Which X-Men would be most dangerous to US?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Imagine each of the following X-Men is transported to OUR world. And their mission is to create as much havoc and mayhem as possible. Who would be most dangerous?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyclops

Wolverine

Colossus

Rogue

Gambit

Nightcrawler

juggernaut74
Cycops or nightcrawler. Liquid nitrogen would do wonders on most of these guys.

The Nuul
Storm, just look at what mother nature did to Japan.

Imagine Storm making planet wide tsunamis and tornados etc...

Compared to mother nature, we are nothing.

Starscream M
Originally posted by The Nuul
Storm, just look at what mother nature did to Japan.

Imagine Storm making planet wide tsunamis and tornados etc...

Compared to mother nature, we are nothing. you're right. I removed Storm from the list.

Parmaniac
This depends on the scenario

Is the world aware of their presence?

Where do they start?

Overall I agree with Storm, but depending on the scenario it could also be Wolverine, Cyks and maybe NC

PLUS: What are Rogues powers here?

ExodusCloak
If Storm is gone then Rogue. I'd say if Rogue absorbs the right infomration from the right people she could start a nucleur holocaust.

The Nuul
Because we read their comic books does that mean we know everything about them? Like all it takes is some comic nut to walk up to our militarys and tell them how to beat this comic character.

Sin I AM
colossus, he's the only one who could plausibly tank a nuke, and i dont see liquid nitrogen doing squat to him

Anansi
I say storm is the most dangerous to humanity as a whole due to her control over the weather. Id say the rest are not nearly as dangerous imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
This depends on the scenario

Is the world aware of their presence?

Where do they start?

Overall I agree with Storm, but depending on the scenario it could also be Wolverine, Cyks and maybe NC

PLUS: What are Rogues powers here? the world is not aware of their presence when they arrive.

they start in NYC.

I removed Storm from list.

Rogue's classic abilities (ie superstrength, flight, and ability to absorb lifeforce)

The Nuul
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
If Storm is gone then Rogue. I'd say if Rogue absorbs the right infomration from the right people she could start a nucleur holocaust.

She can asborb intelligence?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Sin I AM
colossus, he's the only one who could plausibly tank a nuke, and i dont see liquid nitrogen doing squat to him he cannot tank a nuke imo

The Nuul
We wouldnt use liquid nitrogen anyways, its probably not even in weapon form anwyays.

ExodusCloak

Rogue could always steal intelligence and memories. I'd say she can start off small. Start absorbing people on the lower end. Use that information to work up the ladder. And then get launch codes etc...

She could probably clean out a country's savings or bring about an economic collapse with the right kind of knowledge.

GRIMNIR
Rogue because she could take on the power of the other characters depending on which power she needed at the time

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Starscream M
he cannot tank a nuke imo

he's one of the most durable bricks there is, y not? and if not outright tank it he sure as hell can survive in the blast radius

ExodusCloak
he's one of the most durable bricks there is, y not? and if not outright tank it he sure as hell can survive in the blast radius

If he falls into a giant hole and they fill it up with cement, I'd say he'd die or at least be stuck.

Parmaniac

Anansi
Why does it matter if he can tank a nuke hes not that much of a threat to the world to begin with whats he gonna do pull a hulk and take out a city block.

Starscream M
cyclops could be one of the most destructive

he could just wear his ruby glasses, and randomly let out blasts that take out entire buildings.

nobody would ever know its him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Anansi
Why does it matter if he can tank a nuke hes not that much of a threat to the world to begin with whats he gonna do pull a hulk and take out a city block. lol true

colossus isn't all that dangerous imo, he can't even jump like hulk, so he'd be relatively easy to track

Sin I AM
If he falls into a giant hole and they fill it up with cement, I'd say he'd die or at least be stuck.

lmao, a 100 tonner, real world scenario...would not be stopped by a freaking hole and some g%$dam$ cement

ExodusCloak

he could just wear his ruby glasses, and randomly let out blasts that take out entire buildings.

He has human durability though. They'll eventually cop on to him. Storm is obviously the person who could do the most damage by sitting in a desert somewhere and no body would know what the hell is going on.

lmao, a 100 tonner, real world scenario...would not be stopped by a freaking hole and some g%$dam$ cement

If the hole is big enough and if it's wet cement or some sort of quicksand and he can't gain any leverage he'll be screwed no matter how strong he is, he's just a brick. Plus he needs to breath IRRC.

Also acid has eaten through his metal hide. Drop him in a hole of acid.

Anansi

no one would notice a guy with giant red beams coming from his head knocking down buildings i say someone concerned citizen or cop shoots him in the back while hes busy knocking down buildings.

