Thor w/power gem vs Gladiator (full confidence)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

There's only one person who could possibly think Gladiator wins.

JakeTheBank
Lol.

Pretty sure Glads was fully confident as he tried to kill Thor once before.

Didn't stop him from getting obliterated. Power Gem Thor rages all over him.

Lol at "one person who could possibly think Gladiator wins." *nods in silent agreement*

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ooo crap Glads is at full confidence... Glads wins.. after all he can take Thanos.. Thanos and Thor with PG was a good fight.. Thus Glads all the way eh carver?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
Who wins ?
laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

Shhh....don't call the devil....

dmills
laughing out loud Thor crushes his skull. Other then Banner, there isn't another character in comics that I enjoy seeing get phucked up more. Arrogant Cock sucker.

iceman24567
Thor doesnt need the stupid gem to beat Gladz

psycho gundam
i take it thor won't be all stupid angry like he was in the comics, so it's a mega stomp

Starscream M
thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i take it thor won't be all stupid angry like he was in the comics, so it's a mega stomp If by stupid you mean effective then I agree.

D-Block
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor doesnt need the stupid gem to beat Gladz

The Nuul
erm

Pr?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by quanchi112
If by stupid you mean effective then I agree. i mean not crazed like before, not that he would lose anyway but the added benifit of a clear mind plus the power gem = carver spite

Nihilist
i mean not crazed like before, not that he would lose anyway but the added benifit of a clear mind plus the power gem = carver spite Thor for this thread is in Blood and Thunder mode.

PillarofOsiris
why does Thor need the gem here? this is a stomp of epic proportions.

TricksterPriest
Insane Thor? A Thor who knows what he's doing would wreck Gladiator. A crazy one might lose the gem if Gladz was smart enough to snag it. Or if he had good speed feats.

Yeah, Thor wins. But he wins ugly compared to a calm Thor that was in control.

Gem just makes it spitey. durno

quanchi112
i mean not crazed like before, not that he would lose anyway but the added benifit of a clear mind plus the power gem = carver spite Thor was more dangerous in that arc than I have ever seen him. he wasn't stupid by any means he was just crushing people, using the gem effectively, etc.

Silent Master
Yea....Thor was a monster in that arc, even Thanos couldn't physically beat him.....he had to grab a force-block gun. Even that was only slowing Thor down....as Thanos admitted that it was only a matter a time before Thor broke out and that by that time he'd be too powerful to beat.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yea....Thor was a monster in that arc, even Thanos couldn't physically beat him.....he had to grab a force-block gun. Even that was only slowing Thor down....as Thanos admitted that it was only a matter a time before Thor broke out and that by that time he'd be too powerful to beat. The only reason Thanos couldn't beat him physically was because of the power gem but his experimental tech still got the job done with one shot.

Silent Master
For the short term, as even Thanos admitted.

quanchi112
For the short term, as even Thanos admitted. Well Thor never got free again so the rest is speculation.

Silent Master
Quan just called Thanos a liar.

Lolololololo!!!!!!!

Prep-Man
Thor.

dmills

Lolololololo!!!!!!! Please don't get him started lol!

Silent Master
Originally posted by dmills
Please don't get him started lol!

Sure, I'll just go back to ignoring him.

h1a8
Glads.

He can just take the PG.

At full confidence, I believe Glads is faster and stronger than Thor. Even a 2x as powerful Thor.

zeel
Originally posted by h1a8
Glads.

He can just take the PG.

At full confidence, I believe Glads is faster and stronger than Thor. Even a 2x as powerful Thor.

how is he going to just take the PG?

thor destroys glads here.

GRIMNIR
Thor has power gem so he wins

How about Gladiator with power gem vs Thor?

Bet there are many Thor fanboys who think he could win still

Badabing
Originally posted by Nihilist
Who wins ? I will be very irked if I find this is a bait thread due to a debate from another thread.

Omega Vision
I hope his confidence is full for when he has to fight you, Bada. 131

quanchi112

Lolololololo!!!!!!! No, I am saying it's theoretical how long it would take him to get to those levels and what could actually stop him then. The Thor we did see on panel was oneshotted by Thanos' experimental gun.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, Thanos said Thor would break out in like an hour or two, and when he does, he'd be at their throats before they could do anything about it. I have no reason to believe Thanos was lying or wrong.

iceman24567
But Thanos always lies and is always wrong eek!

Badabing
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I hope his confidence is full for when he has to fight you, Bada. 131 g_hulk

durda

Silent Master
IIRC, Thanos said Thor would break out in like an hour or two, and when he does, he'd be at their throats before they could do anything about it. I have no reason to believe Thanos was lying or wrong.

I do find it amusing how suddenly Thanos' word can't be trusted.

dmills
I do find it amusing how suddenly Thanos' word can't be trusted. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, Thanos said Thor would break out in like an hour or two, and when he does, he'd be at their throats before they could do anything about it. I have no reason to believe Thanos was lying or wrong. Originally posted by iceman24567
But Thanos always lies and is always wrong eek!

laughing out loud Oh no, now you guys are really gonna get him started!

Zack Fair
Thanos always wins. Even if he is wrong and lies...he still wins.

dmills
30 pages

quanchi112
IIRC, Thanos said Thor would break out in like an hour or two, and when he does, he'd be at their throats before they could do anything about it. I have no reason to believe Thanos was lying or wrong. I am sure he was right but since we never saw Thor at those levels it's speculation since it was never written. Thanos beat the power gem sportin, jet settin, cigar smokin, limousine ridin, nature boy who got in up in his grill.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

quanchi112
I do find it amusing how suddenly Thanos' word can't be trusted. I never said it can't be trusted I am merely saying we didn't see that occur we only saw Thanos beat the Thor he faced.

JakeTheBank
Glads.

He can just take the PG.

There was nothing to suggest Gladiator was anything but fully confident when he went to go kill Thor. At least, he was confident until Thor destroyed him.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
how is he going to just take the PG?

thor destroys glads here.

Either snatch it off Thor's head with speed or just pop thor (stun him for a small moment) and then take it.

Very easily done.

Glads with Full Confidence is still physically superior to Thor with PG (at least in the beginning).

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There was nothing to suggest Gladiator was anything but fully confident when he went to go kill Thor. At least, he was confident until Thor destroyed him.

Glads at full confidence can destroy planets with mere punches. Glads never has shown that type of power elsewhere.

Lastly confidence =/= Full confidence
Comics MUST SAY Glads has full confidence otherwise we can't be so sure.

Omega Vision
LOL at Glads being 2x as powerful as Thor at Full Confidence.

JakeTheBank
LOL at someone suggesting Gladiator can win, period.

h1a8
Originally posted by Omega Vision
LOL at Glads being 2x as powerful as Thor at Full Confidence.

Well it's possible that Glads wasn't at full confidence when he performed those feats.

IMO, none of Thor's feats come close to Glads. If im mistaken then tell me a feat that compares to Glads best.

dmills
Well it's possible that Glads wasn't at full confidence when he performed those feats.

IMO, none of Thor's feats come close to Glads. If im mistaken then tell me a feat that compares to Glads best. I know what you're getting at, but here's where individual feats have to be weighted against other panel evidence to form a happy medium. Thor or a Thor offshoot has defeated Glads on more then one occasion.

