Translation between Jabba and green...thing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hezekiaah
When Jabba is yelling at that green prostitute chained to him and she starts crying right before he kills her, there isn't any translation. I have heard generally what they were fighting about, but does anyone actually know what their lines translate to?

I can make out Jabba saying "Da eitha" and "Boscka" and she says "Natoota" and some other stuff...what do those words (and the others she says) mean?

roughrider
You get the impression from the tone of their voices what it's about; Jabba wants some 'intimate' attention, and she's finally broken down and said no. 'Boscka' is a huttese curse; says it when he sends Luke into the Rancor pitt as well.
And her race is a Twi'lek.

queeq
So you wanna know how to curse and yell at a Twi'lek?

steverules_2
Least then you'd know how to talk dirty to her

Anakin_the_Hutt
From the Scene-by-Scene section of Star Wars: Behind the Magic...

JABBA: Da Eitha!

The lovely alien shakes her head again and screams.

OOLA: Na chuba negtorie Na! Na! Natoota...

Jabba is furious and pulls her toward him, tugging on the chain.

JABBA: Boscka!

Jabba slams his fist down on a button, and...well - you know the rest.

As far as I know - it doesn't translate into anything.

Except "Boscka". That word was used in ANH/SE by Jabba, but it was spelled "Boska" and that translates to "Let's go."

darthmaul1
I think this and other translations you can't look into too much

When Jabba is talking to Han in ROTJ he says now your bantha poodo
which translates into bantha fodder.

but in other films i think it translates into shit or crap

steverules_2
To me it looked like she tried to break free and Jabba wasn't too happy about it

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2
Least then you'd know how to talk dirty to her

Good point. *copies words from previous posts*

JediRobin23
I think she knew she was going in the pit. So, she was resisting and Jabba was like 'Your going down, whether you like it or not'

hezekiaah
I suppose it's hard to say exactly what they were saying - for whatever reason it's the one time they don't give Jabba a translation or have 3PO say anything to clarify. Why did he decide she was going to be rancor lunch? Did her dancing kind of kill the party, and her punishment was meant to liven things up a bit?

queeq
Maybe she farted.

steverules_2
I dunno, some people are into that so I'm sure some of Jabba's guests were happy she farted

queeq
Maybe her fart was better than Jabba's. so he got mad. He's like that, you know.

steverules_2
She outfarted him awesome

troopershake cocktails...cocktails for everyone

queeq
YUMMY!

steverules_2
I woulda loved it if that actually happened in the background at Jabba's

queeq
It did. But Burtt coulnd't find the proper sound effect.

steverules_2
And yet they can super impose Han's head moving slightly to the left (or Han's right) so he can dodge Greedo's shot...which was added in because Lucas didn't wanna have Han looking like a complete @sshole. If you have to shoot, shoot don't talk.

queeq
That scene has ben terribly altered. I think all SW fans are unanimous about that. I think the only one who thinks that change was a good idea was George Lucas, the man who gave us the Holiday Special.

steverules_2
He did it cause he thought Han shooting first made him look like a bad guy. Lucas changed it but he'll still wear a shit saying 'Han shot first.' Wish they just kept it the way it was originally intended. It looks so ridiculous.

queeq
It does. Han shooting first made him more like a Clint Eastwood type of cowboy... Lucas has gotten soft, the t-shirt shows he does have a sense of humour.

steverules_2
I like that Lucas wears the shirt, at least he still acknowledges that Han shot first. I hope he changes it back to way it was, I'm sure there'll be other releases of Star Wars to come.

queeq
There will be, but if he changes it? I doubt it.

steverules_2
We'll just be treated to another altered Han moving head scene

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by hezekiaah
When Jabba is yelling at that green prostitute chained to him and she starts crying right before he kills her, there isn't any translation. I have heard generally what they were fighting about, but does anyone actually know what their lines translate to?

I can make out Jabba saying "Da eitha" and "Boscka" and she says "Natoota" and some other stuff...what do those words (and the others she says) mean?

Jabba: "DANCE, *****!!!"

Oola: "No, you're a fat bastard!!! wheeeee!!!"

Jabba: "HO YOU BETTER SHAKE THAT SHIT!!!!"

Oola: "Go **** yourself fatboy!!!! Ahahahaha!!!! Oh shit I pwned y-.......GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

hezekiaah
Haha nice. Maybe not an exact translation, but it could have been something like that I guess.

queeq
Oola was coola.

steverules_2
I think she claimed that she had more adonis DNA and tiger blood than Jabba

queeq
Which she had, that's why Jabba decide to kill the vatican Assassin Warlock that Oola really was. She just failed to do the bi-winning bit.

hezekiaah
Haha so she's like Charlie Sheen without hair now eh? I'd say she not only forgot bi-winning, she forgot winning at all! Being chained, flashing a giant slug, getting eaten...unless there are some great benefits to dancing nearly naked for Jabba, I'd say she wasn't winning EVER.

steverules_2
Originally posted by queeq
Which she had, that's why Jabba decide to kill the vatican Assassin Warlock that Oola really was. She just failed to do the bi-winning bit.

Charlie Sheen know's how to use his powers...with great power comes healing your self with your mind. Imagine that being in the spiderman movie.

queeq
Imagine that being in the Charlie Sheen Movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.