Starscream M
no one would notice a guy with giant red beams coming from his head knocking down buildings i say someone concerned citizen or cop shoots him in the back while hes busy knocking down buildings. cyke could let out a blast in literally 2 seconds

no one would even be aware, and once the blast hits, you would look at the crumbling building

even if you think you saw a man with red beams come out of his eyes, you'd prob think you were mistaken and focus on the building crumbling in front of you

Silent Master
no one would notice a guy with giant red beams coming from his head knocking down buildings i say someone concerned citizen or cop shoots him in the back while hes busy knocking down buildings.

Yea.....Because Scott isn't smart enough to scout out the area before doing something like that.

ExodusCloak
Nightcrawler could easily assassinate the U.S. president and make it look like it was a terrorist attack from another country.

Anansi
I think the thread needs to be changed to who can cause the most mayhem in a city because none of these characters other than storm is a national threat let alone global.

Sin I AM
he does not need to breathe in metal form...his makeup is similar to osmium thats all, and all he'd need to do run thru a couple of the 70 nuclear reactors we have here in the u.s.

ExodusCloak
he does not need to breathe in metal form...his makeup is similar to osmium thats all, and all he'd need to do run thru a couple of the 70 nuclear reactors we have here in the u.s.

I think their have been instances of him needing to breathe. Regardless a nuke would KO him. When he's KO'd he usually reverts to human form.

Plus acid has eaten through his skin before, afterwards Deathbird impaled him. And Riptide managed to damage it as well.

Starscream M
Nightcrawler could easily assassinate the U.S. president and make it look like it was a terrorist attack from another country. but nightcrawler stands out too much...I mean he's a blue freak with a tail

ExodusCloak
but nightcrawler stands out too much...I mean he's a blue freak with a tail

Do it at night time. He's invisible in shadows. That's a power a lot of writers forget he has. Not sure if he still had that image inducer.

Starscream M
I think the thread needs to be changed to who can cause the most mayhem in a city because none of these characters other than storm is a national threat let alone global. storm isn't part of the thread anymore

Sin I AM
I think their have been instances of him needing to breathe. Regardless a nuke would KO him. When he's KO'd he usually reverts to human form.

Plus acid has eaten through his skin before, afterwards Deathbird impaled him. And Riptide managed to damage it as well.

this is a real world scenario. There is no Deathdird, there is no Riptide, there is not 3000 degree plus vat of acid thats going to stay that temperature while the goverment airlifts it and Piotr waits patiently for them to drop it on him gtfoh...all he needs to do is damage the reactor and get out of there, no conventional weapon is putting him down and outside of plot device i;e some big friggin hole and alot of cement, he aint being stopped

The Nuul
Because we read their comic books does that mean we know everything about them? Like all it takes is some comic nut to walk up to our militarys and tell them how to beat this comic character.

?????

ExodusCloak
this is a real world scenario. There is no Deathdird, there is no Riptide, there is not 3000 degree plus vat of acid thats going to stay that temperature while the goverment airlifts it and Piotr waits patiently for them to drop it on him gtfoh...all he needs to do is damage the reactor and get out of there, no conventional weapon is putting him down and outside of plot device i;e some big friggin hole and alot of cement, he aint being stopped

Who said anything about a 3000 degree vat of acid? It doesn't have to be that temperature and you don't need to drop the acid on Peter. Throw a sigma aldrich bottle of it at him.Or use a specially designed super soaker.

He'll catch us all off guard with the first reactor he destroys. We'll soak him on the way to his next reactor.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4346/61552516.jpg

Colossus-Big C
If he falls into a giant hole and they fill it up with cement, I'd say he'd die or at least be stuck. lol? colossus puched his way out from under a mountain before, wtf is cement going to do.
besides how are the going to get him in the hole in the first place, and even if they did is he going to sit there and let them pour cement over him?

TheLordofMurder

Silent Master
Cyclops, he has the right mix of power and tactics/strategy to be the most dangerous.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
lol? colossus puched his way out from under a mountain before, are you serious?

You mean in the Savage Land? Where he had leverage, and aid from Cyclops and Banshee.

Also he would need leverage for that.

besides how are the going to get him in the hole in the first place, and even if they did is he going to sit there and let them pour cement over him?

He'd fall into it when they use missiles against him.

It be deep enough that he'd have to climb out of it. Rather then jump. They'd have helicopters on the ready to pour the cement.

Forget cement shower him in acid.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
??????????

Where the hell did you come up with 3000 to 4000 degrees Celsius for the temperature created by a nuke!?

