Superman, Thor and Silver Surfer in Team Up Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Superman, Thor, and Silver Surfer run through the following gauntlet. They get completely healed and refreshed before each fight. How far do they get?

Blood-lust ON.

No BFR, but KO or incapacitation counts as a win.

---------- Gauntlet ----------

1. Wonder Woman, Beta Ray Bill, and Black Adam

2. Stardust, Sinestro, and Hal Jordan

3. Sentry (Void)

4. Thanos

5. H/P Doomsday

6. Odin

carver9
IMO they stop at 1 or split. If they get past that, Void kills them.

-Pr-
They get to 6. Don't know if they can take Odin, as I honestly don't know enough about the guy.

My gut says no, though.

gogogadgetgo
they make it to Odin

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
They get to 6. Don't know if they can take Odin, as I honestly don't know enough about the guy.

My gut says no, though. how do they beat HP DD?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
how do they beat HP DD?

IMO current Superman could beat him by himself. So with the other two there, they kill him to death, either with energy attacks or just plain brute force.

carver9
IMO current Superman could beat him by himself. So with the other two there, they kill him to death, either with energy attacks or just plain brute force.

I agree 100% with this. Superman has grown in power and experience and should be able to take Doomsday out. You can't base there fight off of previous showings against a weaker Superman.

Now Void, Thanos, and Odin is a different story.

leonidas
IMO current Superman could beat him by himself.

really? i find that interesting. how come? and does it follow that you think he could likewise beat darkseid down, ala h/p dd?

i ask because i've heard this argument before. people say supes is more powerful now, so he could beat that dd. but, has seid increased as much in power as superman has? truthfully, i don't know but think you're one of the more rational--and unbiased--dc fans so i'd trust your thoughts over some others.

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
really? i find that interesting. how come? and does it follow that you think he could likewise beat darkseid down, ala h/p dd?

i ask because i've heard this argument before. people say supes is more powerful now, so he could beat that dd. but, has seid increased as much in power as superman has? truthfully, i don't know but think you're one of the more rational--and unbiased--dc fans so i'd trust your thoughts over some others.

i'm not a dc fan, first of all. not primarily. stick out tongue

honestly, superman is just more powerful than he was 15 years ago, and what feats HP DD performed, just don't strike me as something he couldn't overcome. You have to remember that all this happened before Superman got some serious training with his powers too, learning to multitask better and the like. He's not just more powerful, he's a lot more competent too.

Current DD has the potential to be the most powerful yet, though.

as far as Darkseid goes...

On a physical level, i'd put Superman on par with or above DS. Though I'd put Superman physically on par with or above most people anyway. DS still has the Omega, which should give him the edge in any long term battle, imo.

Simbon
THey make it to 6.

The combination of Surfer and Supes alone is pretty uber if they've practiced fighting together. Even while fighting other folks, Surfer could easily pump enough yellow sun energy into Supes to make him all but unstoppable.

psycho gundam
i'm not a dc fan, first of all. not primarily. stick out tongue http://i51.tinypic.com/123tytl.gif

carver9
i'm not a dc fan, first of all. not primarily. stick out tongue

honestly, superman is just more powerful than he was 15 years ago, and what feats HP DD performed, just don't strike me as something he couldn't overcome. You have to remember that all this happened before Superman got some serious training with his powers too, learning to multitask better and the like. He's not just more powerful, he's a lot more competent too.

Current DD has the potential to be the most powerful yet, though.

as far as Darkseid goes...

On a physical level, i'd put Superman on par with or above DS. Though I'd put Superman physically on par with or above most people anyway. DS still has the Omega, which should give him the edge in any long term battle, imo.

Sorry to point you out like this Pr and I know we've discussed this in the past but I don't agree with Darkseid having any type of edge against Supes. Also wasn't it outright stated that Darkseid Omegas doesn't work on Supes due to his importance to the Universe?

I would give Darkseid about a 3/10 against Supes and that's being generous.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i51.tinypic.com/123tytl.gif

shrug

Originally posted by carver9
Sorry to point you out like this Pr and I know we've discussed this in the past but I don't agree with Darkseid having any type of edge against Supes. Also wasn't it outright stated that Darkseid Omegas doesn't work on Supes due to his importance to the Universe?

I would give Darkseid about a 3/10 against Supes and that's being generous.

i don't know about that scan, where it was stated (unless people are talking about the S/B issue). and besides, even with it, Darkseid still has normal energy blasts and teleportation and the like.

Giving him 3/10 against Superman is honestly not just a little insulting, but very insulting.

carver9
shrug

i don't know about that scan, where it was stated (unless people are talking about the S/B issue). and besides, even with it, Darkseid still has normal energy blasts and teleportation and the like.

