Post NJO????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Will there be novels that take place post NJO????
SO far there are no plans, but the NJO is coming to a close soon....then they're going to concentrate efforts on the bridge b/t epII and EpIII but will we ever know what happens post NJO?

LanceWindu
I believe so. Why just stop after NJO?

They know there is still tons of money left in SW novels, so once they finish everythign else I bet they will concentrate on post NJO.

Julie
ha.......yea the way I am you slap the name star wars on it and I've got to own it or at least get to read it once!

LanceWindu
Same here.

Captain REX
Unless it's really stupid that is...

Julie
well how would you know it if you haven't read it yet???...do you start it and just not finish????

GordonSkywalker
That's like I was the Jedi Apprentice series and a lot of the novels. I spent ludicrious amounts of $ to buy and then read them. Then, when my attention went into other areas, I sold my collection at the local paperback exchange.

Julie
*gasp* you sold your books!!!!>??????

GordonSkywalker
It was a very strenous and stressful time. I thought I was doing myself a favor. Needless to say, hindsight is always 20/20!!

Julie
true.....now you know anyway....are you going to buy most/all the star wars books coming out ....there are a whole bunch this year and next ...

GordonSkywalker
I am most defintely going to be collecting the newer books as they come out, provided I can keep my resources from overspending!

Julie
do you have a nice steady income????....though really that's not required...hey I do alright in the star wars book dept even though I only work about 4 months a year

GordonSkywalker
Actually I do. At the moment I have had to keep resources down for new clothes(and the occassional book!) and food supplies. Oh, and I haven't had the time to read the book I got last night. Things have been too busy lately.

Julie
oh too bad...well there's always the weekend....except for me b/c I have a chem test on monday which I need to practice for.

GordonSkywalker
I am about 2/3 into Star By Star(NJO) which I got a copy of yesterday. After that I plan to start the other book. Oh and good luck on your chem test!

Julie
thank you....I dislike chemistry at the moment, but like it or not that test will come.....have fun reading SBS...that is a nice long and very action packed one...though I don't think that it is my favorite

GordonSkywalker
I have been enthralled in it all day! It's been rather quiet around my neighborhood today.

Julie
quiet is usually a good thing...excitement usually heralds bad news...
I was busy today, but that is all over now ....perhaps I shall even read a bit of TTT....hopefully I'll finish it w/in the year

GordonSkywalker
Speaking of post NJO, I finished Star By Star this afternoon. It was an awesome book, even if it brought about the death of another major character......(But I'm not going to ruin the story for those who haven't read it!)

Julie
yes it was good.....sad but good
too bad that....oops....*puts hand over mouth* embarrasment

GordonSkywalker
I went through the 600 pages in like three-and-a-half days or something.

Julie
and what is your reaction to the book?

GordonSkywalker
Shocking, to say the least. The suprise ending notwithstanding, it was a complex series of events. I got so wrapped up in the relationships between the characters, I found myself feeling really sad for Luke and the others at the end of the book.

Julie
sad?????why.....what was so sad? May we'll find what happens...well most of it

GordonSkywalker
I found it sad just after the climax scene when they switched to Luke and Mara Jade. Luke became angry when he sensed what had just happened, and Mara tells him to calm down because he's upsetting their infant son.

Julie
I don't recall the part...but I read that book a long time ago and have since infested my brain with about 20 animal phyla, hundreds of spanish words, chemistry equations, etc

GordonSkywalker
For me, that scene kind of put things into perspective as to the cost of their war with the Vong.

Julie
I see....uh could you describe that scene a bit more in depth...in spoiler marks so that we don't ruin anything for those who have not read the book

GordonSkywalker
I forgot how to do the spoiler marks.

Julie
what you want to say... with a / b/t [ and s

GordonSkywalker
I made a mistake the first try, Let me try again.

GordonSkywalker
I can't make it come out right. embarrasment

GordonSkywalker
Oh well, on to better things.

Julie
ok......slow down there gordo.......nice and slow...breathe....now talk

GordonSkywalker
Forget it, I'll never figure that out. So what focus do you think the next series should take?

Julie
hmmm....you mean post njo....star wars chronologically too
hmmm let's see here.....reconstruction?
Maybe they should skip about 10 years and do a few stories that are about Ben Skywalker and other future skywalkers and solos and such

GordonSkywalker
I had not considered the idea of doing a series of stories about Luke and Mara's son. But there are so many Solos and Skywalkers right now, couldn't they come up with a storyline without every character being related?

Julie
yeah tke one of them and have go on a "solo" mission...off galavanting in a galaxy full of problems....

GordonSkywalker
A troubleshooting Jedi!

Julie
yeah....even make up a new one anyway....yea more star wars books

GordonSkywalker
With the news of the final NJO book being released this year, it makes one speculate what direction the Star wars novels will take. I say there should NOT be another lengthy series and the publishers should do a bunch of one offs and duologies. But no more trilgies and long term series for the next few years at least.

Julie
well really soon would be overkill...but long term series are nice for the fans ...... but I agree they should let NJO have it's time in the spotlight first b/f starting another....and stand along novels are cool

GordonSkywalker
I like them better than story arcs.

Julie
uh....stand alones have story arcs too....but I do see your point.....
short and sweet for you eh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.