Hermione and Ron sucks!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aztec

siriuswriter
epic fail.

Rogue Jedi
co-signed.

The Rover

levinaz
Its truly amazing.. I like it...

cpa_parkcity
I agree with you but what can you do?

Arhael
You are unhappy only because Ron's sister was very agly.

Katya
Did you read the books? It was never her and Harry .

no_1_movie_fan
Ron and Hermione always had something throughout the books, despite their falling out.

eezy45
I was convinced of H/Hr until I read the 5th or 6th book. It was becoming obvious, though. And I still agree it's a mismatch... But once a character evolves in one direction, you can't force him or her into your desires. sad
Hermione and Ron just seemed much too childish to actually end up in marriage - they seemed like the puppy love that they'd grow out of when they'd change in time - and Hermione definitely seemed like the type to be attracted to Harry's leadership and his idea of self-sacrifice. Ginny was a character with potential, but JKR didn't make much of her; she could have ended up with Neville and no one would have made a fuss about it. She never became an evolved character in my opinion. This way, it wasn't very difficult to attach her to Harry, but it wasn't really an issue in the plot, nor did it please the reader. Like a convenient character to fill in a simple role.

Well, of course there is fanfiction. I actually read the weirdest shortcut-ultra-happy-ending H/Hr fanfic (starting from the middle of the fifth book) recently and quite enjoyed it. It didn't make much sense and it overdid things in so many ways, but still felt somewhat satisfying. smile

SamZED
Only people who watched the movies first expected Harry and Hermione to get together. Anyone who started with the books knew it's R/H all along.

maham
Originally posted by no_1_movie_fan
Ron and Hermione always had something throughout the books, despite their falling out.
Exactly, I could tell from the first book that they would eventually be together and thank heavens they did!reading
Anyone who thought otherwise should die stick out tongue

taliablythe
Ron and Hermione don't suck that's just your opinion I noticed from book four that there was something happening between Ron and Hermione it was pretty obvious at least to me and when I started reading the Harry Potter books I really didn't read it for the romance at all I only expected it past book 4.

I really like Hermione and Ron because if the way it was written. It's almost always the lead guy gets lead girl and I get tired of it, it's come to a point where it's expected. So I thought it was refreshing.

That being said if Harry did end up with Hermione at some point I think the importance of Ron would be wiped out. Harry never had a family and by marrying Ginny he becomes part of the family he always had. In another world if it was written extremely well and if I hadn't read the Goblet of Fire first I probably wouldn't have minded if Hermione and Harry got together.

But as JK Rowling wrote the books the way she did and I think they are perfection I'm quite happy with the way they turned out. I don't think people should die for wanting Harry and Hermione to be together and not everyone who wants Harry and Hermione to be together hasn't read the books. Alot of of Hermione and Harry Shippers have read the books.

Telpy
I take it I'm the only Dramione shipper here? embarrasment

eezy45
Originally posted by SamZED
Only people who watched the movies first expected Harry and Hermione to get together. Anyone who started with the books knew it's R/H all along.
I actually started with the books and despised the miserably made films. Didn't watch any movie after #4 (#4 and later #5 especially disappointed me) until I finished the 7th book. I still thought Harry and Hermione would be much more interesting. And I hate linear and predictable plots, so bear with me if I preferred not to support obvious developments.

SamZED
Originally posted by eezy45
I actually started with the books and despised the miserably made films. Didn't watch any movie after #4 (#4 and later #5 especially disappointed me) until I finished the 7th book. I still thought Harry and Hermione would be much more interesting. And I hate linear and predictable plots, so bear with me if I preferred not to support obvious developments. What you prefere is a different topic. You can like Harry/Hermione I dont care. Thats not what my post was about. Its one thing to like the idea and a whole different thing to actually expect them to end up together. Anyone who read the books first saw Ron/Hermione coming a mile away and so wasnt upset. Only diehard movie fans cant stop going on and on about how deeply in love they were and I cant blame tbh It was clear to me that the director was sort of going for H/H at first.

maham
Originally posted by taliablythe
I don't think people should die for wanting Harry and Hermione to be together and not everyone who wants Harry and Hermione to be together hasn't read the books. Alot of of Hermione and Harry Shippers have read the books.

Joking girl,joking. I'm pretty sure many have including the starter of this thread.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Telpy
I take it I'm the only Dramione shipper here? embarrasment

*skitters in to say* Anything can happen in Fan-Fiction. wink

CharlieNinjitsu
I disagree I totally ship Ron and hermione always have, also throughout the books Ron and hermione always had something for each other. They are my favourite couple smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.