Sinestro Corp vs Galactus and Crew

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
This is a 1 vs 1 battle. Most number of team members winning their matchup means the team wins.

Arkillo vs Stardust
Sinestro vs Silver Surfer
Henshaw w/ Rings vs Morg w/ WOL
SBP vs DP Tyrant
Anti-Monitor vs Galactus

Which team wins?

TricksterPriest
Stardust would probably take Arkillo.

Sinestro vs. Silver Surfer is a toss up.

Henshaw rapes Morg.

SBP takes down Tyrant.

The last one depends on the power levels of Big G. Unless he's at a decent level, Anti-Monitor is stronger. And if he doesn't stop the anti-matter wave.....AM will solo the field.

psycho gundam
galactus would most likely kill the more current anti-monitor by himself

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Henshaw rapes Morg.

SBP takes down Tyrant.

The last one depends on the power levels of Big G. Unless he's at a decent level, Anti-Monitor is stronger. And if he doesn't stop the anti-matter wave.....AM will solo the field.

Tyrant rapes SBP

Parmaniac
AM from SCW or later isn't beating Galactus.

TheTyrant
Don't know.

Toss-up.

Tyrant.

Galactus.

TricksterPriest
Depends on the Galactus. It took most of the GLC including the guardians, dropping a galaxy buster, and SBP himself flying through him just to force him to flee.

And Tyrant showed nothing to put him over SBP. RETCON PUNCH!!

Parmaniac
and SBP himself flying through him just to force him to flee. Prime grabbed him and tossed his half dead ass into space.

TheTyrant
Depends on the Galactus. It took most of the GLC including the guardians, dropping a galaxy buster, and SBP himself flying through him just to force him to flee.

A near death Galactus swept a galaxy clean at the end of Annihilation. So Anti-Monitor is gonna get smoked here, regardless of his state.

Context. Prime was banging on the walls of reality; it's not like he just punched air and retconned character deaths, histories, etc.

TricksterPriest
Nope. He rammed him. Straight through his chest. Which is a massive durability feat btw.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/throwweakam2.jpg

Tyrant: Two words. Phantom Zone. Time Trapper. And it was only 3 solar systems, not a galaxy.

Parmaniac
Nope. He rammed him. Straight through his chest. Which is a massive durability feat btw.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/throwweakam2.jpg For Prime not for AM and yes Prime did threw him into space, AM didn't flee.

EDIT: I'm not arguing a loss for Prime here, just to be clear.

TricksterPriest
I agree, it's a feat for Prime. And yes, Prime did toss him, but it's ambiguous how far was Prime and how far was AM just running. I may be wrong on that last point.

Howver.......if the galaxy buster hadn't been dropped.....the anti-matter wave would have destroyed the earth and then the rest of the universe.

TheTyrant
And it was only 3 solar systems, not a galaxy.

Thanos Imperative: Ignition;

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/thanos_004.jpg

So a dying, hungry Galactus can destroy a galaxy with just one blast.

You're referring to when Prime broke out of the Phantom Zone and altered Beast Boy's origins?

Nihilist
Stardus
Silver Surfer
Henshaw w/ Rings vs Morg w/ WOL-split
DP Tyrant
Galactus

TheTyrant
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Don't know.

Toss-up.

Tyrant.

Galactus.

Oh, missed the Henshaw-Morg fight. I'd say Henshaw would win more often than not.

Slaanesh
Arkillo vs Stardust - Stardust
Sinestro vs Silver Surfer - Surfer
Henshaw w/ Rings vs Morg w/ WOL - not sure
SBP vs DP Tyrant - SBP
Anti-Monitor vs Galactus - Galactus

Originally posted by TheTyrant
A near death Galactus swept a galaxy clean at the end of Annihilation. So Anti-Monitor is gonna get smoked here, regardless of his state.

Galactus got those capsule with power cosmic that annihilus been storing around him..i think he used that..

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Galactus got those capsule with power cosmic that annihilus been storing around him..i think he used that..

