Cyrax (MK) vs Ryu (SF)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
Robot vs Karate Man
West vs East

Tha C-Master
Hmm not sure, Cyrax doesn't seem to have a lot to note, probably Ryu. I love Cyrax though.

TheGoldenSpy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTFTs4Xtsc

RE: Blaxican
If Cyrus actually possessed the ability he would have actually done it by now, instead of losing every fight he's ever been in. That being said, he has never shown the ability to do that in canon.

TheGoldenSpy
IT'S NOT CANON WAHH

Nope.

Clearly the developers intended to show what the weapons he had were capable of even if he never used that in the story. He wouldn't want to, last time I checked Cyrax is aligned with good.

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
IT'S NOT CANON WAHH

Nope.

Clearly the developers intended to show what the weapons he had were capable of even if he never used that in the story.

Prove it.

Tha C-Master
Fatalities have been used as "joke" moves, and have things like Liu Kang dropping an arcade machine, hence the reason fatalities are hard to grasp as canon many times.

And where the hell did he store so many bombs anyways?

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Prove it.

Don't be silly dude.

You think it isn't actually capable for Sub-Zero to freeze someone and then uppercut them? Only because it never happens in the story? Of course not. Same thing here. Only difference is that people will have a hard time accepting it because it would make Cyrax too strong for their liking.

Oh, and before it's compared to supernova.

Cyrax Blows up the planet, everything dies, end of story.

Sephiroth uses supernova Nothing dies, the planet is still there.

Reasons why I think it counts.

-Not a gameplay balance restriction
-It's within the same games as the rest of the canon series
-It's a cutscene

Don't be silly dude.

You think it isn't actually capable for Sub-Zero to freeze someone and then uppercut them?

Sub-Zero has been shown using ice powers outside of fatalities, so that's a bad example.

Darkstorm Zero
And if Cyrax has ever actually demonstrated this capability, Cyber Smoke too for that matter, there would not be any MKs after MK3...

Tha C-Master
It doesn't make much sense seeing as they would just use the ability in the first place if so, and really would you let a cyborg walk around with that in case they malfunction?

samirerre
its just a wepon
if he were to use it then ryu scrowed
but he wouldnt
he is good
meybe sektor would do

Tha C-Master
He has not shown in his story the ability to blow up the planet, and Smoke had that move too. I guess Liu Kang can drop arcade machines on people as well.

TheGoldenSpy
There is no reason Liu Kang could not drop a arcade cabinet on a mofo in the story.

Cyrax Fatality should count IMO but whatever. I don't recall the developers ever stating the fatalities are 100 non- canon. They seem like what-ifs. Don't think it would have been a dealbreaker though for Ryu. He still has a speed and strentgh advantage.

Cyrax may get some new stuff in the new game so wait for that.

Tha C-Master
Lol, I doubt the arcade thing, but maybe I'm crazy.

Darkstorm Zero
What I said on the subject in another thread re: Nightmare Geese vs Shin Akuma.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
The Meteor thing is the only one I can think of that is not canon.

The Island Sinker was done in story, as was the Uluru spliting Kongou Kokuretsu Zan and the ship destroying Tenshou Kaireki Jin. The Forest cratering Sekia Koretsu Ha is also potentially canon.

The reason for this? The events that these feats took place are either needed for other characters stories to proceed (Ryu's from SFA2) or have no bearing on anyone elses story at all (IE: they can happen because it does not interfere with anyone elses events at all).

The difference bitween this and Cyrax's fatality, is that all of these events happened in story, and they are not game breakers like blowing up planets. If Akuma ever got to that level, he would be 'a' class Darkstalker tier, probably even more.

I need not say anything more on the subject.

Tha C-Master
The master's patience has been tested!!

Joker1237
Cyrax wins if he blows up the world. lol. Not unless Ryu can breath in space like Batman.

Frisky Dingo
Lol, would Cyrax not kill himself, too?

And is Ryu really going 2 let Cyrax pop out all those bombs without doing anything? AND, if the thread starter feels that Cyrax can just blow up the planet, Y even make the thread?

This smakcs of fishyness.

Tha C-Master
It would be draw at best...

TheGoldenSpy
No, ryu wasn't just stand there, but if 23 or so of those bombs can do that than one should easily destroy a country. Cyrax could just toss one in ryus general vicinity.

ScreamPaste
Please don't tell me the world-busting fatality is being taken as canon? erm

It's not. At this point, we're just humoring him.

That aside, best case scenario for Cyrax is that it would be a draw, as he would end up killing himself as well.

TheAuraAngel
Oh, and before it's compared to supernova.

Cyrax Blows up the planet, everything dies, end of story.

Sephiroth uses supernova Nothing dies, the planet is still there.

Including Cyrax, so suicide bombing for the ****ing win I guess.

Nothing dies except for the majority of our solar system. And it is worth noting that Sephy would not want to destroy Gaia.

Darkstorm Zero
No, ryu wasn't just stand there, but if 23 or so of those bombs can do that than one should easily destroy a country. Cyrax could just toss one in ryus general vicinity.

Country destroying?

D2d8dnrvUAs

I don't think so. It doesn't even chip a bridge...

TheGoldenSpy
Nothing is destroyed period. All supernova does is make a cool illusion. When Cyrax does his fatality everything is done. It's legit. Seph does supernova and can't even kill anything.

Tha C-Master
Non-Canon though.

