Shuma-Gorath Vs Cyttorak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1702189-shuma_is_god_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/54474/1450307-zxngf_croper_ru_large.jpeg

Endless Mike
Shuma

CosmicComet
Cyttorak via classic strange always minding his Ps and Qs around him.

Knowsbleed33
Cyttorak.

WhiteWitchKing
Shuma Gorath.

the ninjak
Kid Cthulu Shuma ftw!

GRIMNIR
I want to know who is more powerful of these 2 also confused

Uriel005
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
I want to know who is more powerful of these 2 also confused Shuma by far.

Colossus-Big C
http://i52.tinypic.com/2qtho4p.jpg

Cyttorak>Shuma Gorath>>>>>Zom>Eternity>Galactus

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

I would always have

Eternity>Galactus>>>>>>>>>>Mystical entities

Eternity, Death and Galactus are universal powers and represent 3 faces of the Living Tribunal. They get underpowered too much and other characters get overpowered above them.
Eternity and Infinity represent the entire space time continuum and are virtually omnipotent on a universal scale.

CosmicComet
The Crimson Cosmos exists outside of the entire multiverse anyway.

Utrigita

Colossus-Big C
I would always have

Eternity>Galactus>>>>>>>>>>Mystical entities

Eternity, Death and Galactus are universal powers and represent 3 faces of the Living Tribunal. They get underpowered too much and other characters get overpowered above them.
Eternity and Infinity represent the entire space time continuum and are virtually omnipotent on a universal scale. many mystical entities are universal powers and virtually omnipotent erm

Uriel005
many mystical entities are universal powers and virtually omnipotent erm Comic artists and writers need to work on it's power scaling and come up with some general rules of what defines a class. Honestly the system for street-abstract has become stupidly broken and needs a severe overhaul and until people can generally agree what makes a skyfather a skyfather or an abstract an abstract I firmly believe that the whole system should be thrown out and all forum fights should pick characters and define the timeline that they are coming from for fights and use the feats directly from that arc in a forum debate.

zopzop
Neither of these two have any feats worthy of speaking of. Hell Thor and SS have better on panel feats than either of them.

Having said that, I'd go with Gorath. Despite the fact that Cytorakk doesn't have Gorath's humiliations, he also doesn't have Gorath's ONE decent feat, the Earth simulacrum.

Having said that I'm going to go with Gorath. Earth simulacrum > anything Cytorakk has done on panel.

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by Uriel005
Comic artists and writers need to work on it's power scaling and come up with some general rules of what defines a class. Honestly the system for street-abstract has become stupidly broken and needs a severe overhaul and until people can generally agree what makes a skyfather a skyfather or an abstract an abstract I firmly believe that the whole system should be thrown out and all forum fights should pick characters and define the timeline that they are coming from for fights and use the feats directly from that arc in a forum debate.

Someone said few days ago that Marvel needs complete revamp and retconn and they mentioned DC does this every so often.
I agree too.
Once the hierarchy is then established stories should stick within this hierarchy and not involve stupid plot devices to determine a battle.
Also the constant upgrade of characters such as Superman, Hulk and Thor is pathetic, just tell us what their powers are, where they place and then write all stories involving characters around their level.
Instead of Superman 1 million, why not just keep Superman at his same level and create a new character with same powers as this new Superman?
This wont happen but another thing I would like to see if everyone's powers downgraded so that they are powerful but not stupidly powerful.
For instance a human being mutant can become so powerful they can reality warp the entire UNIVERSE? How would that be possible in any way by just 1 being on 1 planet?
I do have imagination but also I have BS detector.
Stories should focus on characters, rivalries and great battles.

Uriel005
Someone said few days ago that Marvel needs complete revamp and retconn and they mentioned DC does this every so often.
I agree too.
Once the hierarchy is then established stories should stick within this hierarchy and not involve stupid plot devices to determine a battle.
Also the constant upgrade of characters such as Superman, Hulk and Thor is pathetic, just tell us what their powers are, where they place and then write all stories involving characters around their level.
Instead of Superman 1 million, why not just keep Superman at his same level and create a new character with same powers as this new Superman?
This wont happen but another thing I would like to see if everyone's powers downgraded so that they are powerful but not stupidly powerful.
For instance a human being mutant can become so powerful they can reality warp the entire UNIVERSE? How would that be possible in any way by just 1 being on 1 planet?
Stories should focus on characters, rivalries and great battles. Agreed or at least if your going to have someone who has a cosmic power level scale up give more of a reason than "untapped potential" Quicksilver with mists upgrade. Ok I'll buy that. Superman singing DS to death.... um no... Thor taking on glory.... no. If that was the case then Odin would solo all of Marvel with ease and laugh at LT considering the crapton of enchantments seeming to be without limits that he loaded Mjolnir with... not happening.

