Star Wars Deceived Reviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr McBeefington
For the most part, I think this was the most half assed star wars book ever written.. Hell, it was only 242 pages. Not only that but the book directly contradicts the Old Republic comics made in the past few months. The only shining beacon on this ripoff was Darth Malgus, who resembles Bane in appearance and understanding of the force.

Nephthys
Wow, you read that quickly.

Dr McBeefington
It's 242 pages dude.. How long does it take to read that seriously?

truejedi
242 pages. let me guess, 27 bucks?

Dr McBeefington
22.. Big waste of money but hey, I wanted to know how shitty the writing was, and I wasn't disappointed.

Lord Lucien
I didn't think a Jew you would spend so much money for a shitty book.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
For the most part, I think this was the most half assed star wars book ever written.. Hell, it was only 242 pages.

You're entitled to your opinion but really, so what if it was only 242 pages? QUALITY is what counts, not quantity.

That's like complaining that a movie was only 81 minutes long. If you enjoyed the movie what does it matter if it's 81 minutes rather than 2 hours? Why assume that being longer makes it better.

Anyway, I'm buying this book ASAP.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by chilled monkey
You're entitled to your opinion but really, so what if it was only 242 pages? QUALITY is what counts, not quantity.

That's like complaining that a movie was only 81 minutes long. If you enjoyed the movie what does it matter if it's 81 minutes rather than 2 hours? Why assume that being longer makes it better.

Anyway, I'm buying this book ASAP.

You're dumb. Did you even read my post? In case you missed it or lack the necessary reading skills, the complaint about it being short was just one of many.

Darth Truculent
I wanted more on the Battle of Alderaan. The MMO trailer shows Malgus defeated by a single Jedi, but in the book he kills two Jedi in a single encounter. I would liked to have seen more intense combat scenes in it.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I wanted more on the Battle of Alderaan. The MMO trailer shows Malgus defeated by a single Jedi, but in the book he kills two Jedi in a single encounter. I would liked to have seen more intense combat scenes in it.

That single Jedi happens to be Satele Shan.

Darth Truculent
Still Dr . . . even the possible (most likely probable, but stupid gaps in history) descendant of one of the most powerful Sith Lords in Star Wars mythos (Revan) can be defeated.

Dr McBeefington
I don't dispute that.

Darth Truculent
Do you think Satele is a descendant and would that bloodline still exist in the current mythos?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Do you think Satele is a descendant and would that bloodline still exist in the current mythos? According to the comics, she is the descendant of Revan and Bastilla.

chilled monkey
You're dumb. Did you even read my post? In case you missed it or lack the necessary reading skills, the complaint about it being short was just one of many.

Word of advice spud; get a grip. Seriously, did my comment really upset you that much?

Being rude to people when it's completely uncalled for really does not make you look good.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Word of advice spud; get a grip. Seriously, did my comment really upset you that much?

Being rude to people when it's completely uncalled for really does not make you look good. When it comes to looking good, frankly I find his anger toward your misreading of his post to look better than your indignant lecture.

Assuming this is a contest between who looks better.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Isn't it always?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
Isn't it always? Yes it is, and I regret never letting any of you win.

Ha ha!

Dr McBeefington
When it comes to looking good, frankly I find his anger toward your misreading of his post to look better than your indignant lecture.

Rofl.. Also yes chilled monkey, instead of taking offense to your atrocious reading comprehension skills, I decided to get butt hurt regarding your comments about my comments.

chilled monkey
When it comes to looking good, frankly I find his anger toward your misreading of his post to look better than your indignant lecture.

It is not and I apologise if I gave that impression.

Also yes chilled monkey, instead of taking offense to your atrocious reading comprehension skills, I decided to get butt hurt regarding your comments about my comments.

There is no need to be so hostile. I posted a comment that was not particularly offensive, even acknowledging your entitlement to your opinion and you responded with insults.

Why be insulting? There is no need for it.

If my comment was truly offensive to you then I am sorry. I did not intend it to be.

truejedi
According to the comics, she is the descendant of Revan and Bastilla.

Seriously? That person exists? is she their CHILD?(not sure when the book is set) Or just a descendant? and if she is a descendant, how can she be the descendant of BOTH without lots of incest?

And seriously? That person exists?

F*** you star wars. F*** you.

Dr McBeefington
Yea.. It's one giant facepalm after another.

