High End Surfer vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Surfer without any low showings... we are basing this off of all of Surfers high end showings. Discredit all of his low showings, they don't exist.

So this is high end Surfer vs Thanos (nothing but high end showings... all of his abilities).

Who wins?

chomperx9
Thanos knocks Surfer off the board before SS even knows it. Thanos wins eek!

thanos-prime
surfer via bfr otherwise thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by thanos-prime
surfer via bfr otherwise thanos How can he bfr someone who can teleport ?

gogogadgetgo
but Surfer's kryptonite is Thanos's pimp hand slap

long pig
Surfer wins. Just like it doesn't matter how many times wolverine beats hulk in the comics, hulk>>>Wolvie. (I have a feeling that quote will come 'round to bite me). Surfer's feats trump Thanos'. Faster, better powerset, cosmic awareness...has better durability feats. he's just more powerfull. The only time thanos beats Surfer is if Thanos is the major antagonist in a big story line and needs to look uber . I don't know how Thanos walls with all these fanboys huggin his nutts. Get over it, he's overrated. All he's got is insane durability and high iq.

Juk3n
So much wrong with that post i don't quite know where to start.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
How can he bfr someone who can teleport ? Bfr them to somewhere that's not so easy to just teleport away from like in-front of a being like shuma-gorath.

long pig
Originally posted by Juk3n
So much wrong with that post i don't quite know where to start. It doesn't matter where you start, all that matters is when you end, you'll realize I'm right. The only thing that is relevant is surfer has superior feats. Prove me wrong.

Nihilist
Still Thanos, even a "high end" Surfer doesnt have what it takes to beat Thanos.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Nihilist
Still Thanos, even a "high end" Surfer doesnt have what it takes to beat Thanos. what about that blast where he took out tenebrous and aegis?

Philosophía
Thanos.

Nihilist
Still Thanos, even a "high end" Surfer doesnt have what it takes to beat Thanos. Took on! his blasts did nothing more than annoy them, hell Thanos blast on Galactus did more than that. All Surfer did was get smashed around.

Starscream M
Took on! his blasts did nothing more than annoy them, hell Thanos blast on Galactus did more than that. All Surfer did was get smashed around. ok, I must've remembered incorrectly...thought he actually took them out with the blast.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Starscream M
what about that blast where he took out tenebrous and aegis?

You mean the blast which wasn't his? He manipulated the Crunch as it was literally next to him, but it wasn't his own power that took out T&A.

quanchi112
Originally posted by long pig
Surfer wins. Just like it doesn't matter how many times wolverine beats hulk in the comics, hulk>>>Wolvie. (I have a feeling that quote will come 'round to bite me). Surfer's feats trump Thanos'. Faster, better powerset, cosmic awareness...has better durability feats. he's just more powerfull. The only time thanos beats Surfer is if Thanos is the major antagonist in a big story line and needs to look uber . I don't know how Thanos walls with all these fanboys huggin his nutts. Get over it, he's overrated. All he's got is insane durability and high iq. Let's see Odin oneshotted him in the past, Tyrant made him look like nothing but in direct comparison Thanos was much more than the surfer who was nothing anywhere you view either of those fights.

Thanos has also easily decimated the surfer and laughed off his blasts like nothing. Even current surfer was shown to be inferior to mar-vell who Thanos easily manhandled. Anyway you look at it Thanos is beyond him but seeing as how you comprehend things quite differently than the rest of us I can see why you would see Surfer as superior.

quanchi112
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Bfr them to somewhere that's not so easy to just teleport away from like in-front of a being like shuma-gorath. Thanos can teleport right back. Bfr means you can't get back to the battlefield. Wow.

dmills
You're asking the wrong question. Unfortunately, even allowing for "high end feats" only, Norrin doesn't quite measure up to the purple Skrull. A better question would be how would a cis off Surfer do against Thanos. That to me is a question worth exploring.

thanos-prime
Thanos can teleport right back. Bfr means you can't get back to the battlefield. Wow. As per the rules if he can't return in a reasonable amount of time he loses try reading them before replying actually don't reply back to this at all.