That said, how much Mjolnir factors (or doesn't) into those previous contests should be accounted for though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL at this not being closed for spite already.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where is carver though? Glads and full confidence can beat Thanos h2h.. Yet, Thanos beat or stalemated Thor with the PG.. the same Thor with PG here.. So..... Glads must win right carver?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I am sure he was right but since we never saw Thor at those levels it's speculation since it was never written. Thanos beat the power gem sportin, jet settin, cigar smokin, limousine ridin, nature boy who got in up in his grill.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

So IOW, Thanos' calculations about Thor breaking out in an hour or two were correct.

quanchi112
So IOW, Thanos' calculations about Thor breaking out in an hour or two were correct. Yes, they probably were but we never saw that Thor so it's speculation to debate what would have actually happened.

Silent Master
IOW, Thanos is so stupid that his calculations can't be trusted.

Don Corleone
LOL at someone suggesting Gladiator can win, period.

quanchi112
IOW, Thanos is so stupid that his calculations can't be trusted. Do you ever read my posts ?

Silent Master
The ones where you call Thanos a liar and/or retard?

quanchi112
The ones where you call Thanos a liar and/or retard? I never said he was wrong I said he was mostly likely right but since we never saw what Thor was capable of in 5 hours or five weeks from then it's all speculation.

Silent Master
Look, I agree with you about Thanos being a liar and too stupid for his calcs to be used.

Back on topic, Thor wins.

Lord Feron
I wanna see the Gladiator that took out Vulcan take thor down. Gladiator walks through his attacks (like vulcan can't even hurt him anymore) because Gladiator simply believed it did not hurt him or he "knew" he was gonna take out vulcan no matter what. From that point that Gladiator could just about do anything in my book and i would definitely consider that the fabled "full confidence" Gladiator.

Black bolt z
Thor and easy.

quanchi112
Look, I agree with you about Thanos being a liar and too stupid for his calcs to be used.

Back on topic, Thor wins. Thanos was correct but Thor's power levels were theoretical given time with the gem. Thor wins this thread minus the gem and with it Glads has no chance.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thor and easy.

Most likely.

PillarofOsiris
This is easily the dumbest thread I've ever seen here.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
This is easily the dumbest thread I've ever seen here. Then you haven't been here very long.

JakeTheBank
Seriously, this is spite. All joking aside, it's obvious to nearly everyone here that Gladiator is getting his ass kicked by Thor. Without the gem, it's a bit closer, but c'mon. This idea that fully confident Gladiator is like Silver Age Superman or some other crap is just that.

Crap.

carver9
Seriously, this is spite. All joking aside, it's obvious to nearly everyone here that Gladiator is getting his ass kicked by Thor. Without the gem, it's a bit closer, but c'mon. This idea that fully confident Gladiator is like Silver Age Superman or some other crap is just that.

Crap.

The only thing I am going to say in this thread (so its pointless for you all to reply back) is... Thor wins this. Not because he is more powerful but because Gladiator is an arrogant biatch that boast throughout every fight that he is in.

If he actually amp himself to his planet crushing, moving and reacting at hyper speed, swimming in stars and tanking hits from tyrant, walking through Vulcans and Binary attacks "self"... he would cream ANY version of Thor but again, his arrogance is his downfall so even then he could possibly lose if we change his attitude.

Gladiator is his superior and even with the gem, he can match him physically and could possily end this with a stalemate or like some people said, use his superior speed and already superior strength to take the gem.

So overall... due to Glads being a retard, Thor wins. Put someone else mind in that powerful body, someone like Cyclops, Thor will get that a** handed to him more times than not.

Jake, do not respond to my post.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
The only thing I am going to say in this thread (so its pointless for you all to reply back) is... Thor wins this. Not because he is more powerful but because Gladiator is an arrogant biatch that boast throughout every fight that he is in.

If he actually amp himself to his planet crushing, moving and reacting at hyper speed, swimming in stars and tanking hits from tyrant, walking through Vulcans and Binary attacks "self"... he would cream ANY version of Thor but again, his arrogance is his downfall so even then he could possibly lose if we change his attitude.

Gladiator is his superior and even with the gem, he can match him physically and could possily end this with a stalemate or like some people said, use his superior speed and already superior strength to take the gem.

So overall... due to Glads being a retard, Thor wins. Put someone else mind in that powerful body, someone like Cyclops, Thor will get that a** handed to him more times than not.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-d04iRickYCk/TXcFHCH5vlI/AAAAAAAAAGA/wSD1jOHliZk/s400/75378-TrollFace.png

quanchi112

Jake, do not respond to my post. Gladiator wasn't arrogant when he took on Thor in Thor's own book. He went for the kill before Thor could even assess the situation and when he did he easily wrecked Glads. the only thing Glads had going for him was this and the fact Thor reverted to his human self.

Boom shakalaka.

JakeTheBank
Also, before I forget:

he would cream ANY version of Thor

So, you think a fully confident non-arrogant Gladiator could take on Power Gem Thor, Warrior's Madness Thor, King Thor, Rune King Thor, etc?

carver9
Gladiator wasn't arrogant when he took on Thor in Thor's own book. He went for the kill before Thor could even assess the situation and when he did he easily wrecked Glads. the only thing Glads had going for him was this and the fact Thor reverted to his human self.

Boom shakalaka.

Lololhahaha...wtf.

Ok, I said I wasn't going to post any more but da**.

Quan, I tought you said that wasn't a good fight to use since it was another Glads from a different timeline?

For all we know, that could have just been a copy of the real thing but not as "perfect" (identicle copy) as the real deal.

Black bolt z
Also, before I forget:

So, you think a fully confident non-arrogant Gladiator could take on Power Gem Thor, Warrior's Madness Thor, King Thor, Rune King Thor, etc? Are you sure you didn't edit that and it used to say "creme on"?

carver9
Also, before I forget:

So, you think a fully confident non-arrogant Gladiator could take on Power Gem Thor, Warrior's Madness Thor, King Thor, Rune King Thor, etc?

I knew someone was going to say this... I could edit my post. Didn't mean the skyfathers but warrior madness Thor? Why not? Super Skrull and Drax had a good showing against him. Glads is physically above both. PG Thor... Glads would match but I already gave you the conditions on how Glads could take these Thors.

quanchi112
Lololhahaha...wtf.

Ok, I said I wasn't going to post any more but da**.

Quan, I tought you said that wasn't a good fight to use since it was another Glads from a different timeline?

For all we know, that could have just been a copy of the real thing but not as "perfect" (identicle copy) as the real deal. The real deal lost to masterson thor so I think this isn't something to piss and moan about.

Thor's too powerful for Glads. Their strength is equal with the durability and speed advantages for Glads but the hammer is the equalizer of justice.

Badabing
Quan, I tought you said that wasn't a good fight to use since it was another Glads from a different timeline? And I tought I taw a putty cat!

http://www.tutsking.com/wp-content/uploads/tweety.gif

JakeTheBank
I knew someone was going to say this... I could edit my post. Didn't mean the skyfathers but warrior madness Thor? Why not? Super Skrull and Drax had a good showing against him. Glads is physically above both. PG Thor... Glads would match but I already gave you the conditions on how Glads could take these Thors.