Nephthys
Originally posted by truejedi
Seriously? That person exists? is she their CHILD?(not sure when the book is set) Or just a descendant? and if she is a descendant, how can she be the descendant of BOTH without lots of incest?

facepalm2

TOR is set 300 years after KOTOR, so no, I highly doubt that its their actual child. She can be a descedent of BOTH because obviously they had a child and then that child had a child etc until we get to Satale. No Incest involved.

Christ, when did you even write this? 6 AM? I havn't seen this much concentrated stupid here in a long while.

'Waaaaaat? Shes descended from 2 PEOPLE!? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!!??

Zampanó
@Neph:
thumb up

Edit: for him it would have been around midnight or one in the morning; gotta cut him a little slack

Nephthys
NO MERCY!!!!!!

Originally posted by truejedi

http://kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_14088.jpg

BITCHES AND WHORES!

truejedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
facepalm2

TOR is set 300 years after KOTOR, so no, I highly doubt that its their actual child. She can be a descedent of BOTH because obviously they had a child and then that child had a child etc until we get to Satale. No Incest involved.

Christ, when did you even write this? 6 AM? I havn't seen this much concentrated stupid here in a long while.

But they didn't have a child.... at the end of KOTOR, Revan leaves for the unknown regions, and Bastilla dies alone in KOTOR II still waiting for him to return. And who pissed in your cheerios? be nice.

Nephthys
They could easily have had a child between Kotor 1 and 2 as Revan left several years after Kotor and we don't know that Bastila died alone waiting for him. She was still alive at the end of the game and could have followed him with the Exile after Kotor 2. Hell, DS Bastila already followed him.

I'm pissed cause this is clearly serious bussiness.

truejedi
They could easily have had a child between Kotor 1 and 2 as Revan left several years after Kotor and we don't know that Bastila died alone waiting for him. She was still alive at the end of the game and could have followed him with the Exile after Kotor 2. Hell, DS Bastila already followed him.

I'm pissed cause this is clearly serious bussiness.

i thought we found her bones?

Nephthys
Where? I'm pretty sure we don't.

You can actually 'meet' her on Carths ship after you beat Nihilus. She isn't dead.

truejedi
Where? I'm pretty sure we don't.

You can actually 'meet' her on Carths ship after you beat Nihilus. She isn't dead.

you do? its been like 5 or 6 years since i've played that game. mebbe more. I concede all points from having no idea.

Nephthys
YyKettMMeYc

truejedi
wait, she was on the freaking ship with Carth? I had no idea. Mindblown.

Slash_KMC
You probably didn't set Revan as a LS in KOTOR 2.

truejedi
no, he was a darksider, wasn't he? I thought that was the canon view.

DE, did you just show me a noncanon clip?

truejedi
and yeah, i was wondering why they kept calling Revan a Jedi in that clip...

Nephthys
Revan's canonally LS, male and apparantly he knocked Bastila up, so at the very least he has a working penis.

truejedi
hmmm, i may have been mixed up on that for quite some time.

If he is lightside, why do we call him Darth Revan? Wouldn't just plain revan do?

Nephthys
Darth Revan referes to him before the events of kotor when he was the Dark Lord of the Sith.

And even DS, Bastila still survived:

NHeg2RjIKaE

RE: Blaxican
It kind of sucks that the light side ending is ALWAYS canon. Kind of makes me want to not even bother LS side sometimes.

Pwned
ikr? I go dark side first thing in any game with that choice, simply because I know its
A)Cooler
B)Not cannon
C)Has cooler powers
D)Has the cookies
E)Has the capes
F)Can give me POWAH, UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHH!

Lord Lucien
Revan's canonally... male Ha! Ha. Ha ha, ha. Been waiting for that for a while. I knew you'd slip up eventually.

S_W_LeGenD
For the most part, I think this was the most half assed star wars book ever written.. Hell, it was only 242 pages. Not only that but the book directly contradicts the Old Republic comics made in the past few months. The only shining beacon on this ripoff was Darth Malgus, who resembles Bane in appearance and understanding of the force.
Can you provide more details?

Dr McBeefington
You can't pick up a 242 page book and read it yourself? Anyways, the storyline was pretty retarded and there were situations that contradicted the "Threat of Peace" comics based on TOR. The only decent thing was Malgus and the parallels one can draw between him and Bane.

Shey Tapani
It was good

7 out of 10

Nephthys
facepalm2

laughing laughing laughing

Is it bad that I made myself laugh with this again?

Eminence
Oh, tj...

NTJack0
Meh, okay book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.