A Good Day to Die Hard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

RE: Blaxican
He's getting too old for this shit.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I disagree, I liked the last one a lot, other than the first it was my favorite. Willis is just as badass as ever.

The Nuul
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

No Riggs and Murtaugh are.

steverules_2
RJ is gonna be loving this

Kazenji
Shame we have to go on from news thats from last year.

Nephthys
Originally posted by General_Iroh
I disagree, I liked the last one a lot, other than the first it was my favorite. Willis is just as badass as ever.

Whle I agree that it was the second best Die Hard in that it was actually a really good movie, I don't think Willis should keep making DH movies. The reason why DH4 worked was because they accepted his age and explored it. But you can't do that for another 2 movies. It'll just get silly.

marwash22
continue the series, replace Willis with someone who doesn't need icy/hot between takes.

The Nuul
Bruce is very difficult to give direction too.

MildPossession
Old news... at least put up to date news in a topic.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
Bruce is very difficult to give direction too.

Really? That's interesting. I did not know that, obviously.

Expand on this with some examples. Give me some links because I had trouble finding something.

The Nuul
Hes a *******, he does it his way and thats it. Did you ever noticed that he has never changed his acting style for any of his roles, its the same sound and look etc.... its always Mclane aka Mr tough guy.

MildPossession
Or, he can't act well anyway...

The Nuul
Both.

BruceSkywalker
i will see this...

Esau Cairn
Hes a *******, he does it his way and thats it. Did you ever noticed that he has never changed his acting style for any of his roles, its the same sound and look etc.... its always Mclane aka Mr tough guy.

Well he's dabbled in enough comedies, whether hit or miss to know that Willis can be versatile.

However he's done enough movies where his character is burnt-out for whatever reason to know that he plays the part well.

4 Die-Hard films,Striking Distance, Hostage, 16 Blocks, Last Boy Scout was the burnt-out, disgraced cop..."just doing his job."

Pulp Fiction- washed out former boxer.
5th Element- washed out taxi driver.
Sixth Sense- washed out father/husband.

Hollywood knows what to expect & he plays the roles well.

steverules_2
I liked him in that movie The jackal, he played the role of an assassin very well

Kazenji
John Moore to direct the movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81665

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by marwash22
continue the series, replace Willis with someone who doesn't need icy/hot between takes.

bruce willis is die hard mad

Sadako of Girth
So hes going to Russia?

Too bad for Russia! shifty

-Pr-
"A Good Day To Die Hard" is the title of the new movie apparently.

Some bits:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/12/bruce-willis-is-john-mcclane-in-a-good-day-to-die-hard-getting-ready-to-hand-reins-over-to-mcclane-jr/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+
Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

Kazenji
Time for a mod to rename the thread.

steverules_2
I prefer the title of the second movie in the series...die harder

Kazenji
That 4th movie i reakon it had the better title for it outside of America 'Die Hard 4.0' rather then the other one.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
That 4th movie i reakon it had the better title for it outside of America 'Die Hard 4.0' rather then the other one.

You mean live free or die hard? I'm sure that's what they called it here

BruceSkywalker
as long as Mac takes care of business all will be right in the world... laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
You mean live free or die hard? I'm sure that's what they called it here

Yah think??

thats why i'm saying 4.0 sounded better.......well to me anyway.

-Pr-
Regardless of name, I hate that I had to watch the unrated version to enjoy it the most

Kazenji
Yeah what were they thinking when releasing a cut version of it for the cinema and we had to wait fort uncut version DVD/Blu-Ray.

steverules_2

Yah think??

thats why i'm saying 4.0 sounded better.......well to me anyway.

I don't live in the America wink So outside of America it was also called 'Live free or die hard' in some area's of the world

Kazenji
Moving on............

steverules_2
A good day to die hard...sounds kinda cheesy, but then the titles usually are

jinXed by JaNx
A good day to die hard...sounds kinda cheesy, but then the titles usually are

yeah...,live free or die hard...,that's just gold. It tells you exactly what you're in store for laughing out loud Other than the first one ive always looked at the die hard movies as cheesy. Yeah, they have style, memorable characters and big budgets but 2-4 were all kinds of cheese infested but thats what makes them so good.