King Kandy

Conclusive proof Brevoort doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

CortSether

Hahaha, Brevoort is an idiot. His opinion means nothing since he's never written on any of these characters.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by CortSether
Hahaha, Brevoort is an idiot. His opinion means nothing since he's never written on any of these characters.

You're the same fool/zealot that was adamant that Marvel editorial opinion is not high on Cyttorak and that's why they 'keep him out of cosmic events' or something of the sort.

But when an actual top marvel brass states the hierarchy and terms of address that outright contradicts your incessant pleads that Cyttorak is nothing and that Shuma is easily above him, or that Cy is a simple god and not an abstract entity, you move your goal post to one that 'he never wrote them so he's wrong'

I'm sorry that you're butt hurt enough to believe your stance is more credible than something close to "Word of God's". But whatever.

the Darkone

Okay you are on crack for making this statement ^! erm

SG for the win!

Simbon
Considering how badly Shuma defeated Odin, I would say that he takes this handily.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Simbon
Considering how badly Shuma defeated Odin, I would say that he takes this handily. This is news to me! Do you recall which comic this event was from?

Simbon
Originally posted by vansonbee
This is news to me! Do you recall which comic this event was from?

I'm sorry; that was actually a dream I had. Somehow I got confused. Anyway, it happened, but it is probably not cannon.

Tha C-Master
I agree too.
Stories should focus on characters, rivalries and great battles. Maybe they don't do it, because KMC debates wouldn't last long if everyone agreed on a character's place. *cough* Wolverine *cough*

Endless Mike
Shuma

CortSether
Originally posted by CosmicComet
You're the same fool/zealot that was adamant that Marvel editorial opinion is not high on Cyttorak and that's why they 'keep him out of cosmic events' or something of the sort.

But when an actual top marvel brass states the hierarchy and terms of address that outright contradicts your incessant pleads that Cyttorak is nothing and that Shuma is easily above him, or that Cy is a simple god and not an abstract entity, you move your goal post to one that 'he never wrote them so he's wrong'

I'm sorry that you're butt hurt enough to believe your stance is more credible than something close to "Word of God's". But whatever.

Hahaha, wtf are you even talking about?

Brevoort's forum post is not even close to "close to Word of God's" or even official Marvel canon. You sound like that Cyttorak/Juggernaut fanboy Kenshiroo on comicvine laughing

Marvel_Mystic
Cyttorak easily. Cyttorak has all of Juggernaut's feats to his name - like with Trion Juggernaut punching holes through reality and D'Spayre being able to control the fabric of reality with Cyttorak's power. Gorath doesn't have any of that.

Tar-Antado
A lot of these cosmic entities are like posters on battleboards: The entities are omnipotent in their own dimensions as the posters are always correct in their own minds.

CortSether
Originally posted by Marvel_Mystic
Cyttorak easily. Cyttorak has all of Juggernaut's feats to his name - like with Trion Juggernaut punching holes through reality and D'Spayre being able to control the fabric of reality with Cyttorak's power. Gorath doesn't have any of that.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Magik was able to waltz right into Cyttorak's realm and he had no idea who she was. Meanwhile, Strange had to fuse with a chaos lord and all other sorts of black magic just to even reach Shuma's realm without dying from the potency of the realm's energy.

Shuma >>>>> Cyttorak

the Darkone

His statement contradicts whats been display on panel and statements:

1. Cyttorak has no feats what so ever, just pure speculation, Cyttorak could be Elder God status

2. It's been proven Cyttorak was banished to red crimson dimension

3. Shuma Gorath if enters 616 universes would destroy galaxies just because of his presence

feats, statements and panel proof has Eneteriy=FP (Taa II) Galactus> Normal Galactus> Shuma Gorath> > Zom>> Cytorrak

stop wanking Cyttorak!!

Jynocidus
Cytorrak is just cool because of the limitless power he can grant someone who has free will. I don't think Cytorrak has any real authority like Galactus, but at the same time neither does Shuma Gorath. I'd say as long as Cytorrak wants to win he probably could but if he succumbs to being ridiculously angry Shuma can probably win

i don't think it'd be a stomp for either side, it could go either way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.