Good.

I still horribly disagree with you, but not as much as I would have if you did think he could take KT and RKT. sneer

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

This board rumor about "full confidence" needs to stop. Gladiator doesn't walk around operating at half power. I've never seen it being described it as such. Gladiator is at full capacity every day (Not taking into account the holding back a lot of heroes do etc.) It's simply when he faces beings that should logically be beneath him, perform above what he assumes is there limit, or someone messes with him psychically, that his confidence wanes. That's when his power starts dropping. It's why his confidence isn't an issue when he faces Hulk, Thor etc. but it did start to wane in that scene with Richards. Nothing he was doing was effective; he started having doubts etc.

As a matter of fact, show me one high herald that Gladiator has faced and confidence was an issue. Hell, I'll take a risk and allow mid or low heralds.

The rest isn't even worth the time. If you want to start comparing feats, let's have a go. You're always fun Carver. But, don't bet on winning.

carver9
facepalm

This board rumor about "full confidence" needs to stop. Gladiator doesn't walk around operating at half power. I've never seen it being described it as such. Gladiator is at full capacity every day (Not taking into account the holding back a lot of heroes do etc.) It's simply when he faces beings that should logically be beneath him, perform above what he assumes is there limit, or someone messes with him psychically, that his confidence wanes. That's when his power starts dropping. It's why his confidence isn't an issue when he faces Hulk, Thor etc. but it did start to wane in that scene with Richards. Nothing he was doing was effective; he started having doubts etc.

As a matter of fact, show me one high herald that Gladiator has faced and confidence was an issue. Hell, I'll take a risk and allow mid or low heralds.

The rest isn't even worth the time. If you want to start comparing feats, let's have a go. You're always fun Carver. But, don't bet on winning.

Lol... I'm not whining rage.lol

We have discussed this a thousand times and we have different opinions on the matter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not whining, winning.

It's not a matter of opinion but fact.

leonidas
facepalm

This board rumor about "full confidence" needs to stop.

amen to that....

carver9
Not whining, winning.

It's not a matter of opinion but fact.

Naah, especially when we have Surfer and Bill geting one shotted by Tyrant but it taking 4 to 5 shots to drop Gladiator. Then his feats of power is also something that holds weight towards my argument.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Naah, especially when we have Surfer and Bill geting one shotted by Tyrant but it taking 4 to 5 shots to drop Gladiator. Then his feats of power is also something that holds weight towards my argument.

Does anyone have the scans on hand? Bill was not one shotted and neither was Surfer. IIRC, Gladiator tried to match Tyrant's energy output and that took a lot out of him. He then went down from another eye beam and a punch. Bill took a downward strike and a punch, which IIRC did not knock him out. I don't remember exactly what happened with Surfer but it wasn't a one hit knock out.

What feats of power does Gladiator have to support your stance? He once busted a planet with a few feats? Please, Thor has strength feats that utterly shit on anything Gladiator has ever done and you don't see me claiming his far stronger. Still, if one had to pick the one with the superior strength, it'd be Thor.

You're taking a high end showing and trying to apply it to an utterly ridiculous theory. Gladiator's strength is not unlimited. It doesn't increase just because he thinks his bulge looks bigger one day. He walks around at full power everyday. It's when he encounters strange situations that his confidence decreases, and in turn so do his powers.

Badabing
Gladiator's strength is not unlimited. It doesn't increase just because he thinks his bulge looks bigger one day. He walks around at full power everyday. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
facepalm

The rest isn't even worth the time. If you want to start comparing feats, let's have a go. You're always fun Carver. But, don't bet on winning. this is true

cap's shield was the x element back then, most other beings (w/ the power of illusion) would have died getting pummeled by thousands of gladiator punches, let alone show a bit of discumfort which would shatter the illusion of invulnerability.

carver9
Does anyone have the scans on hand? Bill was not one shotted and neither was Surfer. IIRC, Gladiator tried to match Tyrant's energy output and that took a lot out of him. He then went down from another eye beam and a punch. Bill took a downward strike and a punch, which IIRC did not knock him out. I don't remember exactly what happened with Surfer but it wasn't a one hit knock out.

What feats of power does Gladiator have to support your stance? He once busted a planet with a few feats? Please, Thor has strength feats that utterly shit on anything Gladiator has ever done and you don't see me claiming his far stronger. Still, if one had to pick the one with the superior strength, it'd be Thor.

You're taking a high end showing and trying to apply it to an utterly ridiculous theory. Gladiator's strength is not unlimited. It doesn't increase just because he thinks his bulge looks bigger one day. He walks around at full power everyday. It's when he encounters strange situations that his confidence decreases, and in turn so do his powers.

Lol... you are a trip Rage.

His power is completely based off of his confidence... its his amp. Vulcan powers were having an affect on him, when his confidence boosted, Vulcan powers didn't even touch him. Then we have professor files saying that when Gladiator puts his mind to it (confidence), he can do "anything". Then we have Reed files stating that Gladiator has unlimited power. How many people have to say this for you to realize the truth?

Its his will, personality, pride, that keeps his power flowing... if he wants to become stronger, he has the sources but again, it all depends on his mood.

Supreme was classified as being 4 times stronger than Normal Glads but we have Gladiator matching his strength and showing that he was his equal. It was stated that if they continued to fight it would have shedded planets.

Then we have Nova (someone who has hit Thor hard enough to make him dizzy) stating that Gladiator is one of the strongest beings in the Galaxy and Nova has met every hero and villian on Marvel earth.

Cyclops said the same thing about Gladiators strength. He is just that strong but his personality doesn't fit with all of that power that he has at his disposal.

Then you bring up me just using Gladiator high end feats. He doesn't have many feats to use, what do you expect me to do? His losses always have some kind of plot and the Thor fight, how can we use that when it wasn't even the true Gladiator? It was a Glads stripped from another timeline while the real one was somewhere flying around.

His fight with Hulk... his kryptonite was around. His fight against Cannonball, he was thrashing him and toying with him until Cannonball absorbed a punch that was going to send him to the core of the sun and hit Glads with it. He still didn't lose that since he was up in the next panel... his confidence did go down though... he was shocked. He thrashed Masterson. He thrashed Binary. He did lose to Black Bolt because BB whipsered in his ears. He thrashed Vulcan. He thrashed Masterson but Masterson ended up back stabbing him with a lightning bolt. He thrashed Nova and was toying with him as well until Nova absorbed his heat vision and sent it back to him a hundred folds (nova was koed, Glads was pissed). He thrashed Colossus. Took down a phoenix with one hit. Defeated some Nova members. Crushed Wonderman. Defeated an army of skrulls teamed with Shiar villians.

He basically either stomped or won majority of his fights without some outside interference/plot. He always seem superior but I admit, Thor always give him a run for his money. The thing about this though is, Reed gave Thor a huge speed increase (Reed boosted all of their speed up to hyper speed level) and Gladiator busted in their, matched their speed and was still giving Thor hell.

Take this topic how you want Rage, I didn't want to debate about this.

psycho gundam
http://i52.tinypic.com/2w2rl93.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by dmills
I know what you're getting at, but here's where individual feats have to be weighted against other panel evidence to form a happy medium. Thor or a Thor offshoot has defeated Glads on more then one occasion.