There was really zero indication thru the whole arc that he did so. Which was then corroborated via the Stardust follow up (where he was shown to be withered and starving as well as the Godhunter Arc.

Edit. I swear! It's funny how rumors can get started. stick out tongue Some one just threw around that baseless theory and all of the sudden, ppl assume that's what happened.

vince_slice

It was stated in God Hunter that Galactus in Annihiliation was starved to the point where he had to draw energy from his core reservoirs and from his very being to destroy the Annihilation Wave and survive.

quanchi112

Henshaw rapes Morg.

SBP takes down Tyrant.

The last one depends on the power levels of Big G. Unless he's at a decent level, Anti-Monitor is stronger. And if he doesn't stop the anti-matter wave.....AM will solo the field. This entire post is massively wrong but I will deal with one glaring error at a time. You honestly think Henshaw with the rings who just beat Superman that's his only feat compares to easily dominating the Surfer, then Firelord, Terrax, Air walker, Nova, etc. at once with extreme ease.

Really ?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
There was really zero indication thru the whole arc that he did so. Which was then corroborated via the Stardust follow up (where he was shown to be withered and starving as well as the Godhunter Arc.

Edit. I swear! It's funny how rumors can get started. stick out tongue Some one just threw around that baseless theory and all of the sudden, ppl assume that's what happened.

i know he was starving..he was still starving after the blast..i'm just saying he probably use the capsule to amp the blast..

D_Dude1210
i know he was starving..he was still starving after the blast..i'm just saying he probably use the capsule to amp the blast..

No indication or proof or anything that points out to that, tho. For all we know, the energy was consumed by Annihulus (w/c is corroborated by the story) and it took the amping from the capsules to allow him to survive the "Herald My Rage" blast.

Frankly, there is far more evidence of THAT happening due to the dialogue that followed.

Slaanesh
No indication or proof or anything that points out to that, tho. For all we know, the energy was consumed by Annihulus (w/c is corroborated by the story) and it took the amping from the capsules to allow him to survive the "Herald My Rage" blast.

Frankly, there is far more evidence of THAT happening due to the dialogue that followed.

the capsule was hovering around Galactus..why would it be consume by Annihulus??he was storing it..and i think it was stated that he survive the blast because of the quantum band and it nearly depleted its energy..i don't really remember it though so i could be wrong..

D_Dude1210
the capsule was hovering around Galactus..why would it be consume by Annihulus??he was storing it..and i think it was stated that he survive the blast because of the quantum band and it nearly depleted its energy..i don't really remember it though so i could be wrong..

They were using it to siphon and store the energy from Galactus as he fed. The one time G-man fed (wherein he ate the Kree planet), Annihilus mentioned to Thanos that he will be feeding on the stored energy. And a mental image of Annihilus feeding on the energy was shown later during Thanos' scan of Moondragon's mind.

However, it's already been mentioned on-panel that Galactus has destroyed galaxies before in his battles with Tyrant. So, this feat should not require him to be "amped" at all.

Even if it were true, that really isn't an "amping", more like a partial feeding at a state when he was already completely starved (he already looked withered BEFORE he was fired at the planet) with remaining energy that was clearly fed upon by Annihilus.

The Quantum bands were still functioning quite well in the Nova vs Annihilus fight and it was what gave him the clear edge vs Nova. Once they were off, it was mentioned that Galactus' blast weakened him and that it was only the Qbands that was keeping him up.

TricksterPriest
I'm pretty sure Annihilus was gassed out after Galactus's tantrum. And Nova said, and proved, that it was the Q bands keeping him up after the blast.

D_Dude1210
"The Quantum bands fueled you", "Surviving Galactus drained you..."

Doesn't really conclusively prove that it was keeping him up after the blast.

More like: The blast depleted his personal stores and that it was only the Qbands that kept him going during their fight.

Slaanesh
However, it's already been mentioned on-panel that Galactus has destroyed galaxies before in his battles with Tyrant. So, this feat should not require him to be "amped" at all.

Even if it were true, that really isn't an "amping", more like a partial feeding at a state when he was already completely starved (he already looked withered BEFORE he was fired at the planet) with remaining energy that was clearly fed upon by Annihilus.

