Loki vs Graviton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins ?

Black bolt z
Graviton.

TricksterPriest
Loki. Graviton is a moron.

WHAAM!
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Loki. Graviton is a moron.

Graviton is actually a physicist..... Although I agree he's a moronic one.

Loki!

TricksterPriest
It's not so much that he's a stupid physicist, it's that he actually is an idiot. It's one of the ways he loses.

And Loki has made better villains than this guy.

WHAAM!
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's not so much that he's a stupid physicist, it's that he actually is an idiot. It's one of the ways he loses.

And Loki has made better villains than this guy.

That was my point.... He's a physicist and a moron.

Sometimes Graviton has been written O.K. like in the first appearance or in the original WCA mini. All to often like in the apartment store Thor story around issue 300 and something, he is really just a sex offender with the powers of an almost god.

-K-M-
Graviton a moron? *facepalm*

WHAAM!
Originally posted by -K-M-
Graviton a moron? *facepalm*

Come on, he got the powers accidently in a teleportation experiment and then used it to abduct a woman betrothed to another.

-K-M-
Originally posted by WHAAM!
Come on, he got the powers accidently in a teleportation experiment and then used it to abduct a woman betrothed to another.

How were the Fantastic Four formed?...by an accident. Does that make Reed Richards a moron?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Subconsciously, Reed knew what would happen IIRC but went along in the name of science.

WHAAM!
How were the Fantastic Four formed?...by an accident. Does that make Reed Richards a moron?

Trick question as reed does not think just with his pants. For gods sake Thor outsmarted Graviton with a syringe. Thor and let's be honest. old goldilocks is not known as a brain surgeon. I have a theory about why Graviton; a physics prof, is such a moron. Usually something is draining blood away from his brain. I believe he needs to mastabate more.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Subconsciously, Reed knew what would happen IIRC but went along in the name of science.

That's great, but following the same logic that would still make Reed a moron as an accident still resulted in him getting powers. There are many other characters like Daredevil that got their powers by an accident, but does that make him a moron too? No.

-K-M-
Trick question as reed does not think just with his pants. For gods sake Thor outsmarted Graviton with a syringe. Thor and let's be honest old goldilocks is not known as a brain surgeon. I have a theory about why Graviton a physics prof is such a moron. Usually something is draining blood away from his brain. I believe he need to mastabate more.

*facepalm* Even the smartest people have been tricked, and when you don't expect someone like Thor to finally use his head and when he does it's suprizing. People can get tricked, does that mean their morons? Good lord no.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's great, but following the same logic that would still make Reed a moron as an accident still resulted in him getting powers. There are many other characters like Daredevil that got their powers by an accident, but does that make him a moron too? No.

I'm just commenting on the that little bit.

Getting powers by accident doesn't by default make one an idiot. Graviton however isn't that smart.

WHAAM!
*facepalm* Even the smartest people have been tricked, and when you don't expect someone like Thor to finally use his head and when he does it's suprizing. People can get tricked, does that mean their morons? Good lord no.

Does that mean 'they're' morons? Maybe, sometimes. If Graviton started thinking with his big head instead of his little head he might have beat the Human Torch one on one, of course he didn't, because Johnny Storm out thought him. Johnny ffs, one of the few heroes dimmer than Thor.

-K-M-
I'm just commenting on the that little bit.

Getting powers by accident doesn't by default make one an idiot. Graviton however isn't that smart.

His pHD's say otherwise. He isn't combat savy, but does that mean he is an idiot? No.

Rage.Of.Olympus
His pHD's say otherwise. He isn't combat savy, but does that mean he is an idiot? No.

K: He isn't that smart in battle.

Graviton's emotions and goals get in the way of his common sense.

-K-M-
Does that mean 'they're' morons? Maybe, sometimes. If Graviton started thinking with his big head instead of his little head he might have beat the Human Torch one on one, of course he didn't, because Johnny Storm out thought him. Johnny ffs, one of the few heroes dimmer than Thor.

*facepalm* Great so people who get tricked are morons now? Even Reed richards has been tricked. He just isn't combat savy. He's a scientist, not a fighter. Same has been said for James Hudson does that make him a moron too?

WHAAM!

Come on here gets the power of the 'fundemental force' and one of his first moves is to look for a gold digger at bloomingdales.

-K-M-
K: He isn't that smart in battle.

Graviton's emotions and goals get in the way of his common sense.

Which once again DOES NOT make him a moron. Plus if you look at his showings against the Thunderbolts and the Avengers he has shown to use his powers with incredible skills. To say he is a moron is faulty and just plain wrong.

-K-M-
Come on here gets the power of the 'fundemental force' and one of his first moves is to look for a gold digger at bloomingdales.

You do realize in many stories when villians get their powers the first thing they do is want revenge. What did you expect him to take over the world minutes after getting his powers? *facepalm*

WHAAM!
Which once again DOES NOT make him a moron. Plus if you look at his showings against the Thunderbolts and the Avengers he has shown to use his powers with incredible skills. To say he is a moron is faulty and just plain wrong.

Not really, the use of his powers is often moronic, but he is goal driven, he wants to 'raep him sum bitchez'.