That said, how much Mjolnir factors (or doesn't) into those previous contests should be accounted for though. But there is no medium here. The OP says Glads at FULL CONFIDENCE, not at partial confidence. Thus we have to use his best feats to show what he can do at full confidence. Actually, he may not have been at full confidence then. Who knows what Glads can do at FULL CONFIDENCE. There is no proof Thor has faced such a Glads.

Glads can just take the PG easily.

-Pr-

Crap.

thumb up

pretty much.

"full confidence" isn't some sort of amp.

Nihilist

You're taking a high end showing and trying to apply it to an utterly ridiculous theory. Gladiator's strength is not unlimited. It doesn't increase just because he thinks his bulge looks bigger one day. He walks around at full power everyday. It's when he encounters strange situations that his confidence decreases, and in turn so do his powers. Carver is lying about the Tyrant fight as usual, Glads went down just as easy as the rest in 1 to 2 hits, Ganymede did better than everyone there so does that make her greater than a that line up ?

Some of the scans are in Tyrants respect thread.

PillarofOsiris
I can't believe this thread has gone 5 pages.

h1a8
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I can't believe this thread has gone 5 pages.

Gladiator is stronger and faster than Thor with the PG for the first few minutes of the fight. If Glads takes away the PG then he is a lot stronger and faster throughout the whole fight.
If Thor wins then it is nowhere near spite.

And that is a fact, not opinion.

But my opinion is that Glads wins easily ONLY IF he uses speed.

The Nuul

Crap.

thumb up

Some people think that Glads busts planets and flys faster than light on a daily basis.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

Some people think that Glads busts planets and flys faster than light on a daily basis. He doesn't but will if he is under full confidence (which IMO he has only shown when busting planets, going thru stars, etc.).

Characters fight to the best of their abilities as SHOWN BEFORE.

JakeTheBank
Only if, full confidence was like an amp, and it's not. He's at full capacity meaning he's fully confident, unless in every other showing he's had, Gladiator is moderately confident or not confident at all. Which is ridiculous. His confidence isn't an issue unless it's specifically stated to be lower than normal. Thor's feats put him firmly above Glads. Thor with the Power Gem wrecks him. Both of which are facts, not opinion.

Johnny Sorrow
He doesn't but will if he is under full confidence (which IMO he has only shown when busting planets, going thru stars, etc.).

Characters fight to the best of their abilities as SHOWN BEFORE.

lol putting the cart before the horse?

"He is only fully confident when he performs those feats, therefore all his other feats happened when he wasn't fully confident."

KuRuPT Thanosi
How on God's Green Earth did Glads do better than anyone against Tyrant. Glads was dealt with just like all the other heralds.. easily and with little effort.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How on God's Green Earth did Glads do better than anyone against Tyrant. Glads was dealt with just like all the other heralds.. easily and with little effort.

Carver.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I should have known.. Carver logic is this.. Glads can beat Thanos in h2h and in general via strength and speed. Thanos stalemated Thor with the PG.. Thus, Glads can beat Thor with the PG.. pretty easy when you think about it eh Jake? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol... you are a trip Rage.

I'm telling you how it is. It's not my fault you're outright delusional when it comes to Gladiator. Quachi isn't the only one surgically attached to a purple pen*s it seems.

His power is completely based off of his confidence... its his amp. Vulcan powers were having an affect on him, when his confidence boosted, Vulcan powers didn't even touch him. Then we have professor files saying that when Gladiator puts his mind to it (confidence), he can do "anything". Then we have Reed files stating that Gladiator has unlimited power. How many people have to say this for you to realize the truth?

No, that's not how it works. And you really need to start paying attention. Vulcan previously knocks a Gladiator who doesn't want to interfere away. Then a pissed off Gladiator no sells attacks from a weaker Vulcan. That's not evidence of your silly stance. And neither is dialogue that strokes Gladiator's piece.

After beating Hercules into the ground, Ulik gained an amp that made him hundreds of times stronger (Trans level at bare minimum if you take that at face value). He was manhandling both Hercules and Thor until he endangered a police officer. A pissed off Thor beats his ass into the ground.

Thor's strength = Unlimited?

Its his will, personality, pride, that keeps his power flowing... if he wants to become stronger, he has the sources but again, it all depends on his mood.

facepalm

Supreme was classified as being 4 times stronger than Normal Glads but we have Gladiator matching his strength and showing that he was his equal. It was stated that if they continued to fight it would have shedded planets.

There was a little bio at the end of the comic that said Supreme was around as twice as strong as Gladiator IIRC. Cool. Unfortunately, I don't remember strength even being an issue in that fight (Besides Gladiator taking a dive). I mean, Gladiator didn't even start out noticeably weaker only to match him later on as far as I recall.

Thor stalemated Kurse and even looked better when he went berserk. In that very comic, it was stated Kurse was over 2x as strong as Thor.

So Gladiator's a high herald?

Then we have Nova (someone who has hit Thor hard enough to make him dizzy) stating that Gladiator is one of the strongest beings in the Galaxy and Nova has met every hero and villian on Marvel earth.

Not impressed.

Read the comic. Nova didn't make Thor dizzy. The mind control did.

Loki once said Thor was stronger than Odin. Thor's strength has been called indomitable. Adam Warlock (Far more knowledgeable than Nova) said Thor was one of the physically strongest beings in the Universe. Heck, Adam Warlock was sent after Thor because Eternity was worried Thor would destroy a good portion of it and Infinity (*Shrug*).

Cyclops said the same thing about Gladiators strength. He is just that strong but his personality doesn't fit with all of that power that he has at his disposal.

I don't even know what you're talking about here.

Then you bring up me just using Gladiator high end feats. He doesn't have many feats to use, what do you expect me to do? His losses always have some kind of plot and the Thor fight, how can we use that when it wasn't even the true Gladiator? It was a Glads stripped from another timeline while the real one was somewhere flying around.

He has numerous showings. You're just applying his high ones across the board and assuming that whenever he has a low showing or isn't stomping someone, his not at full confidence. Fallacious.

I didn't even mention the Thor fight which by the way would more than likely be an accurate representation of a Thor/Gladiator encounter because the fight that we saw was a Gladiator plucked from the direct future.

His fight with Hulk... his kryptonite was around.

Read the fight. His ass was kicked before that happened.

His fight against Cannonball, he was thrashing him and toying with him until Cannonball absorbed a punch that was going to send him to the core of the sun and hit Glads with it. He still didn't lose that since he was up in the next panel... his confidence did go down though... he was shocked.

You'd think you wouldn't want to bring up Cannonball.

He thrashed Masterson.

Read the comic. Masterson was clearly his equal in strength. Gladiator however was more ruthless, experienced and a superior fighter. Simply put, he was a seasoned warrior while Masterson was not. Which was the entire point of the fight.

He thrashed Binary. He did lose to Black Bolt because BB whipsered in his ears.

He has a legitimate win against Binary true, but IIRC, her energy reserves were weakened or what not.

Don't mention Black Bolt either.

He thrashed Vulcan. He thrashed Masterson but Masterson ended up back stabbing him with a lightning bolt. He thrashed Nova and was toying with him as well until Nova absorbed his heat vision and sent it back to him a hundred folds (nova was koed, Glads was pissed). He thrashed Colossus. Took down a phoenix with one hit. Defeated some Nova members. Crushed Wonderman. Defeated an army of skrulls teamed with Shiar villians.

