Master Chief vs Mass Effect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Master Chief finds himself in the Mass Effect universe. Shepherd sees him as a perfect opportunity to aid him in the assault on the Citadel. The assault goes horribly FUBAR and Chief is 'accidently' left alone. Does Master Chief emerge victorious? He is armed with the assault rifle, pistol and three frag grenades. He is also equipped with the MJOLNIR Armor.

Super Marie 64
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Master Chief take bullet showers from the Mass Effect weapons without noteworthy damage? The bullets he doesn't dodge, that is.

Nephthys
Lol @ Chief dodging Mass Effect bullets. They go close to subliminal/FTL speeds using mass effect fields if I'm not very much mistaken.

Edit: Further checking the wiki states that they can indeed be accelerated to extremely high speeds, though possibly not FTL. The example given is accelerating a paint chip to speeds wherin it acheives the same destructive force as a nuclear bomb.

Anyway he'll need to get through shields and deal with biotics, neither of which he'll comfortably be able to do. Saren (there isn't another assault on the citadel in ME2 is there?) rips him apart with ease.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Master Chief finds himself in the Mass Effect universe. Shepherd sees him as a perfect opportunity to aid him in the assault on the Citadel. The assault goes horribly FUBAR and Chief is 'accidently' left alone. Does Master Chief emerge victorious? He is armed with the assault rifle, pistol and three frag grenades. He is also equipped with the MJOLNIR Armor.

MC gets FUBAR'ed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Master Chief take bullet showers from the Mass Effect weapons without noteworthy damage? The bullets he doesn't dodge, that is. Don't think of their weapons as firing bullets, think of them as firing tiny little chips at massively hypersonic velocities.

That said, no Neph, handheld Mass Accelerators (Aka guns) do not fire at subluminal speeds, lol, nowhere near. Mostly due to the fact that so far, scientists in the MEverse have been unable to mitigate the recoil such velocities would bring, the absolute FASTEST Mass Accelerators, the ones on Dreadnoughts, is only IIRC 17% lightspeed.

But yeah MC cannot win. Thanks to our good friend the Blaxican, he has proven Master Chief is like what? Class 2? And possessing "only" 20 millisecond reaction time. To be honest, normal soldiers in Mass Effect can probably achieve similar or better reaction-times (Though I admit my memory is hazy on that subject), and his strength is not signifigant enough to even puncture their shields. Nor are his weapons, actually.

RE: Blaxican
Thing that bugs me about Mass Effect weapons is that the characters, all of them, use cover. This has even been shown in cutscenes. Rusty old pipes, pillars, trees, etc. Almost everything that a normal bullet would be stopped by can stop a ME bullet.

I think Chief can do it, maybe. Dunno. I'm a little hazy on the "Assault on the Citadel" thing, though. Are you referring to the Geth assault in the climax of ME1?

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Thing that bugs me about Mass Effect weapons is that the characters, all of them, use cover. This has even been shown in cutscenes. Rusty old pipes, pillars, trees, etc. Almost everything that a normal bullet would be stopped by can stop a ME bullet.

I think Chief can do it, maybe. Dunno. I'm a little hazy on the "Assault on the Citadel" thing, though. Are you referring to the Geth assault in the climax of ME1? Yeah, this honestly bothers me too, to be honest.

It's kind of like how apparently a Necron Destroyer can die by... Hitting a tree. On the tabletop anyway.

I assume that is what it is.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
But yeah MC cannot win. Thanks to our good friend the Blaxican, he has proven Master Chief is like what? Class 2? And possessing "only" 20 millisecond reaction time. To be honest, normal soldiers in Mass Effect can probably achieve similar or better reaction-times (Though I admit my memory is hazy on that subject), and his strength is not signifigant enough to even puncture their shields. Nor are his weapons, actually.

From what I can recall, kinetic barriers/shields break if anyone so much as farts at them. The personal ones, anyway.

NemeBro
If by "farts" you mean "I empty a clip of railgun into your chest," then yes.

RE: Blaxican
To be fair, melee attacks from husks can go through them, for some reason.

NemeBro
If I had to guess why that is, I would probably assume a Husk's blows do not travel fast enough to trigger the Mass Effect Shields. Mass Effect Shields are only activated when something of a certain velocity attempts to breach them.

TheGoldenSpy
There is no way in hell the bullets in mAss Effect hit with the force of a nuke. That would mean pretty much every grunt you fight has nuclear force durability.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
If by "farts" you mean "I empty a clip of railgun into your chest," then yes.

Only a couple of bullets are enough, a whole clip easily kills you. Varren biting you or husks punching you destroy shields/barriers very fast, as well. To be fair, I remember shields in Mass Effect were considerably tougher than the ones Mass Effect 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.