Black bolt z
While surfer does seem to job to thanos its been made blantantly obvious, again and again, that no single Herald has a shot against thanos.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
While surfer does seem to job to thanos its been made blantantly obvious, again and again, that no single Herald has a shot against thanos. agreed thanos is trans. However if we're going to use highest feat surfer from any point in the multiverse then Surfer that had nega-bands and punked galactus takes this in a stomp.

leonidas
Originally posted by Uriel005
agreed thanos is trans. However if we're going to use highest feat surfer from any point in the multiverse then Surfer that had nega-bands and punked galactus takes this in a stomp.

careful with that. keeper beat a weak g. later on, a po'd g who was also weak, slaughtered keeper, who knew he could never match galactus.

g>>>keeper

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Uriel005
agreed thanos is trans. However if we're going to use highest feat surfer from any point in the multiverse then Surfer that had nega-bands and punked galactus takes this in a stomp. Thats a different version of surfer. Not just high end feats from a regular surfer.

Ambient
With the right scenario he could, like say a similar circumstance when he fought the Unilord, so with that much energy at his disposal he could certainly give Thanos a beatdown..

Mindship
Originally posted by dmills
You're asking the wrong question. Unfortunately, even allowing for "high end feats" only, Norrin doesn't quite measure up to the purple Skrull. A better question would be how would a cis off Surfer do against Thanos. That to me is a question worth exploring. thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
This is Surfer without any low showings... we are basing this off of all of Surfers high end showings. Discredit all of his low showings, they don't exist.

So this is high end Surfer vs Thanos (nothing but high end showings... all of his abilities).

Who wins?

Surfer wins then. Thanos wouldn't be able to touch Surfer and SS can utilize some nasty stuff on Thanos.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
Surfer wins then. Thanos wouldn't be able to touch Surfer and SS can utilize some nasty stuff on Thanos. Surfer doesn't really have fast combat speed...

h1a8
Surfer doesn't really have fast combat speed...

I argued that for years but got shut down. So I accepted it. I'm not going to be boxed in. So if others (a sufficient amount) will agree with you then I will agree. If a sufficient amount agrees that SS does has fast combat speed then I will agree. But I'm not going to be in a boxed in situation when it comes to Surfer.

Sr J-Bieb
I argued that for years but got shut down. So I accepted it. I'm not going to be boxed in. So if others (a sufficient amount) will agree with you then I will agree. If a sufficient amount agrees that SS does has fast combat speed then I will agree. But I'm not going to be in a boxed in situation when it comes to Surfer. Really? Because a sufficient amount of people don't agree with you most if not all of the time, and you just keep on arguing while lacking any semblance of proof.

Just find that funny.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Really? Because a sufficient amount of people don't agree with you most if not all of the time, and you just keep on arguing while lacking any semblance of proof.

Just find that funny.

I nearly always have proof. I don't mind if the whole world disagrees with, just as long as I'm right.

celeyhyga17

Who wins?

Thanos is above a high end Surfer. Let's add high end Superman and a high end Thor for that matter.

JakeTheBank
What?

Wait, so: Originally posted by h1a8
I argued that for years but got shut down. So I accepted it. I'm not going to be boxed in. So if others (a sufficient amount) will agree with you then I will agree. If a sufficient amount agrees that SS does has fast combat speed then I will agree. But I'm not going to be in a boxed in situation when it comes to Surfer.

But: Originally posted by h1a8
I nearly always have proof. I don't mind if the whole world disagrees with, just as long as I'm right.

?

Why bother changing your stance if enough people agree on a certain issue if you don't mind if the whole world disagrees with you?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thanos is above a high end Surfer. Let's add high end Superman and a high end Thor for that matter.

Then Thanos gets his ass absolutely destroyed.

Sr J-Bieb
I nearly always have proof. I don't mind if the whole world disagrees with, just as long as I'm right. Never have proof.

Also what Jake said.

StiltmanFTW
HE Surfer murders Thanos, period.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What?

Wait, so:

But:

?

Why bother changing your stance if enough people agree on a certain issue if you don't mind if the whole world disagrees with you? Because it is a fallacy to do so. Would you agree that 1+1=5 if the whole world agrees to it?

I do mind, if I'm wrong though. I have changed my stance countless times here when someone provided an excellent argument that was relevant to my arguments. Believe me, I tell you the truth.

