Thanos vs Superman, Cap Marvel and Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
ww has her sword, kal and cm are classic versions. fight on an abandoned planetoid that cannot be destroyed. they win with incapacitation or ko.

can the dc 3 take him down?

SuperMan103
team.

Naija boy
Thanos

TricksterPriest
Yep, he's going down. Hell, a lasso bind confronting him with his uncomfortable truths, that might do it right there.

zeel
when wonder womans lasso is involved there is always a chance for a victory for her team. Without the lasso thanos stomps.

TricksterPriest
They don't need the lasso. She can behead him while Marvel and Supes pound on him. Thanos doesn't have what it takes to put them down easily.

Good old combo to KO would work with their speed.

h1a8
Superman has the ability to beat Thanos by himself. Why have him fight these three?
Are you trying to start something?

kgkg
Originally posted by h1a8
Are you trying to start something? A debate hopefully.

leonidas
Originally posted by kgkg
A debate hopefully.

between RATIONAL individuals.....

TricksterPriest
So not you and the rest of the people choking on Thanos's purple dick? durink

JakeTheBank
Team. Though, I wonder if Thanos has displayed anything concrete involving defenses concerning his soul? Considering he's resisted matter manipulation among other kind of attacks of various avenues of attack, I figure it's something worth asking just to see.

celeyhyga17
Thanos wins. He is on another level. He's been portrayed like that for years. If any of these 3 can tank Odin or Tyrant level attacks, then they've got a chance. It's too bad they don't. He is on another level period.

TricksterPriest
Thanos got OWNED by Tyrant and Odin. It does not take that level of power to beat him.

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thanos wins. He is on another level. He's been portrayed like that for years. If any of these 3 can tank Odin or Tyrant level attacks, then they've got a chance. It's too bad they don't. He is on another level period.

lol.

So resisting energy projection attacks equates to resistance blunt force attacks?

Level is meaningless for level doesn't determine who would win by itself.
Someone of a lower level (whatever that means) can beat someone on a higher level simply because they have to tools to do so.

Level arguing is for the lazy who really don't want to debate.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
lol.

So resisting energy projection attacks equates to resistance blunt force attacks?

Level is meaningless for level doesn't determine who would win by itself.
Someone of a lower level (whatever that means) can beat someone on a higher level simply because they have to tools to do so.

Level arguing is for the lazy who really don't want to debate.

I'm pretty sure u think superman would beat galactus then. even though he is on another "level" supes will combo to ko him since he doesnt have the speed feats to back him up? amirite? wink

TricksterPriest
Galactus is an abstract. Thanos is transish. Superman has beaten trans people. And Thanos is a slug.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Galactus is an abstract. Thanos is transish. Superman has beaten trans people. And Thanos is a slug.

Like how he beat IM rite?

TricksterPriest
Infinity Man would annihilate Thanos.

celeyhyga17
Infinity Man would annihilate Thanos.

annihilate? nah.... can beat Thanos.? maybe.. it's far from a stomp...

JakeTheBank

Captain Marvel would probably tank or at least endure a great deal of Odin's attacks considering his extreme resistence to magic. Diana's bracers would do the same. Some of Superman's truly absurd in scale feats can be used to argue him enduring attacks of that caliber as well (not magic based ones, but overall sheer power).

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel would probably tank or at least endure a great deal of Odin's attacks considering his extreme resistence to magic. Diana's bracers would do the same. Some of Superman's truly absurd in scale feats can be used to argue him enduring attacks of that caliber as well (not magic based ones, but overall sheer power).

the only one who can survive long enough would prolly be wondy. thats due to her bracers.

Hyperion Prime
Team. Though, I wonder if Thanos has displayed anything concrete involving defenses concerning his soul? Considering he's resisted matter manipulation among other kind of attacks of various avenues of attack, I figure it's something worth asking just to see.

Why do you think the team would take this? Didn't this same group of guys have trouble with Desparo..who is about Thanos equal. Not trying to start anything just curious why you picked team

Funny this fight was mentioned I put up in my Marvel legends/Marvel Select Dc universe classics display almost the same fight....Martian Manhunter instead of Wonder Woman though.

TricksterPriest
annihilate? nah.... can beat Thanos.? maybe.. it's far from a stomp... The Infinity Man has never been beaten by anyone under skyfather. Darkseid is the only person to ever consistently beat him. IM has an extremely broken powerset.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Why do you think the team would take this? Didn't this same group of guys have trouble with Desparo..who is about Thanos equal. Not trying to start anything just curious why you picked team

Funny this fight was mentioned I put up in my Marvel legends/Marvel Select Dc universe classics display almost the same fight....Martian Manhunter instead of Wonder Woman though.

I personally don't think Thanos is physically strong enough to overpower Superman, Captain Marvel, and Diana all at once. I think he's overall more powerful than any one of them in terms of abilities and the like, but physically, I don't see it happening. You also have WW's lasso, potentially a key component in the team's victory, as well as each member of the team being exponentially faster than Thanos.

I think it's a tough, tough, fight, but they can win here.

Hyperion Prime
I personally don't think Thanos is physically strong enough to overpower Superman, Captain Marvel, and Diana all at once. I think he's overall more powerful than any one of them in terms of abilities and the like, but physically, I don't see it happening. You also have WW's lasso, potentially a key component in the team's victory, as well as each member of the team being exponentially faster than Thanos.