Giving him 3/10 against Superman is honestly not just a little insulting, but very insulting.

Yeah, it was stated a while back and from what I am seeing, it still hold precident. What type of energy attacks has Darkseid used that took Superman down? His casual blast isn't dropping him.

From looking at all the years of their skuffles, a none holding back Supes is above Darkseid. If he fought a calm Supes that isn't pissed, then that's when he stands a chance and even then its debatable.

-Pr-
Yeah, it was stated a while back and from what I am seeing, it still hold precident. What type of energy attacks has Darkseid used that took Superman down? His casual blast isn't dropping him.

From looking at all the years of their skuffles, a none holding back Supes is above Darkseid. If he fought a calm Supes that isn't pissed, then that's when he stands a chance and even then its debatable.

The reason I mentioned the S/B one was because it wasn't proof. Darkseid has used the Omega on Superman before, and it's worked, he's just never (iirc) tried to erase him from existence.

From all the years of their scuffles, Darkseid has had superiority. Superman gets his licks in, and bar Orion is probably the one person who could take DS down in a fight, but Darkseid is still more powerful.

leonidas
like i said, the reason i brought ds up is because i don't see him being any more competent or powerful than HE was. and he was obliterated by dd. using the way dd performed against ds, i'd still put dd above current supes because i don't see current supes being able to do what dd did to ds. i think that ds beat down was a pretty definitive statement regarding dd's power.

in any event, this current dd DOES seem to be awesome. i hope they finally get it right with him.......

TricksterPriest
If you get teleported by the OE, it means you got erased by it at some point. That's how it works.

Given DD's ability to adapt, they'll have a hard time stopping him.

I can concede a physical battle to Superman. Unless Darkseid amps up, he might not take the majority in a fistfight. But then, very very few people can take Superman in a fistfight. But when you put the rest of the cards on the table; reality warping, time control, the omega beams, the omega effect, the omega sanction, tp, tk, etc, at that point Superman is outgunned.

Allankles
I'm of the same opinion that Supes today would beat H/P DD as he was portrayed then. As far DS goes, he was also pretty weak under Jurgens, as was Apokolips as a whole in fact.

Starlin and Morrison (off the top of my head) as among his most recent writers portrayed him with far more power than Jurgens.

Their versions of DS would quickly put down H/P DD.

-Pr-
like i said, the reason i brought ds up is because i don't see him being any more competent or powerful than HE was. and he was obliterated by dd. using the way dd performed against ds, i'd still put dd above current supes because i don't see current supes being able to do what dd did to ds. i think that ds beat down was a pretty definitive statement regarding dd's power.

in any event, this current dd DOES seem to be awesome. i hope they finally get it right with him.......

tbh I honestly never thought much of the Darkseid in HP. I thought he wasn't really that portrayed, and DD taking him down like that was more for shock value than anything else.

But that's just me...

Damborgson
Thanos would be tough to get past. Even with the power those 3 command. It would be tough but i give slight majority to team. They wont beat Odin imo though.

celeyhyga17
They have trouble with1. they dont get past Void unless Bob wants to die again.. They are not getting past Thanos..

leonidas
Originally posted by Allankles
I'm of the same opinion that Supes today would beat H/P DD as he was portrayed then. As far DS goes, he was also pretty weak under Jurgens, as was Apokolips as a whole in fact.

Starlin and Morrison (off the top of my head) as among his most recent writers portrayed him with far more power than Jurgens.

Their versions of DS would quickly put down H/P DD.

hmm, perhaps you're right. were the story written today though, i have serious doubts it would go down differently. i think dd was portrayed relatively. were it written today, i think he would have simply been written to be more powerful.

perhaps that is what dc is doing with him now.

leonidas
oh, as for the thread--the jump to 6 is too great imo. they could wrok to get to odin, then odin obliterates them. he starts by taking mjollnir and beating thor with it, and drains thor of his life-force if he chooses. putting thor in a battle with odin does NOT help supes and ss...... specially when supes has no particular special defense against magic.

TricksterPriest
The only way they could take Odin is by channeling enough solar power into Superman to give him a sundip. If that happens, they can do it. But Thor is a huge liability in that fight, you are correct.

Starscream M
hey guys, I should've put this in...but Odin isn't allowed to mess with thor's powers in this fight.

carver9
The reason I mentioned the S/B one was because it wasn't proof. Darkseid has used the Omega on Superman before, and it's worked, he's just never (iirc) tried to erase him from existence.