Naija boy
Surfer doesn't really have fast combat speed...

yeah he does actually

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Naija boy
yeah he does actually Compared to whom? Not really fast enough that thanos won't be able to touch him as H1 said.

celeyhyga17
Then Thanos gets his ass absolutely destroyed.

aww come on... u gotta give Thanos more credit than that...
the most recent version of Surfer, along with Nova, and Quasar couldn't do shiznit to Lord Marvell. He wtfpwned them without even trying. And what did Thanos do to Lord Marvell not long after that? He tooled LM big time. When it comes to speed, Surfer and Nova are two of the fastest heralds out there. Even their speed couldnt help them against him. Peeps just have to see that Thanos punks high heralds in his sleep. this aint even an argument. It's clear that the Marvel U has him pretty high in the pecking order of things.

carver9
the most recent version of Surfer, along with Nova, and Quasar couldn't do shiznit to Lord Marvell. He wtfpwned them without even trying. And what did Thanos do to Lord Marvell not long after that? He tooled LM big time. When it comes to speed, Surfer and Nova are two of the fastest heralds out there. Even their speed couldnt help them against him. Peeps just have to see that Thanos punks high heralds in his sleep. this aint even an argument. It's clear that the Marvel U has him pretty high in the pecking order of things.

I agree with this.

celeyhyga17
I agree with this.

I agree with this as well...

laughing

quanchi112
Then Thanos gets his ass absolutely destroyed. He'd still win.

chomperx9
He'd still win. how

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
how Beating people up. Foreshields, punchesm chokes, blasts, forceblock--take your pick.

chomperx9
Beating people up. Foreshields, punchesm chokes, blasts, forceblock--take your pick. I pick up Speedblitz BFR Thanos

King Kandy
Surfer wins. Just like it doesn't matter how many times wolverine beats hulk in the comics, hulk>>>Wolvie. (I have a feeling that quote will come 'round to bite me). Surfer's feats trump Thanos'. Faster, better powerset, cosmic awareness...has better durability feats. he's just more powerfull. The only time thanos beats Surfer is if Thanos is the major antagonist in a big story line and needs to look uber . I don't know how Thanos walls with all these fanboys huggin his nutts. Get over it, he's overrated. All he's got is insane durability and high iq.
To be honest i think he has had too many upgrades. In his early appearances like Warlock and SS he used his brain to deceive heroes and avoid direct conflict even when he could beat them 1on1... now they just have him fight whenever he needs something. Uncreative and yeah he probably does have too many high showings.

quanchi112
I pick up Speedblitz BFR Thanos Thanos can teleport so he can't be bfr'd and shields negate blitzes.

celeyhyga17
When I said high end Thor and Supes, I meant beating them on a 1v1.

chomperx9
Thanos can teleport so he can't be bfr'd and shields negate blitzes. So as fast as Superman is, He would never get a chance to BFR Nightcrawler before Kurt gets a chance to use his powers just because he can teleport ?

vince_slice
So as fast as Superman is, He would never get a chance to BFR Nightcrawler before Kurt gets a chance to use his powers just because he can teleport ?

"If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost."

That's the rule for BFR.

So you tell me, under those rules, could Kurt come back to the battle field by teleporting back under a reasonable amount of time?

chomperx9
Originally posted by vince_slice
"If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost."

That's the rule for BFR.

So you tell me, under those rules, could Kurt come back to the battle field by teleporting back under a reasonable amount of time? If superman Speedblitzed throwing his ass in the sun before Kurt gets a chance to teleport, then Kurt is doomed.

vince_slice
If superman Speedblitzed throwing his ass in the sun before Kurt gets a chance to teleport, then Kurt is doomed.

Throwing Kurt into the sun technically isn't BFR, because it outright kills him. Kurt can't return not because it's not within his power, rather it's because he's dead. Big difference.

Nihilist
Could someone tell what this so called high end Surfer has in his locker to take Thanos down, because ill shoot down everthing that said with prrof Thanos can handle it.

long pig
Who says he needs to take him down? I'm looking at it from the point of view like it's a mma fight. Surfer doesn't need to ko Thanos, he just needs to outpoint him. In a standard 5 sound fight, Surfer lands more attacks, takes less damage, controls the pace and dictates where the fight takes place. It's a unanimous decision. That's how i look at all fights, otherwise it's a draw. Surfer blasts him at FTL a billion times while Thanos, who has never shown that kind of speed, can't land a single blast. Basically just getting blasted then healing

celeyhyga17

Here just to paint a clearer picture to show that Thanos is not going to get beat by Surfer or any high herald. These are the most current versions with all the "upgrades" etc. etc.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/TI_4_014.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/TI_4_015.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/TI_4_016.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/TI_4_018.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/TI_4_020.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/TI_4_028.jpg

This is what he does to "trans" levelers who just punked a group of high heralds that included Surfer.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/ti-16.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/ti-21.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/ti-23.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/ti-24.jpg
If you dont see Thanos above all these guys shown here, then thats that. It's clear where Marvel U has purple face in their food chain.
I also want to add that this Lord Marvell one shotted the Magus a book or two ago before these showings. Magus himself is a "trans" type character.

leonidas
Here just to paint a clearer picture to show that Thanos is not going to get beat by Surfer or any high herald. These are the most current versions with all the "upgrades" etc. etc.

