Favorite decade in gaming?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
which is it for you? 90's seem the most popular, but the 00's seem to be just as popular, because of the graphics.

Zack Fair
90s.

Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario, Super Metroid, SF2, Half Life, Tekken 2/3, Gran Turismo 1/2, Metal Gear Solid, Doom, RE/2, Donkey Kong, Sonic in his prime....god too much

Nephthys
The 50's. T'was a simpler time. *is wistful and smiling*

Zack Fair
Oh yeah...I'm so old I forget things....how could I forget? Back then we had to deal with the cold war and all of that...THAT was old school. You kids have it easy nowadays.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah...

GreetingsFriend
The 00's. Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and 4, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy IX, X, XI, XII, and XIII, The Xenosaga Trilogy, The Baten Kaitos Duology, Soma Bringer, Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, Remember 11: The Age of Infinity, Phantom of Inferno etc.

No other decade compares.

Zack Fair
How could I forget FF4,6,7,8,9 Xenogears Chrono Trigger...Chrono Cross?

Squaresoft's titles alone >> 00

Nephthys
Yeah but the 90's had Tamagotchi's.

Tamagotchi's >>>>>> SquareSOFT!

FistOfThe North
1. 90's
2. 80's
3. 2011
4. the 2000's - 2000-2010

i gamed more in the 90's than ever before for some reason. the 80's i came late, like '88 and 89' with atari and genesis, but i still gamed in that decade. the 2000's were ok but the 2011-2020 is going to shape up the be my best decade yet i just know it. you got the ps4 and the next xbox coming out. maybe some advanced 3d/holographic solutions. hell just this year were going games that are just so hotly anticipated. pc gaming'll go through the roof.

2011-2020 will be my best decade after it's said and done, and the decade is gone followed by it being trumped by the '20's and so on and so forth..

GreetingsFriend
I just hope that the 10s can be as good as the 00s were and that the likes of Hideo Kojima, Tetsuya Takahashi, Masato Kato, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Yasumi Matsuno, Suda51, Takumi Nakazawa, and Kotaro Uchikoshi all develop a good few games each (with a good many Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu soundtracks to boot).

GreetingsFriend
Nepthys,

Tetsuya Takahashi says Hi...

...and would like to know how you are doing.

He also wishes you a pleasent evening.

Nephthys
Oh god, Gamefaqs forum reviews!?

WELL I SURE FEEL THE BURN NOW!!

GreetingsFriend
You know it.

Nephthys
oh noooooooooo!

RE: Blaxican
2000's, obviously.

GreetingsFriend
Let me introduce you to Mr. Takahashi's wife, Kaori Tanaka.

Please Tetsuya, let him refer to me as Soraya Saga.

Suck on that big boy!

GreetingsFriend
Blaxican is correct for all of the wrong reasons.

NemeBro
Nostalgia is a disease I have not succumbed to.

2000's.

Zack Fair
Don't worry you'll grow up. awesome

General_Iroh
90's
Super Nintendo games consumed my life more than anything on any other console. And I still don't mind going back and playing some Final Fantasy III every now and then.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Zack Fair
90s.

Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario, Super Metroid, SF2, Half Life, Tekken 2/3, Gran Turismo 1/2, Metal Gear Solid, Doom, RE/2, Donkey Kong, Sonic in his prime....god too much

I'm going to say the 90's as well. I still love most of the games from that era and most of them are in my top 10. It was also a great time for PC games, too,

MadMel
90's by far. wink

Ridley_Prime
Probably the 90's.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Nostalgia is a disease I have not succumbed to.

2000's.
Not like you have to be a nostalgic to like an older generation better than one of the newer ones. And it's only a disease to those who completely live off it.

FinalAnswer
90's was good, but honestly enjoy 00's games better.

Kosmic King
Definately the 9o's. Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 are the two greatest consoles ever.

Pleroma
It's no contest in my opinion; not only have games obviously become technologically superior over time but I feel that there are just as many artistically brilliant games being released today as there have ever been.

The New Millennium > The Old Millennium

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Prep-Man
which is it for you? 90's seem the most popular, but the 00's seem to be just as popular, because of the graphics.

80 A.D-90 A.D

Roman Coliseum anyone?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nephthys
The 50's. T'was a simpler time. *is wistful and smiling*

Hell yeah, Yatzhee, Risk, great decade for games.

Grinning Goku
90's. Nothing like the first time, but current gen gaming offers much more depth and artistry.

DarkC
90's and very early 2000s

Impediment
Current gen games are awesome, but the games from the 90's paved the way, in my opinion.

King Kandy
I like 90s but there's nothing wrong with 00's either. I just happen to prefer the former.

BackFire
90's by a hair, I think.

Tha C-Master
90's overall. There were good games in other decades. I try to avoid grading on nostalgia, but the game has changed and become more casual.

steverules_2
I never really played many games from the 90's, didn't really have the money to but when I was young I always enjoyed Ridge racer type 4 and spiderman on playstation...man those were the days. I have played some old games though, love streets of rage 1+2 and super castlevania but to some people those games may not be considered old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.