The Quantum bands were still functioning quite well in the Nova vs Annihilus fight and it was what gave him the clear edge vs Nova. Once they were off, it was mentioned that Galactus' blast weakened him and that it was only the Qbands that was keeping him up.

i'm not saying Galactus can't bust a galaxy..i'm just saying he didn't bust the galaxy while he was starving to death..he did that with the help of those capsule..i'm just disagreeing with some people who said Galactus can oneshot a galaxy while starving..

and i take what Nova said as Annihilus survive the blast with the help of Q Band..that's how i interpret it..i could be wrong..i could be right..who knows..

D_Dude1210
i'm not saying Galactus can't bust a galaxy..i'm just saying he didn't bust the galaxy while he was starving to death..he did that with the help of those capsule..i'm just disagreeing with some people who said Galactus can oneshot a galaxy while starving..

He WAS starving to death, IMO. stick out tongue Even if we say he got slightly fed by the capsules, he was still starving to death. Even when angry, why would he use enough power to destroy his enemies to completely deplete himself to the point of death?

I know he's pretty pissed, but Galactus has always been very pragmatic about his survival throughout his entire history. IMO, he used a small portion of his power to wipe out the Annihilation wave and kept the rest to keep himself alive.

and i take what Nova said as Annihilus survive the blast with the help of Q Band..that's how i interpret it..i could be wrong..i could be right..who knows..

I interpreted it as the Qbands empowering him during his fight with Nova even when the G-blast weakened him. This is reinforced by him losing right after the Qbands were taken away from him (he'd normally beat Nova 1v1 at full strength).

I'm pretty sure Annihilus was gassed out after Galactus's tantrum. And Nova said, and proved, that it was the Q bands keeping him up after the blast.

Hehe. Just realized that our interpretations might be pretty close. Well, close enough to not warrant a debate, I believe.

Slaanesh
He WAS starving to death, IMO. stick out tongue Even if we say he got slightly fed by the capsules, he was still starving to death. Even when angry, why would he use enough power to destroy his enemies to completely deplete himself to the point of death?

I know he's pretty pissed, but Galactus has always been very pragmatic about his survival throughout his entire history. IMO, he used a small portion of his power to wipe out the Annihilation wave and kept the rest to keep himself alive.

I interpreted it as the Qbands empowering him during his fight with Nova even when the G-blast weakened him. This is reinforced by him losing right after the Qbands were taken away from him (he'd normally beat Nova 1v1 at full strength).

i don't think u get what i'm saying..i'm saying he send out that annihilation blast with the help from the power contain within those capsule..the guy was near death..annihilus says that he give big G enough energy just to stay alive..and u think he can one shot 3 solar system with that kinda energy??he'll be dead if he do that without some kinda extra power source..that extra power source is those capsule..

he use the q band and the cosmic control rod to shield himself from the blast and it drains his energy..of coz he is weakened..and when he lost one of his energy source..Nova shove his hand down Annihilus throat..i don't see what u are arguing about..

D_Dude1210
i don't think u get what i'm saying..i'm saying he send out that annihilation blast with the help from the power contain within those capsule..the guy was near death..annihilus says that he give big G enough energy just to stay alive..and u think he can one shot 3 solar system with that kinda energy??he'll be dead if he do that without some kinda extra power source..that extra power source is those capsule..

It doesn't really take that much for high abstracts like Galactus to one shot 3 solar systems, tbh.

I guess I just take exception to the implication that Galactus used "an outside power source" to perform the feat. "Outside power source" implies an amp w/c is definitely NOT what happened here.

I believe that most of the power was internal and that EVEN IF there was some remaining energy in those capsules (w/c I'm sure was already fed upon by Annihilus) and EVEN IF he managed to use them, the energy still shouldn't be attributed to him being able to eradicate the Annihilation Wavee

It'd be as much "an outside power source" as a boxer being given a brownie before a big fight.

he use the q band and the cosmic control rod to shield himself from the blast and it drains his energy..of coz he is weakened..and when he lost one of his energy source..Nova shove his hand down Annihilus throat..i don't see what u are arguing about..

