Thor vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor takes on Thanos. Here's the stips:

Thor gets one free god blast. Thanos has to take it. Also, Thor thinks Thanos has just killed Sif. And so after the god blast Thor goes into Warrior's madness.

(keep in mind the god blast weakens Thor as well)

Who wins?

Silent Master
Thor

zopzop
Isn't current Thanos totally immortal? Good luck with that God blast Thor. Thanos 10/10.

Silent Master
Being immortal doesn't mean you're impossible to ko/hurt.

h1a8
Thor

zopzop
Originally posted by Silent Master
Being immortal doesn't mean you're impossible to ko/hurt.

Death has rejected Thanos, that means he cannot die under any circumstances. Unless that God Blast overpowers Death itself, its only gonna hurt him. He'll recover then wtfpwn Thor. Or if Thor is smart he'll run for his life.

Comics Cavalade
Originally posted by zopzop
Death has rejected Thanos, that means he cannot die under any circumstances. Unless that God Blast overpowers Death itself, its only gonna hurt him. He'll recover then wtfpwn Thor. Or if Thor is smart he'll run for his life. Did Death also take away Thanos's ability to bleed, feel pain, get KO'd, etc?

zopzop
Originally posted by Comics Cavalade
Did Death also take away Thanos's ability to bleed, feel pain, get KO'd, etc?

If he CANNOT die EVER, nothing Thor does will put him down. Hurt him? Yes? Maybe even KO him temporarily? Sure. But Thanos will heal up and destroy Thor.

Silent Master
Death has rejected Thanos, that means he cannot die under any circumstances. Unless that God Blast overpowers Death itself, its only gonna hurt him. He'll recover then wtfpwn Thor. Or if Thor is smart he'll run for his life.

Have you ever heard of a KO?

Mr.Mxyzptlk

It wasn't specified what kind of fight this was. Though considering the drastic and bloody set up, I'd wager to the death.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
It wasn't specified what kind of fight this was. Though considering the drastic and bloody set up, I'd wager to the death.

If one side can't die, why would the fight be "to the death"?

zopzop
If one side can't die, why would the fight be "to the death"?

One side goes into a berserkers rage after God blasting. So it's to the death but one side can't die while the other can. Poor Thor.

Silent Master
Where does it say that the fight is "to the death"?

zopzop

Remember Blood and Thunder?

Silent Master
Try answering my question this time.

zopzop
Try answering my question this time.

Warrior Madness Thor is fighting to the death, pick up an issue of Blood and Thunder.

Silent Master
Warrior Madness Thor is fighting to the death, pick up an issue of Blood and Thunder.

Stop making things up.

zopzop
Stop making things up.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, trolling or trying to pad your post count or maybe all three.

Silent Master
Thor wasn't in warriors madness in B&T, so how can B&T prove that warrior madness means a "fight to the death"?

zopzop
Thor wasn't in warriors madness in B&T, so how can B&T prove that warrior madness means a "fight to the death"?

I'm too tired right now to dig out the scan but I'll get it tomorrow, that's if I feel like doing your work for you.

Silent Master
Make sure you post the scan where Thanos and Moondragon mention that it isn't really Warriors madness.

Otherwise I'll just rightfully call you a liar.

zopzop
Make sure you post the scan where Thanos and Moondragon mention that it isn't really Warriors madness.

Otherwise I'll just rightfully call you a liar.

Sure what issue was that supposedly from?

Silent Master
Right after Thor gets put in the force block by Thanos.

quanchi112
Thor Based on ?

zopzop

So you have no issue number and I have to do your homework again right? It's fine.

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Didnt Grey Gargoyle just turn Thor to stone...Thanos does the same.

TricksterPriest
No, it was proven not to be Warrior madness. he's right about that. It was a berserker rage though.

GRIMNIR
People have said Zeus and Odin are skyfathers
Thanos is Trans

My question is where does Thor place? Trans? or below?

Also Once Thor has inherited the OdinForce how powerful is he?
Surely he would be on similar level to Odin no?
As he is the son of Odin and Gaea does this not make him more powerful than Odin with OdinForce?

Thor(OdinForce)>Odin>Thanos>Thor ?

Even if Thor is not more powerful than Odin with OdinForce surely he is above Thanos

KuRuPT Thanosi

Do understand the logic you're using is backwards Silent. First, I don't even think it will KO him with his shields up or down. Up.. it doesn't even breach his shields, and if it happens to, it certainly isn't KOing or even hurting him what does make it past. Down.. he would certainly feel it and get knocked backwards and down but I doubt KO'd. That being said, you expect me to believe that a weakened Thanos can be killed and IMMEDIATLY come back.. yet... can be KO'd and just stay down?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Actually that isn't what people look at to say it wasn't WM.. it was Odin commenting that it wasn't WM. However, as I've stated before and is backed up by on panel statements of Pip, Warlock and Brb.. all people who know Thor VERY well and seen him in actions. Their on panel statements were that he was in WM mode and was more powerful than ever. This was before he got the gem. Now, if Odin says it wasn't.. okay.. but to say he had no amp is in complete contradiction to the clear presentation of the comic. It was an amp to his stats via his state of mind whether or not it was true WM or not.

Silent Master
No, Moondragon also made a comment about it not being WM, plus I'd take Odin's word over the people you mentioned.

Blight
I thought forum stipulations were to ko unless otherwise specified.

zopzop
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, it was proven not to be Warrior madness. he's right about that. It was a berserker rage though.

What issue was that in?

Here is Sif saying it was Warrior's Madness and he'd be exiled for life from Asgard because of it :
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8206/thor46118.th.jpg http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7352/thor46213.th.jpg

That's from Thor 461 and 462.

Silent Master
And that is before Thor was placed in the force-block by Thanos.

Lord Feron
Maybe is he shoves the hammer in Thanos's mouth and just launches the blast then I could see Thanos losing. Kinda like what he did to magog (not sure if it was a god blast but it was damn powerful)

Silent Master
It was the anti-force blast.

Uriel005
It was the anti-force blast. Chaos war makes me think thor takes this handily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What about Chaos war leads you to believe Thor can beat Thanos

DarkOdin
Warrior Madness Thor is fighting to the death, pick up an issue of Blood and Thunder. laughing out loud Blood and Thunder wasn't warrior maddness Just a pissed off Thor Happy Dance

dmills
Thanos

celeyhyga17
Is this even a question?