Cool. Never happened. Not impressed. When did he take out a Phoenix in one hit?

Not impressed once again.

It's actually sad how unimpressive Gladiator's resume is in comparison Thor. Please don't make me compare the two. It won't end well for you.

He basically either stomped or won majority of his fights without some outside interference/plot. He always seem superior but I admit, Thor always give him a run for his money. The thing about this though is, Reed gave Thor a huge speed increase (Reed boosted all of their speed up to hyper speed level) and Gladiator busted in their, matched their speed and was still giving Thor hell.

Lol gtfo. Beating a few mutants doesn't impress me. Whenever he faces top tiers, he either stalemates them or loses.

Lol once again. Okay, Gladiator is fast, so what? I'm not disputing that. By the way, Gladiator admitted

Take this topic how you want Rage, I didn't want to debate about this.

Of course you don't because you're dead wrong. I don't even want to waste my time with this. I don't want to spare the energy. I like you, but you're without a doubt just plain dense sometimes. It's just uncanny how twisted you are when it comes to the character.

Using your logic, I can argue that Thor has unlimited strength that's depended purely on his state of mind. This isn't me exaggerating. I can match and surpass every example you've given for Gladiator's supposed "superiority".

psycho gundam
Only if, full confidence was like an amp, and it's not. He's at full capacity meaning he's fully confident, unless in every other showing he's had, Gladiator is moderately confident or not confident at all. Which is ridiculous. His confidence isn't an issue unless it's specifically stated to be lower than normal. Thor's feats put him firmly above Glads. Thor with the Power Gem wrecks him. Both of which are facts, not opinion. thumb up

h1a8
Only if, full confidence was like an amp, and it's not. He's at full capacity meaning he's fully confident, unless in every other showing he's had, Gladiator is moderately confident or not confident at all. Which is ridiculous. His confidence isn't an issue unless it's specifically stated to be lower than normal. Thor's feats put him firmly above Glads. Thor with the Power Gem wrecks him. Both of which are facts, not opinion.

Full confidence implies he can't become more confident because he has the maximum confidence he can have.

There is absolutely no proof that Glads was ever at full confidence (meaning it was impossible for him to gain more confidence at that time).

Full confidence IS AN AMP vs. Moderate confidence. It's more logical to assume that Glads is on average moderately confident. Thus under full confidence he is in a different league.

Thor has no quantifiable strength feats or speed feats that put him above Glads. Also being above someone doesn't mean they can win against that someone. This is simple logic.

Glads>>>>>>>>>> Thor with PG in the first so many minutes of the fight. After that the tables become turned.

How can Thor win if Glads takes the PG away or simply koes Thor before Thor can overcome his physicality?

Lastly, Thor's achilles heel is the lost of his hammer. Glads and others have shown multiple times that a good hit on Thor can cause him to drop his hammer. Thor is outclassed against a speedster who is of equal or greater strength without his hammer.

Zack Fair
Successful bait thread is successful.

Silent Master
Full confidence implies he can't become more confident because he has the maximum confidence he can have.

There is absolutely no proof that Glads was ever at full confidence (meaning it was impossible for him to gain more confidence at that time).

Full confidence IS AN AMP vs. Moderate confidence. It's more logical to assume that Glads is on average moderately confident. Thus under full confidence he is in a different league.

Thor has no quantifiable strength feats or speed feats that put him above Glads. Also being above someone doesn't mean they can win against that someone. This is simple logic.

Glads>>>>>>>>>> Thor with PG in the first so many minutes of the fight. After that the tables become turned.

How can Thor win if Glads takes the PG away or simply koes Thor before Thor can overcome his physicality?

Lastly, Thor's achilles heel is the lost of his hammer. Glads and others have shown multiple times that a good hit on Thor can cause him to drop his hammer. Thor is outclassed against a speedster who is of equal or greater strength without his hammer.

No.

Thor wins.

/Thread

psycho gundam

http://i51.tinypic.com/dq4o45.jpg

Silent Master

I stopped watching Stargate when he left....it just wasn't the same.

Zack Fair
Like I said...success. 5 pages later but...success.

Omega Vision
O'Neill ftw.

h1a8
I see Glads

1. Taking the PG away

2. Knocking Thor around, causing him to drop the hammer. Then comboing him to ko with planet shattering blows.

Sorry, I don't go by the whose more popular, most liked, or more powerful on deciding who would win. I just go by rock paper scissors logic. And speed kills.

Silent Master
I see Glads

1) Losing

2) Not winning

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor stomps 10/10 with or without the Power Gem. Stronger, clearly more powerful, versatile etc. The only thing Gladiator has is superior movement speed.

Thor's high end feats are far superior to Gladiator's.

h1a8
I see Glads

1) Losing if he doesn't take the PG away and plays with Thor long enough for Thor's power to become greater.

2) Not winning if 1) happens

I agree.

carver9
Thor stomps 10/10 with or without the Power Gem. Stronger, clearly more powerful, versatile etc. The only thing Gladiator has is superior movement speed.

WTF... Rage, you are talking crazy and by the way, Gladiator is stronger.

I already spoke my piece on the matter.

Badabing
nutnutOriginally posted by carver9

I already spoke my piece on the matter. dur

h1a8

Speed is the key though.

Nothing else really matters.

Thor without the gem and Glads with full confidence would be spite in favor of Glads. Glads will hit Thor with only a few planet shattering blows and it will be over for Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I already spoke my piece on the matter.

Just following the trend.

Gladiator's not stronger. I'm willing to battle zone that topic.

And it didn't change anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Speed is the key though.

Nothing else really matters.

Thor without the gem and Glads with full confidence would be spite in favor of Glads. Glads will hit Thor with only a few planet shattering blows and it will be over for Thor.

Thankfully Thor's fast enough that Gladiator's speed won't counter his advantages.

Not really. Thor would strike Gladiator with a few Celestial busting blow and the fight would end.

By the way, Gladiator busted the planet after like 3 hits.

Silent Master
I see Glads

1) Losing

2) Not winning

I agree.

Good.

carver9
Just following the trend.

Gladiator's not stronger. I'm willing to battle zone that topic.

And it didn't change anything.

Going by feats, Gladiator is stronger. The only thing you have against that is a statement where Gladiator and Masterson was h2h in a tug of war but the thing was, Glads held back that entire fight, hell, he was smiling throughout the fight.

Now if we look at the fact that Glads "contained" a solar system destroying blast and also ripped through a planet and pulled asteroids that bolcked a d*** starlane, also stopping an asteroid tha was about to destroy a planet, about to punch Cannonball from the earth to the center of the sun, Nova bouncing off of his chest like he was a bug, snapping Hyperions neck, one handing the baxter building, carrying a ship that Thor himself had doubts about being capable of moving, and Glads carried it at blinding speeds, moving a computer with nothing but brute strength that was the size of a mountain and since you like using statements, it was mentioned that he was the strongest being in the universe, Nova stated he was the strongest in the Galaxy, Cyclops said he was the strongest in the Galaxy, Reed stated he has near infinite strength, the it was stated that if Supreme and Glads kept fighting, planets would have been destroyed... etc, etc.

quanchi112
@Carver

that's why we don't go by feats alone but by comparisons. They have always been portrayed as equals in terms of strength you can't ignore a direct comparison and claim Glads feats undermine an actual plain as day comparison on panel.

carver9
@Carver

that's why we don't go by feats alone but by comparisons. They have always been portrayed as equals in terms of strength you can't ignore a direct comparison and claim Glads feats undermine an actual plain as day comparison on panel.