Well, I agree, he used both the Qbands and the rod to shield himself. But mostly, he prolly used the cosmic energy he took from Galactus (w/c he implied that he had prior to Big G's escape). When Galactus escaped and the Qbands went to Phyla, he no longer had a source to siphon off Power Cosmic Energy and since he prolly used up what PC he had shielding himself, he was left with the CCC w/c was then depleted with him shielding himself.

My whole point was that it was implied thru the whole story that Annihilus was being amped by the PC, Qbands and the CCC when he shielded himself from the Herald My Rage blast.

Deadline
Well for starters Galactus is taking out the Anti-monitor and rather easily. That in itself means his team wins.

Prep-Man

Henshaw rapes Morg.

SBP takes down Tyrant.

Pretty much. If AM is at his highest, he'll stomp Galactus. Or SBP punches his lights out. wink

D_Dude1210
There's no solo-ing here. stick out tongue

It's a 1v1 match between each opponent. The team that nets the most individual wins get the match.

Sin I AM
which version of tyrant is this, op didnt stipulate

Deadline
*sigh* Anti-monitor is more powerful than Galactus?

Prep-Man
Is this COIE AM or SC AM?

Deadline
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Is this COIE AM or SC AM?

I'm pretty sure it's SC AM.

Slaanesh
It doesn't really take that much for high abstracts like Galactus to one shot 3 solar systems, tbh.

I guess I just take exception to the implication that Galactus used "an outside power source" to perform the feat. "Outside power source" implies an amp w/c is definitely NOT what happened here.

I believe that most of the power was internal and that EVEN IF there was some remaining energy in those capsules (w/c I'm sure was already fed upon by Annihilus) and EVEN IF he managed to use them, the energy still shouldn't be attributed to him being able to eradicate the Annihilation Wavee

It'd be as much "an outside power source" as a boxer being given a brownie before a big fight.

Well, I agree, he used both the Qbands and the rod to shield himself. But mostly, he prolly used the cosmic energy he took from Galactus (w/c he implied that he had prior to Big G's escape). When Galactus escaped and the Qbands went to Phyla, he no longer had a source to siphon off Power Cosmic Energy and since he prolly used up what PC he had shielding himself, he was left with the CCC w/c was then depleted with him shielding himself.

My whole point was that it was implied thru the whole story that Annihilus was being amped by the PC, Qbands and the CCC when he shielded himself from the Herald My Rage blast.

i disagree..a near death Galactus isn't really capable of anything..in god hunter..he couldn't even defend himself..i doubt he can even destroy a star..3 solar system is out of the question..i'm gonna stick with my opinion that he use those capsule..

well..i can agree if u say Annahilus use those 3 items to amp himself..i just don't agree if u said that Galactus can bust 3 solar system while near death..

D_Dude1210
i disagree..a near death Galactus isn't really capable of anything..in god hunter..he couldn't even defend himself..i doubt he can even destroy a star..3 solar system is out of the question..i'm gonna stick with my opinion that he use those capsule..

Which is my point, tho. Why would Galactus deplete himself enough to the point of death if he wasn't already at that point regardless of the capsules?

If the capsules were ANY sort of considerable source of energy, then wouldn't he have kept it for survival rather than expend it all just cuz he got mad?

Godhunter was at an already much more advanced state, tho as he was starved for a long time. Starvation vs Starvation to the point of death are 2 different things.

well..i can agree if u say Annahilus use those 3 items to amp himself..i just don't agree if u said that Galactus can bust 3 solar system while near death..

Guess we can agree to disagree then. stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Deadline
*sigh* Anti-monitor is more powerful than Galactus?

If Galactus isn't at his best, or lets AM start up the wave, he might not take him out so easily.

Sure, at going all out or at his best, Big G could overpower this version of AM. But......if he doesn't stop the wave early, AM will feed on the universe and suddenly the fight turns the other way.

