Birds of Prey vs. Xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aztec
They fight in New York city..

Black Canary
Huntress
Dove
Hawk

vs.

Cyclops
Gambit
Beast
Wolverine

x-men and it wont be pretty either.

-Pr-
X-Men imo.

HandOfFate
IMHO, Cyke give the X-Team the win here.

StyleTime
X-Men.

Konton
Mmmm I think Black Canary swings it unless Scott goes all out from the start.

inimalist
what does black canary do to logan?

Konton
Well she can send him flying off the bat or KO him with hypersonics.

inimalist
is wolverine notably weak against sonics or something then?

JakeTheBank
It shouldn't matter if he is or not, tbh. The force of the Cry should send him flying back at typical levels. Whether it KOs him or not is pretty debatable if we immediately go to high end healing factor feats for Logan, like I'm sure we will soon.

inimalist
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It shouldn't matter if he is or not, tbh. The force of the Cry should send him flying back at typical levels. Whether it KOs him or not is pretty debatable if we immediately go to high end healing factor feats for Logan, like I'm sure we will soon.

I'm not sure how it works in comics, so whatever

but even low end HF should recover inner ear damage pretty fast... it is something even regular humans in RL do pretty well

it can force him back, ok... we are saying that ends the fight? focusing fire on wolv would also leave the team open to wide beam shots from cyc

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by inimalist
I'm not sure how it works in comics, so whatever

but even low end HF should recover inner ear damage pretty fast... it is something even regular humans in RL do pretty well

it can force him back, ok... we are saying that ends the fight? focusing fire on wolv would also leave the team open to wide beam shots from cyc

It definitely boasts concussive force to the sonic cry itself.

Her cry's damaged pretty tough guys before, so it would hurt Logan and send him back. Keeping him down for the count is another story.

X-Men win this regardless, though.

inimalist
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It definitely boasts concussive force to the sonic cry itself.

Her cry's damaged pretty tough guys before, so it would hurt Logan and send him back. Keeping him down for the count is another story.

X-Men win this regardless, though.

fair enough, I know sonics work in strange ways in comics (nimrod v juggs), so there is a chance she can drop him, for sure

aztec
Bump

This isn't Black Canary vs. The Xmen... Its the Xmen vs. The Birds of Prey..

Prep-Man
Hawk & Dove have had some really good feats in their solo series. If those feats count, the BOP win. Dove would predict any of the X-Men's moves, Hawk is durable enough to tank Cyclops's blasts, etc... They were pretty formidable for a while. BOP ftw.

Q99
Huntress is something of a weak link in the BoP IMO.

aztec
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hawk & Dove have had some really good feats in their solo series. If those feats count, the BOP win. Dove would predict any of the X-Men's moves, Hawk is durable enough to tank Cyclops's blasts, etc... They were pretty formidable for a while. BOP ftw.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Hawk pound a tank in BoP recently? I think he's a formidable opponent for Wolverine. Their both hot headed.

aztec
Originally posted by Q99
Huntress is something of a weak link in the BoP IMO.

Agreed, but that's where Hawk and Dove come into play.. It's going to be 3 vs. 4. However, I place Hawk above anyone else.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by aztec
If I'm not mistaken didn't Hawk pound a tank in BoP recently? I think he's a formidable opponent for Wolverine. Their both hot headed.

Yes, Dove was also able to fool the Female Furies and compete with Speed Queen. Dove is very fast if she wants to be. Hawk was also able to survive Sudden Death's ground zero attack. He is pretty durable and has healing, but nothing as good as Wolverine's.

Also, don't forget that Dove can fly. She discvered this later in their 20 something series.

aztec
Yes, Dove was also able to fool the Female Furies and compete with Speed Queen. Dove is very fast if she wants to be. Hawk was also able to survive Sudden Death's ground zero attack. He is pretty durable and has healing, but nothing as good as Wolverine's.

Also, don't forget that Dove can fly. She discvered this later in their 20 something series.

I've only read about Hawk and Dove in Birds of Prey, Blackest Night and some of their apperances in the Teen Titans. I knew they were good, but never considered them to be that bad a**. I would placed them at high meta, but based on your description, they are higher up in the food chain.

-Pr-
i honestly don't think Hawk can tank all of Cyclops' attacks, tbh. Unless he has some better durability feats than we've seen in the BoP series...

aztec
Originally posted by -Pr-
i honestly don't think Hawk can tank all of Cyclops' attacks, tbh. Unless he has some better durability feats than we've seen in the BoP series...

He won't have too, because Canary would go up against Scott. They have basic knowledge of each other, so therefore she'd be the best match up against him.