From all the years of their scuffles, Darkseid has had superiority. Superman gets his licks in, and bar Orion is probably the one person who could take DS down in a fight, but Darkseid is still more powerful.

The ONLY time I can remember Superman ever getting serious with Darkseid was during the time he rambed him into the source wall and the other time was when he punched Darkseid so hard it almost knocked their tower out of orbit.

The rest came from a leniant Superman.

Why isn't S/B proof that Superman could handle the Omegas? I'm not referring to that instance but that should also be a reliable source.

Superman has fought Darkseid more than enough to know how to beat him AND pull a majority imo. From their skuffles, he has resisted AND outpaced the Omegas... Darkseid only trump card. Superman rarely if ever use his versatility when facing Darkseid, he goes fist cuffs.

-Pr-
The ONLY time I can remember Superman ever getting serious with Darkseid was during the time he rambed him into the source wall and the other time was when he punched Darkseid so hard it almost knocked their tower out of orbit.

The rest came from a leniant Superman.

Why isn't S/B proof that Superman could handle the Omegas? I'm not referring to that instance but that should also be a reliable source.

Superman has fought Darkseid more than enough to know how to beat him AND pull a majority imo. From their skuffles, he has resisted AND outpaced the Omegas... Darkseid only trump card. Superman rarely if ever use his versatility when facing Darkseid, he goes fist cuffs.

S/B, i was talking about the whole "he's necessary to existence" type thing.

and no, darkseid has backhanded even a pissed off superman in his time.

he hasn't resisted all of the omega. not nearly.

he does use his versatility, he uses speed and hv.

Starscream M
IMO current Superman could beat him by himself. So with the other two there, they kill him to death, either with energy attacks or just plain brute force. I respectfully disagree with that view

yes, superman today is far stronger more powerful than the superman that dd wrecked

but remember, Superman said DD was not beatable. he didn't say "if I get more heroes, we can overpower him". he said the only way to beat dd is to bfr him out of existence.

-Pr-
I respectfully disagree with that view

yes, superman today is far stronger more powerful than the superman that dd wrecked

but remember, Superman said DD was not beatable. he didn't say "if I get more heroes, we can overpower him". he said the only way to beat dd is to bfr him out of existence.

that just means that THAT superman couldn't beat him. which was fifteen years ago. pre i think at least two upgrades, and a heap load of training.

leonidas

i think that happened in the superpowers arc. didn't supes go in, get smacked, then go in again and get slapped down a second time?? that was hilarious..... laughing out loud

one of the rare times ds showed clear superiority over kal.

-Pr-
i think that happened in the superpowers arc. didn't supes go in, get smacked, then go in again and get slapped down a second time?? that was hilarious..... laughing out loud

one of the rare times ds showed clear superiority over kal.

i was talking about Our Worlds At War, but if there's another one...

leonidas
hey guys, I should've put this in...but Odin isn't allowed to mess with thor's powers in this fight.

still don't see it ending any differently i'm afraid. erm

if supes was given enough energy to somehow be a threat (not that odin couldn't simply cut ss off and prevent him from granting power--he could stop time if he needed to) odin could simply bfr him then kill the other 2.

those 3 have zero chance against odin.

carver9
S/B, i was talking about the whole "he's necessary to existence" type thing.

he hasn't resisted all of the omega. not nearly.

he does use his versatility, he uses speed and hv.

So are you telling me if Supes fought Darkseid in the same fashion he fought that Imperiex Probe that fell in Kansas that Darkseid could win?

-Pr-
So are you telling me if Supes fought Darkseid in the same fashion he fought that Imperiex Probe that fell in Kansas that Darkseid could win?

Yes, Darkseid could win. Whether he would or not, is debatable, but yes, he's perfectly capable of winning.

carver9
They are not doing a d*** thing to Odin... all of them die almost instantly with othing but a mere gesture from odin.

-Pr-
They are not doing a d*** thing to Odin... all of them die almost instantly with othing but a mere gesture from odin.

laughing out loud

carver9
Yes, Darkseid could win. Whether he would or not, is debatable, but yes, he's perfectly capable of winning.

I disagree since Darkseid has never faced a Superman that fights like that and the one he does fight, he tends to struggle against. I don't think you are looking at the big picture Pr.

carver9
laughing out loud

Lol... what are you lauging at Pr?

That wasn't a joke.

confused

-Pr-
I disagree since Darkseid has never faced a Superman that fights like that and the one he does fight, he tends to struggle against. I don't think you are looking at the big picture Pr.

How am I not? Darkseid has faced a pissed off Superman before on more than one occasion. He's won too.