He was holding back and Masterson got overpowered during that instance anyways and got blitzed right after it. Statements means "nothing" because if that's the case, Wonder Woman and Supes are equals and that is something that you even disagree with.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator never overpowered Masterson. Stop making shit up. It's starting to annoy me.

Going by feats, Gladiator is stronger. The only thing you have against that is a statement where Gladiator and Masterson was h2h in a tug of war but the thing was, Glads held back that entire fight, hell, he was smiling throughout the fight.

Not really. Want to compare feats? I'm down.

Lmao, gtfo. Gladiator busted a smile when he stood over Eric. That hardly means what you want it to. Heck, right before that he said a being of Eric's power was too much of a threat to the Empire and that he needed to taken care of.

Every encounter contradicts Gladiator being stronger. In their first fight in the future, Gladiator admitted Thor was his equal in strength, in their second encounter, Gladiator and Masterson stalemated in a contest of strength, and in their third encounter, Gladiator admitted Thor was too strong after being beaten into the ground.

Now if we look at the fact that Glads "contained" a solar system destroying blast and also ripped through a planet and pulled asteroids that bolcked a d*** starlane, also stopping an asteroid tha was about to destroy a planet, about to punch Cannonball from the earth to the center of the sun, Nova bouncing off of his chest like he was a bug, snapping Hyperions neck, one handing the baxter building, carrying a ship that Thor himself had doubts about being capable of moving, and Glads carried it at blinding speeds, moving a computer with nothing but brute strength that was the size of a mountain and since you like using statements, it was mentioned that he was the strongest being in the universe, Nova stated he was the strongest in the Galaxy, Cyclops said he was the strongest in the Galaxy, Reed stated he has near infinite strength, the it was stated that if Supreme and Glads kept fighting, planets would have been destroyed... etc, etc.

Half a system as I recall. What ship are you referring to?

Nothing you said impresses me. Thor's feats blow that shit out of the water.

laughing out loud I like statements? Do you have short term memory loss problem or do you wear a helmet when you go outside?

carver9
Gladiator never overpowered Masterson. Stop making shit up. It's starting to annoy me.

Not really. Want to compare feats? I'm dow.

Lmao, gtfo. Gladiator busted a smile when he stood over Thor. That hardly means what you want it to. There's also the future where Gladiator admitted Thor was his equal in strength etc.

Half a system as I recall. What ship are you referring to?

Nothing you said impresses me. Thor's feats blow that shit out of the water.

laughing out loud I like statements? Do you have short term memory loss problem or do you wear a helmet when you go outside?

Lol... stop getting angry rage... not my intention.

As for the ship... here ya go.

http://img117.imageshack.us/i/shiplr6.jpg/

quanchi112
He was holding back and Masterson got overpowered during that instance anyways and got blitzed right after it. Statements means "nothing" because if that's the case, Wonder Woman and Supes are equals and that is something that you even disagree with. When did it state he was holding back ?

I'm also talking about the real Thor who Glads himself said was too strong iirc.

Superman and WW aren't equals in strength and not even the most hardcore ww fans would disagree. She brings in other elements such as skill and magical weapons but on strength alone Supes is definitely hands down stronger than her. It's pretty much a fact.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol... stop getting angry rage... not my intention.

As for the ship... here ya go.

http://img117.imageshack.us/i/shiplr6.jpg/

Oh, that ship. The only thing Thor expresses doubt about is Gladiator's survival.

carver9
Oh, that ship. The only thing Thor expresses doubt about is Gladiator's survival.

Huh? I don't know where you got that from and by the way, just like I said, Glads smiled and toyed around that entire fight. This happened AFTER he overpowered Masterson. I thought you said that he didn't smile?

http://img224.imageshack.us/i/42660845wb4.jpg/

Damn I'm good.

Its pretty obvious he toyed around with Masterson and by the way, in that ship scan, Thor was surprised by Glads strength.

carver9
When did it state he was holding back ?

I'm also talking about the real Thor who Glads himself said was too strong iirc.

Superman and WW aren't equals in strength and not even the most hardcore ww fans would disagree. She brings in other elements such as skill and magical weapons but on strength alone Supes is definitely hands down stronger than her. It's pretty much a fact.

It didn't have to state it... the guy laughed throughout the battle.

The real Thor fought a Glads from a different timeline. The other fights ended in a stalemate and I admit, Thor is more powerful but he isn't physically on Glads level.

You can't accept one statement without accepting another one. Going by statements, which has been said on numerous of occassion, even by Supes own mouth, strength wise, they are equals.

quanchi112
It didn't have to state it... the guy laughed throughout the battle.

The real Thor fought a Glads from a different timeline. The other fights ended in a stalemate and I admit, Thor is more powerful but he isn't physically on Glads level.

You can't accept one statement without accepting another one. Going by statements, which has been said on numerous of occassion, even by Supes own mouth, strength wise, they are equals. You can't claim he was holding back then. He was being arrogant but his attacks weren't holding back he simply didn't seize the advantage when he had it.

Yes, he is and no comic has ever portrayed Gladiator as stronger than Thor simply because he isnt.

When has it ever stated strength wise they are equals ? I want to hear an issue number or see a scan. You do this all the time you flat out lie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Huh? I don't know where you got that from and by the way, just like I said, Glads smiled and toyed around that entire fight. This happened AFTER he overpowered Masterson. I thought you said that he didn't smile?

http://img224.imageshack.us/i/42660845wb4.jpg/

Damn I'm good.

Its pretty obvious he toyed around with Masterson and by the way, in that ship scan, Thor was surprised by Glads strength.

Yea, you've either suffered brain damage or have a disability. That's the only way I can justify your shit other than you being 9 years old.

Did you not read the scan you posted? Thor never expressed doubt of lifting the ship in the scan.

I'm trying so hard not to insult your intelligence repeatedly right now. Do your eyes not work? Gladiator never overpowered Masterson. Eric relaxed his grip which allowed him to punch him away. His not a warrior which is the entire point of the fight.

I said that I only remember him smiling when he stood over Masterson. Even if he did smile there, why does it matter? It doesn't prove he was toying with Thor. Gladiator outright said that this was no game for him (IIRC he smirked when he said that), pointed out that Eric was too powerful and too dangerous to be left alone, and failed to overpower Eric while in a rage.

Do you want me to post the entire fight? Gladiator was clearly not toying around with Eric. He outright sentenced him to death and attacked him while pissed off. God dammit, I'm tired of your idiocy.

carver9
You can't claim he was holding back then. He was being arrogant but his attacks weren't holding back he simply didn't seize the advantage when he had it.

Yes, he is and no comic has ever portrayed Gladiator as stronger than Thor simply because he isnt.