The danger in the anti-matter wave is that it gets exponentially stronger and AM feeds off the destruction it causes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Arkillo vs. Stardust - Stardust pretty handily imo.
Sinestro vs. Silver Surfer - Surfer.
Cyborg Superman with Rings vs. Morg with Well of Life - Probably Morg.
Superboy Prime vs. Depowered Tyrant - Haha, Tyrant rapes.
Sinestro Corps Anti-Monitor vs. Galactus - If Galactus has had a meal recently or even worse, well feed, he annihilates the Monitor.

Naija boy
Galactus and crew

Prep-Man
If Galactus isn't at his best, or lets AM start up the wave, he might not take him out so easily.

Sure, at going all out or at his best, Big G could overpower this version of AM. But......if he doesn't stop the wave early, AM will feed on the universe and suddenly the fight turns the other way.

The danger in the anti-matter wave is that it gets exponentially stronger and AM feeds off the destruction it causes.

Yeah, Galactus's record isn't that great, IMO. Not impressive. AM would rape a DP Galactus or Tyrant.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Arkillo vs. Stardust - Stardust pretty handily imo.
Sinestro vs. Silver Surfer - Surfer.
Cyborg Superman with Rings vs. Morg with Well of Life - Probably Morg.
Superboy Prime vs. Depowered Tyrant - Haha, Tyrant rapes.
Sinestro Corps Anti-Monitor vs. Galactus - If Galactus has had a meal recently or even worse, well feed, he annihilates the Monitor.

Sinestro can at least go even with Surfer. That's a hard fight.

Morg's got nothing on Henshaw. That match is a slaughter. Idiot bricks never do well against Henshaw. With I think one exception. That being Doomsday in the upcoming story.

Of course, there's our next guy. SBP would give Tyrant a furious battle. And I'm skeptical of Tyrant's ability to put him down.

You heard my thoughts on the last one. "The danger in the anti-matter wave is that it gets exponentially stronger and AM feeds off the destruction it causes."

His wave is just dangerous as Galactus feeding. And if you say he feeds on anti-matter, I will laugh. Very very hard. big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sinestro can at least go even with Surfer. That's a hard fight.

Morg's got nothing on Henshaw. That match is a slaughter. Idiot bricks never do well against Henshaw. With I think one exception. That being Doomsday in the upcoming story.

Of course, there's our next guy. SBP would give Tyrant a furious battle. And I'm skeptical of Tyrant's ability to put him down.

You heard my thoughts on the last one. "The danger in the anti-matter wave is that it gets exponentially stronger and AM feeds off the destruction it causes."

His wave is just dangerous as Galactus feeding. And if you say he feeds on anti-matter, I will laugh. Very very hard. big grin

Like I said, Surfer wins.

Not really. From what I saw, Henshaw in Sinestro Corps tried to fight head on. It'd be close, but I think Morg would take him down.

Tyrant beats him down.

I don't bother reading your posts much unfortunately.

The Anti-Matter wave as we saw can be stopped. Galactus ends him.

TricksterPriest
By a galaxy buster backed by the power of most of the GLC including the guardians. And that was a small wave, before it got going.

zeel
This is a 1 vs 1 battle. Most number of team members winning their matchup means the team wins.

Arkillo vs Stardust
Sinestro vs Silver Surfer
Henshaw w/ Rings vs Morg w/ WOL
SBP vs DP Tyrant
Anti-Monitor vs Galactus

Which team wins?

1 stardust
2. SS but sinestro puts up a good fight
3.prolly morg
4. tyrant
5. galactus

Rage.Of.Olympus
By a galaxy buster backed by the power of most of the GLC including the guardians. And that was a small wave, before it got going.

What? The wave stopped after the Guardians blasted him once.

Pretty sure he said something about the wave consuming the positive matter of our world and all parallel worlds etc.

I don't think Galactus will have much if any problems. If his not hungery or weakened, he stomps.

By the way, Guy and John tossed War World at him while the rest contained the explosion. The Guardians just watched mostly.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What? The wave stopped after the Guardians blasted him once.