Thanos slaps the Archaic English out of Odin Jr.'s mouth.

Bouboumaster
Current Thanos not only can't die, but comeback from complete annhilation in seconds when Drax explode his shit.

vince_slice
Odin also said Thor's madness was very similar to warrior madness, and that if he didn't kill Thor, it would spread to other Asgardians like true warrior madness. I don't get how this equates to Thor not holding back, makes no sense.

Thor clearly had some form of madness that amped him similar to warrior madness, and it was a big enough deal that Odin was willing to kill him at the end as if it were real warrior madness.

zopzop
Originally posted by vince_slice
Odin also said Thor's madness was very similar to warrior madness, and that if he didn't kill Thor, it would spread to other Asgardians like true warrior madness. I don't get how this equates to Thor not holding back, makes no sense.

Thor clearly had some form of madness that amped him similar to warrior madness, and it was a big enough deal that Odin was willing to kill him at the end as if it were real warrior madness.

Thank you! I got tired looking for the scans because it was stated in Thor 461-462 by Sif that he had Warrior's Madness. I'll settle for it being a form of the madness unique to Thor's fractured psyche.

Silent Master
And after that, it was stated to not be the real WM.

Not that it really matter, because even if it was the real WM, that wouldn't mean this was a "to the death" fight.

zopzop
And after that, it was stated to not be the real WM.

Not that it really matter, because even if it was the real WM, that wouldn't mean this was a "to the death" fight.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Depending on how much power Thor puts in his God Blast, the fight ends right there. Thor wins. With a 10x strength amp, he'd rip Thanos to pieces in anything resembling a physical contest.

Oh, and the God Blast doesn't weaken Thor. I have no idea where that came from. I think it was a rumor started by Breevort to explain why he doesn't always do it. It's similar to a suicide attack or something according to him. Guy doesn't know what his talking about when it comes to Thor I swear to god. I've see him give wrong information regarding Thor too much on his formspring. Seeing his opinions at times is fun, but that's all they are, opinions.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually that isn't what people look at to say it wasn't WM.. it was Odin commenting that it wasn't WM. However, as I've stated before and is backed up by on panel statements of Pip, Warlock and Brb.. all people who know Thor VERY well and seen him in actions. Their on panel statements were that he was in WM mode and was more powerful than ever. This was before he got the gem. Now, if Odin says it wasn't.. okay.. but to say he had no amp is in complete contradiction to the clear presentation of the comic. It was an amp to his stats via his state of mind whether or not it was true WM or not.

Only Bill and Sif believed Thor was in Warrior Madness because Thor was blood lusted in a similar state. When did Warlock or Pip support the Warrior Madness stance? Warlock's hypothesize was that the Valkyrie and Thor's fractured psyche was the cause, i.e. not Warrior Madness. This was later confirmed by Thanos and his instruments.

Who said Thor was more powerful than ever before?

Thor was not amped. Not the way cosmic fans want in order to heal there bleeding anuses. I am so tired of this. Bill once said that Thor was drawing strength from the Madness. Chances are that it's some metaphysical bull like when a character. Warrior Madness was never an amp before that. It was simply a character becoming blood lusted.

Presentation of the comic? laughing out loud

The entire plot was that when Odin created Bill, Masterson, Norvell etc. each time he took a piece of Thor. Each time he manipulated Thor's essence like tieing him to Blake, he damaged it more and more. As a result, Thor's repression for this took form as the Valkyrie who suppressed the Thor that we know deep down.

Rage.Of.Olympus

And I don't get how that equates to an amp.

Warrior Madness itself doesn't amp Thor. It's Thor going all out. It's a state that higher end Gods (I'm guessing) can enter when made. The closest scene I can think of that supports an amp is the statement from Bill.

Odin was willing to kill him because Thor was dangerous and it possibly could spread. This doesn't equate to an amp either.

celeyhyga17
Nah... Thor has as much a chance as Superman has against pruneface on a mano y mano.
That chance is slim > to none.......

Rage.Of.Olympus
Disagreed. On how both Superman and Thor fare.

celeyhyga17
Shields, forceblock, game ovaa.
Thor won't even get off a godblast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The basis of the thread is that Thor gets off a God Blast. That part isn't up for debate.

Getting through Thanos' on hand shields won't be the biggest problem for Thor and Superman.

The force block is Thanos' best option for a quick win (If you don't think Thor can get out or he can hit Clark) but that's as likely as Superman singing or Thor doing some life force draining crap.

Silent Master
Thanos doesn't have shields up for this fight, he'd have to activate them after the godblast.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The basis of the thread is that Thor gets off a God Blast. That part isn't up for debate.

Getting through Thanos' on hand shields won't be the biggest problem for Thor and Superman.

The force block is Thanos' best option for a quick win (If you don't think Thor can get out or he can hit Clark) but that's as likely as Superman singing or Thor doing some life force draining crap.

ahh... so it is...
I can't imagine the godblast being much stronger than this

http://img236.imageshack.us/i/odin108cb.jpg/
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666

I'm betting on Odin and Gungnir > Thor and Mjolnir

Silent Master
Why wouldn't it be stronger than a holding back Odin?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
ahh... so it is...
I can't imagine the godblast being much stronger than this

http://img236.imageshack.us/i/odin108cb.jpg/
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666

I'm betting on Odin and Gungnir > Thor and Mjolnir

Why not?

celeyhyga17
Why not?

huh? aww come on you gotta give Thanos more credit than that..
Even Thor's pappy agrees with me...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590

Plus he was eating that concentrated Gungnir attack after he just ate one that sent him flying.....
He is going to get up from a godblast...
then forceblock Thor...

Silent Master
I don't see Odin saying that he used more power than Thor's godblast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Like I said originally, depending on how much power Thor puts behind his God Blast, the fight ends right there and then. He could take the one used against Cain for example (Although I think he'd be hurting) but would be 6 feet under from the one against Majestro or the Exitar.

I already commented on the force block. Even if he uses it (Which is unlikely imo unless you allow Thor to pull powers out of his ass. I don't think it was seen before or after), I think Thor would bust out. His not strong enough, but fortunately, Thor's more powerful than he is strong.

quanchi112
Disagreed. On how both Superman and Thor fare. Based on ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Their history and feats?

celeyhyga17
I don't see Odin saying that he used more power than Thor's godblast.