When has it ever stated strength wise they are equals ? I want to hear an issue number or see a scan. You do this all the time you flat out lie.

Here he goes smiling again.

http://img503.imageshack.us/i/40072776mz5.jpg/

It has been stated numerous of times about Glads strength versusu everyone else strength. I already nameed the instances. Nova, knowing everyone hero in the universe states... Gladiator is the strongest being in the Galaxy... Thor was in this same Galaxy. Professor X files states the same thing, Reed files states the same things, Cycops has met every hero on the planet and also stated that Glads is the strongest in the Galaxy.

Lol... you want proof and an issue number of something stating that Supes and Wondy are equals strength wise? Oh, I can do better than an issue number; I can show you a scan saying it. One sec.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You don't know what a smile is?

Stop looking at the pretty pictures and read the damn dialogue. It was made explicitly clear that Gladiator wanted Eric dead.

carver9
Yea, you've either suffered brain damage or have a disability. That's the only way I can justify your shit other than you being 9 years old.

Did you not read the scan you posted? Thor never expressed doubt of lifting the ship in the scan.

I'm trying so hard not to insult your intelligence repeatedly right now. Do your eyes not work? Gladiator never overpowered Masterson. Eric relaxed his grip which allowed him to punch him away. His not a warrior which is the entire point of the fight.

I said that I only remember him smiling when he stood over Masterson. Even if he did smile there, why does it matter? It doesn't prove he was toying with Thor. Gladiator outright said that this was no game for him (IIRC he smirked when he said that), pointed out that Eric was too powerful and too dangerous to be left alone, and failed to overpower Eric while in a rage.

Do you want me to post the entire fight? Gladiator was clearly not toying around with Eric. He outright sentenced him to death and attacked him while pissed off. God dammit, I'm tired of your idiocy.

Lol... Rage... if someone is in a rage, why would they laugh at their opponent throughout the battle? If someone is sentencing someone to death and want to kill this person, why would he stand over Masterson laughing at him when he could have simply just beat Masterson to death when he was on the ground hurting.

No need to post the fight, I know it by heart and from the way it looks, I know it better than you do.

I read the scan, I thought I remember it by heart, can't see much of it because I'm posting it from my phone. You could be right since I am unable to read it. I will let you have that one Rage, but the rest... naah, I am seeing it kind of different.

And by the way, calm down buddy. I already admitted a while back that Thor could pull 7 or 8/10 against Glads.

carver9
You don't know what a smile is?

Stop looking at the pretty pictures and read the damn dialogue. It was made explicitly clear that Gladiator wanted Eric dead.

But yet he is laughing at him throughout the battle. Read above please.

quanchi112
Here he goes smiling again.

http://img503.imageshack.us/i/40072776mz5.jpg/

It has been stated numerous of times about Glads strength versusu everyone else strength. I already nameed the instances. Nova, knowing everyone hero in the universe states... Gladiator is the strongest being in the Galaxy... Thor was in this same Galaxy. Professor X files states the same thing, Reed files states the same things, Cycops has met every hero on the planet and also stated that Glads is the strongest in the Galaxy.

Lol... you want proof and an issue number of something stating that Supes and Wondy are equals strength wise? Oh, I can do better than an issue number; I can show you a scan saying it. One sec. Thor and Glads have been stated as being equals and vague strongest being in the universe holds little weight here if any.

Glads own words stated, he's too strong for me.

Can't wait to see it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol... Rage... if someone is in a rage, why would they laugh at their opponent throughout the battle? If someone is sentencing someone to death and want to kill this person, why would he stand over Masterson laughing at him when he could have simply just beat Masterson to death when he was on the ground hurting.

No need to post the fight, I know it by heart and from the way it looks, I know it better than you do.

I read the scan, I thought I remember it by heart, can't see much of it because I'm posting it from my phone. You could be right since I am unable to read it. I will let you have that one Rage, but the rest... naah, I am seeing it kind of different.

And by the way, calm down buddy. I already admitted a while back that Thor could pull 7 or 8/10 against Glads.

Gladiator smiling is simply a result of him being an arrogant and proud f*ck. That doesn't mean he wasn't pissed off, serious, or in a rage at various points in the battle. Here's the entire thing since you seem to need a refresher:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator9.jpg

I thought you knew the fight by heart and better than me? Gladiator admits that it's no game, points out that Eric is much too powerful and too dangerous to live, sentences him to death, while trying to blitz him. He wasn't toying with Eric. Heck, he was trying to kill him there at the end.

Do you think Masterson was just playing around because he joking at the end?

Nah, you're annoying me with your consistent denseness. That's fine. Thor's still at least as strong as him, tougher, more powerful and versatile.

quanchi112
Still waiting on the scans where there strength is compared as equal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which scan do you need man? Gladiator admitted in their first fight that Thor was his equal strength wise and also pointed out that Thor was too strong in their third fight. Gladiator and Masterson stalemated in their fight in a contest of strength.

carver9
Gladiator smiling is simply a result of him being an arrogant and proud f*ck. That doesn't mean he wasn't pissed off, serious, or in a rage at various points in the battle. Here's the entire thing since you seem to need a refresher:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator9.jpg

I thought you knew the fight by heart and better than me? Gladiator admits that it's no game, points out that Eric is much too powerful and too dangerous to live, sentences him to death, while trying to blitz him. He wasn't toying with Eric. Heck, he was trying to kill him there at the end.

Do you think Masterson was just playing around because he joking at the end?

Nah, you're annoying me with your consistent denseness. That's fine. Thor's still at least as strong as him, tougher, more powerful and versatile.

Rage, I ask again, why would Gladiator stand over someone that is hurt laughing at him if he wanted to kill him and if he was out for blood? I don't think you understand what "rage" is. Gladiator could have easily got Masterson in the mount while he was on the ground damaged and could have killed him. Rage, you are not thinking. I understand what Glads said but as soon as he started running around, laughing, that took away from his statement.

Then, let's not even bring up the fact that he didn't even use his other powers against Masterson... hell, he did more against Wonderman vs what he did against Masterson. He used heat vision, ice breath along with speed against Wonderman and actually punched him through the core of the planet. If he was trying to kill someone, if he wasn't holding back, he did that against Wonderman.

THEN, let's not even include the fact that Masterson snuck attacked him while he was crushing Wonderman and still got that a** whipped.

Thanks for the scans though, it was pointless because again, I know the fight by heart.

@Quan...

I couldn't find the scan Quan... I thought I had it saved to my phone but I couldn't find it.

quanchi112
@ Carver.

I knew I'd never see the scan. You do this every time. Give me an issue number then.

carver9
Which scan do you need man? Gladiator admitted in their first fight that Thor was his equal strength wise and also pointed out that Thor was too strong in their third fight. Gladiator and Masterson stalemated in their fight in a contest of strength.

He's referring to the Wonder Woman and Supes beng equals scan.

carver9
@ Carver.

I knew I'd never see the scan. You do this every time. Give me an issue number then.

What scan have I brought up but never showed you?

-Pr-
Superman and Wonder Woman aren't equals strength wise. At all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage, I ask again, why would Gladiator stand over someone that is hurt laughing at him if he wanted to kill him and if he was out for blood? I don't think you understand what "rage" is. Gladiator could have easily got Masterson in the mount while he was on the ground damaged and could have killed him. Rage, you are not thinking. I understand what Glads said but as soon as he started running around, laughing, that took away from his statement.