This is what he does to "trans" levelers who just punked a group of high heralds that included Surfer.

If you dont see Thanos above all these guys shown here, then thats that. It's clear where Marvel U has purple face in their food chain.
I also want to add that this Lord Marvell one shotted the Magus a book or two ago before these showings. Magus himself is a "trans" type character.

exactly. thumb up

Nihilist
Who says he needs to take him down? I'm looking at it from the point of view like it's a mma fight. Surfer doesn't need to ko Thanos, he just needs to outpoint him. In a standard 5 sound fight, Surfer lands more attacks, takes less damage, controls the pace and dictates where the fight takes place. It's a unanimous decision. That's how i look at all fights, otherwise it's a draw. Surfer blasts him at FTL a billion times while Thanos, who has never shown that kind of speed, can't land a single blast. Basically just getting blasted then healing Omni blast.

quanchi112
So as fast as Superman is, He would never get a chance to BFR Nightcrawler before Kurt gets a chance to use his powers just because he can teleport ? Bfr means remove them from the battlefield without them getting back in time. Thanos can teleport back in a reasonable amount of time. I hope you finally understand what bfr actually means.Originally posted by long pig
Who says he needs to take him down? I'm looking at it from the point of view like it's a mma fight. Surfer doesn't need to ko Thanos, he just needs to outpoint him. In a standard 5 sound fight, Surfer lands more attacks, takes less damage, controls the pace and dictates where the fight takes place. It's a unanimous decision. That's how i look at all fights, otherwise it's a draw. Surfer blasts him at FTL a billion times while Thanos, who has never shown that kind of speed, can't land a single blast. Basically just getting blasted then healing This isn't an mma fight and Thanos can and has rocked the surfer before quite easily. Thanos beats Surfer at his best without breaking a sweat.

Sr J-Bieb

I also want to add that this Lord Marvell one shotted the Magus a book or two ago before these showings. Magus himself is a "trans" type character. Missing some scans in the Thanos fight but pretty much.

Also lol at Surfer having better durability feats that I read earlier... When Surfer gets hit by the Cosmic Cube, the IG, hell, even Galactus and stays awake, you can say his durability feats even approach Thanos'. There's some things you can argue, and there's some you just can not.

leonidas
Missing some scans in the Thanos fight but pretty much.

Also lol at Surfer having better durability feats that I read earlier... When Surfer gets hit by the Cosmic Cube, the IG, hell, even Galactus and stays awake, you can say his durability feats even approach Thanos'. There's some things you can argue, and there's some you just can not.

look at you. tearing the kmc a new one! laughing out loud

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by leonidas
look at you. tearing the kmc a new one! laughing out loud Pfft, not even close. Although it doesn't feel bad talking about comics after talking about MMA for so long. Guess it's just the days I come on and see something so completely wrong lately.

Must be the same with you. wink

leonidas
Pfft, not even close. Although it doesn't feel bad talking about comics after talking about MMA for so long. Guess it's just the days I come on and see something so completely wrong lately.

Must be the same with you. wink

there is certainly some truth to that...

where's the mma discussion?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by leonidas
there is certainly some truth to that...

where's the mma discussion? Not on this site, that's for sure.

Naija boy
^you on sherdog?

Sr J-Bieb
no

celeyhyga17

I dont think im missin any...

cool

Sr J-Bieb
I dont think im missin any...

cool Thanos pounds Mar-Vell's face in, and the big burst of energy released from Mar-Vell punching Thanos (which may have been the same page). Not a big deal, just saying, you know what I'm saying?

celeyhyga17

Oh wait ure right! I missed one...

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Miscelaneous/ti-22.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
Ah, it was on the same page, nice. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi

You're a bigger tool then I thought.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What MMA site are you on Bran... I like Sherdog personally.. I'm Kurupt there as well. By the way.. I like Dos Santos will tool Brock easily

bbrem123
thanos wins....no herald can deal with thanos, end of story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.