What does everyone think the weakest of the series is?
I think the second one is the worst and just an overall bad movie even if it is still fun to wtch

steverules_2
I'd say 3...I quite liked 2, it was good for a sequel...it was no terminator 2 or Aliens which are examples of great sequels...but it was ok. I liked the ending the best, IMO best use of the 'Yippee kai muthafuka!' Blows up a plane and uses that famous line, golden smile

movielocker
too bad for russia?.. how come?....anyway die hard..lets wait and see smile

Kazenji
4 actors to play Bruce Willis's son

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49397

did'nt know he had a son.....i know he had a daughter from what the last movie showed.

steverules_2
4 actors to play Bruce Willis's son

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49397

did'nt know he had a son.....i know he had a daughter from what the last movie showed.

In the first movie it was shown that he had a son

Sadako of Girth
Yep. John Jr.

Myth
I'd be cool with Jesse from Breaking Bad.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah he totally should get the job.

The right mix of non-superhuman/blue collar guy with the action smarts and comedic chops too.

And he can act.

Certainly out of that list of the alternatives they apparently were considering, he is the true McHeir.

steverules_2
I see a mod changed the name of the thread, last time I was here it was still called Die hard 24/7

Sadako of Girth
Thats wise. The 24/7 didn't fit a fifth movie numerologically..

steverules_2
A lot of people think the 4th movie was better than the first but for me I totally disagree, the 4th movie was good...better than the last 2 sequels anyway...but still I think the first one for me will always be my favorite. I dunno how film 5 will play out, seems they are adding Mac's kids into the main storylines now.

If they somehow work Riggs into it and have Mac kick his ass then the 5th movie will definately be my favorite.

Sadako of Girth
I disagree with that, too.

I think its was good, but the 1st is king.

Hahahahah for it to be a fair faight, McClane would have to be magiced back to 1986 to face a version of Riggs than didn't need a zimmerframe and grandpa diapers.

Or maybe it could be present day, but nick (Murtaugh's Son) would have to come in and save Riggs all the time like his father before him.

steverules_2
If Riggs got his ass handed to him by Mac I'd wanna be there when RJ see's it just to see the butt hurt expression on his face, would be classic...I miss that dude

I remember watching an episode of the office where they are talking the first and fourth movie (Michael gets the scene from the fourth film wrong, he said he crashed a motorcycle into a helicopter when it was in fact a police car) and Michael talks about why the first movie is better than the fourth movie and he actually made some pretty good points. I can't really remember them step by step but everytime I see that scene I agree with what he's saying.

Sadako of Girth
"If?"

Cool....I'll look that up. smile

steverules_2
"If" as in "If we ever got to see it on the big screen"

It's a pretty good show smile

Mr. Rhythmic

...Then don't watch his movies.

Impediment
I fixed the title. I figured it appropriate.

I still havent seen DH4.

steverules_2
You should, it's better than the last 2 sequels IMO

roughrider
Originally posted by Impediment
I fixed the title. I figured it appropriate.

I still havent seen DH4.

I didn't either. People were asking me at the time why I wasn't interested; I said 'It's over, already. Willis and company are just humping a corpse.'

Kazenji
I read Willis would like Len Wisemen (Did the last movie) back to direct this one.

steverules_2
I hope he can pull off what he did last time

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider
I didn't either. People were asking me at the time why I wasn't interested; I said 'It's over, already. Willis and company are just humping a corpse.'

Regardless of whether it was another Die hard movie with Willis playing the role of Mclane...the movie had a decent story line with some decent action sequences.

It had some ridiculous action scenarios (like the other Die Hards) but also balanced out with strong characterisations (issues of Mclane's age & introducing him as a father).

If anything, it's worth watching just so you'd have a valid opinion of the movie rather than not watching it because you feel it's redundant.