WHAAM!
You do realize in many stories when villians get their powers the first thing they do is want revenge. What did you expect him to take over the world minutes after getting his powers? *facepalm*

It wasn't revenge in bloomingdales, he wanted to coerce women into sex. It was 30 years ago, so they were portrayed as being up for it if he offered money possessions, hang on, nothings changed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha, I remember that. He tried to find himself a girl like twice, no? When he returned in Thor, the first thing he did was hijack a mall, and tried to find a girl for himself.

-K-M-
Not really, the use of his powers is often moronic, but he is goal driven, he wants to 'raep him sum bitchez'.

Actually that is true, most villians try to get revenge over past events. Such as Venom with Spider-Man, etc.

That's great, but has he he had other grand masters plans other then 'raep him sum bitchez'? Sure has, but let's ignore them shall we.

Rage.Of.Olympus

When did I say he was a moron? His not smart in battle. Sure, he knows how to use his powers, but like I said before, his emotions and goals cloud his common sense/judgement.

WHAAM!
Haha, I remember that. He tried to find himself a girl like twice, no? When he returned in Thor, the first thing he did was hijack a mall, and tried to find a girl for himself.

It was classic and typical graviton. I loved the bit when Nefaria in Avengers a couple of months after the graviton debut issues leapt around New York trying to pick up women. The two of them together could have formed 'the seventies overpowered sinister goatee gang for reapin bitchez'.

-K-M-
It wasn't revenge in bloomingdales, he wanted to coerce women into sex. It was 30 years ago, so they were portrayed as being up for it if he offered money possessions, hang on, nothings changed.

That was an example, most villians who gain their powers try to wright what was wrong in their past life. Some try to rob banks to get more money, others try to get girls (Dr.Light), and others try to get revenge. To say that makes them moronic is well...idiotic. erm

-K-M-
When did I say he was a moron? His not smart in battle. Sure, he knows how to use his powers, but like I said before, his emotions and goals cloud his common sense/judgement.

You were commenting on the debate about him being moronic. Hence, why you got the reply.

Zack Fair
So ReeD is a douche like that...

WHAAM!
That was an example, most villians who gain their powers try to wright what was wrong in their past life. Some try to rob banks to get more money, others try to get girls (Dr.Light), and others try to get revenge. To say that makes them moronic is well...idiotic. erm

Not really, it's the way they generally go about it and since his labotomy, Graviton certainly had a lowered iq. Dr Lights rape was more about revenge than sex, it was personal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You were commenting on the debate about him being moronic. Hence, why you got the reply.

I didn't say anything about him being moronic. I just said that Reed knew what was going to happen. He just ignored or whatever.

You could have used Spider-Man and I wouldn't have commented.

-K-M-
Not really, it's the way they generally go about it and since his labotomy, Graviton certainly had a lowered iq.

If he had a lower IQ he wouldn't be able to manipulate gravity in the various ways he did. As noted he could due to his science background. erm

-K-M-
I didn't say anything about him being moronic. I just said that Reed knew what was going to happen. He just ignored or whatever.

You could have used Spider-Man and I wouldn't have commented.

But was it necessary to post that? Not really, as following the logic established here that would still make him a moron.

WHAAM!
If he had a lower IQ he wouldn't be able to manipulate gravity in the various ways he did. As noted he could due to his science background. erm

after his labotomy he was certainly depowered, iron man destroyed him. I know he made use of heat, but still..

-K-M-
after his labotomy he was certainly depowered, iron man destroyed him. I know he made use of heat, but still..

Yeah and? That means he was depowered doesn't make him a moron. Plus that event was recent. So now your saying he was only a moron after his lobotomy and not before?

WHAAM!
Yeah and? That means he was depowered doesn't make him a moron. Plus that event was recent. So now your saying he was only a moron after his lobotomy and not before?

No, i'm saying he often used his powers like a moron and thought with his dick; however, no one can argue he was a moron after his labotomy as he obviously was, clearly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
But was it necessary to post that? Not really, as following the logic established here that would still make him a moron.

Necessary? No. I did it anyways.

You don't seem to understand that I'm not arguing that the stance is illogical. I outright said it a few posts ago. Gaining your powers in an accident does not in itself make you stupid but Reed knew what would happen to some extent, hence my comment.

-K-M-
No, i'm saying he often used his powers like a moron and thought with his dick; however, no one can argue he was a moron after his labotomy as he obviously was, clearly.

Now your changing what you said originally. Also yeah clearly. As manipulating one of the fundmentals of the universe you have to be a moron to do erm

WHAAM!
Now your changing what you said originally. Also yeah clearly. As manipulating one of the fundmentals of the universe you have to be a moron to do erm

not at all, the whole he's a physicist and a moron alludes to his intelligence and stupidity. It's a joke...

see here:

That was my point.... He's a physicist and a moron.

Sometimes Graviton has been written O.K. like in the first appearance or in the original WCA mini. All to often like in the apartment store Thor story around issue 300 and something, he is really just a sex offender with the powers of an almost god.

-K-M-
and that is still 100% wrong, it just means he isn't combat savy as discussed earlier. That does not make him a moron.

