Spectre vs Saint of Killers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Spectre

vs

Saint of Killers

Spectre is fully backed on a mission to kill the saint from the Presence. No, CIS ,PIS, or BFR Who wins?

SoK wins by being cooler.

BullwinkleMoose
Spectre stomps

quanchi112
Sok wins, easily.

BullwinkleMoose
If Presence doesn't want Spectre to die he won't unless you think Sok>Presence

SquallX
How does Spectre lose. When the Presence is not allowing too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
If Presence doesn't want Spectre to die he won't unless you think Sok>Presence This isn't about the presence and sok killed the supreme being of his verse easily. One shot one kill.

Mindset
He wasn't supreme off his throne, which is retarded, but w/e.

SOK beats Spectre imo.

Omega Vision
Spectre.

Preacherverse God was vulnerable when off his throne. If he had gotten to his throne the SOK wouldn't have been able to do shit to him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
He wasn't supreme off his throne, which is retarded, but w/e.

SOK beats Spectre imo. Oh you are right about that I forgot he was only susceptible off the throne. Spectre isn't supreme anywho so he goes down pretty quickly.

Mindset
@OV: Spectre isn't a supreme being though, so I don't see how that matters.

BullwinkleMoose
That was the weakest "Supreme Being" ever. Plus like someone else said, you are not really a Supreme Being if you need your throne to be Supreme

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Spectre.

Preacherverse God was vulnerable when off his throne. If he had gotten to his throne the SOK wouldn't have been able to do shit to him. How does this help the Spectre out ?

quanchi112
That was the weakest "Supreme Being" ever. Plus like someone else said, you are not really a Supreme Being if you need your throne to be Supreme Yes, you are. In vertigo's lucy series two clauds overtook omnipotence by being in the right place and the right time as well.

Mindset
That was the weakest "Supreme Being" ever. Plus like someone else said, you are not really a Supreme Being if you need your throne to be Supreme You are if you want it to be so.

Prep-Man
Spectre.

BullwinkleMoose
I'm curious how you expect someone (SOK) who is below Presence to have enough power to be able to Defy a Being (Spectre) that Presence has given enough power to defeat SOK.

Or are you arguing that Presence cannot give Spectre enough power to defeat SOK?

Mindset
Presence isn't in this thread.

So...

quanchi112
I'm curious how you expect someone (SOK) who is below Presence to have enough power to be able to Defy a Being (Spectre) that Presence has given enough power to defeat SOK.

Or are you arguing that Presence cannot give Spectre enough power to defeat SOK? The Spectre isn't the presence so I am curious as to how you keep mistaking the two characters.

Prep-Man
This is Spectre backed by the Presence, right? Presnece has a big influence on Spectre at times.

BullwinkleMoose
By Definition a fully backed Spectre has received enough Power from Presence to accomplish whatever task he has been assigned.

Normal Spectre gets stomped, but this is a fully backed Spectre.

quanchi112
By Definition a fully backed Spectre has received enough Power from Presence to accomplish whatever task he has been assigned. Doesn't save him from getting oneshotted.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
@OV: Spectre isn't a supreme being though, so I don't see how that matters.
So you think only a Supreme Being can beat the Saint?

Prep-Man
Spectre dodges the bullets until he puts the smack down on SOK. Haven't you guys seen Matrix?

quanchi112
So you think only a Supreme Being can beat the Saint? Or maybe he thinks the saint can kill spectre or anywhere around his level.

Omega Vision
What I thought funny was that the Saint's guns could be fired at insane speeds, never missed, and never needed reloading yet for some reason (Rule of Cool I guess) he had two of them.

BullwinkleMoose
Originally posted by quanchi112
Doesn't save him from getting oneshotted.

That is where you are wrong. If the Presence has given him the Power to win that includes the ability to withstand the opponent's attacks.

A fully backed Spectre would laugh at Sok.

quanchi112
That is where you are wrong. If the Presence has given him the Power to win that includes the ability to withstand the opponent's attacks.

A fully backed Spectre would laugh at Sok. Refer an issue number and an instance of a fully backed Spectre. It seems to me you are just saying he's unbeatable based on nothing more than your opinion. Back it up.