Superman rarely if ever gets the best of Darkseid without help or just plain poor writing.

What's the "big picture" I seem to be missing?

Lol... what are you lauging at Pr?

That wasn't a joke.

confused

it was just funny to see you react like that.

Starscream M
They are not doing a d*** thing to Odin... all of them die almost instantly with othing but a mere gesture from odin. just like thanos, riiiiight? roll eyes (sarcastic)

gogogadgetgo

doesn't really matter, we know that Odin can and will beat Thor and Surfer with very very little effort and he'd do it at the same time. Which leaves superman...who, imo, will fall just as fast as surfer and thor would.

Black bolt z
I honestly don't see them getting past 4. They can if they are lucky but not 5. And they have no chance at 6.

carver9
just like thanos, riiiiight? roll eyes (sarcastic)

They are not Thanos. Thanos has also withstood attacks fromTyrant who dropped high heralds with ease so I don't get your point.

Starscream M
They are not Thanos. Thanos has also withstood attacks fromTyrant who dropped high heralds with ease so I don't get your point. my point is you have utterly no basis for saying odin drops them with a gesture

iirc Thor has fought odin before and held up decently

Black bolt z
my point is you have utterly no basis for saying odin drops them with a gesture

iirc Thor has fought odin before and held up decently Thats either a high showing for thor or a low for Odin.

Because odin has stomped much more powerful people.

And yes Odin does drop them with a gesture.

JakeTheBank
They get to six.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The only way they could take Odin is by channeling enough solar power into Superman to give him a sundip. If that happens, they can do it. But Thor is a huge liability in that fight, you are correct.

since im not like other posters who fly off the handle, im just gonna say i strongly disagree with u... i am gonna say one thing.. u done lost yo mind!!!

stick out tongue

carver9
How am I not? Darkseid has faced a pissed off Superman before on more than one occasion. He's won too.

Superman rarely if ever gets the best of Darkseid without help or just plain poor writing.

What's the "big picture" I seem to be missing?

it was just funny to see you react like that.

Lol... people are rubbing off on me.

big grin

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
since im not like other posters who fly off the handle, im just gonna say i strongly disagree with u... i am gonna say one thing.. u done lost yo mind!!!

stick out tongue

I have been with this site for a long time... 9+ years but I did not know Trickster was like that. I'm in complete shock.

Black bolt z
I have been with this site for a long time... 9+ years but I did not know Trickster was like that. I'm in complete shock. You joined '04. Thats 7 years. Not 9+.

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
You joined '04. Thats 7 years. Not 9+.

I had an acct before that but I didn't like the name on it so I opened the Carver9 acct.

That's why I said 9+ years and before opening up ANY accts, I use to just visit the site and read people post.

vince_slice
my point is you have utterly no basis for saying odin drops them with a gesture

iirc Thor has fought odin before and held up decently

Odin KO'd the Silver Surfer with a single blast in the same book he fought Thanos.

TricksterPriest

stick out tongue Oh my mind is long since lost. durznuts But.....tell me, have you read OWAW? Because you might change your mind once you see what Superman can do with a sundip.

celeyhyga17
Oh my mind is long since lost. durznuts But.....tell me, have you read OWAW? Because you might change your mind once you see what Superman can do with a sundip.

read it.
no it doesnt change my mind.

so are u telling me OWAW Supes > Odin?

please please u dont really believe that....

zeel
Oh my mind is long since lost. durznuts But.....tell me, have you read OWAW? Because you might change your mind once you see what Superman can do with a sundip.

Superman stands no chance against odin sundipped, bloodlusted or not.

i think the team has problems with sentry and thanos. not sure how they are beating current thanos. but if by some chance they get the lasso around him they can make it to odin mabey.

Odin then proceds to destroy them. Superman will prolly die first since hes less resistant to odins attacks. this is not a low showing at all either for the team. No high hearld is soloing odin not even superman.

shokosugi
they beat Odin via blitz by Superman.

TricksterPriest
read it.
no it doesnt change my mind.

so are u telling me OWAW Supes > Odin?

please please u dont really believe that....

With the sundip? Easily. Considering what he did, it's obvious. No skyfather could accomplish the feats he did in OWAW while sundipped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm Christ.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm Christ.

you expected something less? laughing out loud

With the sundip? Easily. Considering what he did, it's obvious. No skyfather could accomplish the feats he did in OWAW while sundipped. serioysly, what did he do that was above odin?