And as far as "humping a corpse", I think Willis/Mclane is the only actor with a more plausible role then say Arnie or Stallone reprising Terminator or Rocky/Rambo.

Esau Cairn
I just read the next Die hard is going to be set in Russia with Maclane & his 2 sons battling terrorists.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I just read the next Die hard is going to be set in Russia with Maclane & his 2 sons battling terrorists.

Yeah thats already been mentioned i think on page 2 or 1.

Myth
A lot of people think the 4th movie was better than the first

I never heard anybody say that.

Blacktoothgrin
Originally posted by Myth

I agree 100%. It doesnt compare to the original. None of the sequels do. Especially not the 4th, imo.

Kazenji
John McClane's son has been found

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=55144

steverules_2
Originally posted by Myth

Consider yourself lucky

Psychotron
John McClane's son has been found

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=55144

He doesn't look like him at all. This one better be rated R unlike the mockery that was DH4.

Patient_Leech
Oh, thank god Len Wiseman isn't directing again. His style worked perfectly for Underworld, but it was just too over-the-top for Die Hard. Apparently John Moore is directing. I dunno.. I'm not sure going to Russia to fight terrorists is a good idea. They should go back to basics, man... put him back in a building and just make the building a bit more... unique.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Psychotron
He doesn't look like him at all. This one better be rated R unlike the mockery that was DH4.

Thats why they released the uncut one on dvd/blu-ray.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, thank god Len Wiseman isn't directing again. His style worked perfectly for Underworld, but it was just too over-the-top for Die Hard.

What makes the Die-hard series fun IS the Over The Top action sequences.

They may be logically impossible & filled with plot induced stupidity but only Willis (not Cruise) can make them plausible.

Patient_Leech
Yes, the action is important. However, I don't remember too many specific examples (cuz it's been too long since I've seen Live Free...), but I remember there being silly fight scenes that just didn't feel real. I seem to recall some tiny girl beating John (or somebody) up and it just didn't have the raw, grounded feel that the original film had.

Esau Cairn
I seem to recall some tiny girl beating John (or somebody) up and it just didn't have the raw, grounded feel that the original film had.

I think you're talking about Maggie Q.
She's quite the action heroine in her own right.
Nikita the series fer starters & about 80% of all her previous movie roles features her fighting & shooting...

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Psychotron

I agree that the tone of DH4 was softer but that's no real reason to say it was a mockery. IMDB'ers say the same things, there's no brutal violence, there's no (or very little) swearing, McClane's not as wisecracking or brash, the stunts were outlandish etc.

Stupid arguments really because the plot is centred more around computer hacking than any real threat of violence, (DH3 has desultory fight scenes/violence but thats left alone), the swearing and the brashness are toned down because McClane is older and probably can't be bothered to trash talk. The stunts? Outlandish? Have they not watched the previous films or what?

This isn't directed at you specifically Psychotron, just a breakdown at some of the comments I've heard about DH4.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
MDB'ers say the same things, there's no brutal violence, there's no (or very little) swearing,

Even with the uncut version on DVD/Blu-Ray?

Lord Shadow Z
Even with the uncut version on DVD/Blu-Ray?

Well, I think they were more disappointed in the theatre release (I saw it on DVD first) so that might be part of it, but from reading the comments they generally dislike the whole movie, from plot to the execution of it. More than one of them say it's not 'a die hard film' and I strongly disagree.

Hermoine02
Thanks for sharing
& pls change your avatar

swill388
He is getting to old for this.

Kazenji
New set photos

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90956

Kazenji
A poster from the licensing Expo

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Licensing_Expo_2012/Licensing_Expo_2012_21.jpg

just re-using the one for Die Hard 4's design, I'm sure something better will come along.

roughrider
Oh, thank god Len Wiseman isn't directing again. His style worked perfectly for Underworld, but it was just too over-the-top for Die Hard. Apparently John Moore is directing.

Meh. John Moore has been directing since Behind Enemy Lines in 2001; nothing has been decent yet.