TheAuraAngel
Nothing is destroyed period. All supernova does is make a cool illusion. When Cyrax does his fatality everything is done. It's legit. Seph does supernova and can't even kill anything.

*giggle*

And the same can't be applied to Cyrax because....?

TheGoldenSpy
Because Cyrax can actually kill something with his attack.

TheAuraAngel
Sephiroth's attack is scripted and is not allowed to kill anything. Does not mean it did not blow up all those planets. :3

TheGoldenSpy
And yet the planet he does the attack on isn't even damaged. Lol nope.

Sephiroth can't kill or damage anything with his attack. What Cyrax does is actually believable. There is no comparison. The only thing that stops Cyrax is that it never happened in the story. I have yet to hear the developers say that the fatalities aren't canon.

They haven't said they are, either. Which is why it matters if it's shown in the storyline. Obviously if Ed Boon came out and said fatalities were canon it wouldn't matter. As it stands though, the MK creators put a lot of jokes and parodies in the game through fatalities.

TheGoldenSpy
I didn't say the were canon in the story, just that the fatalities they do would be impossible for them to do. A lot of fatalities are easily in the capabilities of the MK fighters.

But I won't use them then.

Darkstorm Zero
I didn't say the were canon in the story, just that the fatalities they do would be impossible for them to do. A lot of fatalities are easily in the capabilities of the MK fighters.

But I won't use them then.

Then whats the point of even bringing them up?

Hell man, if Fatalities where canon and story bound, you'd have something, as it stands, there have only been a handful of actual deaths in the entire history of Mortal Kombat's storyline, and Cyrax's fatality is not listed as one of them.

Frisky Dingo

Even if I belived U, which I don't, win U say that Cyrax could Dstroy a country with a single bomb, that would STILL kill Cyrax, too. laughing out loud

TheAuraAngel
And yet the planet he does the attack on isn't even damaged. Lol nope.

Sephiroth can't kill or damage anything with his attack. What Cyrax does is actually believable. There is no comparison. The only thing that stops Cyrax is that it never happened in the story. I have yet to hear the developers say that the fatalities aren't canon.

Which was Sephiroths intent. :3

Except the people caught in the attack and the planets? Cyrax blowing up the world is believable? Explain that one please.

TheGoldenSpy
Then whats the point of even bringing them up?

Hell man, if Fatalities where canon and story bound, you'd have something, as it stands, there have only been a handful of actual deaths in the entire history of Mortal Kombat's storyline, and Cyrax's fatality is not listed as one of them.

Dude....I just...said that I knew they don't happen in canon.... I just highly disagree that because of that, every fatality the fighters can do are 100% impossible. Smoke has had the same exact fatality for three games aswell. I highly doubt the developers would keep on giving smoke the same fatality of they themselves thought he couldn't do it.

That's why I brought it up. If KMC doesn't want to use them, then I won't use them.

@ Aura

His intent doesn't change anything and he doesn't damage any real planets. It's just a weird lightshow.

Darkstorm Zero
Dude....I just...said that I knew they don't happen in canon.... I just highly disagree that because of that, every fatality the fighters can do are 100% impossible. Smoke has had the same exact fatality for three games aswell. I highly doubt the developers would keep on giving smoke the same fatality of they themselves thought he couldn't do it.

That's why I brought it up. If KMC doesn't want to use them, then I won't use them.

@ Aura

His intent doesn't change anything and he doesn't damage any real planets. It's just a weird lightshow.

Look.... you said that, AFTER my post... Don't be snapping at me because I'm raising a point.

This is becoming a touchy issue, and frankly it's a difficult one for me... I could take almost any fatality at face value, but that one and Liu's Arcade drop? Those are jokes.... If Cyrax and Cyber Smoke could actually do that, they'd be beyond impossible to defeat by anyone else in their own series...

That said, the Fatalities in MK1 where beleivable, and I think they could be applied. MK2 started loosing beleivability, but where doable. MK3 thu to Trilogy saw some ridiculous things come into play... Beleivability was somewhat restored for MK4 and MK4 gold. Deadly Alliance was pretty beleivable, almost back to MK1 levels. Deception... Not too sure about, and Armageddon had those do-it-yourself fatalities....

Ugh. Damn you Darkstorm. I'd almost forgotten about the **** your feelings Armageddon game. sighs

Tha C-Master
Look.... you said that, AFTER my post... Don't be snapping at me because I'm raising a point.

This is becoming a touchy issue, and frankly it's a difficult one for me... I could take almost any fatality at face value, but that one and Liu's Arcade drop? Those are jokes.... If Cyrax and Cyber Smoke could actually do that, they'd be beyond impossible to defeat by anyone else in their own series...

That said, the Fatalities in MK1 where beleivable, and I think they could be applied. MK2 started loosing beleivability, but where doable. MK3 thu to Trilogy saw some ridiculous things come into play... Beleivability was somewhat restored for MK4 and MK4 gold. Deadly Alliance was pretty beleivable, almost back to MK1 levels. Deception... Not too sure about, and Armageddon had those do-it-yourself fatalities.... There are a good amount of silly ones, not to mention friendships, babalities, animalities (some might be valid, but others...).

unrealman
Square wants the game to be beatable which is way Seph doesn't blow up the planet . cause if he did, then the game wouldn't be beatable and Square would have a lot of angry fans on their hands.

Tha C-Master
As long as it isn't a joke move.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.