FYI, Atomic Bombs (even small ones like the ones used on Japan during World War 2) attain temperatures of more than 500,000 degrees F...

And energy released from a fusion detonation (an H-Bomb) is intense enough to exceed 10 million degrees F....

But to get back on topic, the "Big-C" has no chance in hell of withstanding a ground zero nuclear detonation of any type... You're right I slipped to the wrong temps, should have realised that myself.

Colossus-Big C

erm

1.acid eating through his skin will do what exactly? colossus is not just skin his interior is also osmium

2. colossus has been upgraded quite much after the riptide incident, infact he has tanked the same riptide after his upgrade without even a scratch.

3. wasnt death bied the guy who used plasma knifes that were as hot as the core of the sun? thats roughly millions of degrees

The Nuul
Most likely that Cyke has the best chance.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
??????????

Where the hell did you come up with 3000 to 4000 degrees Celsius for the temperature created by a nuke!?

FYI, Atomic Bombs (even small ones like the ones used on Japan during World War 2) attain temperatures of more than 500,000 degrees F...

And energy released from a fusion detonation (an H-Bomb) is intense enough to exceed 10 million degrees F....

But to get back on topic, the "Big-C" has no chance in hell of withstanding a ground zero nuclear detonation of any type... why not? he survived being in the core of a planet did he not.

marwash22
Gambit. he could just start chargin' shit.

ExodusCloak
erm

1.acid eating through his skin will do what exactly? colossus is not just skin his interior is also osmium

2. colossus has been upgraded quite much after the riptide incident, infact he has tanked the same riptide after his upgrade without even a scratch.

3. wasnt death bied the guy who used plasma knifes that were as hot as the core of the sun? thats roughly millions of degrees

I will post the second page.

And no Deathbird impaled him with a metal pole.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3421/uncannyxmen156page8.jpg

TheLordofMurder
why not? he survived being in the core of a planet did he not.

The core of a planet...even a gas giant like Jupiter...doesnt have a temperature anywhere close to that of a nuclear detonation.

Sin I AM
1st off, there is noway that he will get nuked....its not. no country is willing to do that. so leave the nuke argument alone

chomperx9
xavier, hed whipe everyone in town out cold

Colossus-Big C

He'd fall into it when they use missiles against him.

. anything short of an atomic bomb isnt going to budge colossus.

colossus tanks a war head point blank (that was made to kill him)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/977590-colossusbombunc197.jpg

Colossus-Big C

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3421/uncannyxmen156page8.jpg thats clearly pis

ExodusCloak
anything short of an atomic bomb isnt going to budge colossus.

The downside to operating in the real world is that real world physics and logic applies. Colossus only weighs so much in that form.

I told you acid for the win.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by marwash22
Gambit. he could just start chargin' shit. then they snipe him smile

ExodusCloak
thats clearly pis

PIS? That's an early issue. Claremont is the writer. Hardly PIS. Acid ate through his armour, and Deathbird impaled him.

Anansi
anything short of an atomic bomb isnt going to budge colossus.

Looks pretty damn ambiguous to me what kind of warhead was it what was the payload? Either way a point blank nuke can be hotter than the sun so its all irrelevant he wouldn't exist anymore.

srankmissingnin

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3421/uncannyxmen156page8.jpg

Colossus' durability was upgraded after Ripetide tore him up. Anything prior to that is irrelevant.

Lord Feron
WOuld hitting colossus with a railgun be that bad to him?

Or if we use somekind of super magnets to hold colossus ?

Classic Rogue. IMO She is fast enough to dodge conventional weapons tough enough to withstand the ones that can hit her. And if she ever gets weak she can just adbsorb the people around her. She could fly and break into anywhere pretty much quickly.

marwash22
then they snipe him smile

bermm ...and?

Imagine each of the following X-Men is transported to OUR world. And their mission is to create as much havoc and mayhem as possible. Who would be most dangerous? Gambit could take out major metropolitan areas and kill thousands in just a few hours. Cyclops could reasonably do the same thing, but Gambit could do it without causing a scene. It would be a very long time before they caught Gambit, meanwhile billions in damage and thousand, maybe millions of lives.

Colossus-Big C
o

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Colossus' durability was upgraded after Ripetide tore him up. Anything prior to that is irrelevant.

I don't think the upgrade would change the chemical composition of his armour.

Silent Master
then they snipe him smile

Did you hear the rumor going around about Gambit being rather sneaky?

Parmaniac
then they use a very big sniper rifle and fire nukes at him.

Silent Master
How do they know who to shoot at?