So Thor is a skyfather now?

I ain't buyin that.

I'll take an Odin w/Gungnir attack believing Asgard is in danger > a really pissed of Thor using godblast anyday.

http://img385.imageshack.us/i/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl.jpg/
http://img385.imageshack.us/i/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl1.jpg/

quanchi112
Their history and feats? What does their histories have to do with anything considering Thanos' entire history has him well above any and all top tiers. I mean the point is rammed home time and time again.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Are you joking me? You can't be that stupid can you? Think your posts through.

And Thor/Superman > other Top Tiers when shit goes down. Yes, including Surfer. Has more power on tap than Clark though.

I ain't buyin that.

I'll take an Odin w/Gungnir attack believing Asgard is in danger > a really pissed of Thor using godblast anyday.

The God Blast is a Skyfather level + attack. You'd need a serious Odin to match or outperform some of the power the attack has shown.

celeyhyga17

And Thor/Superman > other Top Tiers. Yes, including Surfer.

The God Blast is a Skyfather level + attack. You'd need a serious Odin to match or outperform some of the power the attack has shown.

Trans level attack for me... I agree that godblast is pretty fookin powerful, but I simply ain't buy Thor's output > Odin... no way, now how... Even a non-bloodlusted attack with Gungnir has to be > Thor's...
Thor just does not belong in the same level of the totem pole...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Trans level? Haha, no.

Why? Base level Odin = Weakest Odin. It hardly means that Thor > Odin but you'd need a serious Odin to match or counter the power it's put out at times.

Thor has operated on the level of Trans characters or higher barring even the God Blast on various occasions. Just saying.

celeyhyga17
Trans level? Haha, no.

Why? Base level Odin = Weakest Odin. It hardly means that Thor > Odin but you'd need a serious Odin to match or counter the power it's put out at times.

Thor has operated on the level of Trans characters or higher barring even the God Blast on various occasions. Just saying.

aight... agree to disagree... u've made my hands too tired to type...

quanchi112

And Thor/Superman > other Top Tiers when shit goes down. Yes, including Surfer. Has more power on tap than Clark though.

The God Blast is a Skyfather level + attack. You'd need a serious Odin to match or outperform some of the power the attack has shown. Are you kidding me ? You tell me to think my posts through and throughout the entire arc where thor is mowing foes down left and right they teleport him to Thanos and he just meets him head on with the power gem but yet you claim yeah Thor can beat Thanos.

You're really bad at this sometimes you know you ignore actual on panel confrontations and say based off his history.

No, they aren't. Surfer is definitely on their level and you acting as if he isn't is truly something to behold here.

Funny, but the godblast isn't a plus skyfather attack since it did next to nothing against Juggs, only scared a weakened Galactus, and blew up Exitar's head but we saw Thor actually damage Celestials before withouht resorting to his best. What makes Celestials impressive isn't their flat out durability it's their power and the fact they can reform from lost limbs, blown up heads, etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Are you kidding me ? You tell me to think my posts through and throughout the entire arc where thor is mowing foes down left and right they teleport him to Thanos and he just meets him head on with the power gem but yet you claim yeah Thor can beat Thanos.

Yes, you should. I can't believe that you asked what their history has to do with their performance. F*cking idiotic.

Of course Thor can beat Thanos. I won't argue Thor will take the majority in a regular thread, but this is far from a regular thread. Thor God Blasts Thanos in the face and gets 10x stronger. I'm assuming you're referring to my very first post in this thread, and not the one you replied to.

You're really bad at this sometimes you know you ignore actual on panel confrontations and say based off his history.

crylaugh

No, they aren't. Surfer is definitely on their level and you acting as if he isn't is truly something to behold here.

Of course his on their level but when shit goes down, I'd easily favor Thor or Superman over Surfer to handle the situation.

Funny, but the godblast isn't a plus skyfather attack since it did next to nothing against Juggs, only scared a weakened Galactus, and blew up Exitar's head but we saw Thor actually damage Celestials before withouht resorting to his best. What makes Celestials impressive isn't their flat out durability it's their power and the fact they can reform from lost limbs, blown up heads, etc.

That's the thing about the God Blast, it's power fluctuates. You already know the context of the Juggeraut scene and saying Galactus was only scared is one hell of an understatement. Destroying his brain dome and actually affecting him is one hell of a feat. Especially looking how far up the food chain the Celestials were in the Thor title.

Well, whatever I'm not going to get into a 10 page debate where you low ball and twist feats to suit your stance.

At this point, if it's not a battle zone, I'm not wasting my time with you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
aight... agree to disagree... u've made my hands too tired to type...

I don't agree to disagree. I'm basing it off of the comics.

Silent Master

I ain't buyin that.

Why?

The godblast is Thor's ultimate attack, there is nothing to suggest that Odin was using that much power against Thanos.

celeyhyga17
Why?

The godblast is Thor's ultimate attack, there is nothing to suggest that Odin was using that much power against Thanos.

so basically he was putting enough power behind a concentrated Gungnir attack just so he can play tag with Thanos?

I guess Odin cares little for his Asgard and his subjects then...

I don't agree to disagree. I'm basing it off of the comics.

I'm basing it off comics too...
and their respective histories....
=P

zopzop
Thor's Godblast > anything Odin has done in a while (excepting his galaxy busting stuff). Thor's done better against the Celestials than Odin or the other Skyfathers.

Having said that, Thanos cannot die, EVER. So Godblast away Thor, he better hope Mjolnir doesn't shatter or else he's even more fugged.

Silent Master
Strawman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm basing it off comics too...
and their respective histories....
=P

Seeing as how you disagree with me, you aren't.

yes

quanchi112
Yes, you should. I can't believe that you asked what their history has to do with their performance. F*cking idiotic.

Of course Thor can beat Thanos. I won't argue Thor will take the majority in a regular thread, but this is far from a regular thread. Thor God Blasts Thanos in the face and gets 10x stronger. I'm assuming you're referring to my very first post in this thread, and not the one you replied to.

crylaugh

Of course his on their level but when shit goes down, I'd easily favor Thor or Superman over Surfer to handle the situation.

That's the thing about the God Blast, it's power fluctuates. You already know the context of the Juggeraut scene and saying Galactus was only scared is one hell of an understatement. Destroying his brain dome and actually affecting him is one hell of a feat. Especially looking how far up the food chain the Celestials were in the Thor title.