I'm not disappointed about Len Wiseman not being around, either. The best asset he has is his hot wife Kate Beckinsale, who will do any movie hubby asks her to. wink

Lord Shadow Z
A poster from the licensing Expo

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Licensing_Expo_2012/Licensing_Expo_2012_21.jpg

just re-using the one for Die Hard 4's design, I'm sure something better will come along.

Maybe not, Willis has got form for similar posing on movie posters

http://www.cracked.com/article_19093_8-actors-who-look-exactly-same-every-movie-poster_p2.html

Loved that article.

Kazenji
Set video's

steverules_2
Wonder if it'll be in 3D... sly

marwash22
first trailer...

RUSlcU0t10o

Robtard
I don't want to spoil it for anymore, but McClane kicks everyone's ass again. Shhh.

Tzeentch._
Looks like the greatest movie ever made.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
first trailer...

RUSlcU0t10o
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Looks like the greatest movie ever made.

Agreed. That looks f#cking epic.

super pr*xy
perfect valentine's day movie..

Esau Cairn
My erection just got an erection.

roughrider
John Moore hasn't made a good film yet.

First Die Hard film to be released outside summer.
On Valentine's Day.

I gave the last one a pass (Len Wiseman = Suck) Bruce, you retired John McClane once but changed your mind.

Just stop. Please.

Esau Cairn
The Die Hard franchise is much better & more credible than Arnie or Stallone revamping their "action" status on the big screen.

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing

steverules_2
Seems to me the movies more about Jack than John which is interesting, how many times we gonna see the Gruber family? First his brother now his son, Die hard 6 it'll be a little old lady on a motorised cart calling herself Vanessa Gruber, his mother

Kazenji
Seems to me the movies more about Jack than John which is interesting, how many times we gonna see the Gruber family? First his brother now his son, Die hard 6 it'll be a little old lady on a motorised cart calling herself Vanessa Gruber, his mother

Where you getting your info from?

about another gruber being in this 6th movie.

steverules_2
I made it up

In all honesty I did like the look of this new movie, I had to go to youtube though cause the one posted above was taken down. To be honest though it's like they aren't using John for this one much, more like his son's kicking ass and Johns coming along for the ride as his side kick..Die Hard's always been John with a side kick so I dunno about this change if there is a change at all but I'll wait and see.

Sadako of Girth
since the previous vid was "removed by user"..

FRLwoMXaZHQ

steverules_2
Trailer I saw earlier was longer and different

Sadako of Girth
Did it have the smoking hot biker chick in it?

steverules_2
I saw a fake trailer...but damn it was believeable

Glad to see it's still Mac kicking ass smile

Sadako of Girth
So there was no smoking hot biker chick? Denied...!

Kazenji
More feats for McClane for that vs thread.

Sadako of Girth
Yes there will be. hahaha

CowardlyBlakMan
isnt he collecting social security by now

Kazenji
He was still a cop in the last movie most likey keep going with that profession.

steverules_2
Isn't he a cop in all of them?

Kazenji
That's why i said

"He was still a cop in the last movie"

steverules_2
Oh right

Sadako of Girth
Even though he starts 3 by being a suspended cop.

(in accordance with hero cop cliche regulation no.832947) stick out tongue

Mr. Tibbs
Can't wait to see this, McClane is an awesome character.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Hope its a good one.

Mr. Tibbs
McClane versus the Taliban?

steverules_2
Mac wins...everytime, this time Mac takes on space!

Kazenji
Another Trailer

http://au.movies.yahoo.com/movie/72876/new-a-good-day-to-die-hard-trailer/trailers/e619a7b3_ec5f_3870_bd1d_b6fdabc21887/

steverules_2
Awesome, my favorite part was when it said that it was available in my location sad

Kazenji
Awesome, my favorite part was when it said that it was available in my location sad

Now you know how i feel with some of the videos online

its a stupid setup....

steverules_2
Was the trailer at least any good?

EDIT: Never mind, it's on youtube, was pretty damn kick ass

Kazenji
Was the trailer at least any good?