WHAAM!
and that is still 100% wrong, it just means he isn't combat savy as discussed earlier. That does not make him a moron.

No - It means all to often his master plan is moronic, like looking for a mate by taking over a shopping mall, even for the early eighties, that was stupid.

sidebar: that Thor comic; as a young teen was humiliating to walk home with as it had an advert for a young girls doll on the back, a 'tiny tears' type, my dad gave me shit over that. smile

psycho gundam
so leik...who winz?

http://i56.tinypic.com/709y00.jpg

WHAAM!
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so leik...who winz?

http://i56.tinypic.com/709y00.jpg

Well, let's keep this low key wink

smile

rock

CosmicComet
Being knowledgeable does not preclude you from being a moron.

This has turned into a shitty semantics thread because of -K-M-.

psycho gundam
^ that is kinda true, the leader is a classic case of that

WHAAM!
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Being knowledgeable does not preclude you from being a moron.

This has turned into a shitty semantics thread because of -K-M-.

The saddest thing is, I think it was unintentional and he simply didn't get what I was saying for some reason.

WHAAM!
^ that is kinda true, the leader is a classic case of that

Shonuff! How about classic wife beating yellow jacket. Smarts to burn and a moron.

CosmicComet
Do NOT pick on Hank 'GAWD' Pym.

WHAAM!
Do NOT pick on Hank 'GAWD' Pym.

Hank Pym never, early/mid eighties wife beater YJ never as well, arguably the funniest pc character ever, it was the first comic mangina writer story I had ever seen.

JakeTheBank
Loki.

-K-M-
Wow you people clearly do not know what a moron is....which is ironic in itself.

moron
n.
1. A stupid person; a dolt.
2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

moron
n
1. a foolish or stupid person
2. (Psychology) a person having an intelligence quotient of between 50 and 70, able to work under supervision

No - It means all to often his master plan is moronic, like looking for a mate by taking over a shopping mall, even for the early eighties, that was stupid.

Great, so was that his only "master" plan? Nope. So your comparison falls flat.

The saddest thing is, I think it was unintentional and he simply didn't get what I was saying for some reason.

You claimed he was a moron because he got his powers from an accident erm

Sr J-Bieb
I agree with KM, Loki wins.

-K-M-
Oh Loki wins, but claiming Graviton a moron is just down right silly.

Sr J-Bieb
Oh Loki wins, but claiming Graviton a moron is just down right silly. No, you're silly.

-K-M-
I thought you liked it sad

psycho gundam
Oh Loki wins, but claiming Graviton a moron is just down right silly. they don;t mean it like a doctor would mean it mungi.... they mean "he's pretty dumb for a smart guy", i'd personally call him a dork.

mungi goes h.a.m. for canadian characters lol

-K-M-
they don;t mean it like a doctor would mean it mungi.... they mean "he's pretty dumb for a smart guy", i'd personally call him a dork.

mungi goes h.a.m. for canadian characters lol

So like I said they don't know what moron means. Also their reasons were ridiculous especially saying he was a moron because he got his powers from an accident.

I actually forgot he was Canadian to be honest

leonidas
I actually forgot he was Canadian to be honest

jawdrop

-K-M-
Well they don't flaunt it like other Canadian characters (maple leafs, saying eh?, random comment about hockey, other Canadian sterotypes, etc.)

psycho gundam
he's from hamilton that's why, nothing to brag about

-K-M-

Really?...oh my.

leonidas

really? damn. he IS a moron.

heh

psycho gundam
Really?...oh my. my mistake, i checked and he's actually from banff

Sr J-Bieb
Gravidumb amirite mungi?

Filthy Canadian hoser.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Gravidumb amirite mungi?

Filthy Canadian hoser.

thumb up

dmills
His pHD's say otherwise. He isn't combat savy, but does that mean he is an idiot? No. Big difference between "book smarts" and "street smarts".

-K-M-
Originally posted by dmills
Big difference between "book smarts" and "street smarts".

Naturally, but to say he is a moron? S-T-R-E-T-C-H especially what Graviton has shown in lots of his fights.

dmills
Naturally, but to say he is a moron? S-T-R-E-T-C-H especially what Graviton has shown in lots of his fights. Girl gets straight A's in school and graduates college Summa cum laude. She receives an email from some guy in Nigeria where he offers her a small fee in exchange for depositing his cashier check into her account and wiring him the difference. She does it, naturally the check never clears and she's stuck with an overdrawn account, in addition to whatever fees her bank charges for such transactions. Most people would call her an idiot no?

When ppl say Graviton is a moron they're referring to the lack of savvy and overall gullible nature of the character. Not his iq.

-K-M-
I stopped reading after "girl gets straight A's"

CosmicComet
Why does it have to a girl bruh

-K-M-
He's sexist.

dmills
I stopped reading after "girl gets straight A's" You chump laughing out loud

dmills
Why does it have to a girl bruh http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/perverted-smiley.gif

CosmicComet
you quoting me because I forgot a 'be' bruh?

dmills
Actually I didn't even notice that but now that you mention it... laughing

Prep-Man
loki.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.