Well, whatever I'm not going to get into a 10 page debate where you low ball and twist feats to suit your stance.

At this point, if it's not a battle zone, I'm not wasting my time with you. Thor has never beaten anyone Thanos level or up on his own under his own power one on one. Ever. You saying it based off of his history makes no sense and contradicts these two running into each other in the comics. Thor can't take Odin head on, can't take on Tyrant head on, can't take on Thanos with the power gem and hold his own by himself, etc.

Thanos has taken far more powerful blasts namely from Odin after a length drawn out fight and still been in it to win it. Who has Thor put down Thanos level with the godblast ? Let's hear some examples and don't hide behind vague responses like based off his history or feats. You might as one link a respect thread because it's basically the same kinda non answer.

Why ? It all depends on the situation too. Surfer can save the day like any old hero and if you're putting someone against the Hulk surfer is much more likely to to beat him than say Thor who never actually has in countless fights.

Galactus feared for his life, was damaged, but he was weakened and was fighting someone else. A weakened Galactus isn't the most impressive feat out there considering he wasn't just focusing on thor either.

Thor himself was harming them on his own in issue 300 without the godblast and it didn't really affect exitar just like Odin was wasting his time severing limbs.

I guess you can't name anyone above top tier Thor ever defeated with a godblast. Nuff said.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha. Quan, I'm so tired of your trolling. If we can battle zone over this topic (We'd have to trim down the stances), let's do it.

celeyhyga17
Seeing as how you disagree with me, you aren't.

yes

I do applaud ure never say die attitude...
Even though u are certifiable!!!

evil face

quanchi112
Haha. Quan, I'm so tired of your trolling. If we can battle zone over this topic (We'd have to trim down the stances), let's do it. I'm actually explaining the details of these events whereas you are touting Thor.

There's no need for a battlezone we are debating in this very thread. Don't hide behind these battlezone challenges.

You know what I would be interested in say not Thanos related since I've done two with Thanos is a Void/Sentry vs. Thor battlezone. You claim Thor killed him on his own so care to step up to the challenge ?

Blight
Thor's Godblast > anything Odin has done in a while (excepting his galaxy busting stuff). Thor's done better against the Celestials than Odin or the other Skyfathers.

Having said that, Thanos cannot die, EVER. So Godblast away Thor, he better hope Mjolnir doesn't shatter or else he's even more fugged. Why do you keep going straight to death when a ko is just around the corner?? Besides... once incapacitated, the battle is over.... I thought that was the rules confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm actually explaining the details of these events whereas you are touting Thor.

There's no need for a battlezone we are debating in this very thread. Don't hide behind these battlezone challenges.

You know what I would be interested in say not Thanos related since I've done two with Thanos is a Void/Sentry vs. Thor battlezone. You claim Thor killed him on his own so care to step up to the challenge ?

No, you're doing what you always do. Trolling, low balling, and just wasting time.

Lol. I'm not going to enter another large debate simply because you like wasting time. A battle zone is simple. We say our piece, and people vote. A set number of posts and no need for the pages of bullshit which unfortunately, is all you do anymore.

laughing out loud Now who's hiding behind a battle zone? I've said it before on different occasions that Void would get the majority over Thor. It'd be one hell of a fight.

Do I have to quote myself? I thought I made it very clear what my stance was. Thor destroyed the Void but Bob's wish for death and the collected damage kept him from returning.

quanchi112
No, you're doing what you always do. Trolling, low balling, and just wasting time.

Lol. I'm not going to enter another large debate simply because you like wasting time. A battle zone is simple. We say our piece, and people vote. A set number of posts and no need for the pages of bullshit which unfortunately, is all you do anymore.

laughing out loud Now who's hiding behind a battle zone? I've said it before on different occasions that Void would get the majority over Thor. It'd be one hell of a fight.

Do I have to quote myself? I thought I made it very clear what my stance was. Thor destroyed the Void but Bob's wish for death and the collected damage kept him from returning. So going over the details of each godblast along with what else affected the celestials in the storeis is lowballing ? No, it's explaining the details to take away from this highballing you're usually guilty of with Thor.

Then you concede the points since you don't feel like responding. You do it every time. You just wanted another battlezone against carver in another thread these things are a waste of time on these minor issues.

The only reason he didn't return was the Void/Bob didn't want to.

I don't see Thor ever beating a Void who wants to win. I will argue for the Void absolutely destroying Thor and you can argue Thor makes it a good fight. I remember goober and trick taking up a battlezone under those conditions before. This is the only one I am interested in as it involves two characters I have never battlezoned for or against.

Up for it ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
So going over the details of each godblast along with what else affected the celestials in the storeis is lowballing ? No, it's explaining the details to take away from this highballing you're usually guilty of with Thor.

No, what you are doing is low balling. You actively ignore or twist facts when it suits you. I'm simply not going to waste my time with you.

The only thing that has ever affected a Celestial in the Thor title is the God Blast. Nothing else. Destroying limbs, or cutting through their armor doesn't bother them.

Then you concede the points since you don't feel like responding. You do it every time. You just wanted another battlezone against carver in another thread these things are a waste of time on these minor issues.

I don't concede anything. You want to continue, let's battle zone. If you don't....well concession accepted using your logic.

The only reason he didn't return was the Void/Bob didn't want to.

I don't see Thor ever beating a Void who wants to win. I will argue for the Void absolutely destroying Thor and you can argue Thor makes it a good fight. I remember goober and trick taking up a battlezone under those conditions before. This is the only one I am interested in as it involves two characters I have never battlezoned for or against.

Up for it ?

Okay.

You do know that the board rule is now that we divide the Void by his appearances right? I.e. you can't just spam Molecule Man, Molecule Man, Molecule Man?

If you understand that, then sure, I'm down. All I need to do is post scans of Thor holding the Void at bay, blasting him into a field, then destroying his body.

So you only battle zone topics you haven't done before? Why did you turn down my previous challenge then?

quanchi112
No, what you are doing is low balling. You actively ignore or twist facts when it suits you. I'm simply not going to waste my time with you.

The only thing that has ever affected a Celestial in the Thor title is the God Blast. Nothing else. Destroying limbs, or cutting through their armor doesn't bother them.

I don't concede anything. You want to continue, let's battle zone. If you don't....well concession accepted using your logic.

Okay.