Black bolt z
With the sundip? Easily. Considering what he did, it's obvious. No skyfather could accomplish the feats he did in OWAW while sundipped. OWAW supes isn't regular supes facepalmOriginally posted by shokosugi
they beat Odin via blitz by Superman. laughing out loud

Oh shoko and your fail.

vince_slice
With the sundip? Easily. Considering what he did, it's obvious. No skyfather could accomplish the feats he did in OWAW while sundipped.
Originally posted by shokosugi
sick

Zack Fair

superdur

-Pr-
OWAW supes isn't regular supes facepalm laughing out loud

Oh shoko and your fail.

You're right, current Superman is more powerful than OWAW Superman. Now, if you're talking about sundips, that's different, but Norrin can supply that by himself.

Tha C-Master
they beat Odin via blitz by Superman. Hey!

Black bolt z
You're right, current Superman is more powerful than OWAW Superman. Now, if you're talking about sundips, that's different, but Norrin can supply that by himself. But it still wouldn't be enough to beat Odin. IMO.

-Pr-
But it still wouldn't be enough to beat Odin. IMO.

and that's perfectly reasonable.

leonidas
and that's perfectly reasonable.

confound you and your damnable reasonable-ness! mad

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by 753
serioysly, what did he do that was above odin? Tanked entropy, moved warworld, was blasting through B-13's defenses. Which, considering B-13 was using Imperiex's power.......yeah, that's enough. big grin

Harbinger
All of these rounds make the team work, but they can clear 1-5 if they fight together.

Odin cancels Christmas, though.

carver9
Tanked entropy, moved warworld, was blasting through B-13's defenses. Which, considering B-13 was using Imperiex's power.......yeah, that's enough. big grin

Wow.

Trick, you are something else. Superman wasnt the only one during that arc that was hit by Entropy and how powerful was the blast he was hit by? I know the COMBINED, FULL EXTENT of its power is enough to shed a universe but how powerful was the blast Supes or Steel was shot by? Planetary, Universal, city wrecking? Can someone provide me with some figures?

How powerful was the mere blast Monarch was shooting Prime with. I know that Monarch has shedded a universe with his FULL EXTENT of power but how powerful was the blast that Monarch was hitting Prime in the face with? Planetary, Universal, City Wrecking?

How powerful was the blast that Galactus was using against Thanos shields or the blast that Galactus shot Rulk with or the blast that Galactus hit Hulk with. We know that Galactus has wrecked universes and solar systems.

How powerful was the blast that Thanos was hit by from Odin? I know that Odin has completely shedded Galaxies so how powerful was the blast that Thanos was hit by? Planetray, Galaxy level, city wrecking.

Can someone answer this for me please?

Thanks.

Tanked entropy, moved warworld, was blasting through B-13's defenses. Which, considering B-13 was using Imperiex's power.......yeah, that's enough. big grin it really isnt. the idea that warworld was being moved forward with all the power of millions of galaxies is an unreasonable extrapolation of a hyperbolic statement.
Nova Prime opened a portal and shoved an omnipotent sphinx with two ka stones through it. that does not make him a skyfather. why is tanking entropy's blast above skyfather?

TheLordofMurder
Team stops dead at 6....

dmills
You joined '04. Thats 7 years. Not 9+. You actually checked that out? Weirds. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/scared-smiley-face.gif

The Line
IMO they stop at 1 or split. If they get past that, Void kills them. I agree. Thor's speed is going to be an issue for the first fight.

dmills
They get slapped around every which way at 4.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by dmills
You actually checked that out? Weirds. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/scared-smiley-face.gif laughing out loud

All you gotta do is click on his name...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by 753
it really isnt. the idea that warworld was being moved forward with all the power of millions of galaxies is an unreasonable extrapolation of a hyperbolic statement.
Nova Prime opened a portal and shoved an omnipotent sphinx with two ka stones through it. that does not make him a skyfather. why is tanking entropy's blast above skyfather? Hyper-bolic my ass. B-13 was shown to have Imperiex Prime's power, including his command over entropy. And Superman was moving Warworld despite it's engines protesting to the contrary. B-13 was panicking over it. That says B-13 with all the power at his disposal.......could not stop Superman from moving Warworld, even with the engines running full blast against him. Or attacking him with all the power at his disposal. You actually think B-13 was holding back? Given that Superman was putting his entire plan in jeopardy? Really? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Entropy is alot different in DC than in marvel. Entropy is a one shot killer for most people or entities. The Time Trapper himself was killed by an entropy blast from Parallax. H/P DD was killed twice by entropy. Extant wiped out entire timelines. To tank it is above trans level. Even skyfathers would be greatly injured by it.

Superman no-sold it with a sundip. no expression

BattleMage
They stop at 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.