Parmaniac
There's something called collateral damage stick out tongue

Silent Master
There is also something called leaving the area before they can launch a nuke.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Colossus' durability was upgraded after Ripetide tore him up. Anything prior to that is irrelevant. That's right. In fact Riptide attacked him after that and his stars just bounced off, Colossus himself was surprised.

marwash22
you're being trolled.

juggernaut74
I don't think the upgrade would change the chemical composition of his armour. That was a alien acid anyways. I do also think there is a scan showing acid not having any effect on him.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Silent Master
There is also something called leaving the area before they can launch a nuke. Dude I wasn't serious, the fact that I said they shoot nukes with a big sniper rifle should be a clear indicator for that.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Dude I wasn't serious, the fact that I said they shoot nukes with a big sniper rifle should be a clear indicator for that.

I wasn't sure....but I figured responding would at least keep other people from running with the argument.

StyleTime
In terms of immediate damage, Cyclops is probably number one here. Noone is aware of his presence; he can literally just spin around blasting the city to nothing. Anyone who might report the phenomenon will be killed. It'd be a while before anyone discovered him, especially if he keeps on the move.

Gambit is another good mention simply because noone would know he did it. He could just use his time delay charges to remain secret and even toss out cards from inconspicuous locations.

Over a long period of time, they'd probably all wreak a good amount of havoc without CIS.

marwash22
the correct answer is Gambit. estahuh

Decimus
I would say wolverine he cannot be killed for long- he regenerates from nukes, has bullet dodging speed and can easily over throw any military or government single handedly. 10/10

carver9
Rogue. She is nigh invulnerable. She has already survived 2 nukes hitting her dead on. She has super strength, super speed and flight. She doesn't need to breathe, she has precog... etc, etc...

Rogue could possibly wipe us clean and even if a war head was shot, she has the speed feats to fly off before it hit.

Decimus
But wolverine has teh adamantium sad

marwash22
what's he gonna do? I guess he could go on a killing spree; he could probably kill a couple hundred before he gets hunted down... then he'll spend the rest of life in some underground CIA base getting experimented on.

StyleTime
the correct answer is Gambit. estahuh
The correct answer is wuteva I say it is. uhuh

Lord Feron
Originally posted by carver9
Rogue. She is nigh invulnerable. She has already survived 2 nukes hitting her dead on. She has super strength, super speed and flight. She doesn't need to breathe, she has precog... etc, etc...

Rogue could possibly wipe us clean and even if a war head was shot, she has the speed feats to fly off before it hit.

agreed

Sin I AM
rogue survived two nukes? who had she absorbed

StyleTime
I let her have a fraction of the power in a single hair off my head.

carver9
rogue survived two nukes? who had she absorbed

She was at her classic levels. It happened during the time Magneto and the acolytes attacked Genosha. Him and Rogue was in the sky conversing and Magneto took control of two jets that had nuclear devices as weapons and hit Rogue in the back with them.

It knocked her out temporarily but she was ok... didn't suffer any physical damage.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmm are you sure there were nukes or missles with warheads, i find it hard to believe she tanked two...issue number? i gotta see the context

Uriel005
Most damage would definitely be gambit. He charges the biggest building he can find on a time delay by leaning up against it and walks away.

carver9
hmmmmmm are you sure there were nukes or missles with warheads, i find it hard to believe she tanked two...issue number? i gotta see the context

I don't have the issue number on hand. I can try to find it when I go home... I have the comic.

Sin I AM
I don't have the issue number on hand. I can try to find it when I go home... I have the comic.

thanx sugah

illadelph12
Imagine each of the following X-Men is transported to OUR world. And their mission is to create as much havoc and mayhem as possible. Who would be most dangerous?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyclops

Wolverine

Colossus

Rogue

Gambit

Nightcrawler

Of the characters listed, I think in our real world Nightcrawler would cause the most havoc and mayhem, and not because of his being the most powerful or able to kill people himself, but because of his appearance and the saturation of cameras, video, and media in modern society leading to a high degree of social unrest. When footage of a 'real' blue demonic creature walking around in public and teleporting around evading and fighting the police hits the news and web, internationally all of the world's fanatics would start rioting as they'd see it as either an alien invasion/first contact, or some demonic creature that's part of prophecy from the book of Revelations (or both). People would be acting a damn fool looting, killing, mass suicide cults, etc.