You do know that the board rule is now that we divide the Void by his appearances right? I.e. you can't just spam Molecule Man, Molecule Man, Molecule Man?

If you understand that, then sure, I'm down. All I need to do is post scans of Thor holding the Void at bay, blasting him into a field, then destroying his body.

So you only battle zone topics you haven't done before? Why did you turn down my previous challenge then? Thor's ultimate attack didn't phase them either. This was also easily reformed. You say I twist facts when that's all you are doing. Nothing either Odin or Thor did stopped or affected the Celestials. They were nothing to them.

No, I want to continue in this thread you always run for cover every time I press you. I can go *** for tat here and while you ignore Thanos/Thor confrontations I don't ignore anything. you can bring up any Thor feat which you claim can hurt or beat Thanos and I will be ready.

If we are going to do this I have access to all his powers but won't really press the MM feat as his only means of beating Thor. He can do it pretty much by sheer power alone not just molecular manipulation. This is a battlezone as well I want access to all his feats for the sentry/Void since you have over 40 years of Thor appearances which makes this pretty lopsided appearance wise.

What challenge did I turn down ?

Blight
I find it very hypocritical that Quanchi talks about "hiding behind" a battlezone as a weak trait, when in the same exact post he challenges someone to said battlezone....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blight
I find it very hypocritical that Quanchi talks about "hiding behind" a battlezone as a weak trait, when in the same exact post he challenges someone to said battlezone.... Because I am not interested in another battlezone every time someone disagrees with me about a character I have already done two with prior to. I explained myself this nonsense of every time someone disagrees with you and challenging them to battlezones is silly.

Blight
Because I am not interested in another battlezone every time someone disagrees with me about a character I have already done two with prior to. I explained myself this nonsense of every time someone disagrees with you and challenging them to battlezones is silly. But you'll openly do a battlezone still? It doesn't make sense. You're complaining that people challenge you to battlezones every time there's a disagreement but you're opening the exact same invitation simply because you disagree with someone else...

quanchi112
But you'll openly do a battlezone still? It doesn't make sense. You're complaining that people challenge you to battlezones every time there's a disagreement but you're opening the exact same invitation simply because you disagree with someone else... I will only do a battlezone if it interests me. How aren't you grasping this ? If someone says you're wrong quan orion beats superman do a battlezone or else. I am not biting every time someone disagrees only on matchups I am interested in doing one with. I have already told you I've done two with Thanos not doing a third over such an minor disagreement. I will argue in the thread.

If he isn't interested in doing it it doesn't get done. No biggie. I simply let him know which battlezone I was interested in doing.

zopzop
Why do you keep going straight to death when a ko is just around the corner?? Besides... once incapacitated, the battle is over.... I thought that was the rules confused

He would rebound almost instantly from any "KO". He's been atomized and came back like nothing happened. Since we KNOW Death will never claim him, it's just a matter of time before Mjolnir buckles under the pressure of repeated Godblasts then it's game over.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's ultimate attack didn't phase them either. This was also easily reformed. You say I twist facts when that's all you are doing. Nothing either Odin or Thor did stopped or affected the Celestials. They were nothing to them.

It might have only been for a moment, but Exitar was given pause:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome2.jpg

No, I want to continue in this thread you always run for cover every time I press you. I can go *** for tat here and while you ignore Thanos/Thor confrontations I don't ignore anything. you can bring up any Thor feat which you claim can hurt or beat Thanos and I will be ready.

You want to continue because in a thread, you can just bullshit over and over again. Are you delusional or something? I've probably put up with your crap more than anyone else.

laughing out loud

I ignore Thor/Thanos confrontations? That's rich. I need to start bookmarking threads. Each of their fights paints Thanos and Thor as physical peers. Oh, except when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor one shotted him then. smile

If we are going to do this I have access to all his powers but won't really press the MM feat as his only means of beating Thor. He can do it pretty much by sheer power alone not just molecular manipulation. This is a battlezone as well I want access to all his feats for the sentry/Void since you have over 40 years of Thor appearances which makes this pretty lopsided appearance wise.

Oh please. Your entire argument is going to consist of Molecule Man, Molecule Man, Molecule Man. I don't care what you want. I'm telling you the recent rule Bada created.

So the battle zone topic os: Thor won't be stomped by Siege Void/Sentry.

All I have to do is post a few scans.

What challenge did I turn down ?

Are you suffering from the same disability Carver has? It happened in this very thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I find it very hypocritical that Quanchi talks about "hiding behind" a battlezone as a weak trait, when in the same exact post he challenges someone to said battlezone....

It's quan.

quanchi112
It might have only been for a moment, but Exitar was given pause:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome2.jpg

You want to continue because in a thread, you can just bullshit over and over again. Are you delusional or something? I've probably put up with your crap more than anyone else.

laughing out loud

I ignore Thor/Thanos confrontations? That's rich. I need to start bookmarking threads. Each of their fights paints Thanos and Thor as physical peers. Oh, except when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor one shotted him then. smile

Oh please. Your entire argument is going to consist of Molecule Man, Molecule Man, Molecule Man. I don't care what you want. I'm telling you the recent rule Bada created.

So the battle zone topic os: Thor won't be stomped by Siege Void/Sentry.

All I have to do is post a few scans.

Are you suffering from the same disability Carver has? It happened in this very thread. So what if he was given pause even for a moment he completely recovered and could have easily destroyed Thor at any point in time. He was irrelevant.

None of the fights do. Thanos is always against a larger amount of heroes which benefits Thor since it's all these guys vs. one or with a huge amp in the power gem which still wasn't enough for Thor to beat Thanos who was unprepared.

All Void/Sentry showings are allowed in our vs. thread. It's outside the rules and as long as we make it known in the initial point it should be no problem.

I am arguing in this thread I told you I have no interest in another Thanos zone at this point especially over someone as insignificant as Thor.

This is your new thing when you get upset you start issuing challenged instead of just countering.

