Power Output/Endurance contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
The planet Earth is about to be crushed by a powerful cosmic event. With everything being destroyed by it's wake, there is no place for the populace to evacuate to. Earth's greatest minds put together comes up with a solution:

A powerful cosmic shield generator that, once activated, will shift the planet out of phase with the rest of reality, protecting it from the cosmic event's path. Due to how it operates, the cosmic shield generator HAS to be activated outside of Earth (it is built, however to shift itself outside the cosmic even as well, sadly, the place it shifts to is at a different frequency from the Planet's).

Sadly, it has one problem: no Earth-based power source is strong enough to perpetually keep it going indefinitely. And once it runs out of power, it will shift the planet BACK into the cosmic event's path of destruction (w/c is predicted to last centuries) and quite possibly destroy the planet. To maintain the shield, the greatest of Earth's scientists came up with a powerful storage battery that will absorb energy that is directed at it. Any energy. Due to limitations in how the battery operates, it can only store one type of energy from one powerful individual. There is no limit to how much the battery can store, however. And once it stores the energy, it can last for months.

All this individual has to do is aim his most powerful attack at it and keep on pouring it in until time runs out and the Earth needs to be shifted out. Scientists predict about 3 months before the cosmic event reaches Earth's Solar System. Some of the Universe's most powerful beings step forward to give their full power to the machine. You're head scientist in charge of selecting who will power the generator up. Who's power will you choose?

Your choices:
-Superman
-Thor
-Silver Surfer
-Quasar

Sr J-Bieb
Quasar via access to unlimited power
Or Surfer

SS

Lord Feron
Surfer.

Mindship
I don't know that much about Quasar, and if this was a brief, all-out blast, I'd give it to Thor. But this looks like a job for Surferman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So is this who can can continuously keep up a stream of energy for about 3 months without faltering or can they release a one time powerful attack?

If's the former I'd pick either Surfer or Thor (Thor more likely than not because I have more faith in Mjolnir than I do in Norrin and it's > Norrin). If it's the latter, Thor without a doubt.

Warlord
Quasar.

Q Zone ftw

celeyhyga17
If 3 months is needed, Im going Surfer.. Quasar has an unlimited supply of quantum energy, but he's only human.. He gonna burn out way before that.. Surfer never tires, needs no sleep, oxygen, and food.

yeah, his energy output in a go is the highest IMO too and he can keep redirecting energy from the cosmos indefinitely.

vince_slice
Probably Silver Surfer, his energy discharge was enough to create a black hole, which is enough energy to supply a Type III civilization. Type I civilizations can harness entire planet for energy, Type II can harness the sun.

quanchi112
Norrin.

Newjak
Either Surfer or Thor's hammer

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............i'll play devils advocate as much as id hate to admit it, superman ala heat vision ftw

Silent Master
Probably Surfer, Thor/Quasar and in last place.....Superman.

illadelph12
I dig the new sig Sin.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by illadelph12
I dig the new sig Sin.

thx!!! courtesy of scythe, I starting to think this thread is spite against clark, i mean come on three energy manipulaters against a brick?...alas if the machine can convert any type of energy then he should be able to use kinetic force...punches for the win

dmills
Seems like this is right up Quasars' alley.

dmills
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thx!!! courtesy of scythe, I starting to think this thread is spite against clark, i mean come on three energy manipulaters against a brick?...alas if the machine can convert any type of energy then he should be able to use kinetic force...punches for the win Sweet Sig BTW thumb up

"Id"
Quasar.

Warlord
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
If 3 months is needed, Im going Surfer.. Quasar has an unlimited supply of quantum energy, but he's only human.. He gonna burn out way before that.. Surfer never tires, needs no sleep, oxygen, and food.

however remember that Quasar's physique (empowered by the bands) was more resilient than Surfer's when they both tried to aBsorb Ego

Badabing
Originally posted by Warlord
however remember that Quasar's physique (empowered by the bands) was more resilient than Surfer's when they both tried to aBsorb Ego Warned for not making sense.

gogogadgetgo
Surfer, its right up his ally. He doesn't need to eat, sleep, breath or take a shit. he can just span his pc while absorbing energy from around him.

Or maybe Thor, since he can just span energy blasts from his hammer and all he has to do is hold it up. His godly physic can keep him sustained for months.

Quasar also has unlimited source of power and just span quantum
energy at it. Only draw back is that he is human.

last would be superman as he could span HV

Black bolt z
Quasar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.