Sin I AM
but he'd be one of the easiest to detect and kill

psycho gundam
any of them just have to have a lot of children, their dna will do the rest

inimalist
Originally posted by illadelph12
Of the characters listed, I think in our real world Nightcrawler would cause the most havoc and mayhem, and not because of his being the most powerful or able to kill people himself, but because of his appearance and the saturation of cameras, video, and media in modern society leading to a high degree of social unrest. When footage of a 'real' blue demonic creature walking around in public and teleporting around evading and fighting the police hits the news and web, internationally all of the world's fanatics would start rioting as they'd see it as either an alien invasion/first contact, or some demonic creature that's part of prophecy from the book of Revelations (or both). People would be acting a damn fool looting, killing, mass suicide cults, etc.

intereting point

his powers would probably seem the most incomprehendable to people as well

marwash22
Originally posted by inimalist
intereting point

his powers would probably seem the most incomprehendable to people as well kinda.

Rogue would be hard to explain, so would a giant metal dude wrecking buildings.

inimalist
kinda.

Rogue would be hard to explain, so would a giant metal dude wrecking buildings.

I think draining someone's energy or a metal person would be less jarring to people perceptually than teleportation would be...

idk, just imho of course

Starscream M
I think draining someone's energy or a metal person would be less jarring to people perceptually than teleportation would be...

idk, just imho of course really? a metal person would be less jarring than teleportation? I'd disagree

inimalist
eh, a big, strong, metal person is just really an extension of physical "schemas" (... classifications of things by their qualities) we already have for people. Like, we use the term "tank" to describe large people, we already make that kind of connection mentally.

We have no experience with things coming into and out of reality. It would be a huge shock to see something just "appear" or "disappear", our minds literally have no way of comprehending it.

lol, /nerd

Starscream M

We have no experience with things coming into and out of reality. It would be a huge shock to see something just "appear" or "disappear", our minds literally have no way of comprehending it.

lol, /nerd we actually have in some sense

magicians do disappearing and reappearing tricks all the time

teleportation has been a steady part of both science fiction and fantasy

hence, ppl learning about nightcrawler the first time would prob naturally assume it was an elaborate hoax with special effects or illusions

seeing a man fire wide beam of red energy or a steel man lifting cars would be more impressive in my opinion

psycho gundam
which one will keep truckin even after being shot at?

go with that one

marwash22
seeing a man fire wide beam of red energy people would probably write that off as technology.Originally posted by psycho gundam
which one will keep truckin even after being shot at?

go with that one heh.

Gambit's the only person who could blend into society and cause destruction at the same time. Over time, he'd 'cause the most trouble 'cause no one would ever know he was responsible.

Sin I AM
nightcrawler really isnt that impressive at all in the physical sense......a human leech or a metallic man lifting hundreds of tons is way more "whoa" worthy

Starscream M

Gambit's the only person who could blend into society and cause destruction at the same time. Over time, he'd 'cause the most trouble 'cause no one would ever know he was responsible. doesn't he have red and black eyes....I'm sure that would make it a bit harder to blend in

inimalist
hence, ppl learning about nightcrawler the first time would prob naturally assume it was an elaborate hoax with special effects or illusions

seeing a man fire wide beam of red energy or a steel man lifting cars would be more impressive in my opinion

I think that almost proves my point

we can only look to illusions or hoaxes to comprehend something like teleportation, whereas these other powers are congruent with our assumptions about physical reality

lol, I'm not trying to say they wouldn't be hugely jarring

StyleTime
To be honest, I think the "wow" factor of all these guys is fairly interchangeable. Eye lasers and reforming the right half of your torso in minutes would probably garner as many "HOLY SHIT" responses as teleporting would.

On the other hand, the demon appearance might set Nightcrawler slightly above the rest though.

marwash22
doesn't he have red and black eyes....I'm sure that would make it a bit harder to blend in errr, contacts? wink.

illadelph12
You guys really think that our society would be able to rationalize a blue demonic looking humanoid with a prehensile tail, giant two toed feet and 3 fingered hands, bluish-black fur, the ability to blend into shadows to the point of turning virtually invisible, can rapidly teleport from point to point, and is superhumanly agile and elusive to the point that our authorities have no means of capyuring him? Colossus could be rationalized away as a man in some advanced military armor running amok. Covering up videos of Nightcrawler the way he looks porting around Times Square and beating down the NYPD and National Guard effortlessly going viral on the web and news would cause global panic. It'd get millions of youtube views and posts in hours. Look how widespread the Charlie Sheen and Zangiefkid videos spread in the last few weeks. Imagine what video of a real life demon/alien would do.