So up for the Sentry/Void vs Thor zone or what ?

carver9
The only way Hor would win a battlezone against Void is if you use his classic feats which contradicts everything that has to do with current showings. Classic days, character could basically do anything and they didn't use any common sense for any of their stories back then.

gogogadgetgo
so, i dont get this, Thanos can't die coz death doesn't want him? well couldnt maphisto just take thanos' soul if he dies? maphisto is the devil afterall whoooo what do you know, also functions like dath. or since Thor is asgardian, wouldn't hela call dibs on thanos' soul? she is after all also the godess of death who, functions like maphisto who is also like death.

i'm more inclined to go with the hela calling dibs on Thanos' soul once the godblast kills him. as she loves going after stuff killed by other asgardians.

so yeah, thor wins every freakin time.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
so, i dont get this, Thanos can't die coz death doesn't want him? well couldnt maphisto just take thanos' soul if he dies? maphisto is the devil afterall whoooo what do you know, also functions like dath. or since Thor is asgardian, wouldn't hela call dibs on thanos' soul? she is after all also the godess of death who, functions like maphisto who is also like death.

i'm more inclined to go with the hela calling dibs on Thanos' soul once the godblast kills him. as she loves going after stuff killed by other asgardians.

so yeah, thor wins every freakin time. I seriously doubt Death would allow either of them to have his soul.

Eon Blue
I wish Quanchi would realize the idiot that he is. But, alas, idiots never see themselves for who they are.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by thanos-prime
I seriously doubt Death would allow either of them to have his soul.

well, seeing as he's banned from her realm and stuff like that would mean that its open season on Thanos' soul. not that that makes any sense or anything.

unless death is like some crazy chearleader bimbo highschool girl who breaks up with her jock BF but cant bear to see her X-BF being picked up by another bimbo and thus gets jealous and stuff and trys to keep him from falling into some other chicks hands. LOL!!!

thanos-prime
well, seeing as he's banned from her realm and stuff like that would mean that its open season on Thanos' soul. not that that makes any sense or anything.

unless death is like some crazy chearleader bimbo highschool girl who breaks up with her jock BF but cant bear to see her X-BF being picked up by another bimbo and thus gets jealous and stuff and trys to keep him from falling into some other chicks hands. LOL!!! I think she cares for him to much to allow him to fall into a death gods hands.

gogogadgetgo
So what if he was given pause even for a moment he completely recovered and could have easily destroyed Thor at any point in time. He was irrelevant.

hmmmm....let us use Quan logic shall we? in the B&T thunder arc, thanos admitted that given an hour or so thor would break out of the cube and proceed to beating them all to death. but since it was not shown, it is all hypothetical and did not happen hence it is false.

now applying that to the quote above, thor gave exitar pause but as Quan pointed out, exitar would have easily killed Thor. but he didnt and it is also purely hypothetical and did not happen hence it is false. and exitar cannot kill thor becuase he didnt and it did not happen.

hoooraay for quanchi logic!

gogogadgetgo
I think she cares for him to much to allow him to fall into a death gods hands.

meh..not really gonna argue about that as its probably true

but one question, who does go to whom? Hela gets dead asgardians who are lame and not worthy of valhala. death gets...ummm...dead cosmic dudes and everyone else who don't have a religion? then mephisto gets...ummm....dead christians seeing as he is the devil? LOL! one of the reasons why Marvel should fix their shit.

this forum should have a ruling on shit like this. not being able to die is such a stupid and lame argument that its being flashed as some sort of instawin argument which is really really lame.

thanos-prime
meh..not really gonna argue about that as its probably true

but one question, who does go to whom? Hela gets dead asgardians who are lame and not worthy of valhala. death gets...ummm...dead cosmic dudes and everyone else who don't have a religion? then mephisto gets...ummm....dead christians seeing as he is the devil? LOL! one of the reasons why Marvel should fix their shit.

this forum should have a ruling on shit like this. not being able to die is such a stupid and lame argument that its being flashed as some sort of instawin argument which is really really lame. I've always assumed death could take whoever she wanted other than that i have no idea.

gogogadgetgo
I've always assumed death could take whoever she wanted other than that i have no idea.

which is what i've always assumed ever since the IG Saga. or maybe death is like the CEO of the death organizations with the death gods being her VPS and stuff LOL.

meh..anyways, on topic, it all depends on the level of GB that Thor uses if it kills Thanos even for a brief moment, in my book, thats a win. even if he comes back to life a second later, he died which is a lose. that GB fluctuates like shit, its seen as capable of giving celestials pause to doing shit to jugs.

if the GB doesnt kill thanos off the bat its over for Thor.

thanos-prime
which is what i've always assumed ever since the IG Saga. or maybe death is like the CEO of the death organizations with the death gods being her VPS and stuff LOL.

meh..anyways, on topic, it all depends on the level of GB that Thor uses if it kills Thanos even for a brief moment, in my book, thats a win. even if he comes back to life a second later, he died which is a lose. that GB fluctuates like shit, its seen as capable of giving celestials pause to doing shit to jugs.

if the GB doesnt kill thanos off the bat its over for Thor. Assuming it's his most powerful GB i think it would turn thanos into a pile of dust.

gogogadgetgo
Assuming it's his most powerful GB i think it would turn thanos into a pile of dust.

agreed, and assuming its the one jugs took thor dies. i'm also inclined to believe that thanos would survive the godblast thor used when his hammer was broken (cant remember for the life of me who he killed)

Silent Master
He would rebound almost instantly from any "KO". He's been atomized and came back like nothing happened. Since we KNOW Death will never claim him, it's just a matter of time before Mjolnir buckles under the pressure of repeated Godblasts then it's game over.

The fight ends with a ko.

Estacado
So when Bob wanted to die and flew to the sun Void brought him back......but he couldn't do the same when Thor smacked him to death do the math....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I wish Quanchi would realize the idiot that he is. But, alas, idiots never see themselves for who they are. I wish for the life of me I could figure out who you are but alas your reputation is lost to us all.

hmmmm....let us use Quan logic shall we? in the B&T thunder arc, thanos admitted that given an hour or so thor would break out of the cube and proceed to beating them all to death. but since it was not shown, it is all hypothetical and did not happen hence it is false.

now applying that to the quote above, thor gave exitar pause but as Quan pointed out, exitar would have easily killed Thor. but he didnt and it is also purely hypothetical and did not happen hence it is false. and exitar cannot kill thor becuase he didnt and it did not happen.

hoooraay for quanchi logic! I said Thanos was probably correct but it wasn't just an hour later it was a few hours iirc since he was stuck in the block for hours and secondly Exiat did prove he can undo Thor and do whatever he wants to him thus it was proven on panel. No speculation to it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
So when Bob wanted to die and flew to the sun Void brought him back......but he couldn't do the same when Thor smacked him to death do the math.... Because Bob/Void wanted to die his entire being for the actions he had recently done whereas the Sentry just temp killed the Void. He decides when he wants to die as proven on panel. The writer explained this already.