BullwinkleMoose
Originally posted by quanchi112
Refer an issue number and an instance of a fully backed Spectre. It seems to me you are just saying he's unbeatable based on nothing more than your opinion. Back it up.

I'm basing it on the fact that by Definition in order to defy a Supreme Being you have to have power equal that Supreme Being.

Do you believe that it is Impossible for The Presence to give any Being enough power to defeat SOK?

quanchi112
I'm basing it on the fact that by Definition in order to defy a Supreme Being you have to have power equal that Supreme Being.

Do you believe that it is Impossible for The Presence to give any Being enough power to defeat SOK? I am asking for you to back your claims. You can't just make things up. I can't just say Hulk wins because he keeps getting angrier and angrier to where his power rivals Odin's or Zeus' since his power is only limited by his anger. I can use feats of what he has done on panel to support my case just like you can. If you can't then concede the point.

A backed spectre isn't supreme unless you have proof.

BullwinkleMoose
The Spectre being involved is irrelevant.

Presence fully backing Rhino would stomp SOK also.

You must believe that it is impossible for Presence to give anyone enough power to win vs SOK since Presence cannot back anyone more than he is in this case ("fully backed"wink

quanchi112
The Spectre being involved is irrelevant.

Presence fully backing Rhino would stomp SOK also.

You must believe that it is impossible for Presence to give anyone enough power to win vs SOK since Presence cannot back anyone more than he is in this case ("fully backed"wink Then back up your case with an example from a comic. You acting like your opinion is a fact while based off of nothing in print isn't making a case.

Sok wins based on the comics he oneshot kills him.

BullwinkleMoose
The only way SOK can win is if Presence doesn;t have enough power to allow Spectre to live, which is only true if Sok>Presence.

Even though the thread says Spectre, it is really asking if SOK has enough power to Defy Presence.

Blight
This is a super lame topic.

quanchi112
The only way SOK can win is if Presence doesn;t have enough power to allow Spectre to live, which is only true if Sok>Presence.

Even though the thread says Spectre, it is really asking if SOK has enough power to Defy Presence. Sok has the power to defeat the spectre this thread isn't about the presence vs. sok.

a "fully backed spectre", much like a full powered galactus is really just hyperbole on stilts. just use COIE spectre (or does he have better showings?) and BCA Galactus as their "strongest"

D_Dude1210
What I thought funny was that the Saint's guns could be fired at insane speeds, never missed, and never needed reloading yet for some reason (Rule of Cool I guess) he had two of them.

Zombieland rule#2 the Double Tap. :-p

Mindset
So you think only a Supreme Being can beat the Saint? No.

TricksterPriest
SOK's guns fail on undead. Spectre isn't technically alive. Hell, we never saw them on work on any abstract beings.

Therefore..... I do not believe they will work on God's vengeance. Especially considering Spectre alone shits on Preacher God's feats.

Eon Blue
Spectre

the ninjak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
SOK's guns fail on undead. Spectre isn't technically alive. Hell, we never saw them on work on any abstract beings.

When did they fail on the undead? He killed Satan and God with them.

TricksterPriest
They didn't kill a vampire.

the ninjak
They didn't kill a vampire.

Interesting I don't remember Cassidy getting shot, just beat up.

Edit: You're right! Cassidy is the only person to have ever survived.

Quote: The only being ever to have survived being shot by the Saint was Cassidy, but Garth Ennis later admitted that he was still working out the character of the Saint at that point and was a technical mistake.

Omega Vision
Yeah I ignore the Cassidy incident.

Still, I stand by that Spectre would win, mostly because Preacherverse God (off his throne, on his throne he's a Universal Abstract) is an unknown quantity so the efficacy of killing him is difficult to assess, he could be Skyfather, he could be Abstract, he could be next to powerless, who knows.

Solidus Black
SoK couldnt even kill Cassidy and hes supposed to kill Spectre?

Spectre is a ghost. SoK can do nothing to him

Solidus Black
Hell, even Deadman would stalemate

Omega Vision
erm

He killed demons and angels, the fact he didn't kill Cass was confirmed by the writer to be PIS because he didn't want Cassidy to die yet.

the ninjak
Kid can't read.