Sin I AM
You guys really think that our society would be able to rationalize a blue demonic looking humanoid with a prehensile tail, giant two toed feet and 3 fingered hands, bluish-black fur, the ability to blend into shadows to the point of turning virtually invisible, can rapidly teleport from point to point, and is superhumanly agile and elusive to the point that our authorities have no means of capyuring him? Colossus could be rationalized away as a man in some advanced military armor running amok. Covering up videos of Nightcrawler the way he looks porting around Times Square and beating down the NYPD and National Guard effortlessly going viral on the web and news would cause global panic. It'd get millions of youtube views and posts in hours. Look how widespread the Charlie Sheen and Zangiefkid videos spread in the last few weeks. Imagine what video of a real life demon/alien would do.

are you saying it would simply be more shocking, or that it would cause widespread panic?

Starscream M
I don't think we could rationalize NC, but nor could we rationalize a flying woman, or a man who could destroy a mountain with beams out of his eyes

I don't find NC any harder to rationalize than several of the others

psycho gundam
danger though

inimalist
are you saying it would simply be more shocking, or that it would cause widespread panic?

one probably leads to the next

Sin I AM
one probably leads to the next

meh i realise the masses are pretty dumb...but widespead panic? especially in such a localized area that kurt will be forced to work in? nah...it'd be more curiosity than anything

marwash22
You guys really think that our society would be able to rationalize a blue demonic looking humanoid with a prehensile tail, giant two toed feet and 3 fingered hands, bluish-black fur, the ability to blend into shadows to the point of turning virtually invisible, can rapidly teleport from point to point, and is superhumanly agile and elusive to the point that our authorities have no means of capyuring him? Colossus could be rationalized away as a man in some advanced military armor running amok. Covering up videos of Nightcrawler the way he looks porting around Times Square and beating down the NYPD and National Guard effortlessly going viral on the web and news would cause global panic. It'd get millions of youtube views and posts in hours. Look how widespread the Charlie Sheen and Zangiefkid videos spread in the last few weeks. Imagine what video of a real life demon/alien would do. i don't think anyone disagrees with your point.

Me personally, i just think the physical destruction Gambit would cause would be more damaging than the theological breakdown Nightcrawler would cause.

Starscream M
meh i realise the masses are pretty dumb...but widespead panic? especially in such a localized area that kurt will be forced to work in? nah...it'd be more curiosity than anything I agree

kurt operates on a small scale

ppl will be freaked...but there wont be mass panic. sure, certain religious sects and cults will go crazy, but overall population will not panic.

but if you see cyclops take down a skyscraper with red eye beams, I think then the public will panic.

illadelph12

Panic and fanaticism based on his appearance and ability to appear and disappear anywhere. People would think it was an alien/demonic invasion.

StyleTime
I was talking more about the "wow" factor. I don't think it'd be anymore awe inspiring than Rogue, who'd practically look like Superman to us. Or footage of Scott obliterating any random area with eye lasers.

I certainly don't mean to say we'd sit around and not care about Kurt running amok. I'd personally be quite frightened.

Footage of any of these people doing their thing would be the most watched events.....in human history I'd imagine.

illadelph12
I agree

kurt operates on a small scale

ppl will be freaked...but there wont be mass panic. sure, certain religious sects and cults will go crazy, but overall population will not panic.

but if you see cyclops take down a skyscraper with red eye beams, I think then the public will panic.

Lol

You think there wouldn't be mass panic if our real world thought we were being invaded by aliens/demons? You give our society way too much credit. A natural disaster or bad result from a court case/election in some areas causes 'civilized' people to resort to baseline behavior of rioting, looting, raping, killing, etc. Evidence of demonic/alien life going viral on the web and being covered on Anderson 360 would just be written off?

Smh...

Starscream M
Lol

You think there wouldn't be mass panic if our real world thought we were being invaded by aliens/demons? You give our society way too much credit. A natural disaster or bad result from a court case/election in some areas causes 'civilized' people to resort to baseline behavior of rioting, looting, raping, killing, etc. Evidence of demonic/alien life going viral on the web and being covered on Anderson 360 would just be written off?

Smh... I think our society as a whole is extremely skeptical...how many ppl you think will believe it even if it were reported?

I mean, if I saw it on the news, I would assume it was some nut who was using some good illusion methods to get fame

I wouldn't immediately think it was an alien/demonic invasion

whereas if I see Scott blow a mountain or a building with his eye beams, I'm gonna be shocked and scared shitless

but maybe thats just me

Sin I AM
Panic and fanaticism based on his appearance and ability to appear and disappear anywhere. People would think it was an alien/demonic invasion.

hmmmmmmmm............i dunno, i live in the hood...i really dont see the brothers from up the block running scared because nightcrawler teleported into the white house

Starscream M
^lol

WHAAM!
Classic Rogue, she is supersonic, durable and strong. She also has her absorbing abilities. I think she would probably be faster than most missiles aimed at her.