Silent Master
He wanted to die, so he went to the person with enough power to kill him.....Thor.

Naija boy
Thanos.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Estacado
So when Bob wanted to die and flew to the sun Void brought him back......but he couldn't do the same when Thor smacked him to death do the math....

did you not read the dialog when he tried to kill himself....obviously not haha...i really dont get how people overlook the dialog of a comic

its not just pretty pictures...there are words that go with it too u kno thumb up

and thanos wins this

vince_slice
And I don't get how that equates to an amp.

Warrior Madness itself doesn't amp Thor. It's Thor going all out. It's a state that higher end Gods (I'm guessing) can enter when made. The closest scene I can think of that supports an amp is the statement from Bill.

Odin was willing to kill him because Thor was dangerous and it possibly could spread. This doesn't equate to an amp either.

If warrior madness is just Thor going all out, then what's the difference between warrior madness and Thor's madness in blood and thunder? Besides the fact that Odin indirectly caused the latter. Both are described by Thor fans as simply Thor not holding back.

zopzop

Hela, Pluto, Ahpuch, Mephisto, and other demons aren't even worthy of being pimples on the ass of Death. She annihilated an entire universe and wiped out the Galactus Engine that was causing Celestials, Aegis/Teneberous and Galactus to flee. The blast was so powerful it was felt before it even reached 616 reality.

If Death says he's not dying, HE IS NOT DYING.

SasuOna
Hela, Pluto, Ahpuch, Mephisto, and other demons aren't even worthy of being pimples on the ass of Death. She annihilated an entire universe and wiped out the Galactus Engine that was causing Celestials, Aegis/Teneberous and Galactus to flee. The blast was so powerful it was felt before it even reached 616 reality.

If Death says he's not dying, HE IS NOT DYING.

The same death that can't kill Dr Strange and has no real power to hold Galactus to death either? laughing

zopzop
Originally posted by SasuOna
The same death that can't kill Dr Strange and has no real power to hold Galactus to death either? laughing

Death has rules it has to follow. It can't just claim lives wily nily. See how the Inbetweener ordered her around, yet she's vastly more powerful than him.

quanchi112
He wanted to die, so he went to the person with enough power to kill him.....Thor. Wanting to die and actively attacking someone are two totally different things, amirite ?

Igniz
If the God Blast weakened Thor and Thanos got back up(after a few hours), then Thanos could still take this.

Thanos FTW

h1a8
If the God blast doesn't ko Thanos then there is no way in hell he is beating a 10x Thor. I don't believe Thanos can beat a 3x Thor. No way in the world.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Igniz
If the God Blast weakened Thor and Thanos got back up(after a few hours), then Thanos could still take this.

Thanos FTW

If Thanos was out of the fight for a few hours....he lost.

D_Dude1210
Current Thanos was VAPORIZED and got back up in several seconds (he was in excruciating pain, but still pretty much a threat). Even if the Godblast blew a hole right thru him, he'd prolly just get back up.

A no-holding-back Thor with the PG couldn't take him down. It'd be a freakin brutal fight, but I think Thanos would still take this.

Silent Master
Actually, Thor w/PG would have taken Thanos down....that's why he used the force-block gun.

D_Dude1210
Actually, Thor w/PG would have taken Thanos down....that's why he used the force-block gun.

There was really no indication of a clear winner on that fight. They were taking it to each other and they were both pretty much well matched for that fight (woulda been nice if they continued it). But from my perspective, the fight would have gone either way.

He used the force-block gun because he had it and he wanted to end an inconvenience, not because he knew he'd lose.

Omega Vision
^ Pretty sure Thor's power was constantly increasing. Had Thanos not force blocked him in all likelihood Thor would have won.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Omega Vision
^ Pretty sure Thor's power was constantly increasing. Had Thanos not force blocked him in all likelihood Thor would have won.

Well, I agree with that logic. But as in any Hulk fight, it doesn't really mean that Thanos would have been unable to bring Thor down before Thor's power levels start going beyond his ability to hurt him. As steadily increasing his power was, we don't have any indication at how fast it was building.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why wouldn't it be stronger than a holding back Odin? point me to any narration that states iron was holding back .. any... what we do know was he was pissed n wanted to put.thanos down plenty of narration there. Iron holding.back.... zero

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin wanted Thanos defeated. He was even expecting Thanos to die. He just wasn't using anywhere near all of his resources to accomplish the goal.

gogogadgetgo
funny how people claim odin was going all out and yet there isnt a single narration either to back their claims. if odin had gone all out as some want to imply, answer me this, why does odin look as fresh as a daisy while only thanos was looking like he got his ass kicked?

superman vs doomsday in dos is going all out..odin vs thanos? no way in hell was odin going all out.

gogogadgetgo
on a side note, its clear that thanos was going all out while odin was...well...taking it easy

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3497/capture03.jpg

JakeTheBank
We're still doing Thanos "stalemating" Odin? thumb up

Silent Master
point me to any narration that states iron was holding back .. any... what we do know was he was pissed n wanted to put.thanos down plenty of narration there. Iron holding.back.... zero

Wanting someone defeated isn't proof that they were going all out.

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
There was really no indication of a clear winner on that fight. They were taking it to each other and they were both pretty much well matched for that fight (woulda been nice if they continued it). But from my perspective, the fight would have gone either way.

He used the force-block gun because he had it and he wanted to end an inconvenience, not because he knew he'd lose.

Actually, Thanos himself stated that once Thor was powerful to break out of the force-block...that they wouldn't stand a chance of beating him.

vince_slice
If warrior madness is just Thor going all out, then what's the difference between warrior madness and Thor's madness in blood and thunder? Besides the fact that Odin indirectly caused the latter. Both are described by Thor fans as simply Thor not holding back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The main differences between Warrior Madness Thor and the one from Blood and Thunder are the delusions and just down right insanity. Warrior Madness Thor ranged from being blood lusted to only rage, but at least he would know friend from foe. It was still the Thor we know, except he was under layers of rage.

The Thor from Blood and Thunder? I wouldn't even call that the real Thor after he descended into the depths of the Madness. It was more of a different personality than anything. It became dominant due to the damage to Thor's psyche/essence by Odin. Every time he created a new Thor like Bill, Norvell and Eric, he weakened Thor as he took a piece of him, and placed it into them.