Solidus Black
sad

Solidus Black
i had only read p1

the ninjak
Originally posted by Solidus Black
i had only read p1
Spectres dead son. Best pay your respects and be done with it.

Cause the Saint is gonna blow his fricken brains out and the Presence wont know what hit it.

TricksterPriest
I've only seen one weapon able to kill Spectre. The Spear of Destiny itself.

SOK isn't doing that much damage.

Also, I don't know if Deadman can be killed period. Back when he was dead anyway. He's alive as a white lantern currently.

quanchi112

Therefore..... I do not believe they will work on God's vengeance. Especially considering Spectre alone shits on Preacher God's feats. It still hurt them and killed the angel of death and the devil. I see it either oneshotting him which is most likely or doing enough damage to quickly tear him apart.

I don't see the Spectre standing up to him long at all.

Prep-Man
I've only seen one weapon able to kill Spectre. The Spear of Destiny itself.

SOK isn't doing that much damage.

Also, I don't know if Deadman can be killed period. Back when he was dead anyway. He's alive as a white lantern currently.

Even the SOD has a hard time killing Spectre and isn't full proof.

TricksterPriest
Are you refering to FC: Revelations? Because that's not the only time someone has threatened to use it on Spectre. And it's pretty clearly stated that it can kill him.

Prep-Man
No, way before that. PC era. It failed to kill the Spectre a couple of times. It has the power, but isn't a guarantee.

TricksterPriest
I'm pretty sure one time when Superman had it post-crisis, I think this was when Spectre was facing down an elemental of some kind.

Superman was warned the spear would kill Spectre. and he almost used it, but he managed to resist the corruption.

Omega Vision
The SOD is probably the most blatant plot device in DC. They used it to explain why WWII didn't last two panels with the JSA on the side of America.

TricksterPriest
Considering the power ascribed to it, and what it was shown to do in FC: Revelations, yeah, it's a plot device. But a monstrous one.

For those not in the know: The Spear of destiny was used in combination with a spell created by a sorcerer from Japan known as "The Dragon King" I believe. Anyways, the spell in combination with the spear and the holy grail, created a sphere of influence over all Axis territory. Any allied super-powered beings up and including Spectre himself, would fall under axis mind control if they entered. The Spear nearly killed Spectre at one point during the war.

Eventually, the unknown soldier assasinated Hitler and smuggled the Spear out. Shortly after, the Axis collapsed and he faked Hitler's suicide.

The spear was used to kill christ, and has the power to kill just about anything. And as shown in FC, it can control super powered beings. And due to Hitler's evil, the spear has been corrupted and will turn anyone who wields it to evil eventually. Only Captain Marvel has been shown to have any long term resistance. Superman resisted it for a time, but after being tempted to kill Spectre, he chucked it into space.

Edit: Found it.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090122022535/marvel_dc/images/a/a5/Spear_of_Destiny_002.jpg

TheTyrant
Is Cain (the one that appeared in Final Crisis: Revelations) immortal? 'Cause I recall him surviving after getting cut by the Spear of Destiny without any major injuries.

TricksterPriest
Cain's more unkillable than Thanos. He cannot die. From anything. Him surviving the spear doesn't say a thing about the spear.

God himself cursed Cain to walk the earth forever. Not even Spectre could kill him.

TheTyrant
I figured as much. Carry on then.

the ninjak
Cain's more unkillable than Thanos. He cannot die. From anything. Him surviving the spear doesn't say a thing about the spear.

God himself cursed Cain to walk the earth forever. Not even Spectre could kill him.

What if SoK shoots God then Cain?

TricksterPriest
SOK has zero feats to suggest he can kill the Presence. The spear itself could not slay Cain.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by the ninjak
What if SoK shoots God then Cain?
Preacherverse God off his throne has absolutely nothing to suggest he's at all comparable to the Presence.

Hell even on his Throne he never demonstrated beyond Universal power.

the ninjak
Preacherverse God off his throne has absolutely nothing to suggest he's at all comparable to the Presence.

Hell even on his Throne he never demonstrated beyond Universal power.

Got it thanks guys!
DC Universe God>>>Petty Wrathful God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.