-Pr-
He won't have too, because Canary would go up against Scott. They have basic knowledge of each other, so therefore she'd be the best match up against him.

If you want to go that way, then sure, but Cyclops does have a clear advantage over Canary imo. I could see Logan taking Hank, too.

aztec
If you want to go that way, then sure, but Cyclops does have a clear advantage over Canary imo. I could see Logan taking Hank, too.

Canary has faster reflexes than Cyclops, so she''ll be able to react faster than Scott. However, I believe Scott's optic Blast is more effective than the cry.

Logan vs. Hank can go either way. Hawk is stronger, faster and agile. The only advantage Logan has is his healing. Other than that, I say Hank takes the slight mayority from Logan.

-Pr-
Canary has faster reflexes than Cyclops, so she''ll be able to react faster than Scott. However, I believe Scott's optic Blast is more effective than the cry.

Logan vs. Hank can go either way. Hawk is stronger, faster and agile. The only advantage Logan has is his healing. Other than that, I say Hank takes the slight mayority from Logan.

I don't consider her to be that much faster, tbh.

Logan would be more agile than Hank, imo. Stronger, sure, but I don't see his hide being thick enough to stop the claws.

srankmissingnin
Beast > Dove
Wolverine > Hawk
Cyclops > Canary
Gambit > Huntress

And Cyclops, Beast and Wolverine, work much better as a team than the BoP (Gambit isn't on a X-Men rooster all that often, so I'll omit him form the team work advantage)

Prep-Man
Beast is not better than Dove. Hell, Dove can actually fly, unlike Beast and is much faster than him.

srankmissingnin
Beast is not better than Dove. Hell, Dove can actually fly, unlike Beast and is much faster than him.

She can fly, but she isn't faster or more agile than Beast. Unless she is just trying to avoid him, she'll have to come into melee to engage him.

Prep-Man
if she can evade speed qaueen, she can do the same to beast shes also taken a beating from hawk who is stronger than beast.jand he ability to read movements will come in handy.

Sin I AM
how is scott greater than black canary

psycho gundam
wolverine won't be cutting anyone

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
how is scott greater than black canary

Better range, more accuracy, more versatile with his power, better team leader.

Or did you mean something else?

aztec
I don't consider her to be that much faster, tbh.

Logan would be more agile than Hank, imo. Stronger, sure, but I don't see his hide being thick enough to stop the claws.

Hank is faster than Logan.... Also, he was able to pound a tank with his fist in Birds of Prey. I'm not sure if his hide is thick enough to stop the claws, however, Hank has a healing factor.

-Pr-
Hank is faster than Logan.... Also, he was able to pound a tank with his fist in Birds of Prey. I'm not sure if his hide is thick enough to stop the claws, however, Hank has a healing factor.

How much faster?

Healing factor is all well and good, but it wouldn't be the first time Logan has fought anyone like that...

aztec
How much faster?

Healing factor is all well and good, but it wouldn't be the first time Logan has fought anyone like that...

Fast enough to knock Logan on his a** stick out tongue

-Pr-
Fast enough to knock Logan on his a** stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Existere
X-Men, solidly.

Cyclops is a better team leader, tactician and ranged powerhouse than Canary. Hawk is worse than Wolverine's standard foes with the same powerset, and both Beast and Gambit have the capacity to take down either Huntress or Dove.

Combined with superior team work, the mutants take this.

Prep-Man
Still no love for Dove. She's a formidable member here who's much faster than Beast and agile to boot.

marwash22
does general knowledge include knowing about Canary's scream? If so, Scott takes her out immediately and the X-men stomp.

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
does general knowledge include knowing about Canary's scream? If so, Scott takes her out immediately and the X-men stomp.

it would yes. at the very least it would say what the power was, even if it didn't mention rage and power.

aztec
Still no love for Dove. She's a formidable member here who's much faster than Beast and agile to boot.

You should make a respect thread and prove why she's bad*ass wink

Prep-Man
You should make a respect thread and prove why she's bad*ass wink

I was going to do that a while ago, but a good portion of their series, Hawk and Dove was them fighting in their realm. In their realm, they are pretty powerful beings. Like top tier. They don't have many showings outside of their realm.

aztec
I was going to do that a while ago, but a good portion of their series, Hawk and Dove was them fighting in their realm. In their realm, they are pretty powerful beings. Like top tier. They don't have many showings outside of their realm.

Mmm, I'd still make the thread if I were you. After seing how awesome both characters are more people will be interested in them.

Like, I said I only have a couple apperances of them. But, from what I read they have pretty decent showings. When I read BoP, I was surprise Hank was able to stop a tank from firing. Also, Dawn held her own against the Black Lanterns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.