Omega Vision
But Furries would rejoice.

Uriel005
Originally posted by WHAAM!
Classic Rogue, she is supersonic, durable and strong. She also has her absorbing abilities. I think she would probably be faster than most missiles aimed at her. point is though Gambit of all the x-men had the most potential for destruction bar none. IIRC there was never limit on the extent of his kinetic charge except for time. If he really wanted to he could start charging the planet as a whole assuming that he is unconcerned with his own survival.

marwash22
dunno about that. Also, it's not necessary, all he has to do is charge office and residential buildings. He could kill thousands of people everyday without ever being a suspect.

all that damage and all those lives lost... without anyone knowing the source would certainly cause a ruckus.

Starscream M
dunno about that. Also, it's not necessary, all he has to do is charge office and residential buildings. He could kill thousands of people everyday without ever being a suspect.

all that damage and all those lives lost... without anyone knowing the source would certainly cause a ruckus. but can he outrun the explosion?

Silent Master
Time delay.

Starscream M
Time delay. how long can he delay the explosion?

marwash22
not sure. I do know it would need to be a considerable delay 'cause iirc, the larger the object, the bigger the explosion is. If he were to charge an entire building (or even a portion of it), he'd need to get far away to avoid the blast.

carver9
The thing people are failing to realize is the U.S will not have the tools or the power to take classic rogue out. She can wipe a city clean without any worries.

marwash22
Rogue kills everyone... then what? the question is, who can 'cause the most damage. if she wrecks everything, it over. Gambit can destroy stuff for years without ever being caught. To me, widespread panic and turmoil that lasts for decades > wiping everything out in a week.

WHAAM!
The thing people are failing to realize is the U.S will not have the tools or the power to take classic rogue out. She can wipe a city clean without any worries.

Easily, she is classic Ms. Marvel ffs in real terms.

Uriel005
Rogue kills everyone... then what? the question is, who can 'cause the most damage. if she wrecks everything, it over. Gambit can destroy stuff for years without ever being caught. To me, widespread panic and turmoil that lasts for decades > wiping everything out in a week. my point is that if the case is who causes the most destruction then gambit if he isn't concerned about his life could in theory charge the whole planet to blow. Thats a scary thought.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Uriel005
my point is that if the case is who causes the most destruction then gambit if he isn't concerned about his life could in theory charge the whole planet to blow. Thats a scary thought.

he doesnt have that sort of power post new son

illadelph12
Wait, is everyone equating "mayhem and havoc" as stated in the OP with simple destruction?

inimalist
Cyclops: Has potentially the highest DPS, but might also go down the fastest. If he sticks to hit and run stuff, he could go for years, though I think we might be selling the cops short... His tactical knowledge makes him a huge threat.

Wolverine: He would bo so difficults to kill or contain, but has a very limited ability to destroy stuff. Not that people couldn't get creative. However, I def don't think he is one of the most threatening

Colossus: Would be so hard to put down, especially if he stayed in civilian centers where they wouldn't use heavy weapons. could cause disgusting amounts of damage to infrastructure and massive civilian and military deaths. Could easily be the most dangerous on the list, however, his strength does sort of work against his longeviety, as the most destructive he becomes, the more justifed the army is in hitting him with stronger munitions, and I'm sure someting short of a nuke will put him down.

Rogue: Same as colossus, only her mobility and energy absorbtion gives her a huge advantage. She also has a better chance of slipping into civilian life after attacking, as she is always strong and durable, whereas colossus becomes a normal human as Piotr. I don't think she is as durable as colossus, so a smaller munition might put her down, but she is far faster, so it will be way harder to hit her.

Gambit: Like cyclops, he really only has the hit and run angle. He could of course do this to great success, dropping buildings and car bombing, or what have you, but he lacks the sort of all out destructive power that might save him in a full out assault with armed forces. For cyclops, when the cops or the army finally do catch on (and they will, CCTV is everywhere), he has enough firepower to overwhelm them for a tactical retreat, whereas Gambit is going to be a little more in the open.

Nightcrawler : would be the most psychologically traumatic for us. Not that he could do the most damage in terms of loss of property or impact on the economy or in body count, but if CIS is off, say he teleports off the heads of 400 people in a mall. I think that kind of stuff, while not damaging in terms of how much stuff is broken, might effect people's day to day lives in a greater way. and he looks creepy, crrrrrrrrrrreepy!

