Grayven vs. Kalibak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kbclassof09
the youngest son of darkseid vs. the eldest son of darkseid. Bloodlust on. Kalibak has beta club and Grayven can use omega beams. Fight takes place in the source wall who wins?

SpiritStalker
Maybe Kalibak

Q99
I'd kinda thing Grayven. Kalibak's stats might be a bit higher but Gravyen's smarter and has his beams.

aztec
Originally posted by Q99
I'd kinda thing Grayven. Kalibak's stats might be a bit higher but Gravyen's smarter and has his beams.

And in some cases knoch him out, but that was with the Darkseid amp.. Just wanted to add my two cents big grin

Omega Vision
they're both miserable failures that make Darkseid facepalm.

kbclassof09
I think Grayven might take this one. He was buried inside the core of the earth, and he dug himself out. If someone was in the core of earth, they would have to support quintillion tons of rock in order to avoid getting crushed.

Omega Vision
It can go either way. They're probably even in physical terms, the question is how well the Beta-Club stacks up against Grayven's watered down Omega Effect.
Originally posted by kbclassof09
I think Grayven might take this one. He was buried inside the core of the earth, and he dug himself out. If someone was in the core of earth, they would have to support quintillion tons of rock in order to avoid getting crushed.
Not to mention the pressure in the inner core is an average of 350 gigapascals.

For reference it only takes 18 gigapascals to make a diamond.

kbclassof09
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It can go either way. They're probably even in physical terms, the question is how well the Beta-Club stacks up against Grayven's watered down Omega Effect.

Not to mention the pressure in the inner core is an average of 350 gigapascals.

For reference it only takes 18 gigapascals to make a diamond.

And that's just air pressure.

kbclassof09

kbclassof09
And that's just air pressure. Also he supported the weight of the top layers of earth crushing down on him.

TricksterPriest
DS gave Kalibak a signifigant boost prior to FC. If that Kalibak is the one here, he's taking out Grayven.

And strictly speaking, DS hates Grayven alot more than he hates Kalibak.

kbclassof09
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
DS gave Kalibak a signifigant boost prior to FC. If that Kalibak is the one here, he's taking out Grayven.

We are using normal Kalibak.

Omega Vision

Probably because whereas Kalibak has some use as dumb muscle Grayven is just a pale imitator of his father who's rebelling while also desperately seeking recognition and approval.

TricksterPriest
And Grayven has probably double-crossed Darkseid one too many times. Kalibak has on occasion, but Grayven does it by backstabbing, which I think irritates Darkseid more, because he's really bad at it. ermmhappy

Omega Vision
And Grayven has probably double-crossed Darkseid one too many times. Kalibak has on occasion, but Grayven does it by backstabbing, which I think irritates Darkseid more, because he's really bad at it. ermmhappy
Darkseid's favorite son is Orion.

Why? Because of the three he consistently comes the closest to beating/toppling/killing his old man.

TricksterPriest
And unlike the other 2, he's more honest about his relationship with Darkseid. He actually respects his father, even if he is also guilty of patricide. dur

SevenShackles
i never liked grayven or thought much of his showings. id go with kalibak, more so with bloodlust on. =/ grayven is lame compared to his brother in everything other than his 'intelligence' if you can call it that and his knock-off beams.

kalibak wont let up until he is a fine mist painted across the walls of apokolips. beta club helps =P

Desaad
There is no evidence that Grayven is actually Darkseid's son, and I for one refuse to believe he is. A terrible, derivative, one dimensional villain creation from the utterly unremarkable mind of Ron Marz.

Kalibak gloveboxes him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Desaad
There is no evidence that Grayven is actually Darkseid's son, and I for one refuse to believe he is. A terrible, derivative, one dimensional villain creation from the utterly unremarkable mind of Ron Marz.

Kalibak gloveboxes him.
I too think Grayven was an unnecessary character.

Created basically so that Kyle Rayner could beat a Darkseid type character.

kbclassof09
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I too think Grayven was an unnecessary character.

Created basically so that Kyle Rayner could beat a Darkseid type character.

I actually like Grayven. Everything seems to be balanced with a third son of Darkseid. We have the first son who wants to please the father, the second son rebels against the father, and the third son wants to be like the father.

SevenShackles
I actually like Grayven. Everything seems to be balanced with a third son of Darkseid. We have the first son who wants to please the father, the second son rebels against the father, and the third son wants to be like the father.

the idea is a good one, the character left alot to be desired. but i guess that could be blamed more on the writers than him just 'sucking'

Omega Vision
They all want to take down Darkseid, they just have their different reasons and ways of going about it.

With Grayven you have the child attempting to replace Darkseid by emulating him.

With Kalibak you have the subversive child, the one who feigns loyalty because he's too stupid and unambitious to strike out on his own.

With Orion you have the one who's actually straight up trying to take it to the old man. And unlike the other two he isn't doing it out of jealousy or coveting of DS's power.

It's why he's Darkseid's favorite. He's the only one who's actually doing his own thing and doing it well.

JakeTheBank
The relationship between 'Seid and his sons are some of the most intriguing stuff I've ever read. I look forward to Orion and company returning.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The relationship between 'Seid and his sons are some of the most intriguing stuff I've ever read. I look forward to Orion and company returning.
Yeah. Kirby did a wonderful job of retelling the age old Father vs Son story.

Orion/Darkseid>Luke/Vader IMO.

Galan007
I think Grayven might take this one. He was buried inside the core of the earth, and he dug himself out. If someone was in the core of earth, they would have to support quintillion tons of rock in order to avoid getting crushed. And he did fairly well against Ion II.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.