I think it's a tough, tough, fight, but they can win here.

So you think Despero can beat Thanos in a fight shifty Yes I know I am putting words in your mouth, but......

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
So you think Despero can beat Thanos in a fight shifty Yes I know I am putting words in your mouth, but......

In a purely physical confrontation? Yeah, I do think that sounds about right.

Bouboumaster
Those three end in a "Human Centipede" situation.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Awwww dude...... Ure a sick sick man...

leonidas
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

lol

throw trick in there as the kaboose since as per the norm his head is so far up their collective dc asses supes's johnson is tickling his tonsils. wink

anywho, this is actually a revival of one of the first threads i ever debated in the forum. i couldn't find it in the search, but i argued for the team and was lambasted by a the majority of people here. was curious if perceptions had changed.......

carver9
Thanos wins after a long fight. They do not have the necessary power to drop him. I could see Thanos smiling throughout this entire fight.

leonidas
they don't HAVE to drop him though.....

carver9
The Infinity Man has never been beaten by anyone under skyfather. Darkseid is the only person to ever consistently beat him. IM has an extremely broken powerset.

Diana and Supes has also fought Despero and Titus who is "near" Thanos level and got one shotted.

I would like to know (serious question), who has these 3 ever taken out in a fight without some outside interference OR an amp that was ON Thanos level or above him?

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
they don't HAVE to drop him though.....

Bfring isn't going to work since he can teleport. So what is it that they are going to do? I can't even see them standing long from his output of power.

JakeTheBank
Question for you, Leo: What do you consider "classic" Superman? Or did you just mean like classic/standard versions for everyone involved as Marvel and Diana as both of them have been nerfed in comics lately?

quanchi112
Infinity Man would annihilate Thanos. It's refreshing knowing it's you making another unsupported statement you can't back up.

carver9
Question for you, Leo: What do you consider "classic" Superman? Or did you just mean like classic/standard versions for everyone involved as Marvel and Diana as both of them have been nerfed in comics lately?

Why didn't you ask me a question?

sad

big grin

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Why didn't you ask me a question?

sad

big grin

There's nothing really for me to ask from you at this time, Carv lol

Though, now that I think about it...

Thanos wins after a long fight. They do not have the necessary power to drop him. I could see Thanos smiling throughout this entire fight.

Bfring isn't going to work since he can teleport. So what is it that they are going to do? I can't even see them standing long from his output of power.

?

carver9
There's nothing really for me to ask from you at this time, Carv lol

Though, now that I think about it...

?

Lol... Damn I hate talented debators.

Forget you Jake.

leonidas

yeah--i meant at all their more classic levels.

btw--have people teleported out of the lasso?? seems a silly question but off-hand i really can't recall.....

leonidas
Lol... Damn I hate talented debators.

Forget you Jake.

so the 'C' in c-low-green stands for carver, eh.... shifty

King Kandy
The Infinity Man has never been beaten by anyone under skyfather.
As opposed to Thanos who... has? When?

JakeTheBank
btw--have people teleported out of the lasso?? seems a silly question but off-hand i really can't recall.....

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any examples. I know people have gotten free from it such as Zoom, but Diana wasn't actively using the lasso's powers against him after she caught him.

carver9
so the 'C' in c-low-green stands for carver, eh.... shifty

laughing

SquallX
So not you and the rest of the people choking on Thanos's purple dick? durink

How do you know it's purple. whistle

TricksterPriest
The Infinity Man has never been beaten by anyone under skyfather. Darkseid is the only person to ever consistently beat him. IM has an extremely broken powerset.

I need to correct this. Mungi pointed out to me that Mantis has defeated Infinity Man. This however does not help Thanos. Since Mantis would stomp him too.

Regarding the lasso: It's held skyfathers. Hell, it was one of the things used to stop Darkseid in Final Crisis. Once it's power has been engaged, it's impossible to get out.

Diana's levels: We have to be using classic otherwise she's way outclassed. Her current fluctuation in the comics is an indication something is wrong. Somebody's screwing with time.

Uriel005
Captain Marvel would probably tank or at least endure a great deal of Odin's attacks considering his extreme resistence to magic. Diana's bracers would do the same. Some of Superman's truly absurd in scale feats can be used to argue him enduring attacks of that caliber as well (not magic based ones, but overall sheer power). like entropy

TricksterPriest
If you're refering to OWAW....which might the only time I can recall him tanking entropy.....the sundipped Superman was capable of beating Odin.

Otherwise, he's never tanked that. I might be wrong.

Nihilist
Thanos wins, only Superman is a slight problem here.

basilisk
The three of them would probably go into hyperspeed mode at such a level that they couldn't be perceived by Thanos. I'm talking the sort of levels where they were crossing the planet in the middle of a spoken syllable and people were just statues to them.

WW could wrap the statue-like Thanos in her lasso (which might not be able to affect him with its truth powers, but its indestructibility would make it difficult for him to move), but if they are willing to go for the killing strike they would simply chop his head off with the sword.

By this point one or two of Thanos' synapses may have had a chance to fire, but nowhere near enough of them for his brain to have consciously registered that the fight had started. In any case, his head would be detached on the ground and in no position to be giving commands to his body.

After that a football game would be on, with the three heroes kicking the head along the planetoid to prevent any chance of the body reuniting with it. Or they would just toss it into the sun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.