Pretty sure he said something about the wave consuming the positive matter of our world and all parallel worlds etc.

I don't think Galactus will have much if any problems. If his not hungery or weakened, he stomps.

By the way, Guy and John tossed War World at him while the rest contained the explosion. The Guardians just watched mostly.

It got stopped by the galaxy buster. The guardians were getting stomped. They did some damage to him, but he was clearly out of their league.

Galactus will need to hit him with huge attacks right off the bat and not let him get his bearings. If he's not going balls to the walls, he'll lose.

It still took tons of lanterns to hold that blast so it only nailed him, Henshaw and SBP.

The wave would have consumed earth and all the parellel worlds, but it took awhile to get going. AM was weakened after all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It got stopped by the galaxy buster. The guardians were getting stomped. They did some damage to him, but he was clearly out of their league.

Galactus will need to hit him with huge attacks right off the bat and not let him get his bearings. If he's not going balls to the walls, he'll lose.

It still took tons of lanterns to hold that blast so it only nailed him, Henshaw and SBP.

The wave would have consumed earth and all the parellel worlds, but it took awhile to get going. AM was weakened after all.

What?

The Anti-Monitor says it's time to feed, the wave will consume this Earth blah blah blah:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2046/monitor1x.th.jpg

Boom, the Guardians blast him and it seems to be the end of the wave:
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/1742/monitor2.th.jpghttp://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6743/monitor3.th.jpghttp://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1384/monitor4k.th.jpg

Apparently, the Anti Monitor needs to be actively channeling his energies for the wave. When he stops, it stops. A major flaw.

Heh. His power output is no threat to Galactus and if he starts up the wave, all Galan needs to do is attack him as far as I can tell.

If Galactus has eaten recently, he stomps imo.

TricksterPriest
Bullshit. The wave was still going. That's why they dropped Warworld on him.

Each guardian is around trans or skyfather level. Their shooting him didn't slow him down.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9977/am6yk2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
erm They dropped War World to take the Anti-Monitor down.

In the entire issue, the wave is neither mentioned or seen again. Before that, it was a real priority that was ravaging the city.

TricksterPriest
"We're detecting no traces of anti-matter salaak" "The rupture into the underverse has been sealed off."

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9977/am6yk2.jpg

psycho gundam
resize that please

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, not too sure what that meant. Perhaps it was still there in some shape or form. Anyways, as we saw, the Antimatter wave slowly expanded from the Anti-Monitor, eating everything in it's path:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2046/monitor1x.th.jpghttp://img859.imageshack.us/img859/1742/monitor2.th.jpg

It was something tangible and visible when in proximity to the Anti-Monitor. After the Guardian's attack, said effect is nowhere to be seen. Even from a bird's eye view:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2365/wavep.th.jpg

Unless the creative suddenly forgot the wave was still in effect, I'm having a hard time believing it was still going.

If the wave was going on for that entire time, it's really unimpressive. Darkseid level weaksauce.

In my opinion, you should be arguing that the wave stopped. Otherwise, it can't even finish consuming a few blocks in like over 20 pages which imo is pretty silly.

Galactus stomps either way then. Wave or no wave. As such, it doesn't really matter to me.

The Guardian's attack a long with their comment regarding containing his corrupted energies lead me to believe it was stopped, but whatever.

Slaanesh
Which is my point, tho. Why would Galactus deplete himself enough to the point of death if he wasn't already at that point regardless of the capsules?

If the capsules were ANY sort of considerable source of energy, then wouldn't he have kept it for survival rather than expend it all just cuz he got mad?

Godhunter was at an already much more advanced state, tho as he was starved for a long time. Starvation vs Starvation to the point of death are 2 different things.

of coz he used it..he wants to destroy the annihilation wave..if he didn't he would be in trouble no expression

it's about the same i think..both issues he only had just enough energy to stay alive..not enough to bust 3 solar system..

Bouboumaster

I'll have to check, but I'm not sure if Galactus hasn't fed on AM before.

I'm thinking on the instance where if fought Hyperion. I could be wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.