The inscription says that whoever wields the hammer gets the power of Thor for a reason.

However, it wasn't a split personality in the classic sense; it was more of Thor's inner rage/hatred taking manifestation. The Valkyrie was also a manifestation of this. The mind/soul of an immortal is a powerful thing.

KuRuPT Thanosi
funny how people claim odin was going all out and yet there isnt a single narration either to back their claims. if odin had gone all out as some want to imply, answer me this, why does odin look as fresh as a daisy while only thanos was looking like he got his ass kicked?

superman vs doomsday in dos is going all out..odin vs thanos? no way in hell was odin going all out. I never once said iron was going all out.. never... don't try n change the subject n the.fact that there is zero narration saying odinwas holding.back like u claim. In fact, the narration points to n iron very much upset n trying.to put thanos.down. also as had been ruled on by the mode... a character not doing all he can in a fight or using al their powers doesn't.equal them not trying or holding back. So that doesn't fly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why do you keep calling Odin iron? confused

Silent Master
I never once said iron was going all out.. never... don't try n change the subject n the.fact that there is zero narration saying odinwas holding.back like u claim. In fact, the narration points to n iron very much upset n trying.to put thanos.down. also as had been ruled on by the mode... a character not doing all he can in a fight or using al their powers doesn't.equal them not trying or holding back. So that doesn't fly.

If he wasn't going all out; then by definition, he was holding back.

gogogadgetgo
I never once said iron was going all out.. never... don't try n change the subject n the.fact that there is zero narration saying odinwas holding.back like u claim. In fact, the narration points to n iron very much upset n trying.to put thanos.down. also as had been ruled on by the mode... a character not doing all he can in a fight or using al their powers doesn't.equal them not trying or holding back. So that doesn't fly.

dude? what narrations are you talking about anyways? the only narrations i remember were the on lookers going "um...can we do and crap like that"

plus come on, you've been implying that odin was pissed, odin was mad, odin was yada yada...so yeah, nice try changing your stance but you are indeed implying that odin was going all out. and no, i'm not changing the subject. you keep on demanding for scans or narrations stating that odin was holding back when there is none. but there is also zero narration stating that odin was not holding back. plus the fact that the art and the illustration supports my stance that odin was taking it really easy on thanos.

go look at the comic again, its clear as day that thanos was putting all of his effort into beating odin but odin just casually slaps thanos away.

plus...not doing all he can or using all their powers does ....ummm...wait wut? did i really read that right? not using all their powers or not doing everything they can not equal to them not trying to hold back? really? come on...really?

gogogadgetgo
Why do you keep calling Odin iron? confused

i'm guessing he's using a phone with preemptive text recognition or something.

gogogadgetgo
The main differences between Warrior Madness Thor and the one from Blood and Thunder are the delusions and just down right insanity. Warrior Madness Thor ranged from being blood lusted to only rage, but at least he would know friend from foe. It was still the Thor we know, except he was under layers of rage.

The Thor from Blood and Thunder? I wouldn't even call that the real Thor after he descended into the depths of the Madness. It was more of a different personality than anything. It became dominant due to the damage to Thor's psyche/essence by Odin. Every time he created a new Thor like Bill, Norvell and Eric, he weakened Thor as he took a piece of him, and placed it into them.

The inscription says that whoever wields the hammer gets the power of Thor for a reason.

However, it wasn't a split personality in the classic sense; it was more of Thor's inner rage/hatred taking manifestation. The Valkyrie was also a manifestation of this. The mind/soul of an immortal is a powerful thing.

speaking of red norvel, what ever happened to the guy? last i saw him was when he was talking to thor during the onslaught saga thing then nothing.

here's another question, odin kept on taking parts of thor and slapping it into other hammers..stormbreaker not so sure, but red norvell's hammer indeed had part of thor. so, if thats the case, wouldnt current thor be really weaker than his classic self before red norvell's hammer was created? since afaik, red norvell's hammer wasnt destroyed, so it must be lying around somewhere with a part of thor's power in it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We haven't seen him since the second into the Journey Into Mystery series by Defalco when the Dark Gods attacked.

No, it was outright stated that Odin granted a portion of Thor's power to empower Beta Ray Bill. He took part of what makes him Thor. He did the same to Norvell. And placing him inside Masterson as well as Donald Blake also messed with Thor's essence.

Logically speaking, yes, Thor should be noticeably weaker if it was the power he regularly taps but I'm guessing it's more of Thor's inner godly essence that was placed into the copies. This concept was further touched upon during Thor Corps I believe.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah my stupid phone keeps auto correcting to iron lol. Now, as.I stated forum rules dictate that just because someone.doesn't.use all their powers doesn't mean a character was holding back... why because then in each fight.in most comics we.could go..such n such weren't trying n could say that for pretty much every fight. Why... cause writers don't write characters using all their powers in each fight.n view how characters should n would use their powers varies writer by writer. Thus that isn't a fair premise n conclusion to draw.

Now I suggest u go re read the fight. If u don't know iron was speaking to thanos.that made it very clear he was pissed n wanted thanos down period. Even rage said this. Narration backs that up... holding back... zero

Lastly ur.being hypocritical n don't even know it... u say iron wasn't using all his.powers..he was holding back...yet thanos who didn't try mind rape.... no tk...no matter manipulation.... never used his shields... was going all out bwahaha... u don't even realize u pwned urself lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is that in response to me?

gogogadgetgo
Yeah my stupid phone keeps auto correcting to iron lol. Now, as.I stated forum rules dictate that just because someone.doesn't.use all their powers doesn't mean a character was holding back... why because then in each fight.in most comics we.could go..such n such weren't trying n could say that for pretty much every fight. Why... cause writers don't write characters using all their powers in each fight.n view how characters should n would use their powers varies writer by writer. Thus that isn't a fair premise n conclusion to draw.

good point. though you must admit, even though neither thanos nor odin were using all of their powers, thanos was drawn to be putting a little more effort than odin.

on the the holding back or going all out issue, none of us can really prove anything. so i'll just leave it at that imo, thanos was putting in more effort to win that odin as to me, odin was the clear winner.

by the way, try turning off the preemptive text on your phone's dictionary option or text input, that should turn off the auto correct thingy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.