EDIT: Never mind, it's on youtube, was pretty damn kick ass

Yeah now it is

for the other folks who can't view one in the link i posted

pZDMB1gefbU

BruceSkywalker
Yeah now it is

for the other folks who can't view one in the link i posted

pZDMB1gefbU

looks great

steverules_2
Is she Mac's new love interest?

Sadako of Girth
Don't know about that yet, but she's certainly be MY new love interest. stick out tongue

Robtard
I can foresee McClane launching his carpenis at her vaginacopter.

CowardlyBlakMan
Willis should just run this franchise into the ground. Oh wai---

Mindset
Is he gonna die with a boner?

CowardlyBlakMan
Originally posted by Mindset
Is he gonna die with a boner?

Well it's a good day to die hard.

steverules_2
I guess thats how they got the title

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
I can foresee McClane launching his carpenis at her vaginacopter.

Or swinging on his fire-hose through her cream stained windows. confused

Kazenji
i2Y2PpY6fNo

steverules_2
SO his daughter was in the 4th...his son is in the 5th...and I think they're gonna do a 6th...so I wonder who'll be in that

Kazenji
m3kKlzbM_Kw

R rating for you American users

Patient_Leech
This looks like it'll be fun. Looks like it'll be worth seeing in IMAX, too..

Major_Lexington
I'm excited for this, looks great!

Kazenji
Found out for us Aussies it doesn't open until March.

Kazenji
17 stills

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98995

Kazenji
Die Hard Marathon which will culminate in the midnight opening of the fifth film in the series

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=73111

zvCZYYTUumo

Sadako of Girth
Shit...! Thats a lot of DH....!!

Darth Martin
On one hand I'm going to be in line to see this. On the other I'm just imagining the MVF traffic of McClane threads after this drops.

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing this and will most likely enjoy..

Originally posted by Darth Martin
On one hand I'm going to be in line to see this. On the other I'm just imagining the MVF traffic of McClane threads after this drops.

some will most likely be butthurt because with his feats from this McClane will easily win moreso than he already does

Sadako of Girth
yup

ditto
Yippee-ki-yay, motherf***ers!

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

some will most likely be butthurt because with his feats from this McClane will easily win moreso than he already does

He'll probably sink an aircraft carrier this time around with a headbutt.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
He'll probably sink an aircraft carrier this time around with a headbutt.

i can see that happening stick out tongue

quanchi112
I really hope this is the last die hard. Bruce is too damn old to run around for 2 hours getting his ass whooped by women. Have some pride, Bruce.

Darth Martin
Let's see how this one goes. Live Free or Die Hard was surprisingly very entertaining.

Kazenji
Bruce Willis' Explosive Reveal of Fox's New Die Hard Mural

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99799

Kazenji
Willis confirms a 6th is movie will also be made

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Durf6199/news/?a=73901

Darth Martin
Oh, boy. Let's see how this one goes first Bruce.

Sadako of Girth
It will be loud and explosive, me thinks.
Its come around quick. Definitely going opening night.

Kazenji
Not sure if i'll able to make to the cinema for the latest one.

Sadako of Girth
Bummer.

I missed the last one, and had to catch the DVD, so will definitely make up for it this time.

BruceSkywalker
i'll be seeing it either next saturday or sunday

Scarlet Fox
Die Hard is so amazing! big grin

Major_Lexington
Looks great!

PMiddy001
Die Hard 4.0 ticked all the boxes for me, will definitely be buying part 5 no matter what is said about it.

Patient_Leech
Early reviews for this don't sound positive.

"Complete waste of time... morally reprehensible."
"R.I.P. Die Hard franchise."
"Continuity has become a thing of the past..."

sad

Darth Martin
FSWiMoO8zNE

BruceSkywalker
Early reviews for this don't sound positive.

"Complete waste of time... morally reprehensible."
"R.I.P. Die Hard franchise."
"Continuity has become a thing of the past..."

sad

which doesn't mean anything as this will be superb business this weekend and beyond

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>