Then, let's not even bring up the fact that he didn't even use his other powers against Masterson... hell, he did more against Wonderman vs what he did against Masterson. He used heat vision, ice breath along with speed against Wonderman and actually punched him through the core of the planet. If he was trying to kill someone, if he wasn't holding back, he did that against Wonderman.

THEN, let's not even include the fact that Masterson snuck attacked him while he was crushing Wonderman and still got that a** whipped.

Thanks for the scans though, it was pointless because again, I know the fight by heart.

Once again, you don't know what laughing is, do you? Gladiator cracked a smile once and might have smirked twice throughout the fight. That doesn't equate to him playing around. Not when we have 3 scenes where he seems enraged and the dialogue clearly showed us that he wanted Eric dead.

This is some desperate shit. Gladiator's an arrogant prick who underestimated Masterson and assumed he had been defeated. That doesn't mean he didn't want him dead, or wasn't fighting seriously.

He used only strength and speed against Masterson, so what? Eric outright forgot that he could summon lightning with Mjolnir.

Yes, Eric attacked from behind but he didn't press the advantage, giving Gladiator time to recover and he only wanted to get his attention. Eric even said that he was were to talk about peace, cracked jokes throughout the fight etc. Hell, if anyone wasn't taking this fight seriously, it was Masterson.

Lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
During the Black Celestial arc when the Fantastic Four and co. went to the future, did the time bubble effect (The thing that froze everyone) extend throughout the entire Universe? IIRC, the transport Reed created emitted a field that protected them from the effects up to a dozen feet away or so I believe.

I'm just wondering because when Gladiator attacks Thor, we don't see Thor with one of the harnesses and we never see him with one after. Even when his teleports Reed and co. to Earth. Actually, I'm not sure if we ever see Thor with one of those harnesses. If my memory's right, Thor has one hell of a speed feat under his belt even though I don't think it makes much sense.

carver9
Once again, you don't know what laughing is, do you? Gladiator cracked a smile once and might have smirked twice throughout the fight. That doesn't equate to him playing around. Not when we have 3 scenes where he seems enraged and the dialogue clearly showed us that he wanted Eric dead.

This is some desperate shit. Gladiator's an arrogant prick who underestimated Masterson and assumed he had been defeated. That doesn't mean he didn't want him dead, or wasn't fighting seriously.

He used only strength and speed against Masterson, so what? Eric outright forgot that he could summon lightning with Mjolnir.

Yes, Eric attacked from behind but he didn't press the advantage, giving Gladiator time to recover and he only wanted to get his attention. Eric even said that he was were to talk about peace, cracked jokes throughout the fight etc. Hell, if anyone wasn't taking this fight seriously, it was Masterson.

Lol.

confused

carver9
During the Black Celestial arc when the Fantastic Four and co. went to the future, did the time bubble effect (The thing that froze everyone) extend throughout the entire Universe? IIRC, the transport Reed created emitted a field that protected them from the effects up to a dozen feet away or so I believe.

I'm just wondering because when Gladiator attacks Thor, we don't see Thor with one of the harnesses and we never see him with one after. Even when his teleports Reed and co. to Earth. Actually, I'm not sure if we ever see Thor with one of those harnesses. If my memory's right, Thor has one hell of a speed feat under his belt even though I don't think it makes much sense.

Thor was sped up as well... it was even mentioned during the comic. If anyone got a speed feat out of it, it was Gladiator because Glads was able to perceive them (while moving at hyper speed) and still take it to Thor and fight on his level (even though he received a speed increase).

gogogadgetgo
weeeellll...the way i see it, Glads with full confidence punches thor w/power gem and does shit and his confidence goes down exponentially thus we see thor violating gladiator so bad that it isnt funny.

quanchi112
What scan have I brought up but never showed you? You do it all the time. You do it to me and others. You constantly twist things and actually claim things that don't exist at all. Give me an issue number. If you can't do so I just caught you lying yet again.

leonidas
Thor was sped up as well... it was even mentioned during the comic. If anyone got a speed feat out of it, it was Gladiator because Glads was able to perceive them (while moving at hyper speed) and still take it to Thor and fight on his level (even though he received a speed increase).

yeah, thor was still within reed's field effect. glads was operating at hyperspeeds to catch up. once he DID catch up though, i always just thought he was also in the field effect. we know because when they paused everyone was still moving at relatively regular speeds. not sure why glads would be excluded from the field effect unless they all had on some sort of equipment except him. can't recall off-hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Really, where? Just curious because it would clear things up.

I know Gladiator had a nice speed showing but as Leo pointed out, Gladiator would also be in the field effect seeing as Thor didn't have any equipment on him, if the field of effect stretched out that far and it didn't in at least one point.

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, thor was still within reed's field effect. glads was operating at hyperspeeds to catch up. once he DID catch up though, i always just thought he was also in the field effect. we know because when they paused everyone was still moving at relatively regular speeds. not sure why glads would be excluded from the field effect unless they all had on some sort of equipment except him. can't recall off-hand.

I know the field effect stretch out for a short distance -#338- but Thor was pretty distant from the ship. At one point, he even teleports them to Earth while his behind the moon with Gladiator, and we still see no gear.

I think it would make sense if the field effect extended even further because when Gladiator incomes he only says "shadows" of beings moving at incredible speed, and comments on them being invisible. Yet, later on, he points out that his nearly exhausted from constantly moving at hyperspeed.....

srug

Edit: I just got the issue, and Gladiator talks about how his nearly exhausted from at moving at hyper speed and soon would return to his normal level. So I guess that his regular operating speed is much lower than hyper speed, and he actively adjusts himself to those levels which are outside his comfort zone similar to Superman. But then we have the problem of Thor not having any equipment shown, so...

leonidas
Really, where? Just curious because it would clear things up.

I know Gladiator had a nice speed showing but as Leo pointed out, Gladiator would also be in the field effect seeing as Thor didn't have any equipment on him, if the field of effect stretched out that far and it didn't in at least one point.

I know the field effect stretch out for a short distance -#338- but Thor was pretty distant from the ship. At one point, he even teleports them to Earth while his behind the moon with Gladiator, and we still see no gear.

I think it would make sense if the field effect extended even further because when Gladiator incomes he only says "shadows" of beings moving at incredible speed, and comments on them being invisible. Yet, later on, he points out that his nearly exhausted from constantly moving at hyperspeed.....

srug

Edit: I just got the issue, and Gladiator talks about how his nearly exhausted from at moving at hyper speed and soon would return to his normal level. So I guess that his regular operating speed is much lower than hyper speed, and he actively adjusts himself to those levels which are outside his comfort zone similar to Superman. But then we have the problem of Thor not having any equipment shown, so...

laughing out loud

yeah, i recall the whole thing being about as clear as mud.

bbrem123
wtf to this thread....thor sure as hell does not need the PG here

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

yeah, i recall the whole thing being about as clear as mud.

Lol, yea. I'm still confused about how Thor was able to operate at those speeds without any gear. Did Walt shoe-in Thor's greatest speed feat ever right under our noses?

Wouldn't put it past the sneaky old bastard.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>