is a joke compared to Maxima. Scans of him taking on someone bit more powerful would help Juggernaut's case alot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor did it. It's not impossible. It just takes more power than Maxima has access to based on what I've seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.