Starscream M
^ I like your analysis

Colossus can blend in too...everytime he destroys a big chunk, he can then transform back to human form and run along with everyone else

Omega Vision
Wait, is everyone equating "mayhem and havoc" as stated in the OP with simple destruction?
Shut mouth.

Me bash you with club.

(What's caveman for no homo?)

inimalist
^ I like your analysis

Colossus can blend in too...everytime he destroys a big chunk, he can then transform back to human form and run along with everyone else

oh, for sure, my thoughts are that he would just be more vulnerable in that form than would someone like rogue. Rogue might be easier to identify, so there is a possible trade off

Starscream M
oh, for sure, my thoughts are that he would just be more vulnerable in that form than would someone like rogue. Rogue might be easier to identify, so there is a possible trade off true

yeah, rogue wouldn't be able to blend in because she has the same form regardless

Omega Vision
Idk about Colossus easily blending in. He's a pretty big guy.

If someone sees him transform or recognizes him based on similarities then everyone will know to look for a 6'6" bodybuilder type.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Idk about Colossus easily blending in. He's a pretty big guy.

If someone sees him transform or recognizes him based on similarities then everyone will know to look for a 6'6" bodybuilder type. well, he would have to transform with no one around...but considering how quickly the process is, it shouldnt be a problem

it doesn't matter how jacked he is...cops will be looking for a 7 foot metal guy, not just any tall jacked guy

inimalist
man, for once it would be tall, athletic white men being unnecessarily hauled off by the cops

Starscream M
man, for once it would be tall, athletic white men being unnecessarily hauled off by the cops not really...how would they know colossus is a tall white man?

Silent Master
Well, when they see him transform....that will be a rather large clue.

Starscream M
Well, when they see him transform....that will be a rather large clue. well, why would he ever transform out in the open?

he wouldn't

he would only transform once he was in isolation

inimalist
not really...how would they know colossus is a tall white man?

it was a bad attempt at a joke, sorry

Silent Master
And how does he reach "isolation" when there would be an entire army chasing him?

StyleTime
it was a bad attempt at a joke, sorry
Well, I thought it was funny.

Starscream's humor is far more evolved than ours though.

D_Dude1210
I think rogue's ability to drain ppl's memories coupled with her physical powers and her mobility (flight) would make her the biggest threat.

With a little research and after capturing a few "key" individuals and just draining the memories from them, she can possibly just get her hands into some fissionable plutonium and then start nuking places at her leisure.

Mindset
Dust.

She's Arab.

inimalist
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I think rogue's ability to drain ppl's memories coupled with her physical powers and her mobility (flight) would make her the biggest threat.

With a little research and after capturing a few "key" individuals and just draining the memories from them, she can possibly just get her hands into some fissionable plutonium and then start nuking places at her leisure.

the closer she gets to those people though, the more likely she is to be identified. I'd actually say Wolverine would have the best chance of any on that list at obtaining codes and such, which actually makes him a bit more dangerous, even if it seems out of character for him.

jalek moye
the closer she gets to those people though, the more likely she is to be identified. I'd actually say Wolverine would have the best chance of any on that list at obtaining codes and such, which actually makes him a bit more dangerous, even if it seems out of character for him.

Yeah he'd be very dangerous in that sense, in many ways that revolve mroe then simply breaking stuff. As a slashin guy he while he could kill shitload of people and would be very hard to contain, wouldn't do much to the world as a whole. Using all of his skills for more of indirect way or to utilize other's resources through those skills he could be very dangerous.

Blair Wind

Just so prove was given:

Gets a lifetimes worth of bomb training:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Ethereal07/MarvelIcons-Rogue03-16.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Ethereal07/MarvelIcons-Rogue03-17.jpg

Absorbs a lifetime of ninjutsu training:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Ethereal07/rogue1020.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Ethereal07/rogue1021.jpg

marwash22
Wait, is everyone equating "mayhem and havoc" as stated in the OP with simple destruction? pretty much.

We all read (and i think we all agreed with) your point about Nightcrawler, but after a year or two, everyone will come to terms with the existence of Aliens/demons... our lives and the way we see things would be changed forever, but the effects wouldn't be nearly as devastating as 20 or so years of buildings and such getting blown to hell on a daily basis.

ExodusCloak
pretty much.

We all read (and i think we all agreed with) your point about Nightcrawler, but after a year or two, everyone will come to terms with the existence of Aliens/demons... our lives and the way we see things would be changed forever, but the effects wouldn't be nearly as devastating as 20 or so years of buildings and such getting blown to hell on a daily basis.

Gambit doesn't have that kind of power level any more. Sinister made sure of that.

That said I don't think anyone of them could go 20 years